DragonGirl10188

The Epic Duo (RWyvern and Draggie)

Lankharra strode into Jahia's cave and demanded that he handed over the bowl. Intimidated, Jahia was quick to respond, reaching around and dragging his precious water around, pushing it towards Lankharra. He then backed into a corner as Lankharra stared intensely at the water.

How was Inkheart doing? Lankharra touched the surface of the water with a claw. As the ripples faded out, Lankharra could make out two dragons, one on the ground. As the image became clearer, he recognized one of the dragons as Inkheart and the other as Leira. Fantastic! Lankharra quickly sent a telepathic message to Inkheart.

Keep Leira in that cave. Do whatever you wish to her, I just need something to lure the traitor in!

He reached out and touched the water again, this time to find out what Takhorr was doing. As the image cleared up, he could see nothing but a log. He raised an eyebrow (?) in confusion, then saw movement around the side of it. Takhorr emerged from the log, taking a few tentative steps forward and looking around. Lankharra grinned and sent another message.

I've found him.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

(( Bah, gold is hard to read D:. Changing to red... ))

I'll send him the message. You know where I am

Inkheart plopped Leira next to the wall, grinning as the black tar sunk into the ground. He made a puddle of it in front of her as she awoke, and Takhorr appeared in the tar.

"Takhorr!"

Leira yelped, as she knew he could hear her.

"Ru-"

But she was cut off as she tasted black, inky tar. It spread over her muzzle and cut off her speech.

Lankharra turned around and hurried back into the hallroom. He began equipping himself with whatever he could lay his claws on - claw armour, a strange dagger like object, his horned helmet - it may be overkill, but Lankharra found satisfaction in that. After strapping some barbed spurs to his heels, he exited the cave and spread his leathery wings, taking off into th night sky.

((Touch confused as to what is happening with the tar - I'm assuming it's like some sort of holographic thingamajig enabling Takhorr to see and hear what is going on. x3))

Takhorr jumped when he heard Leira call his name. He looked around, confused as he thought she had gone searching. He was even more confused when Leira was nowhere to be seen. He cautiously stepped forward and turned his head to see forwards again when he heard a cut off cry, only to see Leira in front of him. Or so it seemed. It was transparent and not quite there. As Takhorr stared harder at the vision, he noticed that Leira was bound in some sort of a black tar. Realizing that she was in trouble, Takhorr stepped up closer to her. 'Leira! What's happened!?' He craned his neck around the illusion, as though he was attempting to see the location from a different angle and find out what was going on.

((Ratteh's getting better c: her breathing's really quiet now))

(( yes c: and yyaaayyy. Kiss her better for me! Well.. I kiss my dogs xd.png. Rats aren't so different? Despite the fact dogs eat them... D: D: *don't let Truffles read this* ))

Leira shook her head in frustration, making sure Takhorr couldn't come to her rescue. But no matter what, her signals were muddled up. Her image shimmered and she disappeared from Takhorr's sight. Looking down, she realised the tar was glowing a lightly blue, then purple... all her powers she had learnt so far. Gasping, she knew what was coming.

He was taking her powers.

((I kiss Truffle all the time, despite warnings of the *fatal* disease they can transmit xd.png))

Takhorr realized that Leira was in big trouble, and by the shaking of her head, obviously didn't want him to come. But he couldn't go anyway - he didn't know where she was. Leira suddenly vanished, leaving Takhorr staring into the distance. The dragon jumped back a bit, then drew a deep breath and roared. 'Where are you and who is responsible?!' A thought suddenly struck him with the weight of a boulder being dropped on him and he lowered his head. Almost certainly, Lankharra had something to do with this. He set his teeth and looked in the direction of Lankharra's lair. I hate you. he thought. I hate you!

Lankharra sent another message to his ally. I'm flying in your direction. I'll take a slight detour to catch Takhorr's attention and make sure he follows. I'll be there in about ten minutes at the most.

Good. I'm just storing her powers away, so she can't attack me or you

The powers were already gone from her body. She felt faint, and immediately slumped into the tar.

(( she's unconscious X3. I kiss Lucy and Abby, they never bite mah face C: All though... Abby is 10 months old... sooo... ))

((Our puppeh Bella no liek being taken to bed. She growls. She's a silly dog xd.png))

Lankharra soon saw the log far below on the ground and he lowered his altitude, scanning the ground in a manner akin to an eagle searching for his prey. There - not more than a couple metres from the log was the traitor. Lankharra pulled a knife from his armour, making sure to brandish it in clear view. He pulled down a bit lower, then veered to his right and continued on his course towards the cave Inkheart was in.

