DragonGirl10188

The Epic Duo (RWyvern and Draggie)

((*le posts*))

Lankharra perched on his throne in the throne room, looking out over the landscape. Takhorr was to Lankharra's right, on a slightly lower perch than his master. Inkheart was yet lower, on Lankharra's left. All was very quiet, as Lankharra stared ahead with cold, hard eyes.

Then Lankharra leapt off the perch and flew forward, hanging in the air just beyond the throne room. He let out an earth-shattering roar and held out his hands. Fire erupted from them, enveloping the huge dragon as his eyes begun to glow. Almost instantly, the surface of the land went up in flames, and the terrified cries of dragons could be heard.

Takhorr jumped down from the perch, running up to the edge of the room. He let out a high pitched shriek, and streams of darkness emerged from the ground. At the back of his mind, Takhorr thought of Leira, and whether she was still alright. But time spent with Lankharra had slowly clawed back his evil ways.

((OOH YA THIS GOING BE AWESOME))

((Care to have a sneak peek of a pic I'm working on? :3))

Edited by rampaging wyvern

(( Uhhmmm, why wouldn't I want a sneakie peakie? ))

Swallowing, Leira watched the Oracle step out of the cave and lift off into the sky. Leira quickly zoomed after him/her, watching the giant dragon float through the sky. She noticed destruction - shadows and flame - spreading across the land. The oracle zipped towards it, and eventually found Lankharra.

Both clenched their claws at the same time. Lankharra's fires and Takhorr's shadows disappeared.

"Lankharra, you have not changed. You're still weak"

They growled together, waiting for an answer. They were the Oracle. Leira darted over to Takhorr and breathed in.

"T-Takhorr?"

She hoped he wouldn't have changed.

((Ahmahgawd, what is this monstrosity?!))

Lankharra appeared taken aback as the flames vanished. He stared at the Oracle, then growled. He took a step forward. 'Weak? I...I am not weak!'

Takhorr jumped back as the Oracle appeared, but stood his ground. Following his master's actions, he growled and closed in on the Oracle. He snapped as another dragon landed nearby and jumped back, rearing up. Then he saw it was Leira.

Leira. Leira...the name screamed familiarity at the back of his mind...he glanced at Lankharra sizing up the Oracle. Leira must know the Oracle...she must be his assistant. Scattered memories swamped Takhorr - the clearest being the instant he was trapped in the cave. He suddenly glared at Leira. I'd been lured into a trap...she's an enemy, out to kill me... was all he could think. Forgetting everything but what had been harmful towards him, he snarled and lunged at Leira, with only slight hesitation.

((I've actually started work on Lankharra's backstory, in an attempt to make him less 'evil' and more 'broken'. >:3

And in case my post was too befuddled (it's 2:30 AM here as I'm typing), Takhorr has forgotten everything he and Leira went through except the events that put him in immediate danger. He now thinks she is a traitor, working together with the Oracle to bring them down.))

(( *is died* ))

Leira was taken back with fright when Takhorr pinned her. Her? Had he forgotten her? She swallowed and quickly squirmed out of Takhorr's grip. Her pupils grew smaller and she took a sharp breath.

"You don't remember what we've been through, do you?"

She asked, ignoring the fact he could attack whenever he wanted. She just wanted him to remember. Even if he did kill her - she at least wanted to be a memory. Even if it was faded.

"You admitted you loved me

(('Ere we go...slightly brighter but poorer quality one :3))

Takhorr stared at Leira, confused. He had? What was this? Another trick? He growled and stepped back, looking at Lankharra. He couldn't kill anyone until he had been told to.

Lankharra roared and lunged at the Oracle, tackling the male head.

((Shorty post ._. I wanna live stream...a chat...whatever...xd.png))

(( fine c: just remember my computer crashes with livestream... so expect it to shut down.

damn, livetsream is updating. I'll PM you with the link once it's done ))

The male oracle blasted Lankharra with flames. A lot of flames. He roared and the female head quickly made 'shadow shackles' appear. They locked up Lankharra's feet, sticking them together. Unfortunately the shackles only lasted a minute, so she formed a shadow ball and sent it flying towards the weak dragon. As she did, she healed her mate's (male oracle) scars from when Lankharra pounced. When she finished, he topped the attack off with air. It sliced Lankharra's scales and possibly skin.

