DragonGirl10188

The Epic Duo (RWyvern and Draggie)

Lankharra tightened his grip on his large, heavy blade and turned around to face the rest of the army. 'When I give the signal, I want you all to charge. Ransack the whole cave system, don't let anyone escape. Anyone,' he repeated. He reached up and pulled down the visor of his helmet and flexed his armour clad claws. He turned and continued towards the destination.

Takhorr paced alongside Lankharra, his thoughts fixed on the task ahead. His armoured claws dug viciously into the ground with every step, a feeling which he enjoyed immensely.

Lankharra brought the army to a halt, holding up his paw. Silence reigned, broken only by the occasional sounds of metal and heavy breathing. Then Lankharra roared and flung his paw forward, indicating to strike. The army appeared to move as one, charging forward and roaring to announce their arrival. Some took to the air, while others spread out around the area. Panicked citizens from the kingdom started fleeing, only to be picked off by those in the air and around the cliff. Some dragons started to infiltrate the caves, picking off all dragons they could find, from the elderly to the young.

Lankharra stood at the top of the cliff, occasionally tackling nearby opponents. He roared, instructing more dragons to close in from both the ground and the air. He laughed to himself. Thanks to Takhorr, taking over this kingdom was proving easy so far.

Takhorr leapt down the side of the cliff as easily as a mountain goat, occasionally scaling the cliff and literally plucking dragons out of the sky and finishing them off on the cliff face. His armoured claws were bloodstained and sharp, and he hooked onto others with ease. A fight on the cliffside was hardly anything to a dragon built for such tasks. We will have this kingdom claimed in no time! he thought as he grabbed a dragon by the throat with his jaws, crushing the life from it and then throwing it to the ground below.

Leira had seen the dragons advancing and had moved down the mountain side, suddenly seeing a dragon pluck another from the cliffside and crush it's throat. A lump formed in her throat when the little dragon was thrown off the side, and she felt something tug her wings. She screeched, folding her wings in and attacking back. More dragons came, and she was dragged underneath the enemies. She yelled out for someone, but no one was alive or close enough to come to her aid. Jaws crushed her neck and she couldn't breath. She felt her eyes closing... and her body went limp.

Death.

(( ohgodTakhorr,what'dyoudo?! ))

((Evilbadstuff>:D))

Lankharra laughed, watching the battle easily take hold of the kingdom. He spread his massive wings and jumped off the cliff, brandishing his blade. 'Everyone! Into the caves!' he roared. Now whatever was left alive in there wuld be ratted out in a matter of moments, and the job would be done. The land troops obeyed his command, jumping into the air and entering whatever cave they could. Lankharra headed for the throne room, leaving Takhorr to pick off the last stragglers on the cliff.

Takhorr jumped up the cliff, having noticed a small hollow. He stuck his nose in and was immediately kicked on the lower aw. He withdraw, growling, and pressed his eye up close to the hollow. He could just make out a tiny terrified hatchling huddled at the back. Takhorr snorted and started scraping away at the entrance, widening it, all the while periodically sticking his jaws in and snapping. Then he finally managed to grab something and pulled back, dragging out the struggling and squealing hatchling. Its small wing was torn by his teeth, so he casually leaned over as far as he could and let the dragon drop down to the ground. He snorted and scaled the rest of the cliff, hauling himself over to the top. He glanced around, seeing if here were any other dragons who may have escaped. One of the army members must have started a wall of fire, for there was ash and flickering flames everywhere, and the occasional burnt out tree. He paced around the scene when his eyes landed on a large white dragon, lying limp on the ground. His eyes widened in shock.

Leira!

Ignoring his goals, he ran over to the limp form, worriedly placing his bloodstained armour clad claws on her, trying to find any signs of life. 'No...Leira. Please don't be dead...'

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Leira screamed out for her mother, as she watched in horror. Watched the shadowy figure kill her parents in a swipe. Blood trinkled to the cave floor, and to her parent's demand, she sprinted away. Crying, desperate for someone. She cried out for her mummy and daddy. Guilt panged her heart... why hadn't she helped them?! Idiot! She growled, but tripped. Her knee was bruised. She cried out.

"Mummy!"

