HeatherMarie

Anyone hunt mostly in the AP?

I don't really have the patience I think for hunting in the biomies. Just sitting there and refreshing and refreshing, hoping someone will grab one of the 3 albino-dragons blocking the biomie is a little too repetative to look at for me. The AP is way more varied and you can snatch up some pretty cool lineages as well as CBs ^^

That's the reason why hunt in the cave only on top of an hour. I just don't have enough patience to hunt there while everything is so still. A couple of times I tried waiting with all of mine egg slots free. I filled them in 15 minutes by picking up blockers because I couldn't wait until someone else did that.

Considering most of what I actively want happen to be commons, I turn to the AP a lot. The AP is certainly less boring. Cave hunting is only for A ) the hour mark and B ) when I feel like locking myself with things to bite while I try for a rare/uncommon. Lately, I prefer going to the AP and stealing all of the mints. xd.png

A good portion of my CB mints were taken from the AP, and every non-mintXmint mint offspring was as well. Getting a rare pairing always makes my day. <^-^>

Edited by AlternateMew

I prefer the Cave to the AP, but I occasionally go digging in the latter for Tinselfails, low-time eggs, and hatchlings when it's blocked or when the Cave is going slowly. I've had a few nice finds there, like 2G Tinselfails, a mate for a checkered Silver, a couple non-inbred Golds, and even an ND hatchling.

There was a time when I refused to pick up eggs from the AP. Since I had a decent connection and could catch uncommons/rares, I thought of it as a waste to use my egg-space for anything else. I look back at that state-of-mind and roll my eyes. XD

Now that I've collected a fair amount of Tinselfails I'm more or less forced to trade for the ones from the lines I don't have. :c It doesn't stop me from checking the AP on occasion, though.

Not MOSTLY - but equally, I'd say. It's fun - and with the bonus that if it isn't what you REALLY want, it can go straight back smile.gif

I hunt mostly in the AP (for moar waters lol). I'm rarely in the main cave unless there's a new release.

(I searched, but saw nothing like this)

It seems to me that the majority of DC users (or at least the ones on this forum) fall into certain categories: breeders, CB-grabbers, or a combination of both. Mixed in with that are those people who sometimes take AP eggs if they find something they really like.

But is there anyone out there who prefers the AP to the biomes? Someone who would rather hunt the AP, someone who loves constantly refreshing the AP to find interesting things?

Because that's me, and I feel alone in my AP-love. I don't pick up "blockers" because I'm trying to "help" unclog the AP... I pick them up because I like them, and I want them on my scroll. I have a good-sized army of frozen earth dragons, and almost every single one came from the AP. I like refreshing every few seconds, seeing if that egg I was eyeing is still there, then deciding to grab it... The first Dorkface I got was from the AP, and so was my only Thuwed. There are some awesome things on the AP.

A lot of times I'll go into the biomes and see the same one or two breeds sitting there. Refresh, still there. I like that the AP is more varied, that even accounting for "blockers" there is normally at least 5 or 6 different types of dragons in there.

I was normally a AP hunter (90% of the time), but lately, I have been cave hunting for Tri-horns and stuff in the cave to trade for random messy hatchies. I have probably gifted or traded 20 or more CB Tri-horns since they came out.

I still AP hunt, maybe 75% of the time. I would rather have a messy 6 day egg than a CB 7 day egg (except for the few CBs that I need for personal scroll goals).

When freezing was unlimited, I would only be in the cave for a new release to get a few, and then back to the AP to grab a ton of beauties.

I spend all of my time on the AP. Well, if I'm bored I'll check the cave but that's it xd.png I've already gotten 5 Vampires in the last month from the AP.

I'm mostly a breeder/ap grabber. This is because right now I don't have trade fodder or the connection/time to get any cbs I may need.

I spend my time focusing on lineages and grabbing prettys for myself and to trade. I grabbed a gorgeous bbw today that since I don't have the means to make a mate I've put up for trade so I can get things I can make mates for. Several of my uncommons are also from the ap.

I spend most of the time sitting in the AP. There's some really nice people who drop pretty lineaged eggs into the AP. I only ever really venture into the biomes when I need certain dragons for breeding projects. Then I abandon the AP for biomes until I find the breed or trade for it.