Takhorr growled as he saw Lankharra fly overhead. The blade and some armour caught the slightest glimmer of light from a barely visible moon before fading off again. Takhorr shrieked in a sudden explosion of fury and began the chase. It hadn't occurred to him that he was being led into a trap; all he could think of was Leira, held confined at at the mercy of another, with Lankharra on his way to kill her or something equally nasty. It was times like this he wished he could fly, but he was keeping up well with his natural agility and speed.

((I'ma watch Titanic tomorrow x3 Looks good, but very sad...))

(( x3. Abby's mummy is named Bella... all though we bought Abs from a breeder. The puppies there tried to eat me, while she settled down on our laps ;.; then she turned into this. ))

Inkheart heard what was happening outside. He leant against the cave wall, sharpening his claws. Leira was unconscious with no powers, covered in tar. He chuckled. No way was she getting out of this.

(( pffft. Short. ))

Lankharra landed heavily in the cave. He walked slowly towards Leira, shaking his head and looking at her limp form. 'Oh Leira, Leira...such a shame to be brought down like this. I wouldn't worry...your boyfriend is on his way to rescue you.' He chuckled dryly and turned his back to her, looking at Inkheart. 'Traitor is on his way. Be ready.'

Takhorr ran across the muddy landscape, his paws slipping on mud and wet logs. Looking at the sky, it was clouded over and raining heavily, with a storm brewing on the horizon. He had lost sight of Lankharra, but knew where to go, as Lankharra had been on a definite route. He leaped over a log and instead of solid ground on the other side, his paws met air and he fell down a small cliff ino a ravine. Upon hitting the ground, he lay stunned for a minute. As he gradually came back to full alert, he realized that he had landed not more than twenty metres from a large, forbidding cave.

(( Carly looks good! And yeah, sorry. School's popped up. I'll be on every day though, after 3. ))

Hide, lure him deep into the cave

Inkheart hissed telepathically. He adapted himself to the shadows, quickly blending in with the darknesss. His eyes strayed to Leira, who was still unconscious and powerless. Lankharra was hopefully going to hide, then attack Takhorr when the silly little traitor skipped into the cave.

((School is such a time waster....))

Lankharra stepped backwards into the cave wall and crouched there in the darkness. He held his wings over and in front of him like a tent, completely hidden from view. He could see through a small tear in one of his wings.

Takhorr edged towards the cave, staring into the darkness for Lankharra. Unable to see the adversary, he stepped into the cave a short distance. He paused there, sniffing the air. Then he lowered his head and pressed it against the ground.

Lankharra would have growled if he could. Takhorr was attempting to find him by vibrations. He held his breath and hoped Inkheart was doing the same. A long half minute went by before Takhorr lifted his head again.

Takhorr hadn't sensed any vibrations and was beginning to doubt the cave had anyone in it. He walked forward further, his antennae coming in handy in the darkness. As his eyes grew accustomed to the dark, he thought he could just make out the shape of a slumped and lifeless dragon at the far side of the cave. He drew his breath and hurried over. It was Leira! He placed a paw on her and gently shook her. 'Leira! Can you hear me?' He snatched his paw away as he suddenly noticed a black tar on and around her. 'No...' he said, not wanting to believe what he was seeing. He looked over his shoulder, thinking he heard a slight sound. He turned around. 'I know that's you...Lankharra,' he said to the hidden dragon.

Lankharra growled. He sent a message to Inkheart. I'm going for him now.

((Ack...so hot...))

(( It's storming here... since Monday and until Sunday D:. One of our plastic chairs blew from one area, over the pool fence and into the pool xd.png. But there are these creepy people wandering around our neighbourhood, acting all weird and... yeah xd.png. We reported them. ))

I'll trap his claws

Quickly springing into action, Inkheart made tar appear from the air (since there was little oil in the air, he was able to expand it and make it stronger and stretchier) and wrap around Takhorr's feet. A ring of tar wrapped around the dragon's muzzle.

Do what you wish with him.

((Wow, that sounds like some stormy weather xd.png We had a bit of thunder earlier and a storm forecasted for tomorrow.

We have some strange people living next door to us.))

Takhorr jumped backwards as the tar caught his claws, losing his balance and falling to the ground. He managed to let out an infuriated shriek before his jaws were trapped, leaving him to writh on the stone floor.

Lankharra lifted his wings, revealing himself. He flicked an armoured claw on the stone, making a spark fly. Taking advantage if his size, he strode up to Takhorr. Takhorr hissed as his enemy stood over him.

'Oh, Takhorr...now you see what happens to those who betray their masters.' Lankharra's voice dripped with a false sorrow. 'Too bad your girlfriend will not be able to help you.' He brandished a claw, holding it above Takhorr's head. 'Such a shame you have to go this way...leaving your darling Leira to her fate...'

He observed Takhorr carefully. He could kill him right there and then, but he also wanted to take out his anger on the traitor. He slammed a hand down on Takhorr's chest and sent another message to Inkheart. Disable him in some way and then let him fight. I want to show him just what he's messing with...

((And the aforementioned strange people? They are supposed to demolish the house next door and rebuild two in its place. Guess how many years they've been at it :3))

(( 600? THEY'REVAMPIRES. They asked for a "Mick", and been here twice asking the same question. Our neighbour was robbed as well... so me and my sister went to get bird seed at the shop and we parked in front of a pharmacy with both a security installed sign and 'come in, we're open!'. I said we should get the security sign and my sister thought I meant the come in sign. xd.png. If a thief came to a house and saw that... but I'm not all that scared. We have locks on our doors, and the only door we don't have a lock on is guarded by two staffies.... ))

Inkheart made the tar go under Takhorr's scales. It would make his feet feel heavy and they wouldn't move properly - he hoped. Watching Lankharra, he didn't notice Leira was stirring.

Takhorr jumped up as soon as his feet were unbound, but the tar appeared to be working its way into them. He felt them gradually feel heavier and he chewed his front paw in an attempt to remove the tar, but to no avail. He looked up as Lankharra approached, now standing on his hind legs and freeing his forelimbs. Takhorr hissed and backed up into the cave wall. He ducked to the side as Lankharra swept his claws down. The two stared at each other. 'So you want a fight, huh?' Takhorr hissed. He jumped up and slammed a paw on Lankharra's neck, but the opponent hooked a claw into Takhorr's wing, effectively shredding it and rendering it useless. Takhorr scrabbled onto Lankharra's back and started snapping at the dragon's neck when Lankharra threw himself back into the cave wall. Takhorr, seeing he was in danger of being crushed, tried to jump away in time. His right wrist seized up and he only jumped half out of the way as Lankharra slammed against the wall, trapping Takhorr's hips against his immense weight. Takhorr shrieked and whipped a claw at Lankharra's unprotected chest, leaving four deep scratches. It was enough to get Lankharra away from the wall, freeing Takhorr. Takhorr's right hind leg hurt to move, but nonetheless he took another leap at Lankharra, this time aiming for the head. He latched on, trying to claw out his adversary's eyes. Lankharra grabbed Takhorr around the waist and attempted to wrench him away. Finding that Takhorr was not going to let go, he charged at the wall to try and impale the attacker with his helmet's spike. Takhorr saw what was coming and leapt away, landing neatly on the floor and turning to Lankharra again.

Lankharra smashed into the wall, his neck snapping sideways and half-stunning him. He prevented himself from falling over by using the wall as a support and turned to face Takhorr. 'This fight is just getting started...' he growled menacingly, turning around to face Takhorr. Takhorr charged and jumped for a third time at Lankharra, but this time the furious leader was ready for it. He swiped an armoured fist at Takhorr, catching him full in the chest and sending him flying into the wall, just next to Leira. Takhorr fell down onto the ground, in pain and shaking. But this wasn't over. It couldn't be over.

((The guys next door have been at this project for - wait for it - six years. And in the meantime they have done absolutely nothing. Maybe trucked in mounds of soil, made a mess of the garden and allowed it to become overgrown, but that's it. There seems to be something fishy going on, what with their strange behavior and the like...))

(( Be safe if they continue c: If you see something, make a report to the police. Appearently the censorkip.gif* cat they have - aka their Doberman, Lokey - was acting up after the robbery. He's huge and a sweety, so I wouldn't imagine him biting a thief unless they hurt him. ))

Leira's eyes fluttered open. She saw Lankharra, and Takhorr in the corner, already a little scarred and bruised. She realised all the tar was gone and stumbled forward.

"Run... Takhorr"

Swallowing and drowzy, she fell into Lankharra. Quickly getting up, she tried to fight as best as she could.

(( I have no idea what's with these shorty posts. D: ))

((We have actually contacted the police and the council, so they are now being monitored. They speak in a different language, often drive to other houses around and tend to be intimidators. Mum was once photographing them at 'work' and one pulled out a phone as if he was reporting her.

And OMG I'm so hoooot here! 29 degrees Celcius ;_;))

Takhorr watched in horror as Leira attacked Lankharra. 'No! Leira! Don't!' he shrieked.

Lankharra roared and brought his fist down on Leira's head. Not wanting to let the traitor escape, he yelled out 'Inkheart! Attack the traitor! Kill him, whatever!' To Leira he put on a false smile. 'There is no way out for you two. Just try...'

((Lankharra's a tough beast...it's going to take a lot to make him fall back >:D

And bleh, shorty post))

(( good c:. By the way, it censor kipped censorkip.gif*cat up there, I didn't swear xd.png.

EDIT: ._. you censorkipped it in... oh nevermind. ))

"I'll get you!"

Leira brang her claws down on... air. Damn it. She was too dizzy and disorientated. Swallowing to clear her sore throat, she tried to control fire. Nothing?! That's right - her powers were gone. She snapped her jaws and managed to catch one of his scales in her jaws, but that wouldn't hurt him all that much.

