7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

I LOVE IT. 8D Can I have one please

also zovesta that sprite yes I love it. Everything about this fakemon is love.

If there's no holy light type squid in X and Y I am giving up on Pokemon for good. (no i'm not but still ;n;)

Edited by Switch

I think that, in all honesty, Game Freak should start looking at the fakemon people create. Many of them are absolutely fantastic rather than the more mediocre selection we've been getting recently.

That squid <3

I really do think it would be awesome if a fakemon got added! They really should do it... Maybe through a contest or something? It's a good idea, wonder why they haven't.

Wasn't Draco Meteor a fan designed move?

Just read it up, yes, it was the winner of a move-designing contest in 2006, where fans could design a move (x3)

They really should do this more with monsters. Get a bigger idea pool. There's only so much one team of designers can come up with. Throw in some fan designs and... epicsomness is created!

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Just read it up, yes, it was the winner of a move-designing contest in 2006, where fans could design a move (x3)

They really should do this more with monsters. Get a bigger idea pool. There's only so much one team of designers can come up with. Throw in some fan designs and... epicsomness is created!

Well, I'm sure they hire new designers. I mean, there was a new guy doing some lines in BW.

It would be great, though, if Game Freak/Nintendo had a Pokemon creation contest. The winner could get a free copy of the next-gen game and a tour of Game Freak studios or something, or a trip to one of the Pokemon Centers in Japan. It might help broaden the idea pool for new Pokemon; I think IGN complained that the Pokemon in Black and White were ugly compared to previous releases.

It might help broaden the idea pool for new Pokemon; I think IGN complained that the Pokemon in Black and White were ugly compared to previous releases.

...Wait, what do the opinions of some reviewer on IGN have to do with the "idea pool" apparently needing broadening? :N

I think IGN complained that the Pokemon in Black and White were ugly compared to previous releases.

lol find me more than ten people who aren't complaining about new gens and i'll give you a medal

Thanks Switch <3

I agree, some of the fakemon are just great. That crow with the hood just being one example. :>

...Wait, what do the opinions of some reviewer on IGN have to do with the "idea pool" apparently needing broadening? :N

I used the review I read on IGN as an example. I've spoken to other Pokefanatics who didn't like the new Black/White Pokemon as much as Pokemon from previous generations.

Perhaps I shouldn't have used this as an example of why a broadening of the idea pool would be a good idea. I was unaware new Pokemon always garnered complaints, although that doesn't surprise me.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Uglier? o_o

I think there are quite a few that are badass and lovely. There are "ugly" pokemon in every generation, really.

Besides, that's a subjective view on aesthetics, which really shouldn't be relied on to judge future or newer generations.

Really the only complaining I've ever really seen about newer generations is simply because the pokemon are different and not part of the "original 150".

I just hope there's fewer humanoid pokemon. Really tired of them. Seems too borderline slavery-thing type, I don't even know.

I just hope there's fewer humanoid pokemon. Really tired of them. Seems too borderline slavery-thing type, I don't even know.

This is my cue that it's time for a friendly reminder that, despite Pokemon being shown to be both pets and dear friends and in some cases having human-level or beyond human-level intelligence and ability to understand the world, people eat some of them! biggrin.gif

I'd be all for a contest, but I feel it would be unfair since it'd probably only be open to the Japanese since Pokemon, while an international hit, IS a Japanese game series.

Not necessarily! It's so big on an international level that people from all over could submit and join. I'm sure there are a few translators who wouldn't mind translating to Japanese, if needed.

I'd just be worried because there are a lot of companies that, while they recognize and want to expand their non-Japanese fanbase, still operate under the "We make these games for the Japanese. If non-Japanese people enjoy them, that's just a bonus" idea.

And I'd be a little concerned about how the Japanese fanbase would react to a non-Japanese winner.

I'm not terribly active in the Pokemon fanbase, so I don't know how that works especially internationally, but for some of the other fandoms I'm in... The Japanese portion is very xenophobic, some members of which go so far as to vocally indicate that if you're not Japanese, you don't deserve to enjoy Japanese-made games. Certain fandoms have more of those than others, dunno how the Pokemon's international fanbase gets along, or how much Nintendo would be willing to risk pissing off their Japanese fanbase in favor of the international community.

Since Pokemon is so big, they could probably risk it, other companies can't since the majority of their fans are Japanese...

I know there's probably people like that in western fandoms, too, I just mostly like the Japanese games so I see those fandoms more than those for western games, ahahah...

