TJ09

2012-11-23 - Black Friday

This 'freeze' thing is getting ridiculous.  Hard refreshes do not clear it...but switching to another biome and then back to desert does.  Only problem is, the delay in getting your mouse pointer back on the eggs ensure's you 'don't' get any of the new breed.

That and I misclicked a magi (which I don't really need any  more of).  Trying to decide if to just wait the five hours, or bite it to try to get a vamp I need (female hatchy to freeze).

I think the freezing is incentive to give it a rest, honestly. xd.png We're really lucky that we didn't actually crash the site. Then we'd have a chance of losing our scroll eggs/hatchlings/etc. and it'd be a mess. Since they're permanent additions, I'm not even trying anymore, roflmao. I'll wait a bit. People are breeding dragons less, and I'm seeing beautiful CB dragons lately.

really ?? how is this possible ? let some other players grab some eggs ! is this a hoarding game ??

It's not impossible, actually. They might have traded for a few and caught the rest, though it's still not improbable to catch them all. I'd recommend just finding trades you can do, try for some gifts, etc. They're all CB right now, so what's the difference? o.o I might trade to get more someday.

This 'freeze' thing is getting ridiculous.  Hard refreshes do not clear it...but switching to another biome and then back to desert does.  Only problem is, the delay in getting your mouse pointer back on the eggs ensure's you 'don't' get any of the new breed.

Yea, that freeze was driving me NUTS catching mine. Complete refreshes, and the same eggs just sit there...

....taunting you....

Evil little things. >:[

Lets see...

In that last drop:

A Chicken, paper, and white. That's what I saw go by, but I was only there for the last 10 seconds or so, so who knows what went by before that xd.png

I got the white. happy.gif

As well as another of our new friend. The makes 8. Hopefully, I will get 4 pairs.

Edited by warriorjames

So is there a Freezemonster now instead of a Lagmonster? Is that why it's been so hard for me to even grab a single thing? I managed to grab two Dark Mysts the other day but that's about it.

I haven't even SEEN a Tri-Horned egg yet. *sighs*

My babies gendered! smile.gif Only 15 more hrs before I have some adults wub.gif

really ?? how is this possible ? let some other players grab some eggs ! is this a hoarding game ?? sad.gif

It's nothing to do with hoarding. It's everything to do with timing, faster internet speed, and fast clicker fingers. These eggs will be around permanently, and everyone will have a chance to get all they want, based on how common or rare they will be, which is the deciding factor, right now. Check the trades and gifting threads, instead of despairing.

I wasn't actively playing during the Blusang release and have heard that their mass release were short before mixing with other eggs.

And right now, Blusang is one of the *rare* uncommon that takes persistence, determination and trading skills to obtain. biggrin.gif

I have been checking the drops of the Trihorn and although their hourly drops were really short, but I see quite a number of them. So, how are the Trihorn drops compared to the Blusang drops at their initial release?

Arlymaye: From the current situation, it seems that Trihorns are going to be common/just tipping to uncommon. IIRC, blusangs dropped even shorter at this point.

I wasn't actively playing during the Blusang release and have heard that their mass release were short before mixing with other eggs.

And right now, Blusang is one of the *rare* uncommon that takes persistence, determination and trading skills to obtain. biggrin.gif

I have been checking the drops of the Trihorn and although their hourly drops were really short, but I see quite a number of them. So, how are the Trihorn drops compared to the Blusang drops at their initial release?

The Tri-Horns are definitely easier to catch than the Blusangs now. At first, they were much harder because everyone was in the desert, as opposed to the Blusang release, when not everyone was in the coast because Olives and Brimstones were also dropped. But now they're a lot easier happy.gif

Edited by Erica8798

It's nothing to do with hoarding.  It's everything to do with timing, faster internet speed, and fast clicker fingers.  These eggs will be around permanently, and everyone will have a chance to get all they want, based on how common or rare they will be, which is the deciding factor, right now.  Check the trades and gifting threads, instead of despairing.

