HeatherMarie

Anyone hunt mostly in the AP?

The only times I go to the Biomes is when I am either hunting for a specific Caveborn for breeding OR there is a new release.

Otherwise - I'm on the AP hunting for eggs [As a good 90% of the time - I don't care about lineage, inbred status, etc = the AP gives me much more variety than any of the Biomes]

I was just thinking, the "great lineages foun in the AP" thread currently has 385 pages... not much more needs to be said to prove the greatness of the AP. biggrin.gif

Edited by dustpuppy

So I decided to pop into the AP since I had a couple of slots available on my scroll. One CB Summer, one CB Golden Wyvern and an almost mature Harvest hatchling.

Man I love the AP

The AP is my friend. :3 Almost every dragon on my scroll that came from the AP is CB. Lol

[-egg spam removed- view/wEgfn]This Shakesperean Dragon [/url] was just released into the AP. I hope it goes to a good home!

Edited by rubyshoes

I kinda forgot how nice the AP was since I returned since I had all these specifics that I had been looking for. However I am currently working on a lineage project and so I spent some time in the AP and I have found TWO CB's of the Sunsongs that I need for this project, as well as picked up some nice little hatchies I mean I am honestly surprised at the type of things that get dropped off in the AP at times.

I prefer the AP. I've gotten THREE Silver-Shimmers, two Silvers (one of which I traded to my sister), and a Bronze Shimmer. Not to mention a few Thuwed descents. As well as a Moonstone related to the sprite-alt Shimmer, Jewel. ~Myra

I do a lot. It really helps with gifting, freezing, and lumina hoarding. I am going to hate trying to hunt at Halloween though. When those hit the ap it will probably be Halloween and I will be egg locked.

For common, I usually hunt from biomes, but for rares, I usually hunt from AP. AP is easier to hunt rares.

I do the exact opposite. I have never seen a CB rare in the AP so I don't bother looking. I just linger there when I want something common.

I can catch rares in the biomes quite easily when I want them.

I hunt in the AP when I have space and don't care about lineage. It's great for getting low-time eggs (and occasionally even lucky hatchlings). Whenever I've needed BSA eggs in the past few months, I've gone to the AP, not the Biomes. tongue.gif I just don't have the space to wait an extra three days for something like that.

If I want something specific, though, I either go to the Biomes or trade for it myself. It's more efficient that way.

I tend to do a bit of both smile.gif

At drop time, it'll be the jungle biome looking to expand my purple dino army :] Then to desert for nebbies/thunders and alpine for bleeding moons/ices biggrin.gif Then, when the cave goes quiet, I head to AP to look for pretty lineage eggies especially tinsel and shimmerkins smile.gif

I'm an AP-hunter myself, I'd say. I don't care about line-ages, though I don't mind finding a few neat ones in the process. I've found a bunch of very nice dragons in the AP, and it's much more pleasing for me to hunt there as the Biomes rotate too slowly. I've not got much patience for that, and I haven't got many Red dragons to Incubate with.

I usually go through the AP, there's a surprisingly large amount of CB and nicely lineaged eggs, plus theyre usually lowtime so if I find an especially messy one I can pop it in an ER and freeze it once it hatches. Though, I'll occasionally check out the hourly drops if I remember.

I spend most of my time in the AP, just because it's fast-moving and has low-time eggs. I don't spend much time in the biomes because they move too slowly...although I have been going to the coast frequently because it's moving faster thanks to the new release.

I spend most of my time on the AP. I've gotten quite a bit of dragons on my wishlist from the AP, and I almost don't see the point in going to the cave except to grab dinos/chickens/cheese dragons, or new releases.

Plus I pick up a lot of commons in the AP to boost my overall dragon number. I still am about halfway away from the 500 dragon mark, so it's great to grab some common eggs, ER them and I can either raise them or freeze them.

The AP actually moves, the biomes are way too slow for me.

I spend a lot of time in the AP since I can much more easily get rare dragons. uvu Lineages and generations and all that aren't important to me - I just really love dragons! So I'm perfectly happy with taking one when someone else doesn't want it and giving it a home. I want to have every kind of dragon eventually, so starting with lots of quick-hatching commons is also really useful.

I used to hunt only in the AP. I was going to have an all AP dragon scroll, only the unwanted ones that I saved.

But, I caved (pun unintentional). I realised that if I wanted to trade for some of the rarer eggs that nobody wanted non caveborns.