DragonGirl10188

The Epic Duo (RWyvern and Draggie)

((I can PM you a progress shot tomorrow when there are better lighting conditions :3 Promise!))

Takhorr dived under the surface again, swimming down to the base of the wall. He tugged at several stones, with each one remaining firmly wedged in place. He threw his body against, hoping to dislodge something, and then let himself sink. He let his breath go and rested on the stone floor, seemingly to have suddenly given up and ready to die. No movement was seen for a long few seconds, then, with a wave of his tail, swam to the other side of the entrance. He started scrabbling and scraping at the rocks there, but still didn't come up for air.

The water was already up to Leira's shoulders. To think - these were her powers. She realised Takhorr hadn't come up for awhile, so she dived under and quickly pulled him up by one of his claws. She pulled him to the surface, noticing the water was up to their necks.

"I'm so sorry. This... is my fault. If I hadn't gotten captured..."

She paused, waiting for Takhorr to answer.

Takhorr stared at Leira for a few seconds, hating to hear her lay the blame on herself. 'No,' he said quietly. 'It's my fault. I shouldn't have betrayed Lankharra in the first place, and I shouldn't have been with you for so long. Once Lankharra saw the bond forming, he could form a plan to destroy both of us.' He pulled back, staring at the water. 'We still have a small window of time to find a way out. I can breath underwater. Maybe if I work at the base of the wall in that corner and you work away at the top, we might at least be able to make a gap in the stones. There's no time to lose!'

((I take it you like the progress shot? tongue.gif))

(( sokoaskoijfiujwiujASLKJSKJHSKJHSAIUSHAUHjkjaskjsdhdskuh. yeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ))

"It's neither of our faults"

Leira concluded. She swam over to the top and started working her way around the rocks, but as soon as she got a little stone out of the blocking, Inkheart sent another rock into it's space.

"Damn! The tar one keeps blocking it up!"

She hissed to Takhorr. She started kicking and pawing at the rocks, trying to get the water out. It was up to her chin now. The cold sting had gone, now replaced with the lull of the waves caused by her slow paddling and Takhorr's moving around. She made a few holes, causing the water to sink to her shoulders, but the holes were blocked back up.

Takhorr dragged out a rock, causing a small avalanche. As he swam back to avoid being crushed by the falling stones, he caught sight of the world outside. But almost as soon as it appeared, the hole closed up with tar. He bit his lip. This was going to take some serious work to get through.

He shot upwards, rocketing out of the water and landing with a colossal splash beside Leira. 'Go to the back of the cave and hide! Don't ask, just do!'

Lankharra landed at the entrance to his lair with a thud. He looked over at Inkheart and walked into the hallroom. Ignoring the remaining members of his army, he jumped into the air and started to fly upwards, heading for his throne.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Leira immediately darted into the back of the cave, ducking her head and watching. What was Takhorr doing? Water started filling up immediately.

((sorryaboutshortpostD:))

Takhorr glanced at Leira, then scratched himself across the neck, face and body. After allowing some blood to mingle with the water , he decided he looked enough like he had been in a scrap to convince Lankharra.

Lankharra!

In his throne room, Lankharra suddenly heard Takhorr's voice in his head. He growled viciously. Not dead yet, hmm?

Look, I've killed Leira.

Pfft, liar. Lankharra snarled, turned around and flew towards the ground. He'd better check up on them - the water wasn't doing the job. He ploughed into Jahia's cave and grabbed the bowl of water. 'Finding out why they aren't dead yet.' he muttered to Jahia. He touched the surface of the water and a clouded image appeared. As it cleared, Lankharra could see one dragon - Takhorr - in the rapidly rising water. He looked around for the other dragon, missing her in at the back of the cave. When he returned his attention to Takhorr, he saw the dragon had several large scratches on him, and seemingly had been in a large fight. He examined the water, unable to see into its dark depths, but there was a convincing amount of blood in it. He growled, scaring Jahia into a corner. 'Inkheart! Stop the water from filling the cave!'

((Yesh....Lankharra's probably not the smartest out there when it comes to being tricked, but does he have some nasty surprises lying in wait...))

