TJ09

2013-01-08 - Raffle Update

QUOTE (siliconrose @ Jan 23 2013, 08:00 PM)

Oh, they would be. There's a beautiful lineage out there which is 100% PB after the first gen (and not a deadline)...

-----------------------------------------------------------

http://dragcave.net/lineage/TWhvG

wink.gif

I don't see how a lineage can be considered PB when there are so many mixes in the 1st gen... Regardless of how true the Tinsels are breeding now, they still were mixed at the start and could (theoretically) breed back to a mixed breed at any time, right...?

curious note...

siliconrose's quote is timed later than whitebaron's post...

Edited by Husky51

Is it just me, or do you guys feel like we're on a game show where they constantly cut to commercial before announcing the winners.... and it's been like that for weeks?

I hate suspense. :\

I hate commercials xd.png

Though I do wish we'd get an update on the status of things, if TJ got all the replies back or not, if they'll be redraws etc, been a decent amount of time for people to respond at this point.

Though if he's busy it's understandable we haven't heard anything yet.

edit: for a few horrible not quite awake blurry eyed typos. xd.png

Edited by Erithan

Something to do with timezones, I think. When whitebaron quoted siliconrose, we see the time that siliconrose posted in whitebaron's timezone. But then you see when whitebaron posted in your timezone... It's all confusing, gah.

Anyway, that lineage is the closest you can get to PB Tinsels, without deadlining them that is.

And an update from TJ would be nice, but he's probably busy.

I don't see how a lineage can be considered PB when there are so many mixes in the 1st gen... Regardless of how true the Tinsels are breeding now, they still were mixed at the start and could (theoretically) breed back to a mixed breed at any time, right...?

curious note...

No, there's no genetics in dragcave dragons.

If you breed a white with a red, you'll get a white and a red, no matter that it's mostly vines in the lineage.

If you breed a deep sea with a skywing you'll get either a deep sea, a skywing, or a shallow water (hybrid breed).

If you breed two ultraviolets together you'll only get ultraviolets or spitfires.

If you breed two stones together you'll only get geodes or stones.

If you breed two golds together you will only get golds.

The rest of the lineage doesn't matter as far as offspring are concerned, only the parents. It doesn't matter what other breed is in the lineage.

That said, in this case no, that's not a purebred because of the mixed CB's, but it's mostly purebred, and as long as it's tinsel x tinsel you will only get a tinsel.

I spotted Tinsels in the AP yesterday. Unfortunately I'd reached my egg limit and couldn't take them sad.gif

Now that the forum has been upgraded and it runs smoothly again, maybe TJ will announce something about the raffle.

I honestly believe that the upgrade was more important than the raffle... if the forum didn't work, where would he announce it?

About the PB prize dragons (Tinsel or other): Imagine someone actually managing to trade for another prize dragon... and then they both gender the same or refuse each other xd.png That would be the worst possible reward for all that luck and trading effort wink.gif (not that I wish such a fate on anybody oO)

My guess is it will take another 3 weeks till the eggs are released wink.gif (just random guess)

No, there's no genetics in dragcave dragons.

If you breed a white with a red, you'll get a white and a red, no matter that it's mostly vines in the lineage.

If you breed a deep sea with a skywing you'll get either a deep sea, a skywing, or a shallow water (hybrid breed).

If you breed two ultraviolets together you'll only get ultraviolets or spitfires.

If you breed two stones together you'll only get geodes or stones.

If you breed two golds together you will only get golds.

The rest of the lineage doesn't matter as far as offspring are concerned, only the parents. It doesn't matter what other breed is in the lineage.

That said, in this case no, that's not a purebred because of the mixed CB's, but it's mostly purebred, and as long as it's tinsel x tinsel you will only get a tinsel.

Thanks for the info... As I usually don't care about where my Dragon eggs come from (lineage, etc) I don't generally follow the 2nd gen, 3rd gen, PB thing, but felt I had to ask in this case...

What do the new prize dragons look like?

