DragonGirl10188

The Epic Duo (RWyvern and Draggie)

Takhorr reared up, trying to see further into the cave. Strange - everyone seemed to have...disappeared. Was that dragon still there? Yes, she was, doing something with...vines, it seemed. Tearing his eyes away, he turned around to continue escaping. He started running, only to be stopped a mere few metres away. His wrist caught on a branch and a resounding crack echoed throughout the night. Takhorr let out a pained yelp, then gritted his teeth. Must...not...make...a sound! he told himself. Although it was probably futile, as others may have already heard him. He gingerly tested his paw on the ground, lifting it again as a sharp pain whipped up his arm.

((your cue >:3))

(( what? what cue ball? are we playing pool? 8D ))

Leira heard a crack and a cry... were they spying on her? Fire swelled up in her chest, but she wasn't going to try and use it. She got onto her paws and crept towards the bush she had heard it in... before her she saw a dragon. His species was unfamiliar, but his scent was draconian. He wasn't from the kingdom either, but somewhere she didn't know about. His scent told her all of this.

Pursing her lips, she sat down and used her claws to flip his hurting foot to one side. How'd the magic healer dragon do this? She wondered what he was thinking, but snapped back to it.

Leira turned around and blew out a breath... no fire... nothing. She touched the ground lightly then hard with her claws... still nothing. What emotion was she feeling? She thought... but her brain was muddled up. Suddenly she realised a spark of lightning was twitching on one of her claws. Confusion? Electricity maybe. She needed to learn to control her emotions.

She turned back, plucked some leaves off the nearest plant and wrapped it around his foot. The healy-powery dragon in the kingdom had used special herbs and powers. She didn't have neither of them. She secured the leaf... a stranger healing another strange dragon's claw? She sighed and noticed there was no electricity on her claw. No powers streaming out... good. She could learn to control them.

"Mild sprain"

Leira remembered spending her time as a hatchling with the magical 'healy' dragon... the injury seemed like a sprain... was it? She shrugged.

((If we were, that would be interesting. I don't play it much, and when I do I have a tendency to send things flying biggrin.gif))

Takhorr took a few uncertain steps back, watching the dragon approaching. What was she going to do? She didn't look like she was going to intentionally hurt him, however...

He held his ground as she took his injured paw, wincing slightly as she turned it. He watched her, slightly puzzled, and nearly jumped when he thought he saw a small spark of electricity on her claws. He tried to catch her eyes, but she was focused on the task at hand and didn't appear to notice. He watched as the dragon bound up his injured paw. A sprain...that was good. Not exactly what he wanted to hear, but it was better than it being broken. 'Th-thank you...' he said, looking at her closely.

"Welcome... you're welcome"

Leira muttered, shuffling back. She expected the stranger to run when she started touching it, but he only whinced. As any dragon would with a sprain. She got onto her paws, not seeming to trust the stranger, and walked back to the field she was practicing in. She made herself confused by wondering what the race of that dragon was, why was it here with blood on it's claws (she had thought it was hare blood), and what should she do, go back to the kingdom or stay in the wild? She flicked her claw up and a little storm cloud appeared. She grinned and tightened her fist into the closest thing to a fist a dragon could. It let out little drops of rain, more as she squeezed tighter. She bent forward and tasted it... mmm. It felt nice down her parched throat.

Leira rose into the air like a horse rearing - only she was sitting and weighed 10 tonnes more -, which made little sparks of lightning come out. A tiny roar emerged from the cloud, like the roar of an almost grown hatchling. She flicked her tail towards the ground and everything vanished, rain, lightning, thunder and the cloud. She grinned, and flicked her tail upwards. Shadows emerged from the ground. Ugh. Proud... shadows. She made them slide back into the earth.

She knew she'd be able to learnt to control her emotions and powers... but how?

Edited by DragonGirl10188

Takhorr watched the dragon as she walked off and looked at his paw. He had been worried as to what she'd think of the blood on them, but she had not paid any attention to it. He started to lick them clean, carefully on his injured paw, and crept after the dragon. He stopped some distance away when he saw her form a cloud. Intrigued, he crept still closer. Then he saw the shadows emerging from the ground and drew back in mild shock. He looked around towards the cliff as he heard a loud roar.

Leira heard the roar as well, pricking her ears and frowning. Oh god... what was that? She spread her wings and lifted into the air, looking around for anyone. No one... but she could still smell the injured dragon she had tried to heal. She turned around and started flying west, away from the kingdom.

She heard the roar even louder this time and stopped midair. She turned around... but too late. A fireball was being shot her way. It hit her square in... everywhere and she fell down through the air, without a word, she crashed through the trees and to the ground. Hurt and burnt.

