7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Well... I can sadly say I am not impressed by any starter.

Chesnaught looks so different to Chespin that they look like two completely different pokemon. It looks more like a plastic toy to me >_>;

Delphox is okaayyyy... but we've had so many bipedal fire starters...

Greninja is my preferred of the lot and I love the design - except the tongue. That really screws it all up. Still gonna be my pick - I might prevent it from evolving or the design might grow on me. :L

I haven't seen the new evolutions yet. (I don't look at leaks, even when they are clearly confirmed) But from the sound of it I'm grabbing Froakie. I decided that, since Fennekin's line wasn't going too well for me, I would pick whichever one ended up being a Dark type.

Also, do we know if Fennekin is all-female? Because the best descriptions of the final form make it sound like it needs to be.

It is not.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688723&page=89

Greninja, Chesnaught, and Dephox revealed 8D Iunno whether to pick Froakie or Chespin now >.<

I actually preferred the fan made ones on DA. tongue.gif Oh well. Hahahaha. Fennekin was my favourite of the starters, but I really don't like the adult. Looks like it's wearing a dress. I have no idea which I'll pick. I'm hoping one of them starts to grow on me, but I'm not holding my breath. I wish chespin's evolved form looked more like its initial form.

I love how everyone was all, "OMG FENNEKIN ALL DA WAY ALWAYZ!" and it got the worst evo (IMO). I really like Chesnaught and Greninja. I just wish they looked more... Iunno. Startery? Also, we really need a quadruped fire starter. Seriously.

YES. THIS. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting... tongue.gif

Of all the fan made evolutions, I think this is my favourite. It makes me laugh. tongue.gif

So, I, uh, take it that the starters didn't end up being the way that everyone was expecting? huh.gif Not gonna spoil it for myself, though the idea of Fennekin ending up in a dress does sound pretty intriguing. I was gonna try and get a female one anyway, so I guess it still works out.

And that picture is awesome, Storm! laugh.gif

When the starters really look like they where shown on the page... I don`t like them, I liked Fennekin, but if that what I saw is really the evolution, I have to search an other starter or take it and put it on my Pc and catch an other Pokemon.

Yep they're the real deal. There are enough leaked copies from enough places to confirm it at this point.

P.S. I am addicted to that thread link posted earlier in this topic. Just waiting for each bit of info on new pokes to come out.

I appreciate the leakers are keeping the story-line under wraps. I want that part at least to be a surprise. But I want to start building up what kind of team I'll have.

To be honest I'm thinking of starting off with fennekin, but when I get to choose my kanto starter, I'm getting charmander and then probably ditching fennekin in my PC. I really don't need two fire pokes on a team, even if their final forms have different secondary typing.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I'm disappointed too but I really like the second stage so I'll probably just leave mine NFE and attach an Eviolite |D

Also Skrelp's evolution is just as beautiful as I'd imagined c':

Edited by Pika_Oi

So how's your team looking so far?

I'm still thinking Dephox/Charizard, Tyrantum, Clawitzer, Maybe Doublade final evo (depending on stats), and then I should probably get an electric and/or fairy on there somewhere (except not the pika-clone).

(oh man and I'll need a flying type probably)

Of course with exp-all apparently it's a lot easier to level up pokes so I could actually have multiple teams....

edit: Yes skrep's evo is really awesome, it's the sea-dragon I've always wanted. I'll have to try and trade for one (Since I'm going for X)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I'm pretty much throwing the one mon per type rule out the window there's just too many good Water-Types |D

Greninja, probably Blastoise, Skrelp's evolution, maybe Clawitzer, Sliggoo... Haven't totally decided on anything else yet :V

Oooh third form of doublade, kind of like it. I'm glad it's not just three swords xd.png

Yes, water pokemon are getting some love this time around!

Ah sorry X(

Just believe us that this is going to be a good generation.

(Resist for one week! Don't succumb like I did)

I'm holding out well. -lol- I figured it would be a good one either way. I been super excited about this one and I haven't been for a pokemon game in a long time sadly. :3

I've been in every gen since gen one. But this is the most excited I've been about since like gen 2.

Mostly because of the massive innovation. I mean, the game just looks great. The 3D is what I've always wanted. I mean there were the spin-offs on Gamecube and the stadium type games, but never a full-fledged, main series generation.

So this is a life-long dream finally come true.

(And my 8 year old self thinks mega evolutions are SUPER COOL 4EVER)

I've been in every gen since gen one. But this is the most excited I've been about since like gen 2.

Mostly because of the massive innovation. I mean, the game just looks great. The 3D is what I've always wanted. I mean there were the spin-offs on Gamecube and the stadium type games, but never a full-fledged, main series generation.