I don't think they've been given out yet. sad.gif

Is it just me, or do you guys feel like we're on a game show where they constantly cut to commercial before announcing the winners.... and it's been like that for weeks?

I hate suspense. :\

This is like, the Frieza saga of DBZ.

FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER, a bit of fighting but mostly talking FILLER FILLER FILLER...

MORE FILLER!

OH LOOK, FRIEZA IS FINALLY DEAD!

I wouldn't mind having an offspring of the prize dragons, but i'm certianly not going to hold my breath. Congrats to those who won though

Come on, TJ! Move your arse already and show us the new dragons!

Just kidding! smile.gif

I am ready to see them though. lol It feels like ages since winners were announced.

I hope people realize we will not be "shown" the dragons at all. We will have to wait for the players' eggs to hatch to see them. There will be an update when the eggs get sent out. If not you'll probably know by all the people shouting across the internet with joy.

Maybe TJ will surprise us and release Tinsels as a rare in-cave drop on their tenth anniversary or something xd.png

Stop.

well maybe the 100th anniversary where I'll be the admin and take over Dragon Cave. heh.

All of the raffle winners have been selected and contacted via e-mail. The e-mail contains instructions for selecting a prize, and links to a listing of what prizes may be chosen.

If you do not receive an e-mail, make sure the address associated with your account is correct; e-mails will be resent to those who do not select a prize in a few days.

If the e-mail sent to your site e-mail address bounces, a new winner will be selected.

UPDATE:

All users who have not yet selected a prize have been sent a reminder e-mail. Users who do not choose a prize by 1/15 will lose the opportunity to choose a prize, and new winners will be drawn. Users who selected the option to accept a higher prize dragon may be bumped up as necessary.

UPDATE 2:

The new prize winners have been drawn, and notifications have been sent out. Congratulations to the new winners!

Reminder:

Members please stay on topic.

Sometimes it is hard to accurately stay explicitly 'on topic', _Z_...

We are excited about the new prize Dragons and and while talking about them, might slip off and add things that we think, at the time, are related to the topic, but in looking back at it later, see where we drifted off...

I'm sure, that for most of us, if we err, we don't purposely do so...

Thanks for the HEADS UP...

I think we sometimes need these reminders...

biggrin.gif

I hope people realize we will not be "shown" the dragons at all. We will have to wait for the players' eggs to hatch to see them. There will be an update when the eggs get sent out. If not you'll probably know by all the people shouting across the internet with joy.

I'm okay if it's not the dragons yet, I'm ready to see the eggs! xd.png

I'm okay if it's not the dragons yet, I'm ready to see the eggs! xd.png

Exactly! This morning was the third time that I had a dream the egg was on my scroll already. Each time it has happened my eyes shoot open and I quickly grab my iPod to check if it's there... Hopefully, one of these times my dreams will be correct. xd.png

Exactly! This morning was the third time that I had a dream the egg was on my scroll already. Each time it has happened my eyes shoot open and I quickly grab my iPod to check if it's there... Hopefully, one of these times my dreams will be correct. xd.png

That's got to be a weird feeling, but one of these days they definitely will. ^^

Pie raffle is a lie.

As for me - i don't care anymore, about prizes or not, holidays are over, it's time to work again.

I'm just curious as to progress on things, see how many people responded this time etc. Assuming more as it's been almost 10 days which was more then the initial prize winners had to respond. Guess we'll see.

I'm just curious as to progress on things, see how many people responded this time etc. Assuming more as it's been almost 10 days which was more then the initial prize winners had to respond. Guess we'll see.

When was the prizes revealed last year?

When was the prizes revealed last year?

Well, I checked the page of on of the '12 tinsels

Their egg was "stolen" on January 22nd '12. I believe, though, the raffle drawing was announced on the first. A week earlier then this time (It was announced on January 8th).

So, if it happens within the same relative time frame, it'll probably be another week before the prizes are given to winners.

Then again, last year only 8 new winners were redrawn. We had a 37 this year, so it might take longer.