sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

i hope nothing ive said has offended anyone if it has im sorry. but anyway eh back 2 shimmers mines at the 4 day mark and finally cracking lol yay xd.png

Also Grox - I saw your coded Balloon egg back there. I'm reasonably certain that you're building the first code-based Shimmer lineage. :P

@ kerrikins: I've voiced similar concerns before, but truth be told the worst have stopped for a while now. It's more a sort of passive-aggressive near-harassment nowadays, which isn't really reportable. Best thing people can do is write down the names somewhere and not trade with them or something.

@ Wolfsong: I'm generally not a fan of holiday lines either since I can't continue them, but man, I can really see why you took that ribbon dancer one.

Has anyone asked you for a Silas x valentine's day pairing? Because I may need to stalk someone for that. x:

nooo. but someone should...ie youuu >>

*sigh* I wasn't satisfied by any means, but I didn't want to annoy people by moaning in threads or PMing them begging for Tinsels. So I didn't. It took me months to get a tinsel, it took me years to even get a Metal when I joined DC. A lot of people want things instantly these days. Of course, there's probably a lot of people out there waiting patiently until Shimmer prices go down, and I applaud them. o3o

But apparently that did work for some. I've asked several people how they got on lists a couple days ago just for fun, and most said that they messaged the winners right when they came out.

Heck, I've tried a lot to get some Shimmers, but I've barely been real active in pursuing them. I'm mostly just waiting for the hype to go down, as well. Might as well try when you can, though. Because it is nice to get with a nice lineage without waiting a heck of a while.

(also, I'm sorry if anything I've said has come off as rude, I'm just a debater at heart xd.png I have way more important things to be upset about than little pixel dragons on an adoptable site )

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

Am I jealous of winners and people that have some Shimmers? Yes, I am. I'm going to admit that. But even I find all the whining annoying. And I did some whining on my own when they first came out.

Why am I irritated? For first, it's my own fault. I didn't put any real effort into getting on 2nd gen lists.

Second, it doesn't accomplish anything. It's just a waste of time and nerves, and people's opinion of you goes down.

Thirdly, it's not Shimmer owner's fault for my own lack of Shimmers. I don't see why they should listen (read?) to my own frustration.

At least, that's how I look at it.

nooo. but someone should...ie youuu >>

;_; The only one I can ask for is Shimmer x Arsani, since that's the only CB breed I have. I CAN'T CONTINUE A STAIRSTEP OF THE OTHERS. /table flip

Do you think Shimmer x Arsani looks good? The colors aren't bad, but I think the shapes are really throwing me off.

(And not gonna lie, I picked up a CB tan ridgewing and influenced it male in case you wanted a Shimmer x Ridgewing egg from me later.)

;_; The only one I can ask for is Shimmer x Arsani, since that's the only CB breed I have. I CAN'T CONTINUE A STAIRSTEP OF THE OTHERS. /table flip

Do you think Shimmer x Arsani looks good? The colors aren't bad, but I think the shapes are really throwing me off.

(And not gonna lie, I picked up a CB tan ridgewing and influenced it male in case you wanted a Shimmer x Ridgewing egg from me later.)

Yeah, I like the colors, but it really just doesn't work, IMO. The shapes of the dragons don't seem to have anything that goes with each other. It seems too random. How does more than one look?

yeah pink and silver does work well together and actually with their shapes it looks like they could be hugging and the arsanis tail is wrapping up with the shimmers body

Edited by linda3.0

i like them. the arsani is my favorite valentines.

and yesss, ridgewing pleaseee. i want an even gen.

Ok guys. I just have to say this.

We can whine if we want, honestly. As long as it doesn't go into the relm of being completely obnoxious and therefor being against forum rules, we can pine for the shimmers and wish we had them to our hearts content. It makes some people feel better to express their feelings.

That being said, no one with a shimmer should randomly feel GUILTY just because they own one and some people are crying they don't have one.

So? That's not their fault for having one, why do they care again? If anything they should be pointing and laughing, but I digress. (LOL)

So just let people do what they want really. no one should feel guilty either way, for 'whining' or having a shimmer. *SHRUG*

Moving on. I love the idea of Shimmer x Arsani.

Edited by Kaini

Quite frankly, I'm sick of all the whining from people without Shimmers.

There's been so much passive-aggressiveness or snide comments from people about my Shimmers that I've been considering just giving up, fulfilling the few shimmer promises I made and not ever breeding them again. It's pathetic, it really is - I never wanted to be considering that!

There's a difference between "having" jealousy and "venting" your jealousy.

THEN you can call me greedy.

well darn wolfsong your shimmers offspring was doin so well it went an entire day without being sick xd.png but its back to bein a sickly little eggy tongue.gif but at least now its got a large hole in the egg lol

Gender darn it!!!!! Just gender already!!! Put me out of my misery! I beg you....just.....gender!!! *sob*

Boy, I thought tinsels were stubborn... cute baby though!

I'm sure it is a TON of pressure. I think I would go mad! ...Seriously, though. I don't envy the stress it puts on the owners.

