sparkle10184

Prize Dragon Disscussion Thread

And I think it's rather silly for Shimmer owners to not even want to breed much because of vocal Shimmerless Dragon Cavers. If anything, that makes people whine even more, because that means fewer Shimmers to get the circulation going well. So if the Shimmer owners aren't really happy about people longing for their lovely Dragons, well, they aren't really helping either.

They're not obligated to spread their line around, though. Realistically they can breed and keep all the eggs on their scroll if they wish and that's just fine. And if shimmer owners find that other people seem to just be judging them and calling them greedy, well... Can you really blame them if they don't feel the burning desire to try and help?

Tbh I don't really have a problem with the posts that say 'oh I really want one'. What concerns me are the veiled comments about how some people have ~so many~ and the exclamations that it's not fair, etc.

That said, I love the pretty lineages coming out <3 I'm really looking forward to owning some gorgeous silvers.

They're not obligated to spread their line around, though. Realistically they can breed and keep all the eggs on their scroll if they wish and that's just fine. And if shimmer owners find that other people seem to just be judging them and calling them greedy, well... Can you really blame them if they don't feel the burning desire to try and help?

It's just that less Shimmers=less people who will receive them=more people upset that they don't have one.

It's adding fuel to the fire... sort of.

and that is /gorgeous/ nox...no complaints <33

There had better not be, I really only caught that egg just to breed a Shimmer x Ridgewing for you. >:L!!! (<3)

You are the queen of Ridgewings all up in this thread. Ridgequeen. Queedgewing. Or something.

The bolded part is really how I feel about threads like these and, have you seen the "CB Metals Everywhere" thread? I suggest you avoid it because all it is is people whining, indirectly and directly, about how they missed metallics. It's depressing.

This thread is almost the same, only, there is less of whining than the metallic thread. The only reason these threads are useful is for me to get a general breadth of how many dragons are here and how are the shimmers doing, because I'm interested in them.

What's incredibly irksome is people whining, when... why are you whining? You didn't lose anything. Posting about your frustrations... I think it only makes other people frustrated and annoyed, too - it's spreading this ill sentiment around.

Solution: I think one of the best things to do is to just avoid these types of threads, but there's the downside that you won't be in "on the loop." So, there isn't really a good solution at all.

I actually like CB metals one. I can see if their numbers are up or down, and it's nice to went the frustration for a bit. And sometimes, it gets fun.

The main difference for me, is that there we whine about the cave and our own poor reflexes. We can't blame somebody else, and cave doesn't have feelings. And if somebody attacks (and I mean really attack, not jokes around like we do with Forty) that person usually gets sorted out. From the other side, whining about Shimmer is passive aggressive way of putting tension on the Shimmer owners.

I don't see whining as inherently bad, since all of us are bound to do it at some point. As long as it doesn't hurt other people, sure feel free to cry.

And I think it's rather silly for Shimmer owners to not even want to breed much because of vocal Shimmerless Dragon Cavers. If anything, that makes people whine even more, because that means fewer Shimmers to get the circulation going well. So if the Shimmer owners aren't really happy about people longing for their lovely Dragons, well, they aren't really helping either.

You're kidding, right?

In my case, why would I want to share MY shimmer's offspring around if all people do is whine about how WE, the *people who own shimmers* are awful people. Why would I want to breed for people who can't respect me

Do people really think I'm going to go along with people's whining that I find irritating? Because I totally aren't. If anything, it makes me happier it annoys those people further.

Solution: I think one of the best things to do is to just avoid these types of threads, but there's the downside that you won't be in "on the loop." So, there isn't really a good solution at all.

That's exactly how I feel. I like a lot of the people who post in this thread and their Shimmer projects. Plus, I've gotten lucky thanks to this thread here and people have PM'd me about eggs I want in exchange for Shimmers because which saved me the hassle of using the trade threads.

@ Linda: Lol, I'm just a picky grumpy old fart and Wolfsong's like... the total opposite of me. How can I not be nice to her? :P

@ Maggie: That would sort of be the point, though, if people withhold their Shimmers from going into circulation. They don't want to help if people are rude to them.

Edited by Noxion

You're kidding, right?

In my case, why would I want to share MY shimmer's offspring around if all people do is whine about how WE, the *people who own shimmers* are awful people. Why would I want to breed for people who can't respect me

Do people really think I'm going to go along with people's whining that I find irritating? Because I totally aren't. If anything, it makes me happier it annoys those people further.

I'm with FortyTwo. If I had a CB Shimmer, I'd be more likely to gift my Shimmers to people who weren't whining. I'd be looking for people raising caveblockers for them in one of the numerous threads we have here or someone I'd seen being helpful/gifting. A line in their signature/wishlist, sure, but people whining in threads like this would probably find themselves in my no gifting zone.

That's all personal preference, though, and the main reason I haven't posted here before this. xP I never have anything to add to the conversation aside from "wahhh, I want one" and I keep that to myself so I don't come off as obnoxious. :x

Buuut I am kinda hoping the Shimmers will make my Tinselfail obsession a little cheaper if nothing else. /wishful thinking

Edited by Chanilove

Hmm, so, I'm trying to figure out how to make this lineage work. I want to do a seasonal shimmer checkerish lineage, with CB's/2nd gens like so:

Male silver shimmer x female spring = male silver shimmer

Male silver shimmer x female summer = female summer

Male silver shimmer x female autumn = male silver shimmer

Male silver shimmer x female winter = female winter

(Why? Because I feel like it and I apparently like stupidly hard projects.)

I actually have the silver shimmer places; I need the shimmerkins. It might be easier to complete if I go for shimmerkin from bronze instead (since there are more of them). Any thoughts? It'd probably destroy the symmetry, I guess.

@ Linda: Lol, I'm just a picky grumpy old fart and Wolfsong's like... the total opposite of me. How can I not be nice to her? tongue.gif

rofl!! you dont seem all that grumpy to me xd.png but i know wolfsongs nice ive talked to her a little bit myself

FortyTwo said a lot of what I was thinking. Yeah, it's human nature for people to want what they can't have and to whine about it... But it's also human nature for people to dislike that sort of thing and react to it. It's like when I was a kid and my grandmother nagged me to do things - the more she nagged, the less I wanted to do it.

Idk. I'm not trying to set off further ill will and frustration, I'm just saying that maybe those of us without shimmers should sit back, enjoy seeing the pretty lineages, pm people to see what chances we have, and try and refrain from the comments about how many people have, whether it's fair or not, etc.

I think so far my favourite lineage that I've seen is silver x frill <3 I hope to get one of those eventually.

have you seen the "CB Metals Everywhere" thread? I suggest you avoid it because all it is is people whining, indirectly and directly, about how they missed metallics. It's depressing.

I pretty much stopped posting there everytime I picked up a CB Metal, or at the least downplayed my success because I started feeling so bad about posting my success amidst all the posts from folks who were having no success.

Also Grox - I saw your coded Balloon egg back there. I'm reasonably certain that you're building the first code-based Shimmer lineage. :P

I do hope so. I am kind of obsessed with codes. :P (watch the pair refuse now, >.>)

Lol I leave for a few hours to take a nap when my coughing finally dies to try and get some much needed sleep. (Thanks to my stupid pneumonia I've only slept about 8 hours in 24) and I come back to you guys making fun of me. unsure.gif

Kinda hurts guys. I don't see why I am crucified for simply speaking my mind. Now I know how 42 feels with all the whining that he has tons of shimmers. I understand that some of you guys are frustrated but I got my shimmer only because Wolfsong is a good friend of mine. We met on a roleplay site that I admin and have been friends for years now. (Might be roomates here as well in a few months)

So I got my shimmer solely because she is INSANELY generous and a sweet person. If not for her I would be in the same place you are all. I would not have one at ALL. I'm sorry me having my 2nd gen upsets you all so much but I don't think I deserve the comments. Maybe I'm a bit oversensitive because I feel like I am dying but I don't appreciate the comments about something that was gifted to me because we happen to have a friendship.

-Hugs Elias and curls up in her feverish blanket of doom-

(Yes now I am being a brat sorry)

Btw I think silver shimmer x Arisani is really pretty. I kinda wish I could do gold shimmer x alt sweetling. That's super pretty. Sadly I don't have an alt sweetling to continue the line even if I managed to find someone with a gold shimmer that had an alt sweetling xd.png

I think so far my favourite lineage that I've seen is silver x frill <3 I hope to get one of those eventually.