Takhorr looked after the dragon as she took off, then returned to the task he originally had at hand. He started running again, to nowhere in particular - he needed to find a way back around the mountain kingdom. He flattened his ears against his head as the roar sounded again and instinctively looked over his shoulder, just in time to see a large fireball striking the dragon who had helped him. He stopped running as she fell. He took a tentative step in her direction. No - he couldn't go help her, he had bigger tasks to accomplish. Yet...he felt the need to go and help her. Something about her had his attention. His thoughts drifted off to thinking if his master...large and foreboding, ruthless and cruel. To disobey him would mean the biggest punishment he could come up with.

'Screw this,' Takhorr muttered. He turned around and started running towards the place he saw Leira go down. He was fighting with himself while running, as part if him was telling to Help her! while another was screaming Go back! Do not disobey your master! But he kept running, trying to find Leira. Eventually, reaching the trees, he could keep in the darkness much more easily. 'You okay?' he called out softly. 'Where are you?'

Leira could hardly breath out a word, she was shocked and her scales burnt along with some of her flesh. A familiar voice rung in her ears, a crackled message in her ears. Her ears were ringing and her vision wobbly.

"Here..."

She coughed out. Usually if someone tried to help her, she'd shoo them off. But she had just been shot with a fireball, this was an exception. She felt a strong gush of wind against her fur, soothing her scales, but hurting her flesh further. Frightened... she was frightened. Lovely. She tried to stop her fright, lying still in pain.

Takhorr hurried over in the direction of the voice. He jumped over a log, nearly landing on top of Leira. He gazed over her limp form. What to do now...

'Just rest here, okay? You're in shock. We can see to the burns in a bit.' He covered her body partially with his wing, in the hopes of keeping her hidden. Then he asked 'Do you have any idea what had happened back there?'

"Long story... whole kingdom mad at me for something I didn't do"

Leira realised she was in shock... her head was thudding almost out of her chest and her scales rattled. She curled up a little, but cried out when burnt flesh touched burnt scales. She looked up and realised the fireball had lighten up the trees around them... with only one escape.

"Theres an exit... quick... go... it's about to... flame up!"

Takhorr felt the slightest pang of guilt and toyed with the idea of admitting his actions. But he pushed the thought away - it would probably be better not to mention it. He looked around as he heard a crackling sound and saw the fire. Not good. 'Right...come on, come with me!' he said, nudging her with his snout.

Leira growled softly when he tried to get her out. She got up onto her feet, and found herself limping in one leg. She ignored it, even though she wanted to scream, and limped through the exit. A tree suddenly fell in front of her, no more exits. She turned around, swallowing, and took his claws, then spread her wings and lifted off, dragging him through the air by an inch. He was heavy...

((GAHDAMMIT THIS LAG))

Takhorr gave a startled yelp as he suddenly found himself being lifted up into the air. His tail brushed the ground and he realized that he was probably a dead weight to Leira. As weak as his wings were, he could at least try to make it easier. He started beating them, gritting his teeth with the effort. A flame licked the tip of his tail. Just keep beating your wings...just keep beating them... he instructed himself.

It helped when the dragon started flapping his wings, as she wasn't a strong flier even alone. She knew she was terrified, so she blew a gust of wind under him, rising him up a little and pushing the flames away for a second. She felt the heat in her mane, as it trapped warmth in there and radiated it around her body. She was meant to be on a high, snowy mountain somewhere. But it was a bit warm here.

Leira tried to keep him in her grip, sending blasts of wind under him to lift him higher every few minutes. Eventually they were out of the burning forest and she touched down on the edge of a cliff. Panting, she let go of him and scrambled to the edge, watching the dark night. Suddenly the pain hit her - her paw. Was it broken? She pursed her lips... no... she'd be screaming.

'Are you okay?' Takhorr asked her, seeing her show some discomfort. He nervously sidled up to her, his pulse beginning to pound in his ears. He shook his head in an attempt to stop the noise, but to no avail. He drew in a slightly shuddering breath. 'Your name? I don't believe I ever asked...'

Leira ignored his question... she wanted to answer... but why? She swallowed her thoughts down and looked at the ground, holding back tears. Her life was gone.

"I'm not fine"

She told the truth, but pulled her paw away. Sure, she was in pain, but she didn't need his help. She blinked her eyes, but forming more tears. Her eyes were watery and her body shook a little.

Takhorr tentatively scratched his brow. He had no idea what to do in such a situation. Silence reigned for a minute.

'Perhaps...you could tell me what's wrong?' Something told him that there was more to the pain than just her paw. At the same time he felt an inward jolt of fear. Your master will not be pleased. That same voice as before shot through his thoughts, reminding him of what he was doing wrong.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Leira paused... would she tell him? He saved her life, he should know the truth... but would he want to know? She sighed, swallowed and lay down.

