7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

They wouldn't of said something by now, there are 8 months until release and only 6 Polemon have been revealed wink.gif

I agree, there's plenty of time and so little has been released that it wouldn't be crazy to think there might be a new type they're hiding.

Besides, for all we know they could just keep it under wraps until the very end, and then surprise everybody with it.

Or, unlikely, but can you imagine if they added a new type but never announced it and just let everybody find out for themselves? xd.png Oh man, that would be hilarious! It would never happen, but it would be hilarious.

I wanna see a Lapras baby myself. :3

Lesse if I can dig up that link to the screenies of some "leaked" info... (probably all fake, of course, but hey--interesting all the same) Ah, here we go. Linked for huge.

Out of those, the Lapras baby and the Houndoom evolution would be ones I'd like to see turn out to be legit in some way.

Edited by KageSora

I want a freakin' Kenga pre-evo already. IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS

I agree, there's plenty of time and so little has been released that it wouldn't be crazy to think there might be a new type they're hiding.

Besides, for all we know they could just keep it under wraps until the very end, and then surprise everybody with it.

Or, unlikely, but can you imagine if they added a new type but never announced it and just let everybody find out for themselves? xd.png Oh man, that would be hilarious! It would never happen, but it would be hilarious.

I wanna see a Lapras baby myself. :3

Lesse if I can dig up that link to the screenies of some "leaked" info... (probably all fake, of course, but hey--interesting all the same) Ah, here we go. Linked for huge.

Out of those, the Lapras baby and the Houndoom evolution would be ones I'd like to see turn out to be legit in some way.

Thanks for putting up the link. The dark and dragon types listed are what I'm hoping for, especially the Houndoom evo and the other Flaffy evo. That'll be so cool. Can't wait to see the Dark-type Gym Leader, it's the very first one. smile.gif

I want a freakin' Kenga pre-evo already. IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS

And spoil the mystery?! Never!

I like the idea of a strait-jacket ghost, but not their description of it. Same with the coconut soldiers and their evo.

lol don't we already have a ghost-type jellyfish...

I do like the baby ideas for Girafarig, Heracross, and Pinsir, though. :3c

I am still adamantly against any evolutions for Farfetch'd or Ditto but... that Flaaffy evolution, oh my lord. I cannot express how badly I want that. The Tesla coils for horns jkhgfjds

I'm really digging that Ice/Bug description. It sounds really awesome!

Some of the new generation Pokemon I'd like to see are:

1. The Crystal Girl

2. Locust Assassin

3. Ice Bug

4. Star Dragon Line

5. Bodyguard Gargoyle

6. Diamond Tiger

7. Heart Cobra

Those sound cool.

Or, unlikely, but can you imagine if they added a new type but never announced it and just let everybody find out for themselves?  xd.png  Oh man, that would be hilarious!  It would never happen, but it would be hilarious.

I wanna see a Lapras baby myself.  :3

Lesse if I can dig up that link to the screenies of some "leaked" info...  (probably all fake, of course, but hey--interesting all the same)  Ah, here we go.  Linked for huge.

If even half the stuff on that list is true, I am going to go /insane/ trying to get a 3DS and these games xd.png Especially if there's a legendary quartet based on card suits, that's just so cool.

Edited by Dr. Paine

Thank you for that link, Kage.

I'm fighting the urge to go pre-order these on Amazon. I try to wait until it gets closer to games being released to pre-order, but I know I'm going to buy these when they come out anyway and I don't want pre-orders to run out like they did with Skyward Sword.

Man I hope that list is real.

Based on it, like Froakie(s final eveolution) sounds the coolest.

And some of the added evolutions/babies sound cool (hopefully they'll do them right).

The Farfetch'd evolution idea cracks me up though, that the leek evolves but Farfetch'd doesn't. I'd like to see that!

*sigh* Alas I'm very skeptical of anything not directly from the pokemon sites/korokoro magazine, but it would be great if some of those were true, I'd love to see them!

That list looks cool but I doubt any of it is true. There were rumors of a new type last generation, and that never came out. At the same time, I think since there are so many pokemon, it would be unwise to make a new type, because there would not be many light types. Just like when dark types were introduced in Johto, there was only one, Sneasel, and it wasn't even pure dark. For all we know, if Ninfia was a light type, there may only be one other, so I am not hoping for a new type.

Naw, there was Umbreon (pure dark), Murkrow, Houndour/doom, and Tyrannitar had dark as a secondary type.

So six pokemon out of the 100 new pokemon that generation.

First gen had types that there were only certain families that had the type. The haunter-genger family were the only ghost types (and part poison no less), dratini-dragonite were the only dragon types. Albeit those were the first games, basically saying that they don't need to release 100s of a new type to introduce a new type. They could get away with a small group of new 'mons and have it legit.