Basically, I think the Shimmers are gorgeous, I look forward to having a few one day, once they are more available, but for now, I'm okay with not owning one until it's time. Especially because, while I want to trade fairly for one, I am aware that I am not actually willing to trade an arm and a leg for it. 4-6 great dragons and/or a dozen CB hatchies, yes. 8 CB metals, 40 CB hatchies, and everything else under the sun? No. If I have to spend all my time and all my egg/hatchie slots breeding for someone else, then I don't get to have any fun playing the game! And that's exactly why I would be frustrated at owning a CB Shimmer -- I would want to play with it in *my* style, which means no breeding list at first, only choosing who I will gift to (people I already know and have a nice relationship with online), or perhaps Glomp Gifting or offering one in trade for a reasonable price. So, if you are an owner and that is your playing style, I am certainly not going to resent it!

I'm also totally aware that there are other things I don't wish to do to obtain a Shimmer; I like to make trades for the near future, so I'm not actually interested in being 27th on a list or something. I am also not on the IRC -- I've never been on it, and while I may sign up someday, I don't want to join *just* in hopes of getting a Shimmer; I'm still deciding how much social networking I want to do (again, in the name of this being a *game* and a *hobby* and not a chore!), as my time is at a premium these days, and I would hate to strike up an acquaintance with people and then just disappear. As for PM-ing the owners, most of them are so harassed right now that I probably won't unless they seem to have flown under the radar. Nothing against asking nicely, but...not when it might just be a stress factor, regardless of how it's worded.

I would also hate the passive-aggressive commenting by people who just want one oh so much and whyyyy are the owners so hard to contact or ohhhh they don't even appreciate what they have! etc. Blech.

So, if you have a Shimmer, I wish you all the best. ENJOY IT!

*Throws egg into 5 more hatcheries*

Get a hooooole already, will ya!

*Doesn't want to Incubate before then, because her Tinsels ALWAYS need ERing to the point of sickness if she does*

*Is not feeling patient right now. At all.*

Ok guys. I just have to say this.

We can whine if we want, honestly. As long as it doesn't go into the relm of being completely obnoxious and therefor being against forum rules, we can pine for the shimmers and wish we had them to our hearts content. It makes some people feel better to express their feelings.

That being said, no one with a shimmer should randomly feel GUILTY just because they own one and some people are crying they don't have one.

So? That's not their fault for having one, why do they care again? If anything they should be pointing and laughing, but I digress. (LOL)

So just let people do what they want really. no one should feel guilty either way, for 'whining' or having a shimmer. *SHRUG*

I like how you put it.

It is kinda sad to see people from both sides upset about a Shimmer issue, but in the end, like I said, there are more important things than getting all worked up over pixel dragons on the internet. As long as people don't get so upset it affects their actual personal lives, it's fine to dislike something, and even be vocal about it. You can't fix problems if you don't even tell anyone what it is.

And I think it's rather silly for Shimmer owners to not even want to breed much because of vocal Shimmerless Dragon Cavers. If anything, that makes people whine even more, because that means fewer Shimmers to get the circulation going well. So if the Shimmer owners aren't really happy about people longing for their lovely Dragons, well, they aren't really helping either.

@ Maggie, Linda:

that feel when my soul gets crushed because I love valentine's day dragons

Ahem. I don't think having more than one will help much since it's more in the way they curl. But I think I'll push ahead with it anyway.

@ Wolfsong:

I got this bad girl in your future for you. I looked at it with the purple, but I personally liked the tan better. Any preference on your end before I write you down?

And Arsani lineages please yesss. There's not enough of those out there. |:

@ Dubious:

Thanks for the link again! The cropped picture does make the lineage look a lot nicer.

@ Kaini:

No one said that people can't whine. I'm just complaining about the amount of complaints I've seen.

Edit because I accidentally a word.

Edited by Noxion

aww lol well its about what you wanna do with them really xd.png i mean i already know what lineage i wanna make with a shimmer someday =P

well darn wolfsong your shimmers offspring was doin so well it went an entire day without being sick xd.png but its back to bein a sickly little eggy tongue.gif but at least now its got a large hole in the egg lol

poor bb.

i haven't had too many problems with the shimmer.

had more issues with that tinsel i have >>

and that is /gorgeous/ nox...no complaints <33

Edited by Wolfsong442

Am I jealous of winners and people that have some Shimmers? Yes, I am. I'm going to admit that. But even I find all the whining annoying. And I did some whining on my own when they first came out.

Why am I irritated? For first, it's my own fault. I didn't put any real effort into getting on 2nd gen lists.

Second, it doesn't accomplish anything. It's just a waste of time and nerves, and people's opinion of you goes down.

Thirdly, it's not Shimmer owner's fault for my own lack of Shimmers. I don't see why they should listen (read?) to my own frustration.

At least, that's how I look at it.

The bolded part is really how I feel about threads like these and, have you seen the "CB Metals Everywhere" thread? I suggest you avoid it because all it is is people whining, indirectly and directly, about how they missed metallics. It's depressing.

This thread is almost the same, only, there is less of whining than the metallic thread. The only reason these threads are useful is for me to get a general breadth of how many dragons are here and how are the shimmers doing, because I'm interested in them.

What's incredibly irksome is people whining, when... why are you whining? You didn't lose anything. Posting about your frustrations... I think it only makes other people frustrated and annoyed, too - it's spreading this ill sentiment around.

Solution: I think one of the best things to do is to just avoid these types of threads, but there's the downside that you won't be in "on the loop." So, there isn't really a good solution at all.