Leira was just a hatchling again. Crying out for her mother when she failed her first hunting mission. She looked up at the clouds, tears streaking down her face. Her pride hurt, her father telling her soothing words and her mother healing her many scars. Tears. Millions of tears. They flooded around her, drowning her and her mother... and her family.

Leira opened her eyes, and felt the cold sting of wing. She screeched when she realised she had no wings, but she was still floating. Looking down, she noticed her body was transluscent. She cried out, but no army heard her. She looked down and noticed Takhorr, leaning over a white drago- Oh god.

That was her.

Leira darted down to Takhorr and her... body. She choked on her tears and waved her arms at Takhorr, yelling and crying out. She couldn't be heard... she was dead after all.

Leira sniffled, and as she looked down again, realised her body had lifted up into the sky a little. Was she alive? Her one red eye flashed, and suddenly her ghost (the form she was in now) darted down. She was looking straight into her brown eye, which was slowly being replaced with a red pupil. Her ghost shot back into the sky, and saw hell unleashed.

All her baby blue markings glowed red, and so did her eyes. The ground started cracking, fire spurted out from the cracks. Literally, hell was coming. Lava came out from the huge gaps forming in the Earth, but her body stayed still. Water came from everywhere, forming in huge waves. The armies were falling into the cracks, drowning in the waves. Storms started to form.

Was she really doing this?

(( Muahahahrevenge ))

((AAHHHRUNAWAY!))

Lankharra took to the air, yelling out orders to his troops to take to the sky. He could only watch as individuals plummeted down cracks and ravines and were swept away. He roared again and fled into the distance with the few who managed to escape.

Takhorr reared up and look around in panic as the world started to break apart around him. A large gap opened up only inches from him and the acrid smell of sulfuric fumes hit him. He frantically shook Leira's body, yelling at her to just wake up, wake up, and escape this nightmare. He just wanted to escape the nightmare, just to wake up from it and everything would be alright. The chunk of land beside him suddenly collapsed, crashing down below him. Takhorr ripped off his claw armour and helmet, taking Leira's head in his paws, shaking her and yelling at her. 'Wake up! Don't do this! Wake up!!'

"Wake up! Don't do this! Wake up!!"

Leira's ghost dropped straight to the ground, so hard and fast she thought she'd die, but she already was dead. Again, she was lying on the ground. The waves stopped, fire spread everywhere and the crack stopped forming. Still, it was a wasteland. A black, rotten wasteland covered in ash.

"I... I... killed... everyone"

Leira choked out when she opened her eyes. She was covered in blood and scars, yet felt no pain. Just pity and guilt... sorrow as well.

"I opened up... hell... what... I'm so... scared... Takhorr"

She could hardly breath as she felt the warmth of the fire, yet she knew it couldn't kill her. A voice told her it wouldn't. She held her dying breath, but eventually stood up on woobly feet.

"I did this"

Tears streaked down her ashy face.

Takhorr placed his paw on hers. He was shaking and half choking from the smoke and fumes, but at least he was alive. 'What made you do this?' he asked gently, not wanting to upset her more than she was already.

Lankharra and the remaining army watched from the sky as the destruction came to a halt. They were shaken but otherwise okay, and members of the army could be heard discussing over what caused it. Lankharra growled. 'Back to the base!' he roared and darted forward, backtracking to the distant mountains.

"Demon"

Leira muttered. When she was young, she heard her parents arguing about how her father had gone out one day, and came back with a curse a dragon had put on her. The Demon's Charm as they call it. Uncontrollable, unstoppable... but why did Takhorr stop it? She looked up and saw Lankharra leaving.

"You... better go"

She said, turning around. She wobbled over to one of the cracks and lay on the side, watching the fumes spread. Yet, she felt no choking. The fire wouldn't hurt her. She had made it. Now everything was black, fire everywhere. Like the Earth had crumbled into dust, and only red embers survived. Big, alive red embers.

Takhorr coughed roughly a couple times, but refused to move from Leira's side. 'I'm not leaving you like this, not this time,' he said firmly, brushing away an ember.

Lankharra landed at the cave entrance, where it had partially collapsed. He shoved away some of the rubble, opening up the hall, and motioned for the army to enter. He followed them into the cave, then turned and strode importantly into a smaller cave.

'Jahia!' Lankharra yelled. A small dragon emerged from the back of the cave, visibly shaken but otherwise okay.

