TJ09

2012-11-23 - Black Friday

And also like someone else said, everyone tries to get as many of the new release as possible~

According to this I'm not a living being.

I only want 2 of these... no more. xd.png Even though they're really pretty.

I have twelve and I want more. MOAR MOAR MOAR

I've caught them all myself, I don't feel like trading. It's not even that my connection's especially fast, I miss at least seven or eight for every one I catch. I'm just a persistent little thing.

According to this I'm not a living being.

I only want 2 of these... no more. xd.png Even though they're really pretty.

I'm fine with my eight.

They all hatched by now and the first will grow up tomorrow

For all you guys know, these could be the alpine/desert equivalents of mints.

I doubt it.

I have caught 11 of them -- persistence pays, although I do not have an especially speedy connection and my reflexes are awful!

I collect at least 8 of every breed if I can, so I don't feel like I am hoarding these by catching 8 for myself. The other 3 were gifts to people who could not catch them. I do not plan on catching any more, though.

Guh, I hate it when people hoard them like that x.x I'm sorry, don't slit my throat, just adjsdfh it's frustrating to see newbies struggling to get even one and other people, possibly with faster connections, like "OKAY I HAVE 9 TIME TO STALK NOW : D "

sdhgfgv xd.png I mean honestly, even if they put in the effort to get that many, that still seems a little... I don't know, don't listen to me. I know these dragons a permanent addition, but half the fun is catching them right when they come out... When everything is still new and fresh, you know.

I'll quit slapping my keyboard now and comment on how much I like the sprites for these dragons <3 So pretty. Kudos to the artists!

Personally, I like to get six of every CB release (other than the limited holiday ones, heh) - one hatchling and two adults of each available gender. If I happen to be at work during a release, I can usually get that set in the first drop. If I happen to be home, and the cable gods are smiling, I can still pick them up fairly quickly, say within the first three or four drops. If the cable gods are NOT smiling... well, the less said about those nights, the better. wink.gif

My suggestion to anyone having trouble with a release -- newbie or otherwise -- is to turn off Javascript ("active scripting") and images, keep your cursor over the rightmost egg spot, mash F5, click that egg the instant the page loads (do not set your browser to open background tabs, just trust that it recorded your click), immediately mash F5 again before the page can change, click the rightmost egg once it loads, mash F5 again, click again, mash click mash click mash click mash click until the drop is over, and then go to your Dragons page to see what you did or didn't catch. Nervewracking? Oh HELLS yes. But this has been my technique for four years, and I've got a nicely CB-infested scroll to show for it.

Still just my two-cents-worth, and your best technique might be completely different. But give this one a try if you're having trouble and want a bit of an edge. biggrin.gif

Love the new dragons, especially the males! Managed to get 6. Thank you TJ!

Also, when exactly are they moving to the Alpine?

My suggestion to anyone having trouble with a release -- newbie or otherwise -- is to turn off Javascript ("active scripting") and images, keep your cursor over the rightmost egg spot, mash F5, click that egg the instant the page loads (do not set your browser to open background tabs, just trust that it recorded your click), immediately mash F5 again before the page can change, click the rightmost egg once it loads, mash F5 again, click again, mash click mash click mash click mash click until the drop is over, and then go to your Dragons page to see what you did or didn't catch. Nervewracking? Oh HELLS yes. But this has been my technique for four years, and I've got a nicely CB-infested scroll to show for it.

Thats exactly what I do. Except on an iPad wink.gif

I collect 4 adults, m/m/f/f and all 3 hatchlings. But I prefer to breed my hatchies. I guess I think it's rather cute for my dragons to get to keep their own kids. It's also why I put a very high trade value on my first four. They may be listed, but I doubt I'll get a trade I'll take for them, which is also fine.

