TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

I am having fun with the Christmas event smile.gif This is my first Christmas here and I was given a Holly as an early birthday/Christmas gift from a good friend. However I wanted a second one (who doesn't?!!?) and I saw one in the AP at the same time I had a seizure ><

That led me to wonder what is worse missing a Holly because you are too slow or missing one because your body said one is good enough lol

Just an observation and if I don't get a second this year well there is always next year and the year after that wink.gif

Thank you again for all of the Christmas fun TJ and crew I am loving it smile.gif

Eep~! That's a very beautiful Snow Angel~!

My Snow Angels haven't mature yet, but I'm excited to know what wings it'll have! I hope it's the one with full gold wings~!

^^, I hope you get the gold one, though they're just pretty in general. smile.gif

Heading out, have a great night/morning.

Either TJ has some very interesting recipes for chocolate, stock or bread dough, or I suck at virtual cooking xd.png

Other than that, I love this whole concept! Well done everyone who participated in creating this!

Edit: if I want to create a new ingredient, do I use preparation recipe or oven recipe? And what do the knife, star and fire symbols mean? Figured it out smile.gif

Edited by Mirhana

Finished all my cooking and baking for the raffle and now I just can´t wait for the new Holiday Dragons to arrive!!

Stalking the AP as well, but there are many many past Holiday eggs. So I decided not to breed mine yet. But I am happy to see that there are definitely more Holly eggs this year - although I am way too slow to catch one. Well, will keep trying!

Happy Holidays to all of you and good luck hunting and cooking!

Either TJ has some very interesting recipes for chocolate, stock or bread dough, or I suck at virtual cooking xd.png

Other than that, I love this whole concept! Well done everyone who participated in creating this!

Edit: if I want to create a new ingredient, do I use preparation recipe or oven recipe? And what do the knife, star and fire symbols mean?

It depends what ingredient you're making tongue.gif They all need different things and different methods.

The knife means it's a preparation recipe; the star is a "red star recipe" - once you make ONE of these recipes, you have one raffle ticket in the raffle (see the first page); the fire means it's an oven recipe.

You can only make the red star recipes if you have the recipe card though (you can find them as you found the basic ingredients - scattered around Dragon Cave).

[You can check this spoiler page for all the information on the recipes and how to make them.]

Can't wait for the new dragons... I'm going to try breeding my Christmas dragons later on today :3

Thank you all for the help! <3

...On a side note, has anyone ever tried making bread with eggs as this site says you should? Some of the recipes are not quite what I'm used to xd.png

Hey, I'm getting used to this.

Edited by Mirhana

Thank all for the help! <3

...On a side note, has anyone ever tried making bread with eggs as this site says you should? Some of the recipes are not quite what I'm used to xd.png

Hey, I'm getting used to this.

no they aren't cooking knowledge makes you overthink it xd.png

Example is I kept trying to "bloom" yeast(water+yeast) along with adding the usual flour and whatnot to make bread dough.

As far as eggs for bread dough, perhpas a non rising "dough" for like bannana bread etc. *shrug*

Or closest would probably be something along the lines of a pasta dough. (don't think pizza has eggs)

*thinking to much* sleep time! .o0O(*zzz)

Edit: One more thought Egg bread! (I looked it up to be sure).

oh and my being half greek reminded me. Greek Easter Bread has eggs to.

(yeesh why didn't I think of all this before, I was just as baffled about the eggs to! lol )

Edited by Erithan

OMG OMG OMG!!! I can't believe it!!

I was gifted a Holly!!! Freaking fantastic!!!

Thank You, boscodelta, Thank You... biggrin.gif

I'm still going to try for one more to have a pair...

was it ever answered on whether the new egg drops as midnight tonight, which would be tomorrow technically, or midnight tomorrow which would techinically be the 26th?

omg for us aussie's its cristmas in 2 hours(12 in morning), i wont wake up till 9 hours more(7 am), oh and one more thing: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

(oh the reason for caps is because it is christmas tomorrow)

was it ever answered on whether the new egg drops as midnight tonight, which would be tomorrow technically, or midnight tomorrow which would techinically be the 26th?

Midnight 25th is the start of a drop. It'll last for the next three days.

omg for us aussie's its cristmas in 2 hours(12 in morning), i wont wake up till 9 hours more(7 am), oh and one more thing: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

(oh the reason for caps is because it is christmas tomorrow)

Not for me, I live on the otherside of australia, I have 4.5 hrs yet >.< AND apparently my mother is waking us up at 5.30 tomorrow >.>

so that would be midnight tonight then, which would technically be midnight the 25th?

so that would be midnight tonight then, which would technically be midnight the 25th?

Yes.

I have a feeling that I've been trolled. Hard.

EDIT: The hell? How come they are breedable?

Edited by PointOfOrigin

i wonder if the new 2012 christmas dragon can be incubated, it would be good(for me)(and other people)

Yes.

EDIT: The hell? How come they are breedable?

As I can see, it's their first egg, and the holiday breeding season didn't end yet.

Edit - derp, now I get it, the parents grew up this year. Weird.

zorua9 - all dragons can be incubated, no exceptions. c: As long as you have some active Reds.

Edited by Light Concorde

Nope, I was wondering that as well :P

As for the inaccurate recipes on Dragon Cave, me and my friend were discussing how baking sugar would result in burnt sugar - not caramel XD

i've gotten all the basic ingredients for the cooking event, and even some of the recipe cards, however i can't participate as none of the elements work. the scroll bar doesn't work, nor can i select ingredients or recipes.

i looked back through the pages on here, and saw someone had a similar problem and someone answered it saying the game runs on java, but my problem is that i have the latest version of java and it's currently enabled, as well as compatible with my browser. i'd really appreciate some help on this!!

i've gotten all the basic ingredients for the cooking event, and even some of the recipe cards, however i can't participate as none of the elements work. the scroll bar doesn't work, nor can i select ingredients or recipes.

i looked back through the pages on here, and saw someone had a similar problem and someone answered it saying the game runs on java, but my problem is that i have the latest version of java and it's currently enabled, as well as compatible with my browser. i'd really appreciate some help on this!!

Change the browser then. Clean cache etc.

Change the browser then. Clean cache etc.

i've cleaned the cache, and that didn't work.

however, i tried changing the browser and that fixed the problem!

thank you very much. c:

Edited by catmosphere

Still no luck, still no holly... I've been trying for so long it's not even funny anymore. Oh well, maybe next year?

Hailwidis~> Same here. Let's not lose hope!

I have the same bug as mentionned above with my Winter Magis. They grew up this morning and they CAN breed! I don't get it, the other holiday dragon species are locked alright, but the winter magis can breed ._.

I'd love to breed my Winter Magis because their eggs might make someone very happy, but if this is a bug, then I'm not sure that I want to exploit it... What should I do?

Shouldn't this bug be reported...?