HeatherMarie

Anyone hunt mostly in the AP?

I hunt in the AP a lot... and have got quite a few good dragons (I also like saving eggs that are repeatedly abandoned.. the poor things)

Although I saw three of my eggs that where dropped (in the AP) all ended up being wild... did no one pick them up or do they do that for fun. (one was a thunder too) Those people might not AP hunt but I almost always try. It saves unwanted eggs from death or just being wild.

I like hunting in the AP and the biomes. Yes I do pick up blockers, but it’s not for the good of humanity. Electric and guardian happen to be two of my favourite breeds and there’s usually quite a few on the AP.

I also like to grab dragons with interesting lineages off the AP. As well as messy or inbred dragons for freezing. Also with the pile of low time CB commons at the moment the AP is very helpful for collecting any you need for projects.

In the past I used to hunt the AP because I had an ultra slow connection when I first joined and couldn’t grab anything out the main cave, so I guess it just became a habit.

I am mostly hunting in the AP, except during and around new releases I try the Cave to have the chance to catch CB Metallics and the new eggs.

My first Silver (a second gen) and my most adored Dorkface ( http://dragcave.net/lineage/Sfnn2 ) came from there and I caught quite some nice other incuhatchable eggs from there lately which nice lineages or CB's and even caught some eggs back, which I had bred myself smile.gif

I hunt in the AP a lot for low time CB commons these days, often when biomes are slow or empty between drops. I've nothing against commons but I'd just rather keep my scroll open as much as possible for rarer things I'm actively hunting. I do like a lot of the common breeds, I just don't see much reason to catch them in biomes when I can find perfectly good, close to hatching ones in the AP. Plus I can occasionally find some really nice stuff in the AP. I've seen several shimmers there, yet to catch one sadly. But I can find the occasional metal, some tinsels, etc. So it's definitely worth it. Even if I don't keep them for myself I can always find someone to gift them to.

I like hunting for interesting lineages (I've found a lot of tinselfails) and especially codes in the AP. Before the release I wasn't doing a lot with my scroll so I got a hoot out of picking up funny-coded eggs. Incu-hatching things out of boredom happened once or twice ngl. >3>

Hehe. Most of my dragon are from AP hunting. I get bored of the biomes way too quickly, but I do alternate on occasion. I actually caught my first Golden Wyvern while AP hunting. <3

I only just drifted to the forums recently and discovered trading.. so i'm doing a bit of that now too.. but I'll probably never stop stalking the AP. lol

I go to the AP a lot because get bored with the biomes quite easily, since they usually move pretty slowly. Aside from when there's a new release, I only go to the biomes during the hourly drop, and even then I'm mostly in the Alpine looking for CB Pillows. But most of the time I lurk around in the AP for incu-hatchable eggs and neat lineages. :3

-points at sig and smiles-

Even before the current and most definitely wonderful state of the AP, I used it quite often. Of course it's much better as it is now than it was in the past and that adds to my fondness happy.gif

Edited by Wahya

I love the AP, and have posted about it before.

Unfortunately, since the new release there are too many people and I can't catch nuthin' I want sad.gif

Everyone go away.

(please understand I'm joking. Kind of rolleyes.gif )

When I first started 4 months ago (yeah I'm still sort of new I guess?), I was always lurking around the AP. I got a lot of my dragons there, which is why most of them have messy lineages. But since CB dragons are really a necessity for trading, I switched to hunting in the caves. Of course, I still go to the AP pretty often.

On a related side note, the AP was where I got my Cheese and most of my tinsels smile.gif

I love the AP!! Especially since the change where the times are much lower. I do a lot of breeding (and used to gift a lot, going to be starting that back up), but when I'm not gifting or swapping eggs or getting gifts from breeding stuffs.... I'm in the AP. Its fun to find stuff but more than anything.... its nice to build my CB collections with dragons I really do want but don't want to wait 7 days to hatch because I got other stuff going on and my slots are limited. Priorities!!

I often happily trade dragons for very specific BSA (purple or red) or for CB Hatchlings. I can often get those just as easily by hitting the AP and knocking out my goals for certain breeds a handful each week.

And when you have some dragons that are very picky sometimes and want their own personal harem *coughshimmercough* being able to get easy access to build up those amounts quickly can be a real life saver.

Love the AP!! And honestly, I've never really been into Cave Hunting. Its just boring and I'm stuck with it for 5 hours....

Edited by natayah

@Altair: A lot of the dragons that end up in the AP are CBs. Often they are blockers that people removed from biomes while hunting and later dropped. I've certainly chucked dozens of them myself when actively metal hunting. You just have to check the lineages.

