7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Even if it doesn't happen this gen, there's no saying it couldn't happen in Gen 7.

It'd be nice to see a new type eventually, though.

But oh man, I just... I WANT A HOLY SQUID OKAY. Man, I'm just thinking all about it now. xd.png It'd be really cute and small with big eyes and look all squishy, and it'd be white in color with light gold patterns. Then it'd evolve into a bigger squid, then into some amazing divine-looking squid-god. biggrin.gif

It would start off with probably Wrap and Charm. It's abilities would be Cute Charm, with a secondary ability of Natural Cure. Hidden ability of Friend Guard.

...Dude, I am totally having fun coming up with a Holy Squid Pokemon. biggrin.gif

I need to actually think about this.

You know, now that I've read more about new types, the idea sounds more plausible than it did before. I think I'd like them happy.gif

^^ To me, the Light Type is more of like a Pure type or Innocent type. It symbolizes purity, overall goodness, and perhaps even divinity. A sort of spiritual cleanliness, if you will. To me it's the direct opposite of what the Dark type is supposed to symbolize, which I take to mean as corruption, evil, shadows, etc.

To me, that's not covered by Psychic. Psychic, in my eyes, merely represents a supernatural psycho ability, which is neither tethered to "good" or "bad" stigmas.

Yin/Yang, as I said before. Psychic doesn't really fit into that.

Yeah exactly Haze. >_>

Oh man the first person to draw a Pokemon holy squid gets e-cookies from me.

Yeah exactly Haze. >_>

Oh man the first person to draw a Pokemon holy squid gets e-cookies from me.

I'm totally coming up with attacks and evolutionary lines and all that right now.

I WILL SO SKETCH IT, TOO. Maybe even full-color if I get a chance. IT WILL HAVE 2 STAGES. biggrin.gif I'll totally sketch the basic stage.

Okay, linking for big.

Very quick, very rough sketches that don't really convey what I have in my head well (it needs to be CUTER). Imagine the eyes being big and watery and adorable.

The diamond on the top, the band around the eyes/band at the top of the tentacles, the tentacle tips, and the tips of the little wiggly bits would be light gold, the rest of it would be white.

Linky

I'll totally work on a better sketch when I have a chance, though. (also would adore seeing if anybody else sketched a holy squid. Because that idea is just adorable and amazing. xd.png)

Edited by KageSora

I like the diamond in the forehead, and it does look cute so far.

It does remind me of a Blooper, too.

I would, want a light type, just to be able to defeat spiritomb/sableye better.

So light would be super effective against dark. Dark would be super effective against light (to cancel)

What else would light be good against and weak against?

It could be not effective on grass types (grass would just absorb light)

Maybe Light would be strong against Ghost type too? I think it might make sense. Ghosts not liking daylight/not showing up in it and such. ouo

Edited by Switch

.___.

I like these ideas. The light/dark supereffectiveness. The grass-types absorbing light attacks. The Holy Squid. X3

I feel like dragon-type moves need to be super effective against something besides dragon-types. But dragon being super effective against light doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. What would it be weak against (besides dark)? My first thought was psychic for some reason...honestly don't know why...

I feel like Ghost type shouldn't have any effect on Light types. Not very effective against Rock, Steel, or Fighting, and super effective against Dark, Ghost, and Psychic. (I feel like Psychics would have a hard time with mind powers when their target is this living epitome of purity and holiness).

I feel like every thing else would just be normal effectiveness, because it's not actual "Light" like from the Sun or moon or whatever, though it could play off of that in terms of move base and design. Though you could throw in the not-every effective against Grass, since the Grass type has too many weaknesses as is and should probably have something to compensate for that.

"Light" can be ambiguous. When I hear "light-type", I think literal "light spectrum". Like sunlight. Rainbow/prism Pokemon. >.> Not just light as in good, opposite of evil. So, to me, weak against grass makes sense. Visible light disperses darkness, as has been stated. However, non-visible light would also be interesting Pokemon themes. Ultraviolet, infrared, etc. I think that would be awesome.