(( nvm; https://secure.join.me/865-645-610 ))

Lankharra found himself on his back in a flurry of flames, and then copped a hit to the face. He roared in agony and anger. If the Oracle alone was going to prove such an adversary, he'd better make sure to get rid of their ally as well. 'Takhorr! Kill that dragon!' he roared, guesturing at Leira as he struggled to his feet.

The Oracle frowned. They couldn't do anything about Takhorr.

(( akjfhddshkjhdlshijoiewjij. one liner D:. I'm so sorry ))

((Aw iss okay c:))

Takhorr lunged at Leira at Lankharra's order, tackling her head. He mis-aimed and only managed to scratch her, crashing to the floor and skidding a good few metres to the edge of the platform, jutting out over the hallroom. Unaware of his position, he snarled and prepared for another tackle.

Lankharra, now up again and with a nasty looking gash across the chest, struck out at the Oracle. This time he was more wary, and drew back after each attack.

After a few attacks, the Oracle laughed together. Their eyes looked down on Lankharra as they did.

"You are still young and stupid Lankharra. Don't you know the elements gives us ranged powers?"

The male head snickered. Ice shards flew towards Lankharra - smaller ones, but lots of them. Half missed the dragon and the rest flew into his flesh. The Oracle sighed and watched the little dragon.

Leira growled - she didn't want to hurt Takhorr. But she had to. Quickly ramming into him, she clasped her jaws around his paw.

"Listen!"

She shouted.

"You are not one of them! Lankharra is trying to control you - but remember you are an individual. Think about it Takhorr"

Lankharra screeched as the ice shards broke through his armour-like scales as if they were paper. The Oracle was proving a lot harder than he had envisioned. Hell, they were acting like it was a game! They even had the audacity to call him stupid! He growled and plucked an ice shard from his scales, keeping a steady eye on the Oracle. Maybe it would be an idea to call his army up...but that might waste more resources.

Takhorr hissed as Leira grabbed him by the paw and tried to pull away. But finding he was about to step off the ledge, he couldn't go any further. He flinched as Leira shouted at him, at first expecting to be bitten or something. The attack never came. At least not a physical one. Even after Leira had finished, Takhorr could still hear the words as clearly as when they had first been spoken. You are not one of them! Lankharra is trying to control you - but remember you are an individual. Recognition dawned in his eyes as he realized who was really standing before him. 'Leira?'

Lankharra, about to plan his next attack on the Oracle, had his attention caught by Leira's shout. He looked at her, waiting for Takhorr to attack. Anger overtook him as he heard his 'ally' mention the enemy's name and realized that he wasn't going to attack her. If Takhorr joined the Oracle's side along with Leira, Lankharra'd have no chance. He had to get rid of them. Roaring in fury, he charged at the pair, slamming sideways into Leira.

((Have you seen the vid I linked you to yesterday?))

(( watching it after this - it's on my notepad c:

i hope you're on. https://secure.join.me/467-071-588. remember - it could crash ))

Suddenly a pain ran along her left side and the smile she had was wiped away into the air. Takhorr remembered her. She realised Lankharra had slammed into her, and within a second was flying off the cliff. When she realised she was falling, ready to die, she spread her wings and quickly stopped midair. Regaining her breath, she flew up towards the cliff and like an eagle to it's prey, dove down on him, scratching at eyes, trying to blind him or deafen him.

The Oracle let Leira atttack - it was her fight.

((I missed ya D: too busy drawing ma wolf.))

Lankharra instinctively tried to back away from Leira as she attacked him, keeping his head down and eyes closed. Even with his eyes shut, he could see the fury in her face. He could feel her claws lacerating his delicate facial scales, when suddenly he felt a claw hook on his right eyelids. A sharp pain shot through his skull with all the coldness of the ice shards from the Oracle. He howled and jumped right back, crashing into the stone wall. He painfully tried to open his eyes, but was able to only open one. At least it seemed that way. He blinked in confusion when the truth dawned on him: Leira had scratched out his right eye. He was half blind. Now lacking depth perfection, the fight was even more uneven than it first was.