(( So does Inky ))

Within seconds, the water drained and the blockage cleared. Leira freaked out when she realised she couldn't hide... and Takhorr would look like a liar. Instead she used her claws to scratch around her body. She lay on the floor, covered in blood (it looked like a lot since she had messed around with her scales a lot, but it wasn't enough to kill her) and ripped her wings - they healed when encased in her body. She closed her eyes and bit one of her gums so blood covered her teeth and gums. She looked like she had put up a fight. Now she looked truly dead.

Lankharra, who had fortunately been focusing his attention to Inkheart, now returned back to the scene in the bowl. Sure enough, there was Leira, tattered, bleeding and dead. Or so he thought.

Takhorr, I want you to come straight back here now. Don't think of trying to avoid me - I can see everything you do.

Takhorr sighed and telepathically spoke to Leira. Leira, I have to go back to Lankharra before either of us get into any more danger. He is watching my every move, so wait until I have gone well and truly away before leaving the cave. He hung his head and trotted out the cave, heading back towards Lankharra's base in the distance.

Inkheart saw Takhorr emerge. He decided not to hurt him - Lankharra must have asked him to stop the waterflow for a reason. He made tar form on his claws, then examined them.

"Try anything and I'll stop you"

He snapped.

I'll watch Takhorr. I have powers at the ready

Takhorr threw a sideways glare at Inkheart, but didn't say anything. He started running, trying to keep his distance from Inkheart.

Follow him, Inkheart. Make sure he meets me in the throne room.

Lankharra turned and left Jahia's lair and jumped into the air, flying up to the throne room.

((Grahshortypost))

Inkheart didn't have wings, so instead he jumped through the trees with the help of his tar. He made himself invisible, but it hardly worked in the sunlight. Growling, he kept on following the traitor but kept his distance, in case Takhorr was too distracted and ignored and/or couldn't see him

Takhorr maintained a steady pace in the direction of Lankharra's base, throwing infuriated glances over his shoulder at his stalker. He slowed down, too tired to keep running. However, it didn't take long before he was in front of the foreboding mountain which Lankharra resided in.

Lankharra landed on the ground with a heavy thud and walked to the entrance. He surveyed Takhorr's battered form and gave a deep, throaty laugh. 'I don't think you'll be betraying me any more, hmm?' He suddenly pushed his face close to Takhorr's and snarled. 'Because if you do, you'll never see another day.'

Takhorr glared at Lankharra, but lowered his head.

'Follow me now, Takhorr.' Lankharra turned around and walked into the hallroom, spreading his wings and taking flight. Knowing he had no choice, Takhorr scurried up a small pathway headed up to the throne room, coming out into it at the same time Lankharra landed. Lankharra looked at Inkheart.

'Inkheart, I request you pass the power of fire to me, and the power of darkness to Takhorr. You will remain in possession of the rest. And then...'

((Squee long post 8D))

"Got it"

Inkheart closed his eyes and twitched his tail. Suddenly a warm fire emerged from his chest and wandered over to Lankharra. When it came close to the dragon, the flame turned cold and passed into his body. He did the same with the shadow power.

"It'll take some time to get used to. But the fire is all yours"

He bowed and took a step back.

(( I don't know why I'm posting things so short. Actually, I'mhavingsomeguyfriendandbestfriendproblems, so yeah. Is Truffles all right now? ))

((It's Truffle - no 's' x3 But yes, she is perfectly fine now 8) ))

Lankharra grinned, holding out his clawed hand. He focused his willpower, as if ordering a flame to rise. He held himself in this pose for a good twenty seconds before a small orange glow appeared in his palm. Anther ten seconds and a flame appeared. Lankharra quickly closed his fist around the flame, extinguishing it, and turned to Inkheart. 'With some practice, I will have mastered this. It's only a matter of time...Takhorr! You had better start learning to use your new power too - and if you dare use it to work against me...' He growled, raised a fist and slammed it on the stone, a ring of fire exploding outwards in ring from it. Takhorr took a step back and nodded. He understood alright. Wordlessly, he scratched his talons across the floor, leaving a temporary trail of darkness. What exactly was Lankharra planning to do with these powers?

(( oh x3. ))

Inkheart watched Lankharra use his new powers. He also wondered what the dragon would use them for. He yawned and stepped back, watching the two. Was it that easy to kill someone you loved? He looked at Takhorr without even a thought.

