7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Sooo...some mega-evos are exclusive to one game, but the item they need to evolve is exclusive to the other game? So does that mean, for example, if I got X and I had a Pinsir that could mega evolve...and I traded it to Y...it wouldn't be able to evolve anymore even though it had the Mega Stone? Anyone care to explain this to me, please? >.>

(Also Mega Houndoom is epic)

Wait Wait Wait Wait,...

Back up.

Banette is said to have risen from an abandoned doll, and hunts the child that abandoned it, right?

I recall something saying that megaevolution is made possible by a perfect connection between trainer and Pokémon.

So why does mega Banette look even more nightmarish rather than healed?

They bonded over their sheer hatred for the child?

Also, thanks for the info, Lady Nightfox. =) Then I get to stick with Chespin the whole way through, woo!

So I got my Pokemon X today biggrin.gif

One day earlier that it should be but now I will see how this game will be, I can`t wait to start. ^-^

No problem Zovesta, hope I didn't scare you too bad xd.png

Oh man MegaAlakazam and MegaHoundoom are looking awesome.

I haven't thought of nicknames crud D:

Sooo...some mega-evos are exclusive to one game, but the item they need to evolve is exclusive to the other game? So does that mean, for example, if I got X and I had a Pinsir that could mega evolve...and I traded it to Y...it wouldn't be able to evolve anymore even though it had the Mega Stone? Anyone care to explain this to me, please? >.>

Nope, as long as it has a megastone it can evolve in any version.

What I think you misunderstood, is in this case, the pokemon itself, say, houndoom, can only be found in X version. But, the item houndoomite (or whatever) is only found in Y version.

Where, Manectric is only found in Y version, but manectricnite is only in X version.

But, if houndoom has houndoomite, it can megaevolve in either version. The problem is just getting the stone and the pokemon you want.

Ooooooh. That makes more sense. |D

Thanks for clearing that up.

No problem! I know the leaks have been kind of vague but I've been reading up on everything to get the whole picture.

They also just found that via friend safari (post game feature, I guess it's a streetpass thing) you can catch wild starters. So I guess that eliminates breeding and trading hassle. (Provided you can streetpass someone with the starters).

Not entirely sure how friend safari works though like as far as what pokemon show up.

No problem Zovesta, hope I didn't scare you too bad xd.png

Oh man MegaAlakazam and MegaHoundoom are looking awesome.

I haven't thought of nicknames crud D:

Nope, as long as it has a megastone it can evolve in any version.

What I think you misunderstood, is in this case, the pokemon itself, say, houndoom, can only be found in X version. But, the item houndoomite (or whatever) is only found in Y version.

Where, Manectric is only found in Y version, but manectricnite is only in X version.

But, if houndoom has houndoomite, it can megaevolve in either version. The problem is just getting the stone and the pokemon you want.

So you are telling me some stones can only be found on Y or X for those pokemon? Do you have any clue if you can find multiples of those mega stones? I've asked this 3 (third being this time) times on here and once on YouTube and no ones been able to answer me.

Me and a friend plan on trading any extras we find to each other so we have both forms.

OH NOOO I WANT DRAGALGAE GOODRA AND NOIVERN BUT I CAN ONLY PICK ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Also, I haven't seen any mega sixth-gens yet, and I haven't seen megas for the other starters, which according to this post on sertebii there probably are but haven't been discovered

It appears that starter Pokémon, such as the Kanto starters, can be found in Friend Safari

Correct, some megastones are exclusive to each version. Even if it's for a pokemon that is exclusive to the other version.

I'm not totally sure but it sounds like you can only find one of each megastone in the game, since most of them are map pickup items (like a sparkle on the screen and you pick it up and have it) and the others are event items (given to you or on a pokemon given to you).

You can buy venusaurite, blastoiseite, and charizardite X/Y (But you can only buy the one exclusive to your game version) but I'm not sure if you can re-purchase these or if it's a one time only deal.