I already got one through trading thanks !! just can't seem to catch any myself smile.gif

~Post moved~

ok I finally caught 2 of them !!

~Please do not double post, use the edit tool.~

Edited by _Z_

Thanks for the insight 42 and Erica8798.

A true hoarder just needs to know what to hoard. xd.png

"Tri-Horn Wyverns are a mountainous species, living in high altitude areas among rocks and snow..."

Yet the eggs are primarily/only found in the Desert?...why aren't they in the Alpine biome.

"Tri-Horn Wyverns are a mountainous species, living in high altitude areas among rocks and snow..."

Yet the eggs are primarily/only found in the Desert?...why aren't they in the Alpine biome.

TJ posted a while back that he's gonna relocate them.

I love the new additions especially as male and female are different and I understand the frustration of not being able to pick up the new Black Friday additions, but, if they are added to another biome that should make it much easier for those who haven't had any luck to pick up theirs. Regarding hoarding I can't think of any release that players haven't tried to pick up as many as they could (myself included) because you never know what use they might have done the road (bsa?) being used to create a new breed with another dragon etc.. As long as the new additions will stay then I think everyone will have a fair chance to pick up theirs. It's just a madhouse when a new dragon comes out. That's just the way it is on the site. Look at the Halloween Dragons you could grab as many as you could (based on your level)..thankfully the Christmas Dragons (my favorites) are limited to two to a scroll to enable all available during the Holidays to pick up theirs as long as they have their internet connection. Plus, many folks also gift dragons to those who don't have any...which is an ongoing way of paying it forward to new players or players who've had bad luck.

Edited by Misha

SO MUCH LOVE for the creator of this dragon! Whoever you are... common or not... this is a great dragon! Thank you sooooooo much! <3

Well, to be honest, now that I have my mini-hoard (9 total)[...]

Guh, I hate it when people hoard them like that x.x I'm sorry, don't slit my throat, just adjsdfh it's frustrating to see newbies struggling to get even one and other people, possibly with faster connections, like "OKAY I HAVE 9 TIME TO STALK NOW : D "

sdhgfgv xd.png I mean honestly, even if they put in the effort to get that many, that still seems a little... I don't know, don't listen to me. I know these dragons a permanent addition, but half the fun is catching them right when they come out... When everything is still new and fresh, you know.

I'll quit slapping my keyboard now and comment on how much I like the sprites for these dragons <3 So pretty. Kudos to the artists!

Edited by digipup

Guh, I hate it when people hoard them like that x.x I'm sorry, don't slit my throat, just adjsdfh it's frustrating to see newbies struggling to get even one and other people, possibly with faster connections, like "OKAY I HAVE 9 TIME TO STALK NOW : D "

sdhgfgv xd.png I mean honestly, even if they put in the effort to get that many, that still seems a little... I don't know, don't listen to me.

I'll quit slapping my keyboard now and comment on how much I like the sprites for these dragons <3 So pretty. I'm glad they're a permanent addition.

Heh,

...But still, like others have said, these dragons are permanent, and from the looks of it, they're going to be easier to get than Blusangs, so no matter what, everyone will have a chance to get some at some point in time~

And out of those 9 I have, I only caught 4 of them. Trading plays a huge role in getting new releases, really (at least for me)~

And also like someone else said, everyone tries to get as many of the new release as possible~

Honestly, if I get my hands on any more after this, I'll probably gift them to the ones who have none...

I kinda want to thank this release.

Recently I've been kinda bored of this game, not catching much, just breeding dragons, chucking them, and picking up a load of commons for my scroll goals. Since Halloween, when I used the fast laptop, my old one has felt slow, and has frustrated me to ends, specially when I couldn't even catch CB commons I needed -.-

When this release came out, not only did I manage to lock my scroll with new eggs, I've managed to catch my first brine since the release, and other little beauties <3 So thank you, everyone who worked for this release, as it brought me back biggrin.gif