'I want you to find Takhorr!' Lankharra's words were like venom, filled with malice and anger. Jahia set down the bowl of water onto the stone floor and gently touched the surface with a claw. Lankharra stared intently into the ripples and an image came into view.

Takhorr...next to another dragon. Not showing any aggressive signs, not trying to kill her - instead he appeared to be talking with her.

'Jahia...find out more about the dragon he's with!'

Jahia wordlessly took the bowl back and turned around, keeping whatever he was seeing away from Lankharra. Silence reigned for a moment.

'The dragon's name is Leira. Cursed with the Demon's Charm, but does not like it. Friendly and distressed, very deeply I might add. Takhorr is showing no signs of aggression towards her.'

Lankharra slowly raised a paw in disbelief, then slammed it angrily down on the stone floor, making Jahia jump. 'Traitor!' he hissed. He turned around and stormed back into the hallway, where the army was still settling. They looked up as Lankharra strode in, obviously expecting something, but none were expecting what was to come next.

'Find Takhorr! Find him and kill him!

A voice in her head seemed to be telling her the conversation between Lankharaa and some other dragon. A tear dripped down her face... she had turned the mountains to dust and put him in danger. Swallowing, she looked down to the crack. She could just fall into the lava, die forever and not cause any problems. But that'd cause a million.

"Run... they're coming"

Takhorr looked defiantly at Leira. 'I didn't leave your side when the world was crumbling and all hope seemed lost. I will not leave your side now to save myself. If you want me to run, you're going to have to come wth me.'

Lankharra watched as the exhausted army members followed his orders as though they were brainwashed. Sounds of sharpening weapons filled the cave as Lankharra chuckled to himself. This traitor would soon be taken care of.

"Damn it Takhorr, go. They won't kill me. They'll kill you"

Leira hissed, flaring her nostrils a little. She didn't bare her teeth, as Takhorr was her friend. More, maybe, but she didn't care. Right now he was going to die, as she heard the dragons come closer. For Takhorr.

'Who is coming?' demanded Takhorr. 'Tell me who 'they' are, then I'll decide if I'm going to go or not. Understand?'

"Your boss sent some dragon"

Leira bit her lip gently. She slipped on the edge of the crack a little, but managed to stay on the ground. She looked him right in the eyes, and deep down there, sensed something. Something... she herself had never felt before. Words slipped from her tongue that weren't supposed to.

"You love me"

Her throat clogged up. She wasn't admitting she loved him, but saying he liked her more than a friend. She unfolded her wings, unable to breath (in a 'Leirayou'resostupid' way) and took into the sky, flying at high as possible. Cursing inside her head, flying away from this land.

Takhorr bit his lip. Lankharra knows. He knows that I've been disobeying him... He was about to say something to Leira when she said the words that he had been itching to say all along.

You love me.

His breath caught and he failed to make any response to the sentence, instead watching as Leira suddenly took to the air. He ran after her, stopping at the cliff edge. I can't fly. Lankharra's after me. Wait! How did she know Lankharra was my boss? The answer was probably plainly obvious, but in his seized up mind he couldn't think how. He took a deep breath and leapt off the cliff, spreading his wings and gliding towards the ground.

Lankharra sniggered as he watched the army flying out, yelling orders to each other and arranging the best pattern to corner Takhorr and then go in for the kill. He turned back to the hallroom, then strode back into Jehia's den. 'I need to keep a watch on the hunt, okay?' he said.

Leira watched Takhorr sink to the ground, not hurt, but still, he couldn't fly. She sniffled and found a cliff, quickly lying on the edge of it. She could see Takhorr, he could probably see her. But not reach her... unless he climbed. She was so tired... she closed her eyes and started to rest.

(( don't you get any ideas Takhorr e.e ))

Takhorr saw as Leira landed on a cliff quite a distance from him. He quickened his pace, crossed the barred charred landscape. He leapt over a burnt tree and under another.

Lankharra stared evilly into the bowl of water. The army had split up and were now communicating telepathically. He blew across the water's surface, watching as the scenery skidded past and came to a stop on Takhorr. He quickly tuned in to one of the army members.