Takhorr had been nearly swept off the ledge along with Leira. Hanging by his forepaws and his antennae wrapped firmly around a stone, he had a full view of the fight. He saw Lankharra back into a corner - and he saw the bloodied eye which Leira had scratched out. It was a gruesome sight and he looked away. Lankharra's overpowered...at this rate, he'll never stand a chance... Without thinking, he scrambled back onto the ledge and took a flying leap towards Lankharra.

(( *spazzflaildie* *spazzflaildie* awkkjsdksdlkj. that was awesome. x3. I was listening to it over and over again - and watching - so i drew this.

http://ccococ.deviantart.com/#/d5nswpz ))

"It's their fight, Leira"

The Oracle flapped it's wings and quickly lifted off to fight Lankharra's armies. Leira followed - she'd go and claim Lankharra's throne. Well, kill that inky dragon first, then claim the throne for Takhorr. She followed the Oracle, and then they split up. Leira headed towards the throne room . She had no idea where the two headed dragon was going. But she knew her mission.

Within minutes she was gliding right above the throne room. She could see Inkheart through the glass roof. Quickly she shot down, shattering the glass and leaving Inkheart confused for a minute, pieces of glass bouncing off his body. He noticed she was there and hissed, and immediately tar shot from the ground. She flew to the ceiling.

"Let's play fair, Inky! You don't use powers. I don't use my wings"

Inkheart made the tar retreat. Within seconds a sharp pain was on his back, but he squirmed from the grip and clatched his jaws around whatever he could find.

Her throat.

((Did you know that that vid holds a record for being my most watched video on YouTube? :3))

Lankharra screeched and leapt at Takhorr as both dragons crashed together. Lankharra, being larger and heavier, knocked Takhorr aside. In the short window of time while his opponent was down, Lankharra noticed the Oracle had gone. He could use his powers again.

Takhorr rolled over and back onto his feet, ready to take another shot at his enemy when a fireball smacked him solidly in the face. Dazed, he stumbled back, then turned to face Lankharra, who had fire wrapped around his hands and arms. Takhorr growled. 'Fair enough...'

Some distance away, Lankharra's army listened to the sounds of the fight. Individuals were debating whether or not to join the fight without his command. The a cry of 'The Oracle!' was heard and every eye turned to see the great dragon, heading their way. Panic ensued as some dragons surrendered and tried to scramble back, while others prepared their weapons.

The Oracle landed on the Earth, making some of the dragons scramble back so they wouldn't be crushed. The Oracle was calm, but the male head was wary while the female head cleared her throat.

"Lankharra is almost dead. Either he'll die or surrender - and if he surrenders, he will be locked up for killing thousands of dragons. Do you really want to take fathers, and mothers and sons and relatives from loving families? Just to slaughter them and at the Funeral Ceremony have the coffin filled with a scarred body? You can retreat from Lankharra's army and go to your family. Consider your choices. Freedom and love? Or under Lankharra's control, slaughtering innocent dragons?"

He voice had a nice flow to it. She was used to speeches. With a sigh, the male lowered his head and stared into the eyes of one of the dragons. The soldier stumbled back.

"And if anyone thinks of attacking..."

The female tapped his head with her muzzle and he retreated, grumbling.

"Choose now"

Inkheart and Leira were in fierce combat. Scars soon spread over their scales, no words slipped from their numb jaws. Just a fight from their claws and teeth. No magic, no flying.

Inkheart sent his long claws across her face, making three scars across it. Leira froze.

Wait.

What? He had not a single drop of blood on him - nor a scar.

"Ahh, my dear, confused, are you?"

He grinned.

"If I loose a drop of blood - I die. That's why I'm so swift"

She paused. His weakness was... if he lost a drop of blood he died? Wow.

"That's how I gained my power-"

He slashed her shoulder and she shrieked. She was standing here, covered in her own blood and scars. Most of them permanent... and he didn't have a scratch? That... she had hit him!

"Drop your magic"

She hissed, finally realising the truth. He had a shield around his body she guessed. Suddenly a crack of electricity appeared and the now visible forcefield around his body disappeared.

(( quick x3 - https://secure.join.me/119-965-931 ))

The army was silent for while. Some members scuffled nervously and exchanged glances with one another. Then one, a grey, slender feathered dragon armed with a sword stepped forward.