In most Japanese media they tend to call the opposite of "dark/evil" Holy. That usually gets changed in English releases, but I imagine they'd probably go that direction.

Got a couple more sketches done, playing around with the placement of the stripe over the eyes, and the style of the fin-thingies in the head--I was thinking have them fan out and look halo-ish.

Also not sure if I like rounded or pointed wiggly-bits better.

I like these eyes a little more~

Linky for size

I like the idea of a Light-type being immune to Ghost-types. Also Grass absorbing Light. I think it could be a combination of literal light and purity/goodness. Also like the idea of it being strong against Psychic, and not so effective against Rock, Steel, and Fighting.

It might be kinda interesting to have it weak to Grass, though.

Maybe have it weak against Fighting?

Edited by KageSora

I think weak to fighting makes sense. Maybe also weak to Poison, it could be a spin on "poisoning" or "corrupting" the purity..? Though I think Light against poison should just be regular effectiveness.

So, so far we've come up with:

Light/Pure

-Strong against: Dark, Psychic, Ghost

-Immune to Ghost

-Not very effective against Steel, Rock, Fighting, Grass

-Weak to Fighting, Poison, Grass, and Dark

And OMG, HOLY SQUID <3

asdhflkahkdhakd I feel like I need to sketch Holy Squids now. >.>

I love how they look like Bloopers. Imma have to sketch later.

I love the holy squid so far omg <3 I'm totally spriting this later when I get time.

I like those ideas so far.

Hm... this is kinda out there, but I like the idea of Light and Water working well together. Holy water, you know. Maybe if a light type hits after a water type in some sort of rainbow type move it's really powerful? i dunno just chucking ideas around

OH MY GOD

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

THAT'S PERFECT

A HOLY WATER SQUID

AH

/continues screaming

I WAANNTTT ITTTT

I got so enthusiastic when I heard there was going to be light type in Unova and in Sinnoh, it never happened, and I doubt they're going to do it now. Think about it. The most they'd make is 13 light types, and there are still a bunch of everything else. And retyping would be strange, because right now, I can only think of four Pokemon that could be retyped as light. I still doubt they're going to do it. Light types would be out numbered.

Edited by nicknick88

That looks great! I especially like the bangles on its tentacles. wub.gif

They could always create new Pokemon that were specifically Light-type instead of retyping old Pokemon. These are brand-new games, so anything is possible.

Just pre-ordered these, by the way. wink.gif

Edited by purpledragonclaw

OMG. THAT'S AMAZING. biggrin.gif That's a lot closer to what I was picturing my little blob evolving into. xd.png

I love it!

I'mma have to make proper pics of mine. xd.png

I like the idea of being weak to poison, but having standard effectiveness when attacking poison-types.

Also like the idea of having some kind of perks with Water-types. Perhaps Water and Light are resistant to each other, playing off the idea of holy water?

Or the idea of adding in a new attack that, when used in a double/triple battle when next to a Water Pokemon has some kind of added effect or power boost or something? And then a Water-Type move that does the same/something similar when used beside a Light-type?

Edited by KageSora

:D

I'm glad people like it! ^^

While I do like the holy water idea...if one were to talk about literal light, I feel like light-type attacks should be weak against water-types. Water won't deal super effective damage to light-types, though. Ya know, because water refracts and reflects light. I'd still like to see literal light Pokemon.

I got so enthusiastic when I heard there was going to be light type in Unova and in Sinnoh, it never happened, and I doubt they're going to do it now. Think about it. The most they'd make is 13 light types, and there are still a bunch of everything else. And retyping would be strange, because right now, I can only think of four Pokemon that could be retyped as light. I still doubt they're going to do it. Light types would be out numbered.

That's how it was when the made new types before.

Jet <3 <3 it's so... perfect. you and kagesora get all the e-cookies.

Well, the thing is, with the dark type, they didn't talk about literal darkness, so it wouldn't make sense for a Light type to be about literal light. xd.png

also

just gonna leave this here

user posted image

user posted image

oops i forgot how to sprite in gen 5 style oh well

it ended up looking more like a dark type... also i really could have pushed the whole "holy judge" imagery more but >_>