Target is approximately five hundred metres from you. Tell your right warriors to spread out and come in from the side and the front. All left warriors must stay in formation and be ready to close when I give you the command!

((Get Takhorr into a fight and leave him to tackle it all >:3))

(( she's tired? best excuse eva. ))

Leira didn't dream, just slept. She stirred a little in her sleep, but wanted to sleep. So tired.

(( by the way, I know how to use capitols OOC. it just looks better... x3. ))

((xd.png But Capitals Are Important!))

Takhorr continued on his journey towards Leira and away from the mountains he somehow once called home. He never saw the glints of metal behind him, the ominous silhouettes of approaching dragons.

Lankharra watched the lead warrior approach Takhorr, now nearly above him. Tell your right and left warriors to circle around now. Make sure they have the target in their sight.

Takhorr looked up suddenly as he realized that he was being stalked. He quickly turned his head, staring at the sky behind him. He laid back his ears as he saw one of Lankharra's warriors above him, looking straight at him. Takhorr gulped nervously. Lankharra was out to kill him. He scanned the sky around him and cringed as he saw that there was not one, but many dragons in the sky, all clad in armour and weapons. And they were circled around him. Closing in.

Excellent work. When I give the command, you are to all dive in.

Takhorr reared up, letting out a high-pitched unearthly shriek. Then he ran, tearing across the land as fast as he could, making sure to avoid Leira.

NOW!

((We're gonna see the eclipse tomorrow biggrin.gif))

(( you're so lucky 8D I get to see stars tomorrow... probably? xd.png. ))

A screech interupted Leira's sleep and she lifted her head lazily, scanning everywhere. She noticed Takhorr running and... oh god. The whole army... was. She couldn't even think as she unfolded her wings and flew down to his rescue, when she reached the land, she spread her wings out so she looked bigger and puffed up her chest, standing in front of Takhorr.

"You want him, you get through me!"

She hissed, and seemed to control herself. All right, anger, anger, think of bad things. Her kingdom. Takhorr (before she met him on the day of Hireny's death), Lankharra, everything. Before she knew it, she was breathing out a whole wave of fire.

'What the -!?'

Lankharra growled as he saw a dragon fly down to Takhorr's aid.

'That's her, Leira.' He hissed.

Half of you attack Leira! The other half go for the traitor!

A few cries and screeches rang out around the trapped pair, and without warning they dived. Takhorr screeched as he felt his wing grabbed and looked around to see four armoured talons pinning his wing to the ground. He hissed and swiped at the dragon wen another landed on his back. He twisted around and plunged his snout into the enemies' chest, letting the limp dragon sip to the ground. Another grabbed his antennae while another grabbed his forearm. All in an attempt to reach his throat.

All right, nature. She had to use nature. What was that emotion again? Oh, she had forgotten. She quickly scanned through her memory, but already vines were coming out of the ground. Grinning, she flung dragons away with them, tying some to the ground, helping Takhorr as well. Suddenly all the dragons attacking her froze.

Huh?

Leira blinked, confused and looked around. She looked down at the ground, and realised a little ball of electricity was forming. Getting bigger.

She pressed against the ground, until she heard the explosion go off. Her ears rang and her body felt sore, but she kept fighting. All though, the army was almost defeated.

Takhorr crouched against the ground as the explosion rattled the land around him, threatening to blow out his hearing. As the explosion died down he looked around, the after effects still ringing in his ears. Several members of the army were lying dead on the ground and the rest were in the air. He turned to Leira. 'What was that?' he asked.

Lankharra howled in rage. Army! Fall back! he bellowed, watching as the army did so, terrified of what would happen if they stayed any longer. 'That settles it. I'll wait until Takhorr is completely alone, then I'll go for him myself...'

Leira was shocked when she realised she couldn't hear anything, but see lips moving and things making sounds that didn't come into her long ears. She twitched them around, but no effect.

"I can't hear"

It was weird talking but not hearing yourself.[/b]

'You can't hear?'

Takhorr was immediately alert and made his way around Leira, facing her with concern. Thinking quickly, he scratched something into the ground; a list of symbols and strange figures. To a dragon however, they formed understandable words. They read 'What was that explosion?'

Takhorr shook his head, clearing out the rest of the ringing. His heart was pounding and his muscles periodically cramped, as though he had just been struck by lightning.