So this is a life-long dream finally come true.

(And my 8 year old self thinks mega evolutions are SUPER COOL 4EVER)

Exactly how I've been. I been around since the start and loved Kanto and Johto but this one I've been really excited about and that hasn't happened since Johto. Liked Hoenn and the rest but yeah. -lol-

Exactly. I seen some guy on YouTube totally bashing the graphics on it. It wasn't even OUT yet and he was already bashing it. Said it had terrible graphics but was using games like Bioshock to compare to it. Was the most idiotic argument I've ever heard.

I actually do like the mega evolutions myself so you are not alone! biggrin.gif

That's a really ridiculous comparison. Besides not being on the same console(s), they're not the same genre, and they're not the same age range category. Hopefully they were being a troll.

Man, that's like complaining about the vehicles in an FPS game not handling anything like the ones in a driving simulation game.

But then, people regularly as me what the best game EVER is, and I'm just like "For which console and for which genre?" and when they just go "No, like, just EVER" I just blankly look at them and go "Dawn of the New World, for the Wii." When they look at me like I'm clearly crazy, I just go "You didn't specify any kind of technicality. Are we talking strictly graphics? Gameplay? Characters, story? Personal value? You have to have some parameters to determine what we're going to compare, here. You can't really compare Halo with Forza, they're nothing alike."

People are ridiculous sometimes when it comes to just bashing completely unrelated things and trying to hold them to impossible standards.

That's a really ridiculous comparison. Besides not being on the same console(s), they're not the same genre, and they're not the same age range category. Hopefully they were being a troll.

Oh no he was very serious. IT was like a 10-15 minute video comparing all the games and giving the top 10 reasons it'd fail.

Man, that's like complaining about the vehicles in an FPS game not handling anything like the ones in a driving simulation game.

But then, people regularly as me what the best game EVER is, and I'm just like "For which console and for which genre?" and when they just go "No, like, just EVER" I just blankly look at them and go "Dawn of the New World, for the Wii." When they look at me like I'm clearly crazy, I just go "You didn't specify any kind of technicality. Are we talking strictly graphics? Gameplay? Characters, story? Personal value? You have to have some parameters to determine what we're going to compare, here. You can't really compare Halo with Forza, they're nothing alike."

People are ridiculous sometimes when it comes to just bashing completely unrelated things and trying to hold them to impossible standards.

Yep. He even said that Quake 2 had better graphics. Quake 2 is very old and also depends on video card if you are playing PC. I told him to stop comparing games like that. I also told him it's like using Halo or some other game to compare it and pointed out that while Nintendo may not have the best graphics it is known for sacrificing the graphics for a better story line. Worst of all this kid is 16 or so. ._.

Worst of all this kid is 16 or so. ._.

Ah that explains it.

Man one more week now. I have a friend offering to pre-order it for me provided I pay him back at some point. I'm half-way to accepting the offer, I just hate owing people money.

EDIT: I just saw the stats for the final form of honedge blink.gif It is, amazing, like, incredible. And it's ability makes it even more awesome stats-wise. I mean, it's a poke that has to be on any team handsdown.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

https://i.imgur.com/qY9MUwph.jpg

OMG YESSSSS DRAGON/GROUND Z CONFIRMED.

I think I have a favorite legend of this gen, tied with Xerneas. YAY FOR ZYGARDE! Also confirms Ygdrassil. Wish he was Dragon/Poison rather than Ground, but it makes sense with the Ygdrassil theme, so still yay 8^D-)=(

If the rumor about there only being a few legends this gen, the main 3, then I'm okay, since they at least all ROCK!

Edited by PieMaster

Yes I really like the z legend. It's totally different. I like the kind of alien look to it, and the dragon/ground typing really makes sense considering the legend.

Even though there aren't as many new pokes this time around, I'm pretty satisfied with them. (And there's like 700 of them now, it's kind of getting ridiculous as far as catching them all). I've got a pretty nice team of new pokes, and since it's apparently easier to level up in this game I can definitely have a second team with some older pokes as well (get those megas!)

Of course now at this point I'm done looking at spoilers, I know what my team will be-ish so I don't want any story or any of that. That will be all for me next weekend (maybe)

Speaking of teams, my all new pokemon team is looking like

Delphox, Aegislash, Tyrantum, Clawitzer, Noivern, and maybe Dedenne (I need electric and fairy, so if it has a decent move pool I'll use it)

Also, from clues in the game, it looks like a Hoenn remake is either in the works or is possible 8D

I wish we'd gotten more bugs than just another butterfly line, but I guess it's okay because I like most of the new mons this time a lot c:

Zygarde is really really cool o: