7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Rumor (confirmed? Haven't seen total evidence yet) is that Togekiss is now Flying/Fairy.

If so, I'll replace Noivern and Dedenne with Togekiss and Heliolisk

If you guys want you can have my friend code biggrin.gif Just be sure to get me your own so we can actually play together lol. I have no idea when I'm going to get X but I am going to get it at some point.

My friend code: 1289-8744-7066

Hmmmm, Im disappointed that a lot of the new mons all objects, and there are only 69, but Im actually liking a lot of these object mons, and think I might get them.

Even if I don`t like many of the new Pokemon, I still can catch the old and fight with them. I really like the new design. I should get my Pokemon X at the 12.10. I hope Amazon will send it soon. smile.gif

Edited by Shajana

Well there's really only the sword and the key. (I guess the iceberg thing is technically an inanimate object. I think there's a rock thing too). Everything else is fairly organic looking (though the pumpkin pokemon is border-line).

Honedge and it's final evo are awesome though (the middle stage is meh), especially the stats on that final stage and the forme change.

Klefki is cute especially when you realize the keys are actual keys it took and not part of the pokemon.

Overall even though there are less new 'mons I think they did a pretty good job with them. I guess quality won over quantity for once.

I'm curious to all the mega evolutions since obviously not all of them have been found (some of the leakers have found megastones but don't have the pokes to mega-evolve to), but I kind of feel like I want to keep those as a surprise.

And yes, it's great that so many old pokemon will be present (last number I saw was around ~450 pokemon catchable in this game, that's over half of known species!). That way everyone can find a pokemon that they like for a great team.

It also mean there will be a huge variety of teams. I mean, so many combinations; it'll make battling really interesting. Especially now that megas are in play, you never know when someone will whip that out into battle.

(Also, Especially with dual type moves being confirmed )

Mega Aerodactyl? Wat.

GTFO Gamefreak, stop trying to make my fav since 1998 a lame wannabe dragon. Aerodactyl is too awesome to be a dragon or evolve, go mess up your Pikachu and Charizard cash-cows okay thanks.

I preordered X, so it should arrive soon after the 12th.

Most of the new pokemon are unimpressive, but I do like some, especially gogoat and litleo.

I'm planning on choosing froakie as my starter.

And I'm not a huge fan of mega evolutions, especially since you have to re-evolve them for each battle... I'd like it better if it was a permanent evolution. Oh well.

Mega Aerodactyl? Wat.

GTFO Gamefreak, stop trying to make my fav since 1998 a lame wannabe dragon. Aerodactyl is too awesome to be a dragon or evolve, go mess up your Pikachu and Charizard cash-cows okay thanks.

Little harsh don't you think? I happen to like Charizard and Pikachu. :/

also "aerodactyl is too awesome to be a dragon??"

In my opinion things being dragons make them more awesome :'D

i'm not that fond of pikachu but i love charizard ;u; and mega charizard x is my new favorite pokemon ever aaaaaaahh sorry rime i still love you

and it's not like you have to mega-evolve it *shrug*

Edited by Switch

also "aerodactyl is too awesome to be a dragon??"

In my opinion things being dragons make them more awesome :'D

i'm not that fond of pikachu but i love charizard ;u; and mega charizard x is my new favorite pokemon ever aaaaaaahh sorry rime i still love you

and it's not like you have to mega-evolve it *shrug*

Exactly. It is not being forced upon anyone to evolve it yes it will be INVOLVED in the story and otherwise when it is being forced into the story line not a single person would have to use that ability.

Also with Aerodactyl I can kinda see where it shouldn't be dragon and where it should. Just depends on how you view it.

Honestly I don't like mega-aerodactyl's look. It was like, hmmmm what should we do with this. I know, add more spikes and give it eyebrows and a goatee.

It really didn't get the same treatment that the mega charizard(s) got.

Honestly I don't like mega-aerodactyl's look. It was like, hmmmm what should we do with this. I know, add more spikes and give it eyebrows and a goatee.

It really didn't get the same treatment that the mega charizard(s) got.

Maybe (not looking a spoilers. tongue.gif) but still it's not being forced on anyone to use it at all so I don't see why it's being so complained about. It is a option.

Nothing wrong with liking those two! However, there's no denying that they are indeed some of Pokemon's biggest character money makers. Since Mega evolution was quoted as being decided by popularity (among other things), it's no surprise that they and other fan favorites would be getting the spotlight. It's to be expected.

But seeing them take a shot at Aerodactyl was a bit of a surprise to me, even if he's been pretty good in the competitive gaming circle and isn't completely unpopular. Plus he's one of my favorite pokeymans, I can whine about it all I want to =P The mere concept of a bigger, better 'mega' Aerodactyl being so lame looking and (probably) tossed into the dragon niche for prestige just isn't cool.

It should be obvious I'm only speaking of my opinion as an individual, and whether Aerodactyl's super lame-o pseudo evolution is optional has no merit on my opinion that it's laughably bad. It's not even the nostalgia so much as it is... really bad design creativity and reason for it. Lol, so many spikes.

Hmmmm, Im disappointed that a lot of the new mons all objects, and there are only 69, but Im actually liking a lot of these object mons, and think I might get them.

There's only 69? I'd assume that there'd be more...

Ha...69...ha.

Yeah, don't they usually have at least a hundred? blink.gif If GF focused mostly on adding new features, then I guess it's okay, but half the fun is collecting so....

Nothing wrong with liking those two! However, there's no denying that they are indeed some of Pokemon's biggest character money makers. Since Mega evolution was quoted as being decided by popularity (among other things), it's no surprise that they and other fan favorites would be getting the spotlight. It's to be expected.

But seeing them take a shot at Aerodactyl was a bit of a surprise to me, even if he's been pretty good in the competitive gaming circle and isn't completely unpopular. Plus he's one of my favorite pokeymans, I can whine about it all I want to =P The mere concept of a bigger, better 'mega' Aerodactyl being so lame looking and (probably) tossed into the dragon niche for prestige just isn't cool.

It should be obvious I'm only speaking of my opinion as an individual, and whether Aerodactyl's super lame-o pseudo evolution is optional has no merit on my opinion that it's laughably bad. It's not even the nostalgia so much as it is... really bad design creativity and reason for it. Lol, so many spikes.

I know you can just the comment was a bit harsh. tongue.gif

Either way I am rather shocked they even put that in.

I haven't seen it as I have been avoiding leaks like the plague. I want to keep it as a surprise but some things I am fine with.

Is it true there is only 69 new ones or is that entirely unconfirmed right now?

A few days ago, I read somewhere (can't remember where and not sure if they had a source) that you can't pick the Kanto starters? You will be given one depending on which starter you chose, similar to Black and White when you received either Pansage (Oshawott), Panpour (Tepig), or Pansear (Snivy).

Has anyone heard anything about this? >.>

A few days ago, I read somewhere (can't remember where and not sure if they had a source) that you can't pick the Kanto starters? You will be given one depending on which starter you chose, similar to Black and White when you received either Pansage (Oshawott), Panpour (Tepig), or Pansear (Snivy).

If that's the case I feel a reset with mine coming on so I can get Charizard. Can anyone confirm this?

Crap...

I *need* to get that confirmed or denied, man.

Though if it's handled EXACTLY the same, I can still get my Charizard with my starter...

Crap...

I *need* to get that confirmed or denied, man.

Though if it's handled EXACTLY the same, I can still get my Charizard with my starter...

If it's like that for me I'd be screwed. I wanted Fenniken. >_<

I hope it's not the case (though theoretically I'd still be able to get Chespin and Charizard), but I can't for the life of me remember where I read it. That time I saw it was the first and last time...so I'm hoping that means it's not true...also I just Googled it now, and I can't see anything saying you don't get to pick.

I hope that's not the case.. I want Fennekin but I also want Bulbasaur. unu

Well I mean I like squirtle almost equally to bulbasaur so I guess I'd be okay with that but it'd still stink. Hopefully it's not true.

Edited by Switch

69 is the confirmed number of pokemon, unless there are some legendaries hiding in the game. Also doesn't include event legendaries. There's speculation over an ice wolf (Fenrir) and a squirrel (the one that runs up and down the tree of life with messages) but since no one has been able to "Crack" the 3DS code it's all just speculation and based on clues the NPCs in the game give.

Also since the 3DS allows download patches, there's always the chance that they could send out downloads for entirely new areas that don't already exist, containing the event legendaries or whatever. I mean there's a lot more opened up now with the hardware capabilities.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

If there was no choice in which kanto starter you get, then they would not have a selection screen for them. Since Nintendo has shown the selection screen, I think we'll get to choose.

I doubt there's just 69 and I agree with Lady_Nightfox that there is easy potential for more. I'm thinking there's probably more legendaries hiding in there. I'd honestly like to see some legendary bugs. I also doubt that you don't get to choose your Kanto starter because of the video footage I've seen, it seems you do get to chose. Not that's going to affect me, I'm just handing mine over to a friend since I'll never use it.

I took a peek at the spoilers shown just to look at the starters and I'm sticking with my first decision. I'm not looking at any more because I'm looking forward to the surprises.