Or when there's new releases. C:

I tend to pick up from the AP more often. I'll pick up CB cave blockers that I'm still collecting (I like that I can abandon them if someone offers me a pretty lineage I'd rather have instead), lower-time eggs (the bunch named "Zombie Fodder" on my scroll are eggs I was able to hatch the next day, so I grabbed them), pretty lineages (lately I have picked up some nice 2nd gens that I think would make lovely checkerboards, I have found some really gorgeous multi-generational checkerboards in the past that I love), and messy-lineaged breeds where I'm looking to freeze the hatchling for my collection.

I do hunt the cave, but more often I'll do that around holidays, or if I'm looking for a cave blocker that isn't quite unpopular enough to be common in the AP. I don't seem to have much luck with the cave right now, otherwise, so I tend to leave it alone.

I get quite a bit of my Dragons from the AP. I usually end up with good ones, if I play my cards right, and am quick enough ^^

I'm mainly a Cave hunter. I'm normally patient enough to sit and wait for the eggs to move (if I don't grab one myself, to get things moving.) Sometimes that CB Metallic or Trio or something else really pretty is just waiting to pop-up.

I'm rarely in the AP these days, unless I'm looking for hatchlings or low-time eggs, BSA dragons or a certain CB common egg that I know will be in there.

I mix and match, but I'll only keep something from the AP that I want. I won't just keep it to make the AP move.

I love nice lineages, the longer the better. And often times you can find CBs in the AP as well, so I spend most of my time hunting there. Except during new releases and the breeding periods on holidays. Then the Cave is full of goodies.

I pretty much live in the AP. Poke my nose into the cave at the top of the hour for the rares and uncommons, but otherwise AP.

I've gotten probably 2/3 of my scroll from the abandoned page.

I used to exclusively hunt the AP. I used to think it was THE CAVE. Yeah I was kinda dumb for a few months. I avoided the forums like the plague from former forum experiences. Yah Yah.... . Got ALL my dragons there. LOVED inbreds. Was going to create the INBREDS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND BETTER society.

Then I reached over 100 dragons and discovered that my scroll would never meet my quasi OCD compulsory sorting if I didn't sort by Gen and lineage. And even gens just make life worth sorting with their ease. Free the inbreds and other messy lineages, hello even gens.

And so I thought I'd gift all my lovely babies back to the AP. And this was great until I realized almost everyone grabbing my eggs were trying to kill and/or mate these pretty lineages with ugly messy mates. I tried offering to give away even Gen mates for anything on request. Nothing worked. So I built and begged an army of Magi, and went to gifting FFAs on certain threads.

So now I forum and IRC gift and hunt. Some things go to the AP, but its very rare. I am sure there are still some dragons I have that have been AP finds, but most are not. I'm too busy gifting and too generally disappointed to really enjoy the AP anymore. Both as a gifter and former hunter.

I very rarely have the patience to hunt the cave. I love looking through the AP for pretty even gen and stairsteps to fill my quota for each dragon. I'm a huge breeder myself, so often times I like expanding on lineages I find, or having them inspire my own. Like recently I found the starts of a green nebula/red staircase, and it inspired my even gen checker. To me a beautifully bred and planned lineage is worth more than a CB. Plus with 1500+ dragons, naming is a challenge. So I like having nice named parents to take ideas from. The AP is a treasure hunt tongue.gif

I pretty much hunt only the AP unless there is a new release or during a holiday/event release.

When I was just starting out, I lived in the AP. None of my dragons were gifts (not even the tinsels, ff.) but I had just pulled them all out of the AP. Now, I'm a strict hunter but I like to visit the AP just to see what's moving around in there. :3

About now, I'd say.. %10 of my scroll is from the AP.

I love poking around in the AP when I get frustrated trying to snag in the cave .. I've found some really fun lineages in the AP and it's always a surprise what you'll get, smile.gif Some of my favorite dragons have been AP grabs, even if they're not rares.

im always refreshing the AP searching for good things (for myself/trades) i got a 2nd gen thunder about a week ago among other good things through the years xd.png corse i check the cave every hour i remember because im searching for good trade fodder =P

I like breeding, mainly because I get to gift my bred dragons and I love seeing happy people getting gifted. I stalk the AP just to see what interesting things pop up, though I never usually take things from it. The biomes I'm very greedy about, I will not give up a rare CB egg without a fist fight.

So yeah, I love all three.

I snatch most of my dragons from the AP. It's more varied and I think more interesting. I'm too impatient to stay in the cave for long x-x tongue.gif I like breeding my dragons, too, but I don't do that often because most of them don't have very pretty lineages.

I spend most of my egg-hunting time in the AP. Only sometimes do I go searching in the Cave for eggs, and most of the time that's just for codes I could use.