7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Sylveon~

Slyveon would be a good name for a poison type.

The nymph part in the french name makes me think "fairy" which makes me think clefary, which makes me think normal.

No, I don't think slyveon is gonna be a dragon, just meant that I was hoping they'd release a second eeveelution like they have before that is a dragon.

Be so sad if they don't.

and... As cute as slyveon is, I can't see those ribbons and bows as anything but skin growths and flesh. o_e it's a bit weird.

Maybe, I'd love to see a dragon eevee~

The skin growths thing is why I'm grossed out by scraggy/scrafty. They use stretchy skin as a hood/pants. XP I guess these creep me out less because they remind me of the "ribbons" on Milotic.

I think it's quite cute then again Milotic is one of my favorite pokemon. I try not to give pokemon real world logic that would just hurt my brain too much. Since I am so in love with Xerneas I must get Pokemon X but I may get Y later. I would love to see a dragon eevee too! Dragons are my favorite type after all. In every game I must get one on my team pronto.

Edited by Atreli

I really don't think we need an Eevee for EVERY Type though (Dragon could be neat if they do it right and give it reptillian characteristics as opposed to just gluing dragon wings on it and I still want a Bug Eevee though) x:

I don't think it's possible to have fifteen vague foxthings without getting really really redundant and it's already kind of ceasing to be clever

But they're popular so we're gonna get it anyways.

I want to stop being disappointed and just wait for designs I really really like to be inevitably revealed but GOD IT'S DIFFICULT

I really don't think we need an Eevee for EVERY Type though (Dragon could be neat if they do it right and give it reptillian characteristics as opposed to just gluing dragon wings on it and I still want a Bug Eevee though) x:

I don't think it's possible to have fifteen vague foxthings without getting really really redundant and it's already kind of ceasing to be clever

But they're popular so we're gonna get it anyways.

I want to stop being disappointed and just wait for designs I really really like to be inevitably revealed but GOD IT'S DIFFICULT

The reason dragon is a popular want is because a dragon eeveelution would properly complete the set. Right now the eeveelutions represent every special type (the types that originally used the special stat before special and physical were split by attack in gen 4) except for dragon. I don't think there needs to be an eeveelution for every type, but it would be nice to see the set completed.

Though foxes are my favorite animal, so I'm always happy to see fox pokemon. X3;

Edited by shikaru

Like I said, I wouldn't mind if they added new tpes. Just not too many at once. I personally don't mind if they add more, I like the added things to think about that a new type or two would add. But maybe that's just me. I honestly can't think of a type they'd add besides light, though.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Eeveelutions for very type--everybody's gonna have an Eeveelution they despise the look of, I think. I'm not terribly fond of Glaceon and Leafeon myself, but I adore Umbreon. xd.png

I'd love a dragon-type one so much, because dragon is my favorite.

I'm guessing this'll be flying. Slyveon just makes me think of Sylph, and then wind, and thus flying.

New types would throw the whole metagame out of whack is the problem, I can hear the mass complaints from competitive battlers already. Dark and Steel were added for balance reasons, I can't really think of a Type that needs balanced like Psychic did in Gen I...?

The only Eeveelution I'm particularly fond of is Vaporeon, the rest of them and ESPECIALLY this new one don't really do it for me. I do have a Flareon I'm particularly fond of due to obtaining it from a friend and training it a lot, but I'm not particularly fond of Flareon in general. :V

I think that logic could work, but Sylveon's other language names really suggest otherwise I think.

Really I'm just posting because you guys are driving me nuts with its name. Sylveon, not slyveon.

(not being totally serious here, don't take it personal, I just have, issues xd.png)

Though, I wish you guys hadn't pointed out to me that all those bows and stuff.... fur and flesh... creepy. (The ribbons not so much - there are plenty of animals with feelers and whiskers and stuff. But the ribbons...)

Always makes you wonder how 'mons like Hitmonchan, Jynx and Sawk/Throh got their clothes from, or if those all too are weird skin growths/fur/whatever.

I don't see a problem with eevee having an evolution for every type, it is the evolution pokemon after all. I just hope they won't neglect new pokemon for it though. I'd prefer to see only a two types per gen release (which yes, means they'd have to release a lot of gens to get all of the types)

The "slyveon" is bothering me, too xd.png Sounds like a dark or ghost type.

I'm sticking with either Flying or a new type, something like that has to do with Celestial or Mystic or fairy or something. The "Sylph" definitely makes me think so. There's also speculation that it'll be a female-only Eeveelution, for various reasons, and that there might be a second that's based on masculinity.

Edit: I don't think the bows/ribbons are creepy in the slightest. It's just a physical feature, clothe resemblance or not. Plenty of the other pokemon have similar features so I don't see anything particularly "gross" about Sylveon's.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

"Slyveon" makes me think "Slitheon," which would be a pretty cool name for a Poison or Dragon Eevee. NAGAFOX.