But, there's also the fact that Japan gets a ton more Pokemon stuff than those outside of Japan never see in any form. A Pokemon-creation competition wouldn't surprise me with being only open to Japanese fans. Unless they had like regional winners.

Ach, yeah, it's an unfortunate attitude. But don't they have an American Pokemon designer now? It must not be too extreme if they've got a 'Merican on board. Also, I'd think they would realize it would be a pretty smart business move considering just HOW popular Pokemon is everywhere lol

Like I said, I don't deal much with the Pokemon fanbase, so I dunno how receptive they are to the whole thing.

Certain fanbasees are more xenophobic than others--and that goes for both eastern and western fanbases. With Pokemon, being so big, they could probably survive it but it might be suicide for other companies.

With Pokemon, it might especially be easier if they had regional winners and there were multiple fan-designed Pokemon in the game, one per region, since they have regional tournaments and all.

Yeah, now that you mention it it does seem pretty likely it'll only be open to Japan. At least from how everything else goes. That would stink.

Personally I don't get the "all gen V pokemon are ugly and stink and terrible". I mean, I can totally understand not liking them because of personal preferences, but really bashing all of gen V seems kinda silly. Like it's been said before, people always complain about every new Pokemon gen and the general public would probably hate Gen I if it was released today and love Gen V if it was the first generation released. XD

I don't understand how you can say all gen V pokemon are terrible when you have cuties like Scolipede and Zoroark and white Kyurem (/biased) and Serperior and Hydreigon and Emboar (although I seem to be one of the few people who adores emboar) and yeah.

But to be honest there are very very few Pokemon I don't like. Only about three or four.

Edited by Switch

Like it's been said before, people always complain about every new Pokemon gen and the general public would probably hate Gen I if it was released today and love Gen V if it was the first generation released. xd.png

Lmao yeah exactly. 'Cause see I used to hate all the Pokemon after Gen 2 and that was... pretty much it exactly. I wasn't used to them, and my sister didn't like them, so I didn't like them. Didn't even bother giving them a chance. =n= Now the only pokemon I dislike is the sky form of Shaymin. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

And maybe some of the legendaries. I hate how cluttered so many of them are.

Point is, I like all of the Pokemon with few exceptions now, much like Switch.

pssst my mom and aunt love emboar

Generally, I'm neutral on most Pokemon. Well, I either like them or am neutral towards them. There's only a few I don't really like.

I just hate the people who refuse to see that there are similarities between the generations, and then bash anything that's not Gen 1. Genwunners suck.

I am willing to see at least SOME merit in any Pokemon that is not of the Lucario line. :B

I remember when the first bit of information got leaked about Gen IV (the starters, Buizel, Chatot, Weavile, and Munchlax, IIRC) when I was in elementary school. I thought all the leaked Pokemon looked stupid for like a day and then I was all over them. :V

Edited by Pika_Oi

I'm not such a big fan of the recent pokemon (Sjnce black and white), I still prefer the old generations...I mean some of the new designs look awesome, I admit it but most of it are just...not so good, I guess. Just an opinion, I mean, I'd still like to play it. ^^

It's one thing to not like some/most of the newer Pokemon because their designs just don't appeal to you.

It's entirely different to hate them simply because they're not the older Pokemon. THAT is the attitude that's a problem, not the disliking in and of itself. :3

lol what did lucario ever do to you

Yeah no that's cool Shy-Rox. B] I wouldn't even particularly care if someone just plain didn't have any new pokemon that appealed to them. It's just that whole "they aren't real POKEMON, they aren't like the good ol' days, they've run out of ideas" idea that's annoying.

orrr exactly what kagesora said yeah w/e

Edited by Zovesta

I wouldn't even particularly care if someone just plain didn't have any new pokemon that appealed to them. It's just that whole "they aren't real POKEMON, they aren't like the good ol' days, they've run out of ideas" idea that's annoying.

This is the opinion I've generally heard from people who don't like Gen V.

I loved Black/White and Black/White 2, and love all the Pokemon I've encountered in Unova. I'm guessing it's the change/new generation that gets under some people's skin with Pokemon, like the world they knew and loved has changed forever and gone with a new generation of games, so they won't like it no matter how good it is or how many new Pokemon are in it.

In terms of the Japanese market only appealing to Japanese players, I'm hoping games like Xenoblade: Chronicles and The Last Story will help the Japanese market be more receptive to making games for western audiences. I never even thought of Pokemon as a JRPG until one of my co-workers told me. xd.png