sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

well yeah point taken but compared to probably 95% of the population that only seems silly lol tongue.gif

lol i wasnt trying to be offensive xd.png and dude ive seen your scroll lol you have a shimmer pile xd.png

I only have two 2nd gens, and I'm only on ... I've lost count how many more lists. But it's not that many. D=

I'm only on one Gold list, and I'm fairly high up on that though. :|

lol i wasnt trying to be offensive xd.png and dude ive seen your scroll lol you have a shimmer pile xd.png

i have seven

most are higher gen though. 3+

Heck, I just want a Shimmer period. The sprites are amazing.

I would take the messiest, most inbred Shimmer if I was offered it right now.

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

Heck, I just want a Shimmer The sprites are amazing.

I would take the messiest, most inbred Shimmer if I was offered it right now.

i thought you had one already

Guys...

I know that all of you want a shimmer. Hey, *I* want a shimmer. I think they're gorgeous and I'd love the gifting/lottoing/trading opportunities.

But some of the reactions I see here.. You realise how frustrating, disappointing and hurtful they can be for the people who have shimmers?

I happen to know multiple shimmer owners, and more than a few of them have voiced the frustration and disappointment that they feel simply for owning a shimmer. They're also under tremendous pressure in terms of how they're handling the shimmers that they have. Some people seem to think that people who trade for shimmers should be content with only one, never mind that often people who have lower gens or multiples *want* them so that they don't have lists that go on for eons and can do impulsive gifting or lottos, etc.

DC has always had a certain balance in terms of rarer eggs and commons. Some people are good at catching/trading for them, others aren't. *All* games have this kind of balance - you can't have everyone be amazing at it! I'm always perplexed by the fact that people seem to think that those who are really good at this game should alter their behaviour or abstain from playing because it's 'not fair' otherwise. That's not how games work....

There are some generous people who are gifting shimmers, yet I see not a mention of them on this thread. I don't see many comments of how wonderful it is that people are doing that even though there's such high demand right now and people can and will pay multiple cb metals for offspring.

I just hope people realise that there are some owners (in general) who are at the point of not even wanting to breed or gift their shimmers anymore, because people are making assumptions and snide comments about them out in the open without realising that this has a negative effect. People shouldn't have to feel *guilty* about owning dragons. They shouldn't be thinking 'why should I bother, people will just think I'm greedy anyway'.

I just wish that people would try to relax and remember that it's only a month and a half out, and that there are generous people out there.

Edited by kerrikins

i have seven

most are higher gen though. 3+

I see you got a gold Shimmer! The gold x ribbon dancer looks good.

Im on a list for someone who is just gifting shimmers. I think the reason they arent mentioned here is so that they dont get swamped with more pms then they can handle. The list Im on is long so its probably going to be a few months before I see my shimmer from this kind and generous person.

i knowww. it's so pretty. not a fan of holiday mates, especially since they aren't giving fails. but it's my first gold.

I agree. Both the colors and the sprites compliment each other.

Guys...

I know that all of you want a shimmer. Hey, *I* want a shimmer. I think they're gorgeous and I'd love the gifting/lottoing/trading opportunities.

But some of the reactions I see here.. You realise how frustrating, disappointing and hurtful they can be for the people who have shimmers?

I happen to know multiple shimmer owners, and more than a few of them have voiced the frustration and disappointment that they feel simply for owning a shimmer. They're also under tremendous pressure in terms of how they're handling the shimmers that they have. Some people seem to think that people who trade for shimmers should be content with only one, never mind that often people who have lower gens or multiples *want* them so that they don't have lists that go on for eons and can do impulsive gifting or lottos, etc.

DC has always had a certain balance in terms of rarer eggs and commons. Some people are good at catching/trading for them, others aren't. *All* games have this kind of balance - you can't have everyone be amazing at it! I'm always perplexed by the fact that people seem to think that those who are really good at this game should alter their behaviour or abstain from playing because it's 'not fair' otherwise. That's not how games work....