New types would throw the whole metagame out of whack is the problem, I can hear the mass complaints from competitive battlers already. Dark and Steel were added for balance reasons, I can't really think of a Type that needs balanced like Psychic did in Gen I...?

The only Eeveelution I'm particularly fond of is Vaporeon, the rest of them and ESPECIALLY this new one don't really do it for me. I do have a Flareon I'm particularly fond of due to obtaining it from a friend and training it a lot, but I'm not particularly fond of Flareon in general. :V

Personally, I think if they did it well they could not throw the balance out COMPLETELY--especially if they introduced a second type that helped keep things balanced. Or it could, if done badly, throw everything out of whack.

I personally like the challenge of adjusting to a new addition to game mechanics like a new type would add. Re-adjusting your strategies to take into account the altered information, figuring out the new best way to go about things... I like it a lot, personally, and would love to have a new type to work with.

Well yeah it would probably be fun to have a new type

But a ton of people would probably complain is what I'm getting at

Although I guess if not that they'd complain about other things

Like the fact that Garbodor exists which is a complaint that I do not understand but one that seems to be everpresent

They'll complain about anything. If the battle mechanics got an overhaul, they'd complain. If they shuffled move types around a bit, they'd complain.

I, personally, don't see how adding a new type is TONS different than adding new moves/changing the movesets of old Pokemon/tweaks to existing moves.

Both add a new aspect that you need to take into account when competitively battling. When they change moves a little, you still need to readjust your strategies to take into account altered stats and such, or when they add new moves you need to take into account all the new ways to use them and defend against them--just like if they added a new type.

Yes, a new type is more intense a change than new moves, but it's the same basic idea--you'll have to do some changing of your gameplay to take the new stuff into account.

Hell, just adding new Pokemon does that--you need to know what's out there, how it handles, what people are likely to choose, how to counter the most common things you'll find, and what team works best together, etc. You need to learn new stats so you know what moves to use and how to train the new Pokemon to take advantage of their strengths and to compensate for their weaknesses.

True, I suppose. Adding a new Type would be a gigantic change though, adding a type like Light would probably change the typing of quite a few Pokemon and moves in addition to new Pokemon and moves of that Type, so it'd probably take quite a bit more getting used to than new moves and Pokemon do, especially since any Pokemon that change Types would probably cause confusion for awhile. (Also, Light as a Type might steal Solarbeam, which has been a Grass-Type staple for a long time now. I'd assume they wouldn't do that, but there's a possibility. :N)

It IS a bigger change, but the way I see it, it's just an extension of the changes that are already inevitable.

And SolarBeam works as a Grass-type, I think. I suppose they could change it. To me, it would make more sense to change hyper-beam to light-type, since that's just a generic beam attack.

That does make sense. That, to me, just adds to the idea that it could be flying. Which would work well if it was the only one released this gen, too.

I watched the new video on Sylveon a few minutes ago...and I just looked at that picture...I'm leaning towards flying, now. :/

I still think it looks normal-ish, but the video did make me think flying-type. And there's that picture. Then again, as it has been stated before, wouldn't a normal-type Eeveelution look more like Eevee itself?

Maaaaybe it is flying.

Also, it's starting to grow on me. I still don't think I'll use one, but I don't find it quite as...bleh as I thought originally.

I watched the new video on Sylveon a few minutes ago...and I just looked at that picture...I'm leaning towards flying, now. :/

I still think it looks normal-ish, but the video did make me think flying-type. And there's that picture. Then again, as it has been stated before, wouldn't a normal-type Eeveelution look more like Eevee itself?

Maaaaybe it is flying.

Also, it's starting to grow on me. I still don't think I'll use one, but I don't find it quite as...bleh as I thought originally.

Video? Why is youtube failing me? Halp.

But yeah it definitely does make sense that way. But are they really only introducing one?

It would make sense for a normal-type Eeveelution to look more like an Eevee, but I suppose it doesn't HAVE to.

@Minerva--it's still too soon to tell. So far, it's the only one announced. This could be the only one, or they could announce another one later on. As for the video,

. I should watch that later...

For a short moment I thought the new eevee was a "heart" reference to Captain Planet. *this close*

For a short moment I thought the new eevee was a "heart" reference to Captain Planet. *this close*

That would be hilarious and wonderful.

I like the new Eeveelution(I want a party with it and Milotic! ;D), I just really, really hope it's not Normal. Personally I don't think there needs to be a Normal Eeveelution, since Eevee is normal. I just want an Eeveelution for all types(except Normal), especially Dragon. tongue.gif

Ok it's pink and has bows seriously. I think it might be a normal type just because it's pink.It might be flying like other people suggested though.