Leira was already half way towards the Oracle's cave. She needed them. They needed to tell her how she could get her powers back from Inkheart. A dragon's power was their main attack. She wasn't any better a fighter without them. Growling, she flapped her wings harshly and kept on going.

Lankharra threw a glare in Takhorr's direction, indicating for Takhorr to continue practicing his new power. He walked forward, coming to the edge of the throne room and looking over the great expanse of land sprawled out before him. One day...this would all be his...

Lankharra reared up and threw back his head, letting out an earsplitting roar. His hands went up in flames, setting the edge of the throne room alight. Lankharra stopped roaring and set himself back down, watching the flames disappear. He grinned. Once he was capable of setting the entire mountain alight while still maintaining control over it, he could command the land's residents to bow down before him and accept him as the new leader...

Takhorr watched as Lankharra set the room alight. This was shaping up to be bad. He reared up and shadows formed around his paws, twining themselves up his arms and around the room. Why did Lankharra give him this power? He was sure he'd be told sometime, but for now, he could only wonder.

Leira flew through the air, watching the mountains in front of her. She needed to get to the right one - visit the Oracle. She needed advice desperately. Lankharra was too strong with Inkheart. ... Had Takhorr joined Lankharra again? She swallowed. No... no... he... l... loved her. He admitted it. Maybe he was lying.

She shook her head at her silly thoughts and landed on the side of the mountain. She knew the cave of the Oracle. Her claws lead her into the Oracle's cave. She swallowed.

"Come in"

Lankharra turned around. 'Takhorr, stay here and don't leave until I call you. Or else...' He placed a talon across Takhorr's throat and growled. Then he spread his wings, motioned for Inkheart to follow and dived back down into the hall room. Takhorr could hear his master bellowing out 'Army! Assemble!' and the scurries of intimidated dragons.

Takhorr stepped forward, looking out over the land. Where was Leira? Was she safe? He held out a paw, watching as a sphere of darkness formed on it, with what appeared to be tentacles of some sort reaching out and entwining nearby objects. He threw his paw sideways and the sphere rocketed away, smacking into the wall and exploding in a cloud of darkness.

The two headed hyrda was there again. She swallowed and bowed before them, then lifted her head.

"Hello, Leira"

"Why are you here?"

She answered the male.

"Lankharra and another dragon called Inkheart have my powers."

Oh yes, ask in 7 words. She quickly remembered.

"What will they do with the powers?"

A ball of flame appeared, merging with shadows. She could see a landscape with dragons happily flying around. More dragons came - but this time they attacked. It switched to another scene which showed a forest burnt down. It zoomed out to show the world.

All burnt and destroyed.

'Takhorr!'

Lankharra's roar echoed throughout the cave. Takhorr, who had been attempting to make a complex structure out of shadows, jumped and the structure disintegrated. He quickly turned around and leapt off the edge of the throne room, not bothering taking the pathway. While in the air, he could see the army lined up in several rows - still a good few hundred from what there originally was. Lankharra was perched on a tall rock, his assistant Inkheart on a ledge on the rock's side. Takhorr glided down, landing on a ledge on the other side of the rock. Lankharra roared, signaling he was about to explain his plan.

((Time skip to when Lankharra has unleashed disaster? >:3))

(( One sec, we'll time skip in a min ))

"W-... Oh.. my..."

The Oracle cut her off.

"Get ready Leira, for the fight of your life"

Muttered the female head. They stepped out from the cavern, lean and somewhat scarred. She noticed a few gashes across the male's face, yet the female didn't look as damaged. The male snorted and fire washed over them.

"Inkheart didn't take one of your powers. You can't get your original ones back. But your ultimate one is... very deadly. To you and time. Yet it can be used"

Leira swallowed.

"Very fatal time travel."

(( Leira can only 'time travel' a few years back, none forward, she faints after that and sometimes ends up in the wrong position from before she started the travelling. It can also kill, and she can only stay in the time period she travels to for a max of 20 minutes. So... it isn't powerplaying? ))

((I shouldn't think it's power playing (considering the powers we ave anyway xd.png) but time travel can get very confusing. So keep an eye on how you use it wink.gif ))

((I'll put up my next post after the time skip, methinks.))