7Deadly$ins

Pokemon X and Y

Was the Elite Four more easy this game? :/ I obliterated them all and the Champion with ease.

I thought they were fairly easy, but I was around level 71 when I took them on so I guess that's a little over powered considering the champion's highest level pokemon is 68 (though a mega, but if you have a dark type move you can easily OHKO it)

Also I feel like most of the E4 used to have at least five pokemon? Not sure when they cut it down to four each.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed that upon rechallenge they don't have more pokemon/stronger teams. I liked that feature...

(edit: Apparently in Black and White they first did this, but in BW they did the added/stronger pokemon feature so it was nulled)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I was finally lucky with the Friend Safari tonight and I got my very first shiny from it, shiny Shuppet <3. I wanted one of these for ages, back in Ruby/Sapphire, but never got to hunt them before my batteries died sleep.gif.

Anyways, I just did a quick evolution to Banette so I could show off the Mega evolution to my friend:

user posted image

<3

Oh very awesome. Mega banette is personally my favorite of the mega evolutions.

I wanted one for team 2 but gengar fit the spot better.

I didn't get my shiny gengar, but I did get a gengar with a modest nature and her characterstic is mischevious, which means she'll have an INSANE special attack stat. Which is good, all the moves I want on her are special attack.

Of course I'll be super training for Special attack and speed, and whatever leftover will be HP.

But the biggest dillema is..... what do I name her D:

/will probably end up with a chemistry name because that's what I should be doing :'D

My favorite mega is Venasaur

Also, about the characteristic, I thought those only told you which IV was highest? Which, I think, is why my Weavile is capable of taking hits, 31 defense IVs. (And 30 attack biggrin.gif)

Was the Elite Four more easy this game? :/ I obliterated them all and the Champion with ease.

Yea it was pretty easy. But how did the champion mega evole? The champion has no mega ring.

Yea it was pretty easy. But how did the champion mega evole? The champion has no mega ring.

The champion mega evolves?! *Gasps* Wow, do they look really epic? tongue.gif JK

In answer to your question, they probably just have a super strong connection to their _____ and that lets them mega evolve it *Has no real clue and is just making things up*

It's the EXP Share. Since it's no longer a held item, everyone just levels up SO much easier. I blew through the gyms like a hot knife through butter. And then, I took out the Elite Four on my first attempt.

Look what's around her neck c:

user posted image

*sly look left*

*sly look right*

*hangs head*

I'm planning to start a nuzlocke run for Y this week. I keep thinking about how fun it might be to write a 'journal kept by the character' style blog to chronicle how it goes. Nothing super dark in tone- I'm tired of the overly dark and gory nuzlockes. Throw in a less depressing but interesting twist, where instead of dying a Pokemon that faints can no longer trust or recognize its trainer and must immediately be given away and never seen again for the former trainer's own safety.

...Except I'm really, really hung up over feeling stupid for potentially being a twenty-eight year-old with a Pokemon-fic blog. *headdesks*

Does anyone even read written nuzlocke chronicles? Can someone please either tell me this is a stupid idea and put me out of my misery, or pat me on the back and tell me they think I should go for it?

Also, Draco Knight's question from earlier-

Right before it evolved the text said it was reacting to 'the Mega Stone in the Champion's charm', and she did have a funny looking little gold necklace, so I guess they're saying she had one there? Don't ask me why everyone made such a fuss over there being only one of these Mega Stones, and then suddenly we're getting jumped by Mega Boss Fights in the basement and at the end of the Four.

Edit: I was ninjad by Tazzay as I typed this answer. Whoops?

Well done providing a pic to illustrate the point!

Edited by Quis

Oh very awesome. Mega banette is personally my favorite of the mega evolutions.

I wanted one for team 2 but gengar fit the spot better.

I didn't get my shiny gengar, but I did get a gengar with a modest nature and her characterstic is mischevious, which means she'll have an INSANE special attack stat. Which is good, all the moves I want on her are special attack.

Of course I'll be super training for Special attack and speed, and whatever leftover will be HP.

But the biggest dillema is..... what do I name her D:

/will probably end up with a chemistry name because that's what I should be doing :'D

Yeah, good names are tough, but maybe you could type ghost into a thesaurus search engine and go from there? happy.gif

Is anybody else getting a LOT of critical captures

It keeps happening to me

It never happened to me ever in B/W/B2/W2 but it's happened like five times now during this playthrough

Look what's around her neck c:

user posted image

Noo you should have gave a spoiler link! Maybe everyone who will see this thread already beat the champ.

Noo you should have gave a spoiler link! Maybe everyone who will see this thread already beat the champ.

Well you should've known from the start because you can see it quite easily, so it's no spoiler, lol

...Except I'm really, really hung up over feeling stupid for potentially being a twenty-eight year-old with a Pokemon-fic blog. *headdesks*

Don't worry about it. Age shouldn't matter over all when playing games aimed towards children. If you enjoy it enjoy it. Ignore anyone who says otherwise. I'm 22 and don't care who in the world knows I still play Pokemon and enjoy Digimon and several other things from my childhood still today.

Also is it worth EV training a level 100 pokemon? I want to continue my game but since I am trying to figure out how to EV train pokemon properly it's kinda stalled and I have some I'd like to reset at some point.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Whoo, for the first time in my Pokemon playing life, one of my pokemon has Pokerus xd.png And it's a Larvesta, I'm okay with this xd.png

Don't worry about it. Age shouldn't matter over all when playing games aimed towards children. If you enjoy it enjoy it. Ignore anyone who says otherwise. I'm 22 and don't care who in the world knows I still play Pokemon and enjoy Digimon and several other things from my childhood still today.

Also is it worth EV training a level 100 pokemon? I want to continue my game but since I am trying to figure out how to EV train pokemon properly it's kinda stalled and I have some I'd like to reset at some point.

EVs only fully apply at level 100, so yeah. But you'll have to reset the EVs they already have.

Whoo, for the first time in my Pokemon playing life, one of my pokemon has Pokerus xd.png And it's a Larvesta, I'm okay with this xd.png

I had a full Party with Pokerus. I think the only one that STILL has it now is Lucario, though. And that's only because I put it into the PC to keep it.

I'm planning to start a nuzlocke run for Y this week.

I don't know if you've heard of this before, but another cool option similar to nuzlocke is the wonder trade challenge.

Basically, you get your starter and catch 5 more pokemon. Then you wonder trade them all, and you have to beat the game with only those 6 pokemon.

so basically.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Lawl, omg. Bidoof. They're cute but for some reason I can't stand being anywhere NEAR them.

It may be because they traumatized me with their "debut" in D/P, in which they were everywhere.

so basically.

Lol. Well, it's optional to send back duplicates so you can at least have 6 unique pokemon. Also, I've gotten lots of wonderful stuff from wonder trade; I guess it just depends on your luck.

Wonder trade has gotten better now that people are breeding pokemon and sending off breed-fails en masse

There's still a good amount of elemental monkies and lv 3 caterpie going out, but the good is getting there.

EVs only fully apply at level 100, so yeah. But you'll have to reset the EVs they already have.

Okay cuz I was reading on a different page about them not being applied then because they cannot level at all.

Wonder trade has gotten better now that people are breeding pokemon and sending off breed-fails en masse

There's still a good amount of elemental monkies and lv 3 caterpie going out, but the good is getting there.

I don't know if it's just me, but I often find that people send out their breed-fails at the top of the hour. I've gotten lots of starters and good things when I wonder trade around x:00-x:10