HeatherMarie

Anyone hunt mostly in the AP?

I spend a fair bit of time in the AP, often if I've just got one egg slot left, because then a misclick doesn't always lock me. I've found a bunch of good eggs there, including CBs.

thats how i found my first Vampire, my first stripe, and my first Magma was through the AP

I love the AP! I've always been lucky. I got a CB nebula dragon, 2 silver tinsels, and my first vampire from the AP!

I really enjoy hunting in the AP. I alternate between it and the biomes, depending on what I am hunting for. I have found some really nice things in the AP! wub.gif

I like the AP for all the variety it has (although sometimes it seems like whenever I'm actually searching for certain breeds they're never there while I need them!)

Lots of incuhatchable eggs for the picking there.

Fulfilling my general scroll goals of having a male/female adult of each breed and a frozen hatchie. This whole 4 days xx hours AP has been wonderful in finishing up this goal!

I'm starting to favor the AP now, since they are all inch-hatchable eggs, and, as a lot of people said, for the variety.

I pretty much hunt only the AP unless there is a new release or during a holiday/event release.

Same here. Since I don't really have patience to hunt CB rares, I go searching on the AP for nice lineages instead.

I pretty much hunt only the AP unless there is a new release or during a holiday/event release.

Same here, although I used to hunt the biomes a lot as well. But ever since the AP has stopped blocking the cave, I've got the feeling the biomes are hardly ever moving.

50/50 for me, sometimes I prefer the AP because eggs hatch faster that way but I hop to the biome's as well and see if I can find something nice

I prefer the AP to the biomes, in fact I rarely touch the biomes unless I'm looking specifically for something.

The AP is just filled with so many interesting things. Lineages that have connections to so many people. To me that's a lot more intriguing and enjoyable than a CB.

Mostly the AP, especially since the AP changed. I don't think I've visited any of the biomes in...I can't remember. :/ If I want a CB common, I just wait around in the AP until the egg I want pops up; sometimes it's CB, sometimes it's messy, sometimes it ends up having a super awesome lineage. Great thing about the AP, you can just abandon what you don't want!

I'm like Draco Knight, I used to hunt the biomes 99% of the time, but now that the AP's changed I like digging through it for nice lineages and CBs. The real upswing for me is they don't take up slots for as long since they're so low-time.

I usually take AP eggs only. I'm not picky, i'll take it if it's a dragon i don't have already (I'm collecting dragons, after i start not being able to find the ones i don't have i am gonna focus on making a lineage with stripes probably.) or if its a dragon with a messy lineage. I don't care if it's CB or not or anything. I only take dragons for their sprites lol i refused to take pygmies until last because i didnt like how small they were...

One of the reasons i don't hunt the cave is because i don't like how long it takes them to hatch. (Breeding is a different story, i usually dump bred eggs so other people can get them.

Edited by Neomaka

I prefer hunting in the AP since I can identify the egg right away just by looking at it. I'd say about 90% of my dragons were caught in the AP. When I first joined I only hunted eggs through the AP. Since I have all the dragons now (save the red dino and shimmer scales with pretty much elude me at this point) I like to pick up the unwanted breeds from the AP. I occasionally hunt for cave borns when I'm working on a lineage, but that's about the only time I go cave hunting when there isn't a new release.

I prefer hunting from the AP - I get plenty of low-time, beautiful eggs that I can hatch in a day instead of waiting 3-4 days. Yes, I poke around the biomes sometimes, but they move too slowly...in the AP I can grab lots of beautiful 2nd gens and plenty of CB commons.

Heck, I even grabbed a low-time CB Magma from the AP today. I squealed in glee. Though I also missed a 4th gen Bronze Shimmer-scale. ;3; You win some, you lose some.

I do the AP always (except for at new releases) because I have found many of my best dragons, even a silver tinsel 3rd gen, in AP and never many good things in the CB.

Though, I have grabbed quite a bit of CB dragons in AP recently.

I mostly hunt the AP, especially with the way it is now I can incuhatch an egg in about 20 min, or hatch without incubating in about 14 hours--compare to cave hunting where it takes two days with incubate. There are a ton of cb eggs in the AP if you don't mind commons, and many nice lineaged eggs too. Sure, some eggs are messy but I've not found this to be a problem, I'm even collecting inbred eggs to make an inbred army. With everything that's on the AP I don't have much reason to hunt the cave. I even caught a cb stripe off the AP yesterday!

i mostly do the AP since i cant tell if a pink in the cave is a pink or a flamingo and i can never be quick enough to grab anything rare most of the time. i may start hunting in the caves a bit though since i am in this group that gives you points from getting caveblocker eggs. i.e the most common eggs that i can cash in for rare eggs. but for the most part i do the AP for new draggies

I hunt the cave during the hourly drops but otherwise mostly stalk the AP. I'm not going to find a shimmerscale in the cave, but am hopeful that some day I might at least see one in the AP, and who knows, I might even get one some day.

I really enjoy the cave for the hourly drops. That's the majority of how I spend my time in terms of hunting, and the time between drops is usually spent elsewhere (YouTube, watching anime, reading, etc). Sometimes I'll hunt the AP, but usually for no longer than a few minutes at a time because my attention-span unless I'm actually specifically looking for something, isn't that great. (It usually goes like, "Oh, I'll go to the AP, oh look, let's go breed, wait I need to--").

Heh, so. Cave hunting it is~ C:

I had been hunting primarily in the AP for the past few weeks (and have found some amazing stuff) but now I'm migrating back to the cave. The chance of possibly catching CB metals is too strong for me to ignore.

@_@

But I'll probably still hunt in the AP. I'm good at it, and it's more of a light-hearted activity (since, if you misclick, you can immediately toss it back).

When I have egg room, I hunt the AP for incuhatches to make sure all my hatchling slots are filled, then I attempt breeding to fill requests, build lineages, whatever I have room for in the egg slots. After any gifts, trades, etc., are gone, I turn to the Cave to fill any remaining egg slots, hopefully with something rare and shiny, but more likely, something misclicked, to be abandoned when the time is up and the cycle starts again! xd.png

I'm definitely an AP hunter - the only time I'll use the biomes is on the hour just to see if there's anything good smile.gif . Mostly the AP provides me with a cool mix of CB and lineaged random breeds, and I like that you can do that. Then again, back when I started on DC there were only three mystery eggs on the cave page, no biomes, so it was a lot easier to catch from the AP!

Lately I've been hunting AP only, due to both the low time eggs there and a recent desire to increase my CB stock (for the less popular breeds I've been finding CBs easily in the AP). For the 'more popular' breeds though, I may have to either trade for them or do some cave hunting.

It's kind of strange, really, as I seem to have developed an 'aversion' to having eggs with more than 4d 18hrs on my scroll xd.png. I look at a lumina egg I traded for and keep thinking 'why haven't you hatched yet like the rest!?', when it was close to 7d left when I got it. xd.png