That all said, I still don't think we'll see a new type anytime soon. The mechanics of types and type advantages are all pretty much set in stone at this point.

I don't see how it'd be unwise to add in a new type. They could easily go in and add the type to existing Pokemon and moves, much like several Pokemon got re-typed when Steel and Dark were introduced.

I personally really want a new type (though the light-type rumors have been around for the last few gens, so...) simply BECAUSE the mechanics and (dis)advantages of the various types have become so stable. I think it's time to shake things up a bit, personally.

But, I also agree that most, if not all, of that list is fake. It's still pretty fun to think about, though.

But back to the idea of a new type... BECAUSE of how many Pokemon currently exist, I think this could be a very interesting time to get a new type--there's so many older Pokemon and moves that could get re-typed that I think it could really cause a stir. Which I would love to see happen.

I don't really see how it'd be more confusing now than it was back when Dark and Steel were introduced--they could simply retype a handful of Pokemon/moves like they did back then, they don't have to re-type hundreds of them.

For people who are new to the series it won't matter. For people who were introduced with Gen V, it'd just be another new mechanic to learn. For those of us who are old hands at the game, I don't see how it'd be super hard since I'd view it as an extension of just learning the new mechanics introduced anyway--kind of like when there's new a new battle type. With the introduction of triple and rotation battles, you had to think more carefully about your team arrangement and which moves you picked if you wanted to participate in those battles. Back when double battles were introduced, you had to learn how to have your two Pokemon work together against another two Pokemon.

For this, you'd just be learning how to work with and against a new type.

Especially if they DIDN'T re-type many or any old Pokemon. They could just re-type a handful or they could only have the new type added to new Pokemon.

I personally think that a new type wouldn't be that bad. I already heard from someone that dark type was supposed to be evil type, but was lost in translation. I don't know about that rumor, but it might be fake.

I can already name some candidates for retyping/making a dual type.

I personally think that a new type wouldn't be that bad. I already heard from someone that dark type was supposed to be evil type, but was lost in translation. I don't know about that rumor, but it might be fake.

It IS the "Evil" type in Japan. I'd imagine they went with "Dark" for the English-language releases due to a fear of moral guardians getting upset (at least, even more than some of them already were with Pokemon for whatever reason) or something. :B

They actually wouldn't have to give any old pokemon a new type. Like I said, in the past there were types that only had three pokemon (all in one evolutionary family) with it. So they could easily say there was a new type and it was only found in the one particular region.

They wouldn't even have to retype old moves. Again, with the dratini-dragonite there was only dragon rage at first, that was the only dragon type move.

I know the games have improved a lot since then and a lot has been introduced, but it's not so farfetched to introduce something new and have it pretty exclusive.

(Still don't want it xd.png Just making a case of why a new type could happen)

It IS the "Evil" type in Japan. I'd imagine they went with "Dark" for the English-language releases due to a fear of moral guardians getting upset (at least, even more than some of them already were with Pokemon for whatever reason) or something. :B

Yup! Very few moves are based off of actual darkness as they are "dirty fighting", pretty much. Which is why a noble/literal light light type would be so rad. =B

If "light" type is introduced, I'm hoping it will be super effective against dark and/or ghost...more so dark, I guess. Imo, dark/ghost pokemon (Sableye and Spiritomb) need to have a weekness. >.< I've battled them before and the fact that I couldn't land super effective hits bothered me. :| Then again, pure electric types with levitate don't have weakness either at the start of the match.

But whatever. Just my (not so great) opinion.

I would hope that Light and Dark are both equally as super-effective against each other to cancel each other out or balance, like yin/yang.

I would hope that Light and Dark are both equally as super-effective against each other to cancel each other out or balance, like yin/yang.

That would be really cool to see. I would LOVE to see that, really. Now you've said that, I just need it to happen. xd.png

I think Psychic sufficiently covers light type honestly.

wh how so...

Because see now all I can imagine is judges with a holy aura and telekinesis.

Also the Yin/Yang idea would be pretty rad. cool.gif

wh how so...

Because see now all I can imagine is judges with a holy aura and telekinesis.

Also the Yin/Yang idea would be pretty rad. cool.gif

...I read that as tentacles instead of telekenisis by mistake.

xd.png Which just makes me think of some holy squid Pokemon, which would be awesome.

I'm still a little bit meh on whether or not I want Light type, but what you guys are saying actually sounds pretty neat. Kinda leaning towards wanting it now, but I'm not positive it's gonna happen... still would be nice though. ouo

(holy squid pokemon yes please)

Edited by Switch