Correct, some megastones are exclusive to each version. Even if it's for a pokemon that is exclusive to the other version.

I'm not totally sure but it sounds like you can only find one of each megastone in the game, since most of them are map pickup items (like a sparkle on the screen and you pick it up and have it) and the others are event items (given to you or on a pokemon given to you).

You can buy venusaurite, blastoiseite, and charizardite X/Y (But you can only buy the one exclusive to your game version) but I'm not sure if you can re-purchase these or if it's a one time only deal.

Aww. Guess we will find out when more info comes out. I kinda hope I can trade a friend my spares.

Houndoom and Manectric are exclusives, (((Their megas I mean.)) And they changed Arceus to a fairy type.....

Where did you hear that at? I just checked Serebii and hes still listed as normal.

PLEASE tell me it's not true ;_; Just add a fairy plate >.<

~

I want a mega Dragonite for one reason. A dragoniteite. I know it would be waaaaaay too OP, though.

Edited by PieMaster

I want a mega Dragonite for one reason. A dragoniteite. I know it would be waaaaaay to OP, though.

They've already given a ton of OP mons mega forms, it could still be a thing |D

Speaking of mega forms, it's kind of disappointing that Charizard gets two mega forms and Blastoise and Venusaur don't. :N

I think its disappointing that not every starter is getting megas (They may, and it kind of looks like they will, as their obtainable in safari) but they probably wont be

They'd BETTER have at least given Swampert and Sceptile megas. What's with the Fire-Type starter favoritism, anyhow? :L

http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/fairy.shtml

Serebii hasn't finished updating the Pokedex. But check this part of the website out

http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/fairy.shtml

Great now we don't have a normal OR poison legendary I was really hoping Zygarde was a poison type

My team is looking like:

Chesnaught

Dragalge

Aegislash

Heliolisk

Malamar

Aurorus

Hopefully we do get a normal type legendary soon. Oh well thank you! smile.gif

Ikr, I used to love the fire starters before fourth gen, but then they all got meh.

Gen 1 I chose Charmander

Gen 2 I chose Cyndaquil

Gen 3 I chose Torchic

Gen 4 I chose Piplup (Infernape was meh looking)

Gen 5 I chose Snivy (come on, really, did anyone actually chose Pokabu?)

Gen 6 Im chosing Chespin

Edited by nicknick88

Gen 5 I chose Snivy (come on, really, did anyone actually chose Pokabu?)

I did. Nothing wrong with him at all.

I have went fire starter on all games at least once but the main game I played on only twice have I ever went with a water type and only once for Grass (was the heart gold remake).

Still going fire for this gen too along with having Charizard and Torchic. Probably rotate them out at times but yeah.

Ah, no, I wasn't talking about Fire-Type favoritism by the fandom (although that definitely is a thing)

I meant the fact that they gave Charizard two mega forms and also gave Blaziken a mega form and probably didn't give Swampert or Sceptile ones (nevermind having already given Blaziken SPEED BOOST :N)

And I've always been a Water starter type of person, the one exception being Gen V since I picked Snivy there (still liked Oshawott though |D)

Edited by Pika_Oi

Ah, no, I wasn't talking about Fire-Type favoritism by the fandom (although that definitely is a thing)

I meant the fact that they gave Charizard two mega forms and also gave Blaziken a mega form and probably didn't give Swampert or Sceptile ones (nevermind having already given Blaziken SPEED BOOST :N)

And I've always been a Water starter type of person, the one exception being Gen V since I picked Snivy there (still liked Oshawott though |D)

Maybe they will and Lady Nightfox did make a point. The 3DS has the ability now to download things for the games. Who says they won't give a update or two on the game?

It is possible that Swampert and Sceptile might get mega forms, but Venusaurite and Blastoiseite have no X or Y suffix so it's pretty unlikely they'll be given second forms via download :L