Oooooh, that sounds so pretty! I'm always torn over Frill lineages because I can't continue them... but the Frill is so gorgeously green that it's worth having just to look at!

I like Gold x Lumina and Silver x Horse... not sure what else... I'll have to go look at some more to make up my mind! I bet the Silver would look nice with a variety of blue dragons, though.

Hmm, so, I'm trying to figure out how to make this lineage work. I want to do a seasonal shimmer checkerish lineage, with CB's/2nd gens like so:

Male silver shimmer x female spring = male silver shimmer

Male silver shimmer x female summer = female summer

Male silver shimmer x female autumn = male silver shimmer

Male silver shimmer x female winter = female winter

(Why? Because I feel like it and I apparently like stupidly hard projects.)

I actually have the silver shimmer places; I need the shimmerkins. It might be easier to complete if I go for shimmerkin from bronze instead (since there are more of them). Any thoughts? It'd probably destroy the symmetry, I guess.

Oooh, a seasonal Shimmer lineage... Is this an EG thing or a Stairstep thing? I'm having trouble visualizing what you have in mind.

@ Linda: It's there. You just don't see it yet. >:L

@ Grox: Or watch the egg turn female. >_> HAHA we just jinxed ourselves.

I'm with FortyTwo. If I had a CB Shimmer, I'd be more likely to gift my Shimmers to people who weren't whining. I'd be looking for people raising caveblockers for them in one of the numerous threads we have here or someone I'd seen being helpful/gifting. A line in their signature/wishlist, sure, but people whining in threads like this would probably find themselves in my no gifting zone.

That's all personal preference, though, and the main reason I haven't posted here before this. xP I never have anything to add to the conversation aside from "wahhh, I want one" and I keep that to myself so I don't come off as obnoxious. :x

Buuut I am kinda hoping the Shimmers will make my Tinselfail obsession a little cheaper if nothing else. /wishful thinking

In case you check back here I can breed a sibling to this for you if you like Tinselfails <3

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ueNNY

They gave me no egg this week but that doesn't mean they won't next week ;3 Just in case you check back. Pm me if you want one.

Also I think the gendered hatchling shimmers are adorable <3!

Oooh, a seasonal Shimmer lineage... Is this an EG thing or a Stairstep thing? I'm having trouble visualizing what you have in mind.

@ Linda: It's there. You just don't see it yet. >:L

@ Grox: Or watch the egg turn female. >_> HAHA we just jinxed ourselves.

Since it's supposed to be a checker, I would guess it's an even gen biggrin.gif

But it's hard to do. I don't know of any winners with male Silvers that still have their list open. I'd guess that you would have to hit trading threads. Or, you can go through profiles of owners and see if they have open lists. If they don't mention anything about it in their profile, it's worth a try.

Since it's supposed to be a checker, I would guess it's an even gen biggrin.gif

But it's hard to do. I don't know of any winners with male Silvers that still have their list open. I'd guess that you would have to hit trading threads. Or, you can go through profiles of owners and see if they have open lists. If they don't mention anything about it in their profile, it's worth a try.

Likely so, but I'm so, so bad at visualizing things in my head that I had to ask. >_>

I also don't think I've seen that many proposed Shimmer x Seasonal pairings, either. Hm.

Likely so, but I'm so, so bad at visualizing things in my head that I had to ask. >_>

I also don't think I've seen that many proposed Shimmer x Seasonal pairings, either. Hm.

Yeah, I'm probably not going to be able to finish it for at least a year. It's almost spring; I won't get a winter before the season changes. Which is fine, I can be patient. smile.gif

Yeah, it'll be even gen. I'm also doing a shimmer-fringed rainbow even gen in (hopefully) both silver and bronze.

You're kidding, right?

Well then, I guess you shouldn't get too upset about the whining, then.

And I'm sorry if you've been called an awful person, now that's taking it too far.

That last line was a bit rude... unsure.gif

ANYWAY,

Yeah, it'll be even gen. I'm also doing a shimmer-fringed rainbow even gen in (hopefully) both silver and bronze.

That sounds really neat! ^.^