But, for things I want to lineage I need 16. And these are pretty, so, 32 is the final goal. Granted, I'm confident enough of my catching that I've traded 10 or so away and plan to trade a few more. I think I've decided on water horse and purple dorsal lineages for them. So, if I can get some of those hatchies I'll probably trade a few more away. In a way, its better for me to wait longer to breed them anyway as if I raise them and breed them now, you tend to get 90% tri horn eggs, which is not helpful for checkering. My blusang/nebula lineage for instance, I still mainly get blusang eggs.

.... I'll be honest, I just posted and planned to never look again because I expected people to gang up on me even when I tried to be good-natured. xd.png

I'm more of a DiY type of person. Rarely do I do trades, or accept gifts (unless it's for a dragon that's so hard to get, my own luck just isn't going to cut it). I also usually have nothing to trade anyway because it's been my goal since I first started to have a scroll that looked identical to TJ's. One adult and frozen hatchling of every sprite there ever was, nothing more. Pointless? Probably, but it floats my boat. ^^'

I will try the javascript method though. I remember I did it a long time ago and had some success, but since then I changed to Chrome and also forgot what I was supposed to do xd.png

Edited by digipup

I have nine, and I caught every single one of them myself. smile.gif I'm hoping I can catch one more, so that I can have five breeding pairs, and then I'd like to breed them and gift their kids to people who have none.

edit:

For all you guys know, these could be the alpine/desert equivalents of mints.

Oh my gosh, I hope so. xd.png That would make hoarding a LOT easier. XP

Please don't double post - posts edited together and the double post deleted - ruby

Edited by rubyshoes

Note to self: Never read genders when you just got up from a nap, especially with a current eye problem......thought I had at least 1 pair, 3/4 females and one yet to gender. (thank you for two eggs left to influence if I must!) ninja.gif

Incredibly irritated that I missed this release due to not being notified of a new post. I get notification of every post that goes into this sub-forum EXCEPT new egg releases, and no one has ever been able to tell me why.

Personally, I don't think we're quite yet overdue for a new rare, so I guess it's possible. happy.gif

It wouldn't matter to you either way, cause you'd catch them even if they were rare tongue.gif

And of course give them to me xP

I really hate the word "hoard". It's a negative word, usually expressed in a negative way towards specific people, and TJ himself has said that there is no such thing as "hoarding" in this game. The whole point of this game is grabbing and raising dragons. You can't really "hoard" them when that's the main point of the game.

I still only have my one little hatchie. I've tried grabbing, but... I guess I'm not fast enough. Or, other people are just faster then me. I think it's gotten harder over time; When I first started on DC it was fairly simple to grab new release eggs, but there were also a lot less people playing. In the beginning I never saw the 500+ users in the cave that is common nowadays. So yeah, no wonder it's gotten harder over time.

I got one! It was through a trading thread, but I got one! *hugs it close* and I'll take very good care of it! The precious babu!

Whoa I just got four what happened

2 minutes before the spawn, I picked up FOUR

Then during the spawn I got nothing LOL

I love how my internet provider boasts "the fastest speeds in the nation" but yet I can't catch a single Black Friday egg...

I don't know if it's my ISP or what...but I'm still getting the 'freezing' issue. Switching biomes and coming back now doesn't help....

I've never had this problem before. Guess I'm glad I have four already, cause with this issue I can't catch any more....

I love how my internet provider boasts "the fastest speeds in the nation" but yet I can't catch a single Black Friday egg...

I think reflexes are as important as internet connection. You still have to click before everyone else.

I think reflexes are as important as internet connection. You still have to click before everyone else.

Oh I know, but when it takes 30+ seconds for the page to load it doesn't matter how fast I click. The egg I'm clicking is already long gone. wink.gif

I think reflexes are as important as internet connection.  You still have to click before everyone else.

I think another important thing is "how" you read. Some people read one word at a time, which would slow you down a lot. I read in blocks of words, which helps. I also look for trigger words, and that may be the best of all. I never ever read an entire description...there is almost always one unique word for each egg. If you know where it is in relation to the box with the egg, your chances are improved tremendously.

Edited by ainisarie