WatersMoon110

Who Has a Holly?

Do you have a Holly Dragon or egg?  

1,193 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have my first holly now, because nepenthe.catharsis is awesome!! (After she caught her first holly egg ever, she gifted me the second one. ^__^)

I got my first holly last year. ' w'/

Its lineage is not the greatest but I still love him. I also have a frozen one and a new addition due to the breed limits being lifted.

after being Holly-less all these years...i finally have one, thanks to a very generous and kind person...the elusive Holly is no longer elusive smile.gif

Another Christmas season trying to catch a Holly in the AP, and no luck. Always too many people there trying at the same time. Oh well maybe next year.

There are TONS of Hollys on the click sites. It makes me think maybe, maybe I have a chance at grabbing one ! . . .

but then again I have to work today and am getting married on Saturday tongue.gif so maybe not.

edit: thanks to Pokegirl I am no longer holly-less! thank you!!!!!

Edited by Yggijo

I have two now, thanks to two very generous members <3

Also Yggijo, congrats! Hope your wedding is fantastic!

I am wondering...with the breed limits currently down, if a "holly lineage project" would be possible/useful...

My holly will be an adult in about 12 hours, so...and that is my motivation to keep looking for other holly dragons...

Edited by NecronLordofLawtan

I haven't had any kind of luck getting a holly this year haha. I'm accepting defeat and hoping to grab one next year I guess:P

I have two adults I was gifted two years ago. Haven't caught any this year. Congrats to those who have!

I did breed my two (messy) ones together this year because I was PM'ing with somebody who misunderstood and lost theirs. It bred three IIRC.

I have one from last year, which bred three eggs. I have yet to catch any this year. Was hoping to get one from a female line so I could have a pair. Oh well.

Last year I caught a 6th gen, nothing fancy. Bred him and he released 3 eggs, one I kept to freeze for a hatchi.

This year I caught a 2nd gen (woohoo!) and she turned out female.

Next year I hope to have some luck in catching another 2nd gen for breeding.

Why would people breed them less because they couldn't keep them? That's what you used to do with Christmas dragons.

Because breeding them without being able to keep them is basically just clicking a bunch of buttons with no benefits to the users whatsoever. This isn't exactly a world coated in sugar (and diabetes) that everyone is super-nice.

Oh and back on topic: Got two last year, both have good lineages. Aside from the offspring from one of my own hollies, I basically hoarded messy hollies intentionally.

user posted image

I have a Holly but froze it accidently thinking it was my yulebuck because the pic didnt come up! So now i am in departures, take an egg leave an egg and the AP in all my spare time trying to catch one so i can have an adult! I am soooo stupid!

Because breeding them without being able to keep them is basically just clicking a bunch of buttons with no benefits to the users whatsoever. This isn't exactly a world coated in sugar (and diabetes) that everyone is super-nice.

Being nice to others is kind of the point of Christmas.

Edited by Charity322

Being nice to others is kind of the point of Christmas.

... to you.

Many don't care.

Got these two from trading, an IOU for a 3G Holly Thuwed next year, and this from a seriously kind person. smile.gif

EDIT: This is my first Christmas here in Dragon Cave. biggrin.gif

Edited by Evolette

I caught this Holly last year, and this year haven't been lucky so far with catching a nicely lineaged one.

Though I was gifted this one as a thank you gift by one kind person biggrin.gif and also managed to get myself a checkered 4th gen Holly via trading.

So my dream of a 3d Even Gen Holly is still a dream. It seems I cannot compete with that many people hunting in the AP ninja.gif Well, probably next year I'll have my dream come true. Or in two years. Or in three :3

Hopefully, with Hollies becoming more and more available each year their rarity will decrease, as will their prices wink.gif

Merry Christmas to everyone! I wish all DC-people's dreams about Hollies could come true!!

Edit

I'm now sitting with my jaw dropped, as I've just caught a 3d gen stairstep Holly! ohmy.gif

Probably, will try to exchange it for a 3 Even Gen one (my dream ^^), but will happily keep it too, as it's my luckiest hatch so far! biggrin.gif

Edited by Ae0nian

I traded for a Holly last year after trying and failing for 4 years to catch one on the AP. Bred her this year, got 4 eggs, and was going to keep one but saw a trade offer of two PB 2nd gen coppers for any Holly and couldn't say no.

Caught two new Hollys on the AP. One 6th gen even, and one 3rd gen two breed. Next year I'm going to keep one egg from each of the hollys I have now to make a total of 6, but not AP hunt again, for hollys anyway. Will leave those for others.

Edited by Arkacia

With 18 hours to go I managed to trade for a messy Holly. I'm happy; I now have a pair. <3