There are some generous people who are gifting shimmers, yet I see not a mention of them on this thread. I don't see many comments of how wonderful it is that people are doing that even though there's such high demand right now and people can and will pay multiple cb metals for offspring.

I just hope people realise that there are some owners (in general) who are at the point of not even wanting to breed or gift their shimmers anymore, because people are making assumptions and snide comments about them out in the open without realising that this has a negative effect. People shouldn't have to feel *guilty* about owning dragons. They shouldn't be thinking 'why should I bother, people will just think I'm greedy anyway'.

I just wish that people would try to relax and remember that it's only a month and a half out, and that there are generous people out there.

This, totally this.

I see people's frustration, I really do. I felt the same back with Tinsels. But I didn't moan about it, or keep posting just how much I really really really really wanted one. I just waited until prices went down, and I was rather happy with my first Tinsel - something like a 10th gen one from the Tinsel Gifting thread. That was over half a year since the Tinsels came out that I got my first one. Just be patient.

This, totally this.

I see people's frustration, I really do. I felt the same back with Tinsels. But I didn't moan about it, or keep posting just how much I really really really really wanted one. I just waited until prices went down, and I was rather happy with my first Tinsel - something like a 10th gen one from the Tinsel Gifting thread. That was over half a year since the Tinsels came out that I got my first one. Just be patient.

Moan. rolleyes.gif

It's in human nature to crave what others have.

If you were satisfied with how long it took to get your Tinsel, you're rather lucky. I wish I could be content like that.

@ kerrikins: I've voiced similar concerns before, but truth be told the worst have stopped for a while now. It's more a sort of passive-aggressive near-harassment nowadays, which isn't really reportable. Best thing people can do is write down the names somewhere and not trade with them or something.

@ Wolfsong: I'm generally not a fan of holiday lines either since I can't continue them, but man, I can really see why you took that ribbon dancer one.

Has anyone asked you for a Silas x valentine's day pairing? Because I may need to stalk someone for that. x:

I personally don't give a damn what people think of me for owning Shimmers and what I've chosen to do with them. But again, I am not as easy to bother as most people and am a master of not caring.

I personally don't give a damn what people think of me for owning Shimmers and what I've chosen to do with them. But again, I am not as easy to bother as most people and am a master of not caring.

Even when you don't give a damn, though, the constant influx of comments/criticisms can get to someone eventually, especially with something as controversial as Shimmers on the forums right now. And some people do get the worse end of it than others.

Even when you don't give a damn, though, the constant influx of comments/criticisms can get to someone eventually, especially with something as controversial as Shimmers on the forums right now. And some people do get the worse end of it than others.

That can work both ways, though. wink.gif

I do understand that. I was just giving my personal opinion on the matter and how I feel about people and their comments. My thing is that I've dealt with being threatened and harassed in general (way beyond DC) for a good chunk of my life that I've purely just stopped caring.

Believe me, I feel very sorry for the people who cannot take what is being done to them. I just hope that those people one day manage to get better after what happened to them.

That can work both ways, though.  wink.gif

Usually in response to said comments, though. And I've yet to see Shimmer owners criticizing en masse to those without; if anything, we've been trying to offer tips on trading and stating the logical obvious - which is that new, rare dragons will command insane prices because they're hard to get this early in the game.

@ Wymsy: Indeed, I'm just coming to that point myself of not caring. More from watching, though, than personal comments being directed at me. I've been lucky myself in that people have been exceptionally polite with me.

Moan. :rolleyes:

It's in human nature to crave what others have.

If you were satisfied with how long it took to get your Tinsel, you're rather lucky. I wish I could be content like that.

*sigh* I wasn't satisfied by any means, but I didn't want to annoy people by moaning in threads or PMing them begging for Tinsels. So I didn't. It took me months to get a tinsel, it took me years to even get a Metal when I joined DC. A lot of people want things instantly these days. Of course, there's probably a lot of people out there waiting patiently until Shimmer prices go down, and I applaud them. o3o