Inkheart was still blending in with the darkness. He slipped some more tar around Takhorr's tail, muzzle and feet, quickly letting it sink in so Takhorr would barely be able to fight. Grinning, he waited for Takhorr

(( By the way, I know it seems like I'm power playing with Inky and all, but he has a huugee disadvantage. ))

Edited by DragonGirl10188

Lankharra grabbed Leira by the neck and wrenched her away from him, throwing her against the floor. 'None of you will make it out of this alive!' he bellowed.

Takhorr tried to rub the tar off him onto the rocks around, but it sunk in before he had a chance. He noticed that the more tar that sunk in, the heavier the affected areas became. This was looking very bad.

He looked at Lankharra, who was beating up Leira. Takhorr took a step towards them, but with the weight, pain and being half-stunned, he fell over onto his side. Maybe the earlier events had cut down on his stamina or something, but he was noticeably weaker than normal and the tar didn't help. Lankharra had mentioned a name - he must be having help. In case there was someone hidden in the darkness, Takhorr thrashed around wildly, hoping to hit an enemy.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Her vision and mind were clearing. Blood was coming from her tongue after Lankharra threw her almost across the cave. Growling, she spread her wings, which shielded her sides and back, but not her head, tails and feet. She pushed her claws out, scraping Lankharra's side. That wouldn't be enough. Sighing, she looked over at Takhorr and growled.

When she ran over to Inkheart, he had shimmered into the shadows. Her teeth bared at Lankharra.

"Run Takhorr!"

((Tails...? xd.png))

Takhorr bared his teeth. 'I'm not backing down, Leira. If you want me to run, you have to go too.'

Lankharra laughed and slammed his hands back down on the ground. 'Oooh...you think you're so powerful. To bad me and my friend have the upper hand in this fight. Takhorr...the very moment you strayed from your goal I was watching you. You betrayed me, and now I'll betray you. And eye for an eye, hmm?' He growled. 'Inkheart! Use Leira's powers to trap them both. And make sure they die slowly.' Lankharra swiped at Takhorr again, scratching deeply across his face. He turned around and strode out of the cave to allow Inkheart to finish his business. He chuckled to himself.

And then...I use Leira's powers...to claim the rest of the land...

((Yesh...he took out the kingdom alright, now he's going to capture the rest of the land >:3))

(( yyyeeesss. She's magical, she has more than one tail 8D ))

Leira felt vines shoot from the ground around her feet. She hissed as they worked up to her elbows, and she couldn't fight it. This is how her opponents felt. She couldn't move around, only snap and growl. Suddenly a sharp pain flooded through her body, and she realised Inkheart was burning her wings. To stop the pain, she folded them and stomped her feet. Stomp, stomp, stomp. One vine came loose, and she quickly clawed her way free.

Inkheart quickly moved outside of the cave, then blocked the entrance with rocks, vines, everything so nothing would escape or get in. Suddenly he flooded the cave with water. So it started to reach up.

Leira felt the coldness of water lapping at her feet, and noticed it was rising. Wait?! She realised the cave entrance was completely sealed. The water was already up to her ankles. Cursing, she stepped around in the water. She tried to control it, but no luck. Yup. They were dead.

((Wait - does that mean she has two tails? Cos that means I'll have to edit that drawing quick smart! x3))

Lankharra laughed cruelly as the entrance was sealed. 'You thought you had it, didn't you? You thought you had outsmarted me! Goodbye, traitor!' He jumped into the air and hung there for a minute. 'Inkheart, you have done well. Follow me.'

Takhorr pressed up against the wall of the cave, edging up it as he felt water reaching his ankles. He knew he was capable of swimming but didn't want to risk it just yet, what with his weighted feet and muzzle. He looked around the cave, his eyes now accustomed to the darkness and grunted in frustration, hitting his head against the wall. Think, Takhorr, think!

He slipped down into the water, horrified to see it had already reached his elbows. He splashed over to the sealed entrance, clawing at the rocks. He took a breath and ducked, sticking his head under the water, pushing at the rocks with his muzzle, trying to find a weak spot. Not finding any, he resurfaced for another breath. 'Leira! Try and make your way to higher ground and look for escape there. I'll keep searching for a way out down here. Don't worry about me, okay?'

(( nononononit'sfine! She has one tail x3. Oh, can you PM me a progress shot? I wanna see mah pretties ))

"Okay, but if you get in any danger - I mean, you know - come up"

Leira let the water rise enough so she was floating, then put her head up to touch the ceiling. It was hardly even weak. They were going to die. Swallowing, she touched it with her claw. She was pretty much 'standing

in the water, or rather, on the side of the cave, where the water was now at her shoulders. Nothing!