sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

It would seem that a lot more people aren't willing to accept IOU's anymore. When my list was still open, I tried offering a few people IOU's for a Shimmer baby and got turned down by all but one person. I thought people would jump at the chance at getting on a list for a Shimmer but I guess not. *shrug*

Not everyone actively offering shimmer IOU's right now is delivering them. It is wise of people to be a little wary, unless the other person is someone they've actually traded with in the past.

That is quite true. I do intend to gift my first shimmer baby to my daughter, then I guess randomly trade any others! xd.png

Its nice to be able to gift pixels as a birthday present!

Its both free and likely to get you a big hug! laugh.gif

Not everyone actively offering shimmer IOU's right now is delivering them. It is wise of people to be a little wary, unless the other person is someone they've actually traded with in the past.

I was wary of this when trading for IOUs, as shimmers were to be my first IOU experience on the site (and then it snowballed from there). I checked posting histories, scrolls, asked about eleven hundred questions, and saved all of the PMs. I know there is no guarantee, but I feel like I've picked a group of people I personally trust, as long as no one has forgotten about me wink.gif

I have zero people on my Silver Shimmer list, and I do carry through my IOUs, but it is a good idea to be wary. I got scammed by a certain person whom I will not name and it was pretty painful. sad.gif

My daughter got scammed by the exact same person too...I really should have warned her about who not to trade with. xd.png

I have zero people on my Silver Shimmer list, and I do carry through my IOUs, but it is a good idea to be wary. I got scammed by a certain person whom I will not name and it was pretty painful. sad.gif

My daughter got scammed by the exact same person too...I really should have warned her about who not to trade with.  xd.png

*jumps into Shimmer list and puts up a tent*

user posted image

xd.png

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

My daughter got scammed by the exact same person too...I really should have warned her about who not to trade with. xd.png

0?.......Can I get in on that action?

Poor sarantha! You should of hid in a bomb shelter before you said that! At least I'm barely holding myself back from messaging you.

I was wary of this when trading for IOUs, as shimmers were to be my first IOU experience on the site (and then it snowballed from there). I checked posting histories, scrolls, asked about eleven hundred questions, and saved all of the PMs. I know there is no guarantee, but I feel like I've picked a group of people I personally trust, as long as no one has forgotten about me  wink.gif

Yes, I agree. I'm not anti-IOU in general-- I accept a lot of them. I'm just a little cautious about it, and I don't mind if people are cautious of me as well. Not all of those shimmer-IOU-hawking PM's other users have been describing are in good faith. I certainly didn't mean to personally malign tikigurl91 in particular, either. If her lists open up again, I'd be there, LOL!

Edited by tjekan

Agh yea sorry that is true. But i mean dropping a big one like that you gotta expect it. Sorry!

Oh, I completely agree that everyone should be wary when accepting IOU's but I would hope that I should have at least a little bit of a reputation of being a reliable trader. I've never had a bad experience with IOU's (either owed to me or me owing one) so I just thought it was a bit odd. Normally people are jumping at IOU offers so when I got declined for so many, I just found it strange. Especially since so many people are wanting Shimmers right now and I wasn't asking for multiple CB metals or anything ridiculous. tongue.gif

My list for Elias filled pretty quick but I think that was because I offered and I also am super good about fulfilling my ious asap. (Plus I am super anal and usually mass pm everyone on my list about what happened the last breeding so i am sure they are up to date)

The only outstanding list I have is for my 2nd Gen tinsel Lulu. She hasn't produced a tinsel egg in almost over a year now even though I breed her every week sleep.gif Most fickle dragon I own ><!

Edited by Reidragon

For me, when picking traders, it came down to the mate, the time, and if the original dragon was being bred as well. All of the golds I was offered a 3rd gen on weren't being bred, or hadn't produced an offspring in the four+ weeks since become adults (back when I was looking). That spooked me quite a bit, as most others had at least shimmerkin and one baby to their name.

When I asked, and then they asked, I was told the breeder had forgotten, which is the only reason I declined that trade. I finally bit the bullet and accepted a gold that hadn't produced a child yet, simply because I wanted a gold, but it was a decision long in coming. The patience on the trader's part, when dealing with my waffling paranoia, is what ultimately led me to accept!

Also, a staggering majority of the mates were either holidays, dragons I simply don't like (upside-down flying paper airplanes), or hadn't even been picked out yet. And in some cases the person offering was quite far down on their list, which added another element of risk that I wasn't willing to take. As I jumped on the wagon early, I think I secured a few nice spots for myself!

Well, NOW I have a list for my Silver Shimmer....Maggie jumped first, so she gets the first baby. xd.png

No need to hide under a tent!

She hasnt even said if she is taking people right now lol xd.png

Jumped the gun a bit...just excited to see an opening (possibly)

Well, NOW I have a list for my Silver Shimmer....Maggie jumped first, so she gets the first baby. xd.png

No need to hide under a tent!

*hugs*

Yeah, kinda jumped into the opportunity like there was no tomorrow. I guess that sometimes works, I guess.

*hugs*

Yeah, kinda jumped into the opportunity like there was no tomorrow. I guess that sometimes works, I guess.

You've got more guts than I have. tongue.gif My hesitation over asking about open spots is pretty deeply ingrained by now. Grats on your luck. smile.gif

lol im so torn xd.png i wanna ask but i actually have a shimmer egg already while others dont =P

and the second one? *tries to squeeze into maggie's tent*

You've got more guts than I have. tongue.gif My hesitation over asking about open spots is pretty deeply ingrained by now. Grats on your luck. smile.gif

I'm too scared to ask. tongue.gif Don't worry we're on the same boat.

and the second one? *tries to squeeze into maggie's tent*

There's plenty of room in the Shimmer camp out session!

It's like Black Friday here!

i messaged sarantha to be part of her list..

>.<

*immediate regret*