TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

I believe highest level had the option of taking their 1st place dragons, or getting any CB released dragon they wished. (And in doing that, someone from a lower tier could take their place for the 1st place dragons)

But first place couldn't decide they wanted, say 2nd or 3rd place? I know none of them would, but say for example if one of last year's first place winners knew they liked silver tins better than gold tins or something?

Edited by TheGrox

Who knows, though I'll know when the DA group updates it. Until then I'm doing Magistream and Tale of dragon (just need to get Godith to hatch then them mature. They're all lovely!)

I'm glad I'm not, I just would ignore it but there really shouldn't be any stresses on the new dragons, they can't produce that fast and the winners have better things to do then get dogged for breeding.

But think of it, there'll be a new dragon soon enough. The 2013 valentine dragon, so why worry about this hidden one if there's one we all can look forward to next month which is coming up faster than we know it?

I'm worried now. I haven't had internet access for a bit and had no idea they were sending out an email. I thought the dragons would just be like uploaded to our scroll if we won. The email I used isn't valid anymore(I got locked out), so I changed it today. Now I'm worried that I might have been chosen and are one of the ones who didn't respond.

God this is worrying.

I'm worried now. I haven't had internet access for a bit and had no idea they were sending out an email. I thought the dragons would just be like uploaded to our scroll if we won. The email I used isn't valid anymore(I got locked out), so I changed it today. Now I'm worried that I might have been chosen and are one of the ones who didn't respond.

God this is worrying.

You can check http://dragcave.net/holidays12-raffle to see if you were a winner. ^^

Why does no one have any patience?

We should just be thankful that a few lucky ones are getting never before seen dragons. After all the work that was put into the entire holiday event, is it really going to kill you if it takes a few more weeks for the prize dragons to be released? Relax already.

Edited by DeathCry

*shrug* don't care unless a new dragon is released. I just did the cooking because I wanted to since it was fun (and frustrating) and I am proud of my plain, undecorated house (the thing was glitched by my computer).

But first place couldn't decide they wanted, say 2nd or 3rd place? I know none of them would, but say for example if one of last year's first place winners knew they liked silver tins better than gold tins or something?

That would constitute being "bumped down" the list, but the option was ONLY "I am willing to accept a higher-place prize dragon". Like a check-box, yes or no. You don't get the option of a lower-place prize, only a prize or a custom CB.

Well, I could understand wanting to be bumped down if you knew what the dragon was going to look like, but with no information? Rarer = better, right? (Unless you have your heart set on a particular HM dragon.)

Well, I could understand wanting to be bumped down if you knew what the dragon was going to look like, but with no information? Rarer = better, right? (Unless you have your heart set on a particular HM dragon.)

Yeah, but wanting to be bumped down would completely destroy the concept of being chosen as a First/Second/Third place winner. That would mean it was just a total free-for-all as 100 people are told "just pick whichever one you want". Then how would you possibly restrict the winnings to 10 first, 20 second and 30 third? You'd have fights, people wanting whatever prize they want, too many people wanting ____ and not enough wanting ____ and you either do it First come/first served or you do ANOTHER raffle to force them into a prize....

and then you're back where you started, aren't you?

Well, theoretically none of the prize winners who wanted HMs would get moved down unless one of the HMs wanted to move up. It's pretty simple actually. And it's really unlikely that a prize winner will want to move down and very likely that an HM wants to move up.

Yeah, but wanting to be bumped down would completely destroy the concept of being chosen as a First/Second/Third place winner. That would mean it was just a total free-for-all as 100 people are told "just pick whichever one you want". Then how would you possibly restrict the winnings to 10 first, 20 second and 30 third? You'd have fights, people wanting whatever prize they want, too many people wanting ____ and not enough wanting ____ and you either do it First come/first served or you do ANOTHER raffle to force them into a prize....

and then you're back where you started, aren't you?

But... prize winners can move down into "HM territory".

The way it works is that any prize winner can cede their place as a prize winner. Others may request auto-promotion if that happens. You can't take a 1st place prize away from someone else, but if they release it, then a 2nd prize can become a 1st prize or (if there are no other prize winners who elected to move up) an HM can move to be a prize winner.

What I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense at all right now for a 2nd prize winner to decide to take a 3rd prize instead, because there's no criterion they can base their decision upon which would make 3rd prize more appealing than 2nd. With the tinsels, a 2nd prize winner could have theoretically said "man, I don't like silver, I'd prefer bronze", and that would be a rational decision. But honestly, 1st prize could be black, 2nd grey, and 3rd white for all we know.

Why does no one have any patience?

We should just be thankful that a few lucky ones are getting never before seen dragons. After all the work that was put into the entire holiday event, is it really going to kill you if it takes a few more weeks for the prize dragons to be released? Relax already.

Actually, MOST people do have the patience to wait. It is only the ones expressing im-patience that are posting and antsy about the Raffle dragons not being shown yet and they are in the minority...

i just wonder, those that won the old ones. how did they keep their prize dragons from dying when growing them. they'd be bombed with views even if they were on one site. LOL

If I'm not mistaken entirely, the prize dragons are granted immunity to sickness while growing.

That would constitute being "bumped down" the list, but the option was ONLY "I am willing to accept a higher-place prize dragon". Like a check-box, yes or no. You don't get the option of a lower-place prize, only a prize or a custom CB.

I don't know if they are traidable but if so, they could simply offer it, I mean a gold winner could offer his egg to a silver/bronze winner???

I don't know if they are traidable but if so, they could simply offer it, I mean a gold winner could offer his egg to a silver/bronze winner???

I'm almost certain they are tradeable, so theoretically it's possible. i think they behave like any other egg (except the GoN) with the exception that they can't be killed by over-viewing.

Hopefully we will get another official update soon. Looks like TJ has been making posts about every 4 days.