And the downside to AP hunting...I'm stuck in 21 lock cause I caught too many low time eggs. xd.png It's tough not constantly checking the AP, I know I'll just disappoint myself since it's not like I could catch anything right now. But I do so like trawling for shinies.

I really like how the cave is always open now, but the AP is always there for when the biomes aren't moving. It was really annoying before when it was one or the other, though it does mean the biomes tend to not move as fast.

I do all the time and like WOWEE smile.gif I just nabbed a silver shimmer egg!!!

That is where I grabbed almost all my 2nd generation copper eggs. I think that is how I got my CB gold a long long time ago. I find if the biomes are toooooooo slow I jump on into the AP!!! I have so far nabbed a bronze shimmer and a silver shimmer egg in doing so. Oh yeah and my 2nd holly egg last year as well. biggrin.gif

Edited by LuvDragons

I like hunting in the AP. I picked up 4 different CB eggs today that were all at 1 day, 5 hours to hatch. Those hatched within 10 minutes. I also grabbed a silver shimmer off the AP today.

I have yet to see a silver shimmer on the AP, but I caught my first bronze shimmer there, and that was very exciting! I really like the AP. There are some very pretty lineages that show up there, and it's also nice to be able to hunt for low-time cave eggs. I like the Cave for some things, but the AP offers the added quirk of finding the products of other players' creativity, and that's a lot of fun. smile.gif

I love the AP now that its full of low time eggs. I've found some lovely lineages too smile.gif

I LOVE the AP! biggrin.gif And I mostly hunt the AP, I only go to the biomes when I need a certain CB for a lineage, but even then I often hunt the AP too because there are lots of CBs there too, and with lower time.

Another advantage of the AP is that I can toss the egg back or offer it on a trade or whatever, right away, with no cooldown.

But the best thing about the AP is findig awesome lineages wub.gif I've found such great eggs there and it's always exciting because you never know what you'll find, and even if you don't find something you want to keep it's entertaining to see if you can find funny names and so on. xd.png

I've actually started out hunting in the AP. Almost all of my eggs have been from the AP so far, and I'm loving the challenge of hunting there. The biomes have been close to stagnant for me, and I like the idea of being able to fish up an egg, check it's lineage, and if it's muddy, I throw back in the AP for someone else. I think my proudest find though was caveborn nebula egg. It turned out to be a red, which is awesome.

Occasionally I check in on the biomes, but I haven't caught much there yet. The AP, however, I can add up my dragons much faster. Which is a plus.

I spend most of my time in the AP. I try to have at least two caveborn males and two caveborn females of each breed (you know, for projects) but past that I normally fill the ranks with dragons I found on the AP (except inbred dragons; I rarely keep those, and when I do, they usually get frozen.) Ultimately, 55% of my dragons are lineaged, and the breeds I have a lot of caveborns of are blocker breeds that people tend to pick up to unblock and then drop in the AP five hours later.

I do use the cave when my 'schedule' is out of balance though - the AP being all low-time eggs now makes it hard to keep to the whole "pick up seven new eggs every third day" thing I had going on for a long time. Right now I'm locked with 21 hatchlings, because hey why not?

If I have a few empty egg slots before I go to bed, I'll usually go to the AP, pick up a few eggs, put them in hatcheries, and leave them there overnight. I do frequent the biomes on the hourly drops, but I rarely find what I want. Most common/uncommon CBs I do need, I can find in the AP.

I hunt the AP page more than the cave. At least, the AP page is where I get most of my eggs that aren't gifts/trades.

I have almost every CB I want (darn you coppers!) so hunting the cave doesn't do a whole lot for me. The common CB eggs I don't have enough of, I can often hunt in the AP page and they are hatched sooner so there is not a whole ton of incentive to hunt the cave other than for the coppers/metals.

I hunt the AP page more than the cave. At least, the AP page is where I get most of my eggs...

Same here. I usually go for eggs that I remember I have never had hatch and grow successfully before.

As for what kind of person I am on DC... I guess I'd have to be a hobbyist more than anything. No stories based on my dragons; as well, I'm very infrequent on these boards right now (though I hope to change that and be more active.)

I've found that more of the "special" eggs (well, for me they are; it seems they are more rare) on the Abandoned page lately. Picked two just today (a lightning one and a zebra-like striped one.)

I hunt the AP much more than the biomes. You'll rarely find me in the biomes except during releases. I breed a lot too, I think I'm 50% AP, 45 % breed, and 5% biomes.