7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

It also used Trump Card. Which means they've only shown us normal type moves. Which could either mean it's definitely a normal type, or they're trying to throw us off/not spoil it by showing us a typed move.

The only thing I've heard that made me consider it might be flying is the saying "Love is in the air".

I think it's normal. Although, i think that a normal type eeveelution would LOOK like eevee, you know? Im leaning towards flying. The Ninfia/Sylveon in that video might be low-leveled so it didnt know any flying-type moves.

Those moves aren't enough to make me think normal.

You don't have to be normal type to use normal type moves, after all.

As of Black and White, the following Pokemon with Flying-Type can use Swift:

Zubat

Golbat

Ledyba

Ledian

Crobat

Skarmory

The following flying-types can use Double Edge:

Ledyba

Ledian

Togetic

Salamance

Hopip

Skiploom

Jumpluff

Gligar

Starly

Staravia

Staraptor

The following can learn Trump Card:

Farfetch'd

It should also be noted that Eevee can learn both Double Edge and Trump Card through level-up, and in Gen III and IV it could learn Swift, and it could learn it through TM in Gen I and II. It can also have Swift as a Dream World move.

So, those three moves could be simply indications that it's using moves Eevee is capable of learning and nothing about the moves it will learn or the type it will be.

(information may not be 100% complete, I'm too lazy to look too hard)

Edited by KageSora

I see swift, double edge, spark, trump card and some fire attack.

Perhaps it can use all of the attacks the other eevees can use, making it a jack-of-all-trades evolution.

Yeah, it's hard to guess based only on types--a lot of Pokemon can learn moves of different types, after all.

Yeah. Im pretty sure i saw Sylveon/Ninfia use a dark type move, or am I wrong? And there's already Umbreon. I wonder if they'll make a ghost eeveelution.

I'm hoping it's not ghost-type. I'm expecting a...cooler-looking ghost Eeveelution. >.>

Same with dragon and possibly steel.

Sylveon is too cutesy to be ghost-type, imo.

It's not a possessed vague foxthing skeleton and thus the thought of it being a Ghost Eevee is unacceptable to me. :I

...Doesn't look very ghostly anyways. :L

The only ghostly thing about it is it's pretty soulless looking eyes. Nothing going on up there.

I just think that if it were a flying type, I'd literally expect wings. Maybe I'm taking it too literal, but an eeveelution with wings would seem to be the best logical aesthetic choice.

I just think that if it were a flying type, I'd literally expect wings. Maybe I'm taking it too literal, but an eeveelution with wings would seem to be the best logical aesthetic choice.

Even though I personally believe sylveon is normal, I can at least vouch for flying pokemon not having wings.

Doduo, Dodrio, Gyarados (which I still have never understood where the flying came from, should have been water/dragon), Shaymin Sky Forme

Personally, I agree I'd think it would have wings.

There is, as you said, precedent for flying types not having wings. But having some ability to fly or glide would make more sense to me. It does't have to, of course.

...Especially not with the ribbons and bows of flesh that thing has. xd.png

Sylveon probably comes from Sylvia (Sylvea? I forget latin) which is a latin term for woodland or forest. The Japanese name Ninfia also seems to refer to this (Nymph being a forest spirit).

I wonder what that means.

That kinda makes no sense to me, since we already have a grass type.

I took Sylveon to be derived from sylph, and thus related to wind. No idea about the Japanese name, though.

That kinda makes no sense to me, since we already have a grass type.

I took Sylveon to be derived from sylph, and thus related to wind. No idea about the Japanese name, though.

Sylveon has always come off as more "Sylvan" than "sylph" to me, but it could go either way.

Ninfia is probably a reference to nymph, but nymphs are not exclusive forest creatures.

I'm almost certain it's Flying type, though a friend of mine is convinced it uses Focus Blast and therefore believes it too be Fighting type. Although like you all have said, that's not a solid indicator.

When I hear "sylph" I think of ghosts...because of the Silph Scope... *shot*

I really don't think Sylveon is ghost-type, though. I'm still torn between normal and flying.

Edit because I can't spell. -.-

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

Mostly, I just associated Sylph with the Summon Spirit of Wind from Tales of Symphonia (and other incarnations in other Tales games). According to Wikipidia, it's something to do with some invisible air spirits or something--can't quite remembe,r 5am brain is sleepy.

Those new graphics and 3d world definitely got me interested. The pokemon themselves, not so much, probably abunch of lame unoriginal reskins or some new object.