7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

To fully EV train my Pokémon takes me aboput 20-50 minutes depending on the Pokémon's "ball ability." Osama Heliolisk took me a while but Nala the Pyroar was easy.

So far my Wonder Trade playthrough has been fun! The only part I I didn't like was the guilt sending all those level 3 worthless Pokes out over Wonder Trade. :/

Oh an by the way, I was going to do a wonder trade playthrough... but then I ended up with 6 caterpies.

but Butterfree's a BEAST.

Sleep lock with sleep powder, confusion for damage, Infestation, and supersonic for annoyance. Not to mention that it's got several resistances to common types.

(Also there's a button that let's you edit posts. there's no need to double post if yours was the last post.)

Edited by sailing101

I did some mass wonder trading today. I got a fairly good mix of 'mons. A couple friend safari exclusives (snorunt and munna) and some that I hadn't caught yet.

(Of course I got a fair share of caterpie and flabebe)

I don't even bother sending "junk" pokemon back through wonder trade. I either release them or keep them for lotto ID chances.

So now I'm still breaking from breeding aron, and am now breeding togepi, need one with a bold nature and serene grace. Going to build a brutal togekiss tank.

Also talking to some people, I'm having second thoughts on using abomasnow.

My team is being

Aggron, Scizor, Gengar, Togekiss, Gyarados, Abomasnow.

But I'm concerned about the weaknesses abomasnow has.

Any good suggestions on a replacement mon for it?

I need at least something that will cover water types (Gengar will have an electric attack but if gengar goes out I'm not doing so hot against water) and needs to be able to use earthquake.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

My weaknesses are always fighting types, I never have many counters to fighting types except the ghost types on my teams.

My first (competitive) team

Empoleon

Gliscor

Gallade

Aggron

Tyranitar

Garchomp

2nd Team

Hydreigon

Chandelure

Ferrothorn

Beartic

Gigalith

Scolipede (see many fighting weeknesses)

3rd team

Kabutops

Arcanine

Accelgor

Electivire

Weavile

Flygon (not many have high enough defense to counter fighting types and 2 are bad against them)

Current Team

Cheasnaught

Malamar

Heliolisk

Aurorus

Pyroar

Aegislash (1/2 of these are weak to fighting, a lot of them have low defenses and Aurorus can barely survive a focus blast from yveltal with lightscreen on with full HP. After that shot 46 HP left)

Edited by nicknick88

I looked at gogoat, I might consider that one.

I'm also considering Goodra, it can learn thunderbolt and earthquake. I just get nervous with fairy type now and megas with dragon type moves.

Gogoat isn't bad, (I'm trying to avoid the uber tier, sans megas). Got a good movepool and a decent attack stat.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

THe HP on Gogoat though. Its attack is slightly above average and the HP is very high, but the rest of its stats are okay. Its like samurott only slightly weaker but REALLY high HP. I don't think I would use it though.

Goodra is also a good choice. It seems like it would make a fairly okay mixed sweeper. Venasaur is also a fairly good choice if you're going for a mixed sweeper.

I love that gogoat can learn milk drink, which is ok for the females, but the males....

And randomly surf and an electric move

It'll be a long time before I even get the 'mons I need for the rest of my team so I'll think between goats, goo dragons, and venus saurs :'D

Greninja and Delphox are great special sweepers(Their only real difference is that their special attack and speed stat are inversed, Delphox has high SpAtt and high but not as high speed and Greninja is high speed and high but not as high special attack). CHesnaught is a great physical wall and staller not to mention it can set up spikes and it has access to its own special protect and leech seed. ANd with moves like seed bomb and Wood Hammer, and Power up punch it can easily deal good damage with its high attack stat. You guys, Malamar + Focus sash + Topsy-Turvy+Superpower+COntrary= instauber. nuff said

Ah I see Goodra can learn sludge wave/bomb, that can take out any fairies opposing it. Also a fire move to take out ice types, and earthquake because need earthquake and dragon to get STAB and kill other dragons

(so long as I don't forget again that dragon doesn't work on fairy...)

OH GOSH IT'S HAPPENING

user posted image

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

In that case you want a brave or lonely goodra. I would like my Goodra to be a special wall so mine is probably going to be sassy, because its special defense is super high. Its SpAtt is only slightly higher than its Att so it doesn't make a huge difference what kind of sweeper it is but its speed is low and its defense mediocre.

PS

And for Pokémon with high attack stat it has access to counter

Edited by nicknick88

Anyone want to help me?

I was planning on training to Heliolisks. One as a hit and runner the other as my own special strategy STRICTLY for double battles.

Here is this ones strategy. Due to its great speed it would use electrify on an offensive threat. I would have a Marowak or a Manetric (something with the ability lightning rod) So it would take the hit, and not do damage to the Marowak. Then the Marowak holding a thick club would take out other threats. But then for my Heliolisk how'd it be EV trained? +Speed+Defense, +Speed+SpDef , +Speed,+SpAtt??? And then what would be a good personality for it? And more importantly is it even a good strategy for double battling, lol?

Greninja and Delphox are great special sweepers(Their only real difference is that their special attack and speed stat are inversed, Delphox has high SpAtt and high but not as high speed and Greninja is high speed and high but not as high special attack). CHesnaught is a great physical wall and staller not to mention it can set up spikes and it has access to its own special protect and leech seed. ANd with moves like seed bomb and Wood Hammer, and Power up punch it can easily deal good damage with its high attack stat. You guys, Malamar + Focus sash + Topsy-Turvy+Superpower+COntrary= instauber. nuff said

Have you guys seen Protean Greninja though? Protean transforms the user to the type of the move they're using, and it's great, because instastab. You can also spinblock with shadow sneak, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of now.

Also I'm running a Malamar right now actually, with Leftovers and Psycho Cut/Night Slash/Superpower/Topsy-Turvy. Its only faults are its really mediocre speed and the fact that it gets killed in one or two good hits (or just, like, a single U-turn). But god dammit it's a squid pokemon and I don't even care I am going to use it forever.

user posted image

Only took about 200 eggs |D She's the right nature, but wrong ability

Oh, well. At least I got a dream shiny.

I-I finally did it, I know I only posted here once about my shiny hunting for a shiny fennekin, but aaaah I got the shiny Braixen!!

user posted image

and I've named him Vivian after the Vivian in paper mario(Since in the original Vivian is male). This is the first shiny I've gotten that I was specifically hunting for and Delphox is my most favourite Pokemon. ;u;

I have like 7 other shinies respectively though(Watchog, Kingdra, Chimecho, Ambipom, Rapidash, Petilil, and Vullaby).

Eh, I'm not really focusing on shinies--IVs right now for me. So far, I have a Tyranitar with 6 perfect IVs, and a Gardevoir and Charizard with 5 perfects, both missing attack. Gardevoir doesn't need a perfect attack stat, but I'm beginning to wonder if I should try for a Charizard with one. Earthquake would be great coverage for Rock types, after all. I haven't yet figured out what I plan to do with Charizard's moveset, but I've decided Gardevoir's and Tyranitar's.

Gardevoir (modest) has 252 Special Attack EVs, 252 Speed EVs, and 6 HP EVs. Her moves are Shadow Ball/Moonblast/Psychic/Dazzling Gleam. I haven't trained her to a high enough level yet, but my level 93 one from my playthrough was a tank in battles with others (most of the time tongue.gif) despite her lack of good IVs and an awful nature.

Turanitar (adamant) has 252 Attack EVs, 252 Speed EVs, and 6 HP EVs. His moves are Rock Slide/Aerial Ace/Crunch/Earthquake. Aerial Ace covers Flying types, and the rest are just AWESOME. Using Meg Tyranitar is OMG SO AMAZING!!! It's like controlling Godzilla, except it has GIANT SPIKES sticking out of its back. It's every child's dream.

Edited by PieMaster

I think the ability capsule you can buy with 200BP in the Battle Maison can make a Pokemon switch between abilities? If so that's actually really helpful wow.

Just downloaded Y onto my 3DS. I can't wait to play it. I have no idea what to expect going into it. Wish me luck!

I think the ability capsule you can buy with 200BP in the Battle Maison can make a Pokemon switch between abilities? If so that's actually really helpful wow.

correct it can switch it between its hidden ability and a normal ability, bu Im not sure about between natural abilities but its possible

I heard the opposite; between natural abilities, but NOT hidden.