TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

All I can hope for, is they are NOT metals, or classified as metals. I'm on a list for a 2nd gen second place, and my metals have not given me metals in a year. I want to be able to breed mine for give aways. So, please, no metals. They don't like me.

All I can hope for, is they are NOT metals, or classified as metals. I'm on a list for a 2nd gen second place, and my metals have not given me metals in a year. I want to be able to breed mine for give aways. So, please, no metals. They don't like me.

They are a new breed. No matter how rare they are MEANT to be, they will breed extremely well at the start, just like tinsels. Tinsels are classed as metals by most, and by their description and should probably breed like rares or uncommons (and they have been doing recently), but it took a couple of years for the ratios to even out.

Edited by TheGrox

They are a new breed. No matter how rare they are MEANT to be, they will breed extremely well at the start, just like tinsels. Tinsels are classed as metals and should breed like them (and they have been doing recently), but it took a couple of years for the ratios to even out.

Many users group the current prizes as metallics, but for me metals and prizes have always been very different entities. It's more a matter of opinion than anything. I prefer not to call prizes true metals cause in a lot of cases they do breed more easily. Even if they did have a recent dry period it wasn't nearly as long as some metal dry periods have been. They simply haven't been around long enough to know if they'll ever get to the place where they're only breeding once or twice a year. The sheer differences between the number of original parents and the fact you can get true metallics in the cave is another reason they're completely different.

So, decide for yourself whether to group them as true metals/rares. It's more how you look at it than anything official.

To me, the tinsels are metals simply because they have the same description. xd.png

Tinsels are classed as metals and should breed like them (and they have been doing recently), but it took a couple of years for the ratios to even out.

Where has this ever been stated? I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm honestly curious. I was always under the impression that only the CB tinsels were what was classified as rare. But they were supposed to breed like uncommons. I didn't think that the "boom" was a "boom" or ratios evening out, because even uncommons were pretty common during that "boom". I thought that was how everything but the CB's were supposed to be. I never heard this from TJ himself, but a forum member. So I'm honestly curious as to the bottom line on the tinsels/prizes.

(Sorry if this makes no sense, my new meds are making me loopy and it's hard to round up smarts.)

Edited by ThatDeadGirl

Where has this ever been stated? I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm honestly curious. I was always under the impression that only the CB tinsels were what was classified as rare. But they were supposed to breed like uncommons. I didn't think that the "boom" was a "boom" or ratios evening out, because even uncommons were pretty common during that "boom". I thought that was how everything but the CB's were supposed to be. I never heard this from TJ himself, but a forum member. So I'm honestly curious as to the bottom line on the tinsels/prizes.

(Sorry if this makes no sense, my new meds are making me loopy and it's hard to round up smarts.)

There are no such thing as official groupings. The rare/uncommon/common thing is a purely user created system. Since we can't, and won't, ever see the ratios it'll never be anything official smile.gif There has never been any official statement of this sort that I am aware of.

Edited by Walker

^^ Okay, so I am assuming they should breed like rares, or at the very least uncommons. You know what I'm getting at, even if I didn't word it brilliantly. Whatever they're meant to breed like, uncommon, common or rare, they WILL breed well at the beginning, that's my point. I'm certain of that. (Unless they're unbreedable prizes this year xd.png)

I thought I heard something once that tinsels were meant to breed like rares, but I could be wrong - I don't remember where xd.png.

Edited by TheGrox

So has anyone heard when these new prizes will show up?

-Sorry to the mod who had to remove that.-

Thanks to the other users who suggested hiding a scroll to help eggs survive. I wish I knew that when users killed my Rosebuds two years ago. TJ is a great guy and wouldn't let prize dragons die.

Edited by Nakase

So has anyone heard when these new prizes will show up?

-Sorry to the mod who had to remove that.-

Thanks to the other users who suggested hiding a scroll to help eggs survive. I wish I knew that when users killed my Rosebuds two years ago. TJ is a great guy and wouldn't let prize dragons die.

Has been no update in aprox 10 days or so since re-draws were done for the aprox 37 unclaimed prizes. (The first page has info and updates when they're added). smile.gif

Well, it's only three weeks until Valentines (more or less) so we should find out soon.... Yes?

lol

Well, it's only three weeks until Valentines (more or less) so we should find out soon.... Yes?

lol

I can't believe how fast time is flying

lol

Oh my god. ._.

2013, ARE YOU ON FAST FORWARD OR SOMETHING? I literally forgot my birthday this year until my friends brought it up to ask what I planned on doing. And my mind had been completely blown since I didn't realise how much time had passed since '12. OTL

Still waiting to see the babies, I see. Second round winners still haven't all claimed? :P

Does anyone know how many of the new prize dragons are being awarded?

10 - 1st place

20 - 2nd place

30 - 3rd place

40 - HM

100 Total smile.gif

Well 60 new prize dragons, since the other 40 are HMs xd.png

Edited by LaHaine

I don't know if this has already been answered, and I don't really want to go through 80 pages to find out, but nobody knows what the prize dragon is except for TJ right? Not even the spriter knows. What I'm curious about, is if the spriter will get the dragon too because well, they sprited it. If I sprited a prize dragon, I'd like to have a CB one on my scroll. I'm just wondering if that would happen

I don't know if this has already been answered, and I don't really want to go through 80 pages to find out, but nobody knows what the prize dragon is except for TJ right? Not even the spriter knows. What I'm curious about, is if the spriter will get the dragon too because well, they sprited it. If I sprited a prize dragon, I'd like to have a CB one on my scroll. I'm just wondering if that would happen

Marrionetta received a pink tinsel, so it's likely spriter/s will get their own spriter alt for this, yes.

how many people do we think haven't claimed this time round, then? and can we assume that since it's been 10 days since the re-draw, that reminders have been sent out too but not announced?

Well, just over a third of winners didn't claim last time round (37 out of 100), so maybe we can assume a similar proportion this time? Maybe, say for example, 12 haven't been claimed this time?

That's the best estimate I can make. ^^

Edited by TheGrox

Someone post there scroll?

The eggs have still not been given out.

Well, just over a third of winners didn't claim last time round (37 out of 100), so maybe we can assume a similar proportion this time? Maybe, say for example, 12 haven't been claimed this time?

That's the best estimate I can make. ^^

and on top of that all we can really do is wait patiently for an update.

For those wanting to know what's going on please go to the first page and read TJ's post, he adds updates when he announces them. smile.gif

Edited by Erithan