7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I think its a good amount, don't get me wrong, and I'm happy wih everything. I can't wait to play. I just hoped we'd have more haha. Either way I'm super excited for this game <3

I keepd ebating on whether ot get Fennekin or not. I do not like the last evolution, but I love the first two...XC I dont know what to do aha

Personally, I'm going with Froakie, fff. That last evolution is amazing. Fennekin has a pretty good set, too! You could always trade for all three. o: I do that on every game since they introduced online trading.

Don't forget that you get the starter weak to your starter post Elite Four.

Basically.

Chose fennekin, get chespin

Chose chespin, get froakie

Chose froakie, get fennekin

So you really only have to trade for one starter.

Ohhh I'm going with Fennekin definitely. Loooove Delphox. ohmy.gif

Also anyone know if you can get more than one copy of the megastones?

Lady Nightfox I can gladly thank you for that one. You may have just helped out my friend on choosing a starter! smile.gif

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Hope you can deny that, I... really don't want Fennekin, not even for trading or rotting in my boxes |D

And oh man, looks like Shellder's in there. Unnecessarily large amount of Water-Types, here I come c':

Hope you can deny that, I... really don't want Fennekin, not even for trading or rotting in my boxes |D

And oh man, looks like Shellder's in there. Unnecessarily large amount of Water-Types, here I come c':

Oops nvm that was probably towards Lady Nightfox. xd.png Sorry. -lol-

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Yeah, it was |D

Ah like I said my bad. -lol-

Kinda don't want Chespin. May like it more the more I battle with it but so far not impressed. I like Froakie over it.

I'm not a huge fan of chespin, but I need everything, so when pokebank (finally) comes out I can transfer my pokes from gen 5 and complete my pokedex again.

(See, this is why I'm happy we only have 70 new pokemon because completing that pokedex again.....)

Seems like a lot of people are picking froakie so I'll have no real problem getting a hold of that one.

So have you seen that the moth pokemon (name escapes me) has different colors depending on what region you live in (in the real world) (or what you've set the region to be). I think that's a super cool little feature.

EDIT: Yes you don't /have/ to get the second starter. You have to trade for it (you can give any pokemon in return for it) so it's one of those things that if you don't want it you don't have to get it.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I didn't really like Delphox at first, but I'm starting to love her(?). Darn, I'm going to have an impossible time choosing!

I know, Psycho! At first I was like, what the hell. And then I saw the fanart... It looks great!

It's a mage, right?

Reminds me of Skyrim/Dragon Age. The thief, the warrior, and th mage.

Woah, wait, what are you saying, Lady Nightfox? We pick our starter, train it, grow to love it, and then just as we hit the Elite Four, we gotta trade it for the punk that we're weak against?! I don't wanna get Fennekin just so I can have Chespin, that's junk. =( Now I'm sad.

No no no, you get to keep your starter. It'll be an optional trade (after you beat the E4), that you can trade any pokemon for.

Like usually trades will be "give me your geodude and I'll give you my haunter"

But this one is "give me any pokemon and I'll give you chespin"

So you could give them a zubat for the other starter. You could give them a xerneas for the other starter if you were really super crazy.

(sorry I know I've been doing some bad/vague wording but I'm trying not to spoil too much!)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I think I'm going for Chespin I think its Final evolution is Epic! Fennekin and Froakie are cool too!

Don't forget that you get the starter weak to your starter post Elite Four.

Basically.

Chose fennekin, get chespin

Chose chespin, get froakie

Chose froakie, get fennekin

So you really only have to trade for one starter.

I haven't forgotten about that, lmao! I plan on trading for them all because.. well lawl, I'd like to have them all fairly early in the game! x3 Impatient maybe, but I'd like to get the ground rules of handling them before I consider if I want to EV train bred ones for parties or not. In B/W, I completely opted out of EV training the starters because they were lacking what I needed for strategy.

No, they go back after the battle like Meloetta or Castform

Anyone else intend to have like five megas on their team and just not use them all in every battle? (for traveling the region) Though actually, i don't think I'm going to anymore, not for Y, maybe Hoenn remakes.

So far my team, which is subject to change depending on stats, is:

Greninja

Mega Venusaur

Talonflame

Wigglytuff

Aegislash

Aurorus

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Wait Wait Wait Wait,...

Back up.

Banette is said to have risen from an abandoned doll, and hunts the child that abandoned it, right?

I recall something saying that megaevolution is made possible by a perfect connection between trainer and Pokémon.

So why does mega Banette look even more nightmarish rather than healed?

Okay, my team.

Delphfox

Talonflame

Mega Charizard

Pyroar

Noivern

Dragalge

Though I might change Dragalge for Tyrantrum or maybe one of the previous gen pokes.

Now for nicknames... I was actually thinking of nicknaming every one of my Pokemon in the language of the dragons in Skyrim, which is cool, because you can actually name Talonflame "Red Wing Death" in a cool language.

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

I really like the new Pokemon selection so far, honestly! However, a party consisting just of them is a big no for me. x3 I remember being sure that my parties would consist of so many Unova Pokemon but ff, I just couldn't find a good angle to train them in that would support my style.

I definitely need to think outside the game and construct a formidable team consisting of choices from the first to sixth generation. So I can't really say what my team will be, though people are making some pretty promising choices in this thread. n_n

I have to see how each of these new Pokemon handle before I can decide if their stats are built productively, which ones, and what other one of my older Pokemon will support their moveset/stat potential. I still have my good old Pokerus on standby, so once I figure out these things I'll be through training them all in no time!

Edited by Momo

Ultimate Pokemon Team:

Pokemon Y nicknames:

Fennekin/Delphox:

Krein [sun] Nahl [Living] ... Nahlkrein [Living Sun - Male]

Talonflame:

Sahqo [Red] Dinok [Death] ... Saqhodinok [Red Death - Male]

Charizard:

Yol [Fire] Strun [storm] Ven [Wind] ... Yolstrunven [Fire Storm Wind - Male]

Brit [beautiful] Sul [Day] Viing [Wing] ... Britsulviing [beautiful Day Wing - Female]

Pyroar:

Rein [Roar] Rinik [Very] Paar [Ambition] ... Rinikparrein [Very Ambition Roar - as in Very Ambitious Roar - Female]

Noivern:

Ved [black] Ronaaz [Arrow] Mal [Little] ... Malvedronaaz [Little Black Arrow - Male]

Tyrantrum:

Unslaad [Ceaseless] Thur [Tyranny] ... Unslaadthur [Ceaseless Tyranny - Male]

Where's the cries? O_o

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon