7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I'm even more convinced it's Flying type now, haha. The name (the french name is also nymphali, which is a direct reference of nymph), the colors, and the position of Sylveon on the Eeveelution chart. Someone pointed out to me that the Eeveelutions were across from the one they were strong or weak against, and Sylveon's placement puts it directly across from Jolteon.

Either that, or I think it's a new type. I wouldn't be horrified if it turned out Normal, but I think it fits Flying better. I'm tired of generic birdy/winged flying types anyway, Spirits/fairies can fly too without wings!

Someone pointed out to me that the Eeveelutions were across from the one they were strong or weak against, and Sylveon's placement puts it directly across from Jolteon.

Where can I find this?

Those new graphics and 3d world definitely got me interested. The pokemon themselves, not so much, probably abunch of lame unoriginal reskins or some new object.

...I will never understand this complaint.

EVERY generation has some Pokemon that are kind of similar (if you count being derived from the same broad category similar) and Pokemon that are objects. It's hardly a new thing introduced after Gen 1.

Why can't there be a bunch of different dog-type Pokemon or fish-type or bird-types? There's not like one 'original' version of a bird IRL and everything after that is just a lame reskin.

There's plenty of objects brought to life as early as gen 1--Grimer and Muk are just animated sludge, Voltorb and Electrode are just balls. Koffing and Weezing aren't exactly animal- or plant-based, either, far as I can tell.

I've always thought of Koffing/Weezing as those underwater Naval mine things, though I've heard they could possibly be meteorites?

Also, as far as "objects" from gen 1, Magnemite and Magneton are...well, magnets.

I actually like a lot of the "object" Pokemon about the same or sometimes even more than most of the animal-based Pokemon. I don't understand why people complain about them and talk down at people for liking them sometimes and wish they didn't exist. :N

Although I guess maybe I do because I have been annoyed at the animu canines this gen so far (two, yes, but only a couple Pokemon have been revealed yet and none that I find extremely enticing, although Froakie is really cute)

But I guess I don't explicitly wish they didn't exist because I know some people would like to use them, they're just really really not to my tastes and so I will avoid using them...

I just wish ones that particularly interest me had been revealed this early, too. |D

Also, Koffing and Weezing are definitely naval mines

They explode and everything :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

I don't dislike the "object" pokemon. ._.

I'm using a Magnemite in SoulSilver atm, in fact. I have a bit of a soft spot for Magnemite/Magneton because it was one of my first electric-types I used (besides Pikachu) in R/B/Y.

I'd like a cooler/meaner-looking canine Pokemon...Growlithe/Arcanine and Houndour/Houndoom are still some of my favorites because they're not that cutesy 'n stuff.

Though if Fennekin gets an epic evolution, I may use one instead of Chespin. >.>;

Gamefreakgadghgajhaklga I need to know MOAR.

Magnemite is pretty cool but I have subconscious contempt for it thanks to some particularly annoying battles on Gen III Cycling Road |D

Speaking of object Pokemon, I don't get how anyone could hate Vanilluxe. IT'S CUTE SMILING ICE CREAM WITH TWO HEADS AND IT'S GOT AN ICE CRYSTAL SMILEY FACE ON THE BACK OF IT :c

Trubbish is also really really adorable

I just don't understand

Magnemite is pretty cool but I have subconscious contempt for it thanks to some particularly annoying battles on Gen III Cycling Road |D

Speaking of object Pokemon, I don't get how anyone could hate Vanilluxe. IT'S CUTE SMILING ICE CREAM WITH TWO HEADS AND IT'S GOT AN ICE CRYSTAL SMILEY FACE ON THE BACK OF IT :c

I just don't understand

I find Vanilluxe to just be kind of...boring. There feels like little creativity in its looks and evolutions.

Trubbish grosses me out. XP Not a fan of the garbage leaking out of it for arms and whatnot. It's all just personal taste.

There were gen 1 pokemon I didn't like, and there will be pokemon I do and don't like throughout the gens. Claiming that things all went downhill after gen 1 is elitism. There's good and bad in them all.

Personally, I love the idea of a fennex fox pokemon <3 Foxes are my favorite animal, so seeing more of them is welcome in my mind. I also am hoping for a really awesome looking final evolution.

My only real problem with Fennekin is

There's already lots of foxes

But there's lots of animals that no Pokemon has been based on yet and I'd like to see them before more of the same animals, so it was just kind of disappointing

For example, there's no cockroach Pokemon, there's no pipefish Pokemon (unless you count Gorebyss, but it seems more eel-like to me), and there's never been an insect-based starter despite the whole series being inspired by catching insects.

There's lots of frogs too but Froakie doesn't really look similar to them at all, also I'm biased against mammals and especially canines, I'll admit it. :L

And although I like Froakie I would be a lot more excited about any of the above than I was about it, which is why I'm still disappointed about there not being Pokemon released yet that I especially like :V

Also, Trubbish's face being completely adorable kind of distracts me from how gross it would be to touch even though I'm kind of a hypochondriac |D

Edited by Pika_Oi

Even though I personally believe sylveon is normal, I can at least vouch for flying pokemon not having wings.

Doduo, Dodrio, Gyarados (which I still have never understood where the flying came from, should have been water/dragon), Shaymin Sky Forme

Well, Shaymin Sky Forme has those things on it's head, which I think is likethe wings.

I just don't understand

What animals are there that look like bars of chocolate?

Vanilluxe and all its pre-evos jus doesn't fit in. I mean, it's an ice cream. It's just... why...

Trubbish and Garbordor actually scared me slightly when I first saw them. It's not right. A Pokemon made out of garbage? Live, deadly garbage? Garbordor even catches other pokemon and suffocates them with poisonous gas. Trubbish is barely any better. And both come equipped with gross little fangs to boot.

Give me the 'realistic' ones like Haxorus any day... no more 'object coming to life' stuff... as Shikaru said, it's all just personal taste but I seriously don't see how one could find those ones adorable...

I hate dealing with genwunners. Especially the ones who scream about there only being 150 Pokemon--MEW EXISTED TO, GUYS. D<

I'm not fond of Trubbish or Garbodor, but that's just personal taste. If people love 'em, more power to 'em.

I think they want to pick Pokemon that might appeal to a larger range of people, though.

But I would LOVE another matis Pokemon. Or a walking stick Pokemon. biggrin.gif Or a blood-drinking butterfly Pokemon! xd.png

I'm not fond of the ice cream thing because... I eat a lot of ice cream, so it kinda creeps me out. xd.png Dear Arceus, can you imagine eating an ice cream cone in front of one? Poor thing would be traumatized for life.

...Er, Ghastly is made of toxic gas and can suffocate it's victims with toxic gas. Check SoulSilver's 'dex entry. "Its body is made of gas. Despite lacking substance, it can envelop an opponent of any size and cause suffocation." Or Crystal's: "Its body is made of gas. Despite lacking substance, it can envelop an opponent of any size and cause suffocation."

That's pretty creepy to me. Or Haunter, even worse! "Its tongue it made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes."--Silver entry. Yellow's entry is pretty much the same thing.

Grimer and Muk were made of sludge brought to life, don't forget.

Edited by KageSora

What animals are there that look like bars of chocolate?

Vanilluxe and all its pre-evos jus doesn't fit in. I mean, it's an ice cream. It's just... why...

Trubbish and Garbordor actually scared me slightly when I first saw them. It's not right. A Pokemon made out of garbage? Live, deadly garbage? Garbordor even catches other pokemon and suffocates them with poisonous gas. Trubbish is barely any better. And both come equipped with gross little fangs to boot.

Give me the 'realistic' ones like Haxorus any day... no more 'object coming to life' stuff... as Shikaru said, it's all just personal taste but I seriously don't see how one could find those ones adorable...

How does Vanilluxe not fit in when there are already Pokemon that are piles of sludge and Pokeballs and magnets?

There's been object Pokemon from the start, as has been stated. And Trubbish and Garbodor aren't any scarier than Muk and Weezing. (And the "gross little fangs" are completely adorable.)

And how is Haxorus "realistic"? It's a dragonthing with proportions that make it look like it's gonna topple over any second :L

Or a blood-drinking butterfly Pokemon!   xd.png

Who's to say the existing butterfly Pokemon don't already do that? Butterflies are pretty deceptive lookswise. c:

Edited by Pika_Oi

Hahah, that's true. For all we know, Butterfree feasts on the blood of their trainers in the night. xd.png

Also, friendly reminder that Pokemon are edible! Basculin's entry mentions they're tasty. :3

Let's see, let's see... Creepy as hell "realistic"-based ones...

Oh, Paras/Parasect. That's pretty freakin' creepy when you think about it. It's a bug that's completely controlled by the fungus on it's back. I've seen an interesting thing where they said that the reason Parasect has just dead, white eyes is because it's dead--the bug host is just an empty shell, the mushroom thinking for it and directing it. So, when you evolve your Paras, you're killing it and getting a brain-controlling mushroom with a zombie bug for a body. :3

That's realistic, there are parasitic species that control the minds of insects, after all. There's one that does it to ants, forces them to climb up to the tops of grass stalks and hang off until they get eaten--so it forces the ant to commit suicide so it can move on to the next stage of it's life cycle.

Kadabra has some creepy 'dex entries, too--such as the Emerald and FireRed ones indicating a human boy turned into a Kadabra once. Possibly then captured and forced to live the rest of his life as a Pokemon. Yeesh.

Victreebel is an unsettling example, too. Clearly based off a carnivorous plant (it makes me specifically think of pitcher plants), it's implied to have consumed humans, in the Red/Blue 'dex entries. It's also fairly horrifying to imagine it luring in prey, which is then digested alive--death by acid is not a pleasant death.

Don't forget Shedinja, if you look into its back it sucks out your soul. c:

Although I guess a shed shell coming to life isn't quite "realistic." Still animal-based and about as "realistic" as Haxorus, though. :V

That's true--I was mostly trying to stick with Gen 1, since that's where the complaints usually come after with the "anything after Gen 1 sucked!".

But there's some creepy as hell Pokemon in every Gen.

Personally, I think Gens 1 and 2 were the creepiest--it seems that they've toned down some of it in later games. Then Black and White brought that back.

But that's just me--and EVERY gen has some creepy Pokemon.

I mean, Houndour and Houndoom are hellhounds, so...

But man, Gothitelle is depressing. It cries when it learns it's trainer's lifespan. D: And Litwick's evolution. IT BURNS THE LIFE ENERGY OF THOSE AROUND IT. And Lampent burns the souls of the dead. It hangs around in freakin' hospitals, waiting for people to die!

Edited by KageSora

Gen I was definitely the creepiest, what with the abandoned Pokemon Lab on Cinnabar with the crazed scientists inside and Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town (and the possessed Channelers inside it.) Although I wasn't creeped out by any of it when I was a kid, looking back there was some pretty dubious stuff in those games.

Gen II did have the only thing that ever scared me in Pokemon as a kid though. That HORRIBLE NOISE.

Edited by Pika_Oi

Oh man, definitely. I wonder what kind of horror new kids will look back on from this gen? Haha, that'll be fun to find out. xd.png

How does Vanilluxe not fit in when there are already Pokemon that are piles of sludge and Pokeballs and magnets?

There's been object Pokemon from the start, as has been stated. And Trubbish and Garbodor aren't any scarier than Muk and Weezing. (And the "gross little fangs" are completely adorable.)

And how is Haxorus "realistic"? It's a dragonthing with proportions that make it look like it's gonna topple over any second :L

Who's to say the existing butterfly Pokemon don't already do that? Butterflies are pretty deceptive lookswise. c:

I don't understand any of the object Pokemon. I simply didn't put that down :F

Muk and Weezing are ick as well. I really can't see anything remotely like them going around in the real world. Oh yes, I know. 'It's a fictional world! Anything can be anything!' But some things just defy even fictional worlds.

When I said 'realistic', I put 'realistic' in apostrophes for a reason. Haxorus is far more believable than the likes of Voltorb. Although far from perfect, it is one of the Pokemon that looks like it could actually function as a real thing with some adjustments. And lots of animals are disproportional. Ducks for example move awkwardly because of their leg placement and size. Yet they function. IMO it's not about how the legs measure out to the rest of the body, but the strength in them combined with a refined sense of balance.

Imma leave this off now because I know I'm fighting a losing battle and it's getting way off topic :|

Somebody pointed out they're like those underwater mines. One thing I like about Pokemon is that they have a combination of animate and inanimate inspired ideas. It's interesting, IMO.

Muk and Weezing are water and air pollution monsters, so they're most likely, like Garbodor (which is a land pollution monster), based off the thought of pollution producing horribly mutated or new and revolting organisms.

And this is a fictional world where computer code can make physical creatures and viruses from meteors form tentacled humanoid things, I don't really think there's anything that's too far beyond it. |D

Edited by Pika_Oi

Just gonna put this here and say that I hate it when people whine about new Pokemon because they don't cater to their specific tastes. There's a Pokemon for everyone, and between the mythological Pokemon, the inanimate-inspired Pokemon, and the fuzzy mammals, they all co-exist. That's what makes it great!

My favourite Pokemon is Tangela. I love the Trubbish line, the Zubat line, the Timburr line... but I still like Eevee and Vulpix. :>

Each gen has some really interesting and creative Pokemon so just because they came out with a few you don't like doesn't mean the whole bunch is bad!

I haven't seen much of this new generation, just the starters and that fox-like one, but they all look really cute so far.

also i personally think everything from original game sprites up to this new 3d game looks nice <3

/rant

Yeah. I mean, all the foxes so far in pokemon are cute(Before they evolve). And everyone IS going to have a pokemon they won't like. I don't like Trubbish, for example.