DragonGirl10188

The Epic Duo (RWyvern and Draggie)

Leira read the question and thought of an answer. What was it? Probably her. She got confused, and electricity usually formed.

"I think it was my powers, I get confused - because the dragons stopped attacking - and electricity comes. Sorry"

She said, and her hearing slowly started coming back. Her ears were ringing, but sound started to drain in.

"I think I'm fine..."

She quickly said, rubbing her ears.

"What I said before... is it true?"

She was talking about his emotions towards her. Love.

Takhorr caught his breath again, finding himself gazing deep into Leira's eyes. He lowered his head, tracing a claw nervously across the ground. What was he feeling? He suddenly felt shaky, cold and his heart was racing. It only took the mention of that one word to make him feel that way.

Love.

Silence reigned for what seemed an hour. Finally, Takhorr tried to say something, but it came out as a choked, strangled noise. Embarrassed, he stared intently at the ground as if willing the grains of soil to spell his thoughts out for him. He eventually whispered, nearly inaudibly: 'Yes.'

'Yes'

Leira held her breath, swallowing down her sore throat. Love? Oh... god. She was young, well, 2300 years old, ready for a mate, but was she ready for the one who killed Hireny and her parents? She'd just met him yesterday... but they'd unleashed hell together, literally and stopped it at the same time. Within a day.

"I...uhm..."

She had no idea what to say. As she looked into his eyes, hers were clear. She loved him back. Admit that? How?

Takhorr broke the gaze between them, glancing behind him. He felt very on edge, as though more dragons were going to appear out of nowhere. He stepped sideways to his left a bit. 'I think we both need to escape this treacherous land. Shall we go?' He looked into the distance, back at Leira and towards the distance again.

"Takhorr..." Leira paused. "Takhorr, you can't fly. I'm staying here"

Leira looked at his almost shredded wings, covered in scars from the battle. He clearly couldn't fly, or maybe he had suddenly healed. He could just be tired. She'd never leave her 'hero' alone. Four times and running, well, three, and she had saved his life a few times.

'I can walk, alright? Lankharra obviously has a plan to kill us, and even though he's wary of your powers, there will eventually be a time when even you won't be able to stop him. Here we have no home. There's no food or water within eyeshot!'

He stopped, taking deep breaths.

'Unless you have other ideas,' he said.

(( that sounded weird for a second o.O ))

"Open up hell again?"

Leira gave a chuckle, almost choking with her very dry throat. She quickly thought of all the sad things she could, until she had almost forgotten she was actually trying to make herself sad. Channelling all her sorrow, the dragoness saw a stream of water coming towards her. From the nearest water source, but only a little. It was dripping, but still. About the size of a small snake, it was enough to make their throats and stomachs wet for an hour at the most.

"Here, you first"

Leira turned it towards him, and quickly slipped some down his throat. She gave him most of it, and drank a little herself.

((Ohgodyou'reright*dies*xd.png))

Takhorr lapped up the water eagerly, suddenly aware of how thirsty he really was. And he was hungry. Lankharra was never one for an easy life in the mountains, and he forced his warriors to undergo the same treatment. He claimed it kept them lean and fit. But everyone knew otherwise, but were too scared to tell him.

He lifted his head, looking around for signs of prey around the area. He was not expecting anything in the burnt landscape, however.

"I don't eat vines either"

Leira sighed, seeing him hungry. There was no prey, besides maybe a few vultures? She turned up, and surely, there were. Circling around, watching the bodies of the ones in the kingdom, or who had faced Takhorr and her.

"Vultures, you go left, I go right"

She signalled up to the big birds. Vultures were delicious, and sometimes hard to kill. Lifting into the air, she remembered Takhorr couldn't fly. So instead she drove the screeching to the ground, and they landed, pecking at her with sharp beaks and talons. She attacked a few, and left the rest to Takhorr.

Takhorr grinned and slunk to his left, taking a wide circle around the birds. He crouched behind a burnt log, watching as Leira herded the birds towards the ground. With their attention focused on her, Takhorr crept forward, step by step, like a hunting cat. He froze when he was within a couple dozen metres from them. Then he dashed towards them, taking the last few metres at a leap, claws outstretched. Here he was in his element. He snatched one by the neck before it even realized what was coming and entangled another with his antennae. In no more than a few second he had three large birds down, enough for both him and Leira.

The other birds screeched, flying into the air. They soon became small, black dots as they disappeared into the clouds. Leira stepped forward and pulled one of the three large vultures back, then lay down in front of it and ate. She was too hungry to notice it had feathers on, making a bit of a disgusting taste, but who cared? Better than death. She left the other two for Takhorr.

((Someone told me that the photo in my siggy looked like I've cut out a picture of real horses's head and placed it on some paper xd.png))

Takhorr grabbed the vulture nearest to him, trying to resist the urge to just rip its head off. He turned away from Leira to do his eating, concealing it with his wings. He turned around again, this time with a feather stuck to the tip of his nose. He carelessly brushed it off and snapped at the second bird.

(( lol. Looks so real, that is almost true! ))

Leira finished off hers and licked the blood from her teeth. Swallowing down the last piece of meat, she felt the ground. Vines... nature... water in nature. She was already in her pride from taking down some vultures and a whole army, so she pulled out some vines. Sadness quickly ran over her when she thought of water.

"Ha! I'm learning!"

The words slipped from her mind and out of her mouth. She could think of some elements and then get that emotion. Quickly, she drew some water and waved the stream in front of Takhorr, then drank some of her own. There was a lot of water in the vines, so she put some over her body.

"Want a shower?"

She chuckled.

(( ajfksdjskijsdlshsd. Thatsoundssowrongimsounproudified ))

((My ratteh's sick ;_;))

'Learning what?'

Takhorr came over, having finished the last bird. He flinched as she suddenly waved a stream of water in his face. Water droplets landed on his face, slipping down and leaving streaks across his skin, which was now noticeably covered in a certain degree of soot. Noticing the streaks down his snout, he nodded. 'Yes, I think it would be an idea to get all this soot off.'

((Meanwhile Lankharra's getting ready to hunt down Takhorr...ooh, I'm looking forward to this >:D))

(( NOOOOOOOO. Minor or severe or in the middle? I hope Truffles is fine D8 ))

Leira quickly let the water slip over his body and gathered more from the vines. She took a sip herself and let the vines sink into the ground. They looked lighter and more shrivelled out when they left, but they weren't dying, they were.

"Let me scout on ahead, maybe there's land"

She sighed, and didn't even want a reply. She got up onto her paws and lifted into the clouds, now able to fly with a good feed, shower, and drink.

Slinking through the wilderness, his paws hardly touching the ground, he thought of what to say. He was heading towards Lankharra's cave.

His name was Inkheart.

He was a black male, his body slender and his wings full. Scars littered his body, as from the souls he had easily killed with his sharp claws. His jaws were strong and shadows were his power. He reached the cave and stepped into it, almost.

"Lankharra?"

He hissed softly.

"It's Inkheart."

Actually, he already had talked to Lankharra. He had sent a raven (they were his servants of the night) to the cave with a special, red mark of the dragon on it's wing. Maybe the evil dragon had eaten it... too bad.

((It's either a tracheal infection, however she doesn't have discharge or anything, or most likely a secondary tumour. The vet thinks that judging by the weight loss and Truffle's loud breathing that it's cancerous and in or around the lungs. She's been given a shot as a pain relief, but it's looking like we only have a few more days with her ;_;))

Takhorr watched Leira leave and looked around for shelter. He spied a hollowed out tree, appropriately on its side and with a hole in it. He slipped over to it and crawled inside. Here, he could remain hidden.

Lankharra set down his helmet on a sine and headed for the cave entrance. He was in the middle of sharpening his weapons, and was currently working on sharpening his helmet's horn. Perfect for head-butting opponents.

He looked out of the main cave and saw Inkheart. He casually motioned for the dragon to come nearer. 'You may enter,' he said, backing away into the hallroom again. 'What brings you here?'

Edited by rampaging wyvern

(( D: we found out we only have a few months with our lumpy Lucy. That's why I want a pet portrait of her c:. I can't post right now and might not be on for a few days, mum and dad are having a really bad fight. kay? don't worry. ))

((Aww poor Lucy D: Truffle's suddenly perked up and we're hoping it's just a tracheal infection after all. And I've been very away from the keyboard recently - these past few days haven't been kind to me. The darn lethargy ;_; I haven't even done any more drawing.

Let me know when you're back!))