'Lankharra is family to me,' she said. 'Life here is all I and many others here have ever know. Our families have long been lost.'

She shivered and stepped up closer to the Oracle, intimidated. 'It's kinda like this. Lankharra was intended to be heir to the Ramudian throne. But for some reason, he killed his brother and was banished to here. I forget most of what happened, but he attacked some portions around here, something to do with showing he wasn't pathetic as many made him out to be. Many of us were separated from our families and he took us in.'

Takhorr reared up, forming shadows on his paws. He made a throwing guesture at Lankharra, who found his right arm suddenly bound to the wall behind him. He hissed at Takhorr. 'You dare do this to your master, Takhorr? You do not appreciate what I have done for you?'

'What you have done for me?' Takhorr screeched. 'You simply saved my life in the Thurian war! That's all you've ever done! You led me to believe out there was the enemy! And I believed you! But since I found Leira, I realize I was led down the wrong path all my life, just like your army members! We put our lives on the line for you! Out there is not the real evil. You are, and also made me and hundreds of others qualify as evil! I can never forgive you for what you did.'

Lankharra growled. Best to kill this traitor and get this problem out the way. He lunged out the best he could and caught Takhorr off guard, dragging him across the ground. Takhorr furiously caught back, snapping at his enemy's throat when he felt a pair of heavy jaws clamp around his neck. He screeched and took a swift slash at Lankharra, who let go of his victim, but not before he had done some damage. Lankharra set his fist on fire and broke free of the shadows binding him to the wall, lunging out at Takhorr and plunging his flaming claws right into Takhorr's body. Takhorr retaliated by lashing out and ripping one of Lankharra's wings nearly in half.

The Oracle took this in and the male looked at his claws with a sigh.

"We are sorry if any of your families are lost - but look at Takhorr. He was saved by Lankharra, his best man if you will, now Lank is trying to kill him after he talked to one dragon. We can provide food, shelter and kingdoms for anyone. Step forward if you'd wish to leave Lankharra"

She awaited for anyone to step forward.

Leira spat out some blood and closed her right eye. Damn - it hurt a lot. She couldn't see out of it either. Blindness? Too bad. She had to fight. She sent her claws in Inkheart's direction, but no luck. He was too fast. She used both her claws and simply scratched one of his scales, causing no blood to rise. How was he this fast?! Trading his life for powers. Hmf. She rose onto her hind legs and quickly landed heavily on the ground. Her claws felt his flesh and blood dripped down them.

Blood.

Sweet, sweet blood.

Inkheart screeched and suddenly his blood turned to tar. It oozed from his one gash and he fell, his skin pale and his scales loosing colour. Leira frowned, and when he was dead, his pulse gone, his body literally vanished. It turned into a puddle of tar and sunk to the ground. She scowled in disgust and walked over to the throne Ink used to sit on. She scratched a marking in the golden part, claiming it for Takhorr's new kingdom.

She flew through the broken glass window and towards the place of where the fight was happening. She saw the Oracle talking to an army of dragons and hesitated to go there. She quickly made up her mind and joined Takhorr, landing on the side of the cliff with a thud. She still closed her left eye - a wound that would effect her forever. She was now half blind.

"Inky's dead"

Leira hissed, before pouncing. She rammed into Lankharra's legs (well, she hoped) and hoped he'd trip.

Silence reigned as the army members took in the Oracle's words. In the distance they could hear the sounds of the fight. Mutters gradually arose, and one by one dragons moved towards the Oracle, dropping their weapons and hanging their heads in shame.

Takhorr jumped back as Leira landed, expecting it to be Inkheart. Instead he heard the two words 'Inky's dead' and he realized it was Leira. And so did Lankharra.

Lankharra was about to tackle Leirawhen he was swept off his feet. He landed with a heavy thud and looked up at Leira. ' He still left his mark on you,' he growled, indicating her eye. 'Now we are even.' Lankharra stood up again and raised a hand, aiming to bring it down on Leira's head.

Takhorr saw what was coming and jumped at Lankharra, landing on his master's back and sinking his teeth into the back of Lankharra's neck. Lankharra roared and tried to dislodge