"Hireny, our king, was killed. I was his royal guard... I was leaning over his dead body when the rest of the dragons arrived. They chased me...I...

She didn't want to talk anymore. She shook her head and rose into the air, spreading her wings and flying out into the night. Shaking her head again, she remembered everything. Her father and mother had died like that, their throats ripped out. Her throat clogged up and tears ran out of her ears.

She let out a roar of sorrow... and rage.

(( We should say Takhorr killed her parents... she could find out. ))

Takhorr immediatly felt an intense wave of guilt. He didn't try to follow Leira as she left - he was too wrapped up in memories.

'Kill them. The world has no need for them, and they are in the way of our goal.'

Takhorr stood before his master in the darkness of the cave, awaiting the instructions for his next task. 'Tell me your plans exactly. I can't just go and kill them, you know.'

The evil dragon smiled. 'The king's guardians provide to much of a risk. Attacking the king without finishing them first is just asking for trouble. They must be killed first, and the rest if our plan can be worked in secret.'

'Understood, master. Anything else I should know?'

'They have a hatchling, who will also be brought up as a guard. Kill her, too. You will find her in a small cave, just under the broken wall, behind her mother. Her mother will never leave that spot, so it will be easy to find. That is all you have to do. Kill them. It's hardly anything. You just have to avoid being caught.'

'Understood. I promise not to let you down this time...Lankharra.'

And he had. Three times. First of all, he failed to kill the hatchling, letting her escape. Secondly, he had followed the now grown up hatchling, without intentions of harming her. And lastly, he was disobeying Lankharra's orders to come straight back after each task - ignoring the voice tat was screaming at back of his head. He jolted back to the real world at the sound of an angry roar, and fattened himself against the ground. He hadn't come clean the first time - he couldn't very well admit that he killed the king...and Leira's parents.

Leira flew around in circles a few times, practicing her fire accidentally at the same time. She thought about things... Hireny was dead. Her parents dead. Probably killed by the same dragon. She stopped midair, her eyes fluttering a little. She needed to find out who did this - there was a legend about a dragon called the Oracle. Well, not much of a legend, but the truth. She started flying back in the direction of the dragon. She found the cliff, flying shallow to the ground, but in the air.

"My name is Leira, and follow me or not, I'm going to the Oracle to find out who killed Hireny... who also killed my parents"

Takhorr tried his best to look normal, but his ears were still laid back against his head. 'Uhm - I thought the Oracle was just a myth? That's what I was always taught...anyway, I think I need to head back home now. It's late.'

((Ooh Leira's gonna be so mad when she finds out >:D))

(( oohh, you wait c; ))

"It's not a myth, the kingdom has seen it"

Leira sighed, not saying goodbye. Instead she lifted off into the sky, hearing light raindrops land on the ground. It started to hammer down on her and the land, but she kept flying it. She needed to know who the hell killed Hireny and her parents.

Then kill them the same way.

Takhorr dug his claws angrily into the ground, scolding himself. As rain started to fall, he turned and started making his way towards the high, black, jagged mountains far away on the horizon - the home of his master.

What was his master going to say, or even worse, do? What will Leira do if she found out he did it? He shook his head in disbelief. All his life...he had been told that killing was good fun and an excellent way to remove the unwanted citizens. But tonight, he was thinking differently.

He slipped under a fallen tree, hearing more anguished roars from the kingdom behind him. His master would now be able to take it over as soon as he pleased, and nothing would be quite the same. Lives would be shattered, dragons would be ruined. Takhorr had no idea why he was even thinking these thoughts, and he stared at the black mountains in the distance, telling himself that he did the right thing.

Tonight was a dark night.

The sky was like inky black tar, clouds rolling over and hiding the stars, pelting Leira's scales and wings with water. She swallowed, touching down on the land. She rested for a minute then rose into the night again. The Oracle was west, just a day away. He gave out wisdom to the nearby kingdoms who kept the code and didn't do anything they didn't need to. She shut her eyes a bit to keep the rain from coming in, but kept on travelling.

Lankharra paced angrily back and forth in his cave, angrily throwing a rock down. Takhorr was late. He roared and finally sent a telepathic message.

Takhorr? Where the hell are you?!

Takhorr jumped as the roar resounded in his head. I'm just coming, okay? Hireny's been killed, no problem with that. The kingdom's open for takeover.

Great. Now get back here before you are caught and ruin all my plans. NOW!

Takhorr grunted a reply and started running again. The rain had become really heavy by now and he slipped several times, causing his paw to hurt for a moment.