(( Back~ We took a holiday to Bunbury c: Lovely town. We even saw a dolphin at a dolphin center, it was fun! Big, big female called Picknick - it had a nick on it's dorsal fin - <3. ))

"I have heard about... your ordeal. Leira and Takhorr I believe, and dragons you've hired not doing their job. I, myself, am an assassin. I've killed every dragon assigned to me, from incredibly large to speedy and small. I wish to take on an assignment, as I've dealt with Takhorr's species before and fought many with Leira's powers. Her species aren't the strongest either"

Swallowing, he took a breath and looked at Lankharra.

((Ooh nice! I went horse riding today, did Musical Mats...lost both times cos Carly was so slooooooow....))

Lankharra scraped a claw against the wall. 'Leira has powers that are out of this world. She managed to vanquish over half of my entire army in one fell swoop! And destroyed the land not long before!' He decomposed himself, realizing he was beginning to rage. 'Takhorr knows he is protected well by Leira and rarely strays far from her. It might be a good tactic to take each one down when they are apart.' He looked over his shoulder. 'If you like, I can call some of my soldiers out to discuss tactics with what they have learnt and what I already know. Maybe even find out what the traitor is doing right now.'

Inkheart sighed.

"Out on the burnt fields, Leira went out to search for shelter, Takhorr's picking meat off some vulture bones. I see it all"

He grinned and took a breath.

"Leira's powers are weak compared to others. Sooner, it will kill her if she doesn't get control. I've learnt she's trying to control it by... well... If she wants to control water she gets herself sad, thinks of mad things if she feels like a bit of fire, you know. But that's draining her energy. Soon she'll stick to one power, but it will be extremely powerful. Right now, I can take away her powers forever. I have... an ability even stronger than hers"

Inkheart sharpened his claws when he talked, and after a minute, turned his head towards Lankharra.

(( It was! She came like, within a few centre meters of us. She popped up behind mum and I thought it was a shark xd.png. Horses like to be slow sometimes x3. I keep carrots in my pockets and Crisie does a lot of stuff better than usual. I've been learning to play polocrosse - damn, how do you spell it? - a bunch of sports including soft cross, but you do all of it on a horse c: ))

Lankharra gave a dry, soft laugh. 'Excellent,' he hissed. 'Takhorr has no powers whatsoever, which is why he relies on Leira so much. Take out Leira first...then I will step in and show Takhorr what happens to those who betray their boss!'

((My ratteh's nearly better. It seems to be a respiratory infection, but it's clearing up :3

Carly's not allowed any carrots. She's 22 years old and can't have any treats. Shame - she might perform better with them xd.png))

(( xd.png. Good for Truffles and Carly.. I suppose? Crisie is only 7 years, and she has a foal who is currently 1 year old. When Crisie had her, we couldn't keep another foal so we gave her to the stables we keep Crisie in... since our house isn't fit for a horse.

saokfdkdsk. I can imagine Crisie taking a bath now X3. ))

"Yes, yes, very excellent. I will set out, take her powers. Speaking of this, should I take them and keep her captive... then maybe send a message through Takhorr's dreams... you know, showing Leira and where I'm keeping her. It'll lure him in, and you can take his life"

Not waiting for an answer, Inkheart spread his wings and set out into the sky. He blended in with the almost black sky. It wasn't raining though, just spreading sorrow over the burnt land.

Lankharra grinned. 'It's perfect. Well done, Inkheart.' He turned away as Inkheart flew away, his mind working overtime. Ooh yes...this was going to work out beautifully.

((RAWR mindblank 'scuse short post X_X))

(( I'm tired, so expect short... maybe? I'm just predicting deh future!!! C: ))

Quickly creeping over the horizon, Inkheart pinned down Leira's scent. He dived and flew right above the trees, until he reached the burnt battlefield. He kept following Leira's scent, making himself invisible in case Takhorr wanted to peak up at the sky. Letting the world blur and only smell take over, he followed her trail until he reached a clearing. An elk herd was happily grazing, not sensing his invisible body. Turning up, he saw the scent shot into the clouds.

He followed, until he found her.

Outside of a small cave, about to lift off. As he caught a glimpse of the inside, he realised the rock shelter was bigger than it seemed. Too bad. He made himself visible and stood behind her.

Leira turned around, and the life fell out of her chest.

Frightened, weak and cold, Leira hissed. It was now spitting rain, getting stronger. She backed into a tree, resulting in a bruise or two, and Inkheart advanced on her. Within seconds, he had disappeared. Suddenly black tar spread over her body, folding her wings back and pressing her claws against the palms of her paw. Black ink wrapped around her muzzle and nose. Unable to breath, she blanked out