TJ09

2012-12-18 - 2012 Holiday Event

Well, looks like I'll not be getting a holly dragon, for like the fourth year in a row.

EDIT: Fifth, actually

Edited by Cod Cod

those Holly eggs in the wilderness wow they produced 4 What a beautiful par of parents, wouldnt that be something if they show up in the ap for us to grab?

How can you get an egg in the wild anyway?

You can't - they're gone. Which is a shame, as some poor christmas eggs have been dumped in there :'(

Just discovered that I have an IOU trade for a Holly... and now I'm getting one! I wouldn't say it's the best Christmas ever because I say that every year xd.png

(... Looks like I Owe You again... It's a Holly, seriously!)

Good luck to everyone else and for all the people who are having Christmas already (timezones e_e), merry Christmas :]

How can you get an egg in the wild anyway?

Wild dragons used to breed on their own when the AP was empty (since back in the day there wasn't enough eggs) and the eggs would go directly to the AP for users to catch. Back then you could catch impossible combinations (like offspring from splits X other breeds). Nowadays, there's enough eggs for everyone, so the wild breeding were disabled.

That Holly egg I showed has three sibling; two went to the AP, while the other two stayed in the wilderness. That said, even if they never show up in the AP, we should make sure that they grow up. Afterall, you never know, maybe next year we catch their offsprings in the AP biggrin.gif

I see, how sad, thank you for all your kind responds, I'm still Empty on Holly, i see them in AP, but they are gone even if i manage to click on one sad.gif

Cooking event finished! Wow I started very late and I really didn't think I was going to make it before Christmas - the Gingerbread House recipe was the very last thing that dropped laugh.gif Though I did have to refer to the cheat sheet for several of them. (lemon curd? unsure.gif) Thank you everyone who worked on this event! smile.gif

My Holly hatchie should gender sometime soon :3 Still on the lookout for a 2nd Holly, though I'm seeing none xd.png Congrats to whomever got a wilderness born one, so cool! :3 Edited by FluffyPillow

My egg was born from the wild. Pretty neat lineage. I mean, this is my first Holly, so i'm not sure what is a rare lineage and such. But I consider myself so lucky to have gotten this little boy. I will cherish him forever. wub.gif

D'you suppose the wild eggs get diverted to AP to make up the ratios? And gosh...would LOVE some of that sweet, sweet 2nd gen Holly action. wub.gif

Really enjoying this event, can't wait for midnight tonight! ninja.gif

Still can't let go of the hope of getting a holly. xd.png

Most of the hollies in the wild are pretty messy X'D

I can't wait for midnight. actually, 11 for me. I generally stay up a bit late on Christmas Eve anyway biggrin.gif

I can't beleive I didn't know this was going on for A WEEK! No way will I even get close to a gingerbread house. No achievement for me.

I'm never going to get a Holly....

I'm really upset

Same here. I've been pining for one since I joined years ago but no one will breed for me and I'm too slow and busy to hang out at the AP all day every day.

Edited by Vic

Most of the hollies in the wild are pretty messy X'D

I can't wait for midnight. actually, 11 for me. I generally stay up a bit late on Christmas Eve anyway biggrin.gif

Most of breed Hollies are also pretty messy *shrugs*

That said, here's the nurserry. Let's make this guys grow up, okay?

i just wanted to wish all of you a very merry christmas, i hope you'll enjoy your holidays with all your family and friends. dragon cave is full of such lovely, generous and awesome people and i am glad to be part of it.

special thanks to TJ and all the spriters for the hard work. thanks for making my fist christmas event experience here, so magical. can't wait for the new release and gingerbread house decoration. :'D

Edited by hopeitallaway

I can't wait to see what will the new dragons look like, holiday and prize ones alike!

And I'm pretty happy with my Snow Angels, I got the tri-colored variation! I like all of them, but this one is my top favourite smile.gif

*Sad alert*

I was heading for the dinner with my family two rooms away from mine, and then I realised that it was my first Christmas without any of my granparents... Three of them passed away this year a few months after Christmas, between February and July, and the last one was not here anymore when I was 5...

I'm not hungry anymore sad.gif

*End of sad alert*

On another note, I wasn't aware that the eggs in the wilderness could hatch from clicks! Do they die otherwise?...

Managed to get 2x 2nd Generation Ribbon Dancers. 2x 2nd Generation Winter Magi Dragons. Which i had missed and I finally managed to get a Holly is a 5th Generation but it's not messy, nice lineage. And to top it off I got a Lettle Tree. smile.gif

Edited by Piston Smashed

Most of breed Hollies are also pretty messy *shrugs*

That said, here's the nurserry. Let's make this guys grow up, okay?

what if TJ is planning to release those to the AP and we make them grow up? I think we should wait until breeding time is over.

I can't wait to see what will the new dragons look like, holiday and prize ones alike!

And I'm pretty happy with my Snow Angels, I got the tri-colored variation! I like all of them, but this one is my top favourite smile.gif

*Sad alert*

I was heading for the dinner with my family two rooms away from mine, and then I realised that it was my first Christmas without any of my granparents... Three of them passed away this year a few months after Christmas, between February and July, and the last one was not here anymore when I was 5...

*End of sad alert*

On another note, I wasn't aware that the eggs in the wilderness could hatch from clicks! Do they die otherwise?...

*shoosh paps* It's alright, Safira. They're not truly gone until you forget about them. They will be there in spirit.

*Sad alert*

*End of sad alert*

*Hugs*

Jup. There was a thread with a list of eggs'hatchlings who needed raising and people would take care of them, but I can't find it for the life of mee.

is a 5th Generation but it's not messy, nice lineage (think it's a wilderness born)

Nope. If it was wilderness born, it's parents would have "wild dragon" written in the place where usually the owner's name stays.

what if TJ is planning to release those to the AP and we make them grow up? I think we should wait until breeding time is over.

Seeing as they are mostly at 6 days 20 hours, chucking them in click sites would not be a good idea. I was mostly thinking of taking care of them once their timers get lower. That said, all those eggs have siblings that were released to the AP. And they can't grow up before the breeding period is over, so we are safe biggrin.gif

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Piston Smashed~> I don't think they are... Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that dragons in the wilderness have a "Wilderness" link instead of a scroll link, and since your egg's parents don't appear to have anything, I think the parent's owner just has a fogged scroll.

EDIT: ninja.gif'd

arya10~> Thanks... I don't have many family members, so I think I was just shocked to see the table this empty. I'll probably be used to the idea in a few hours

EDIT: PointOfOrigin: Thanks sad.gif *hugs back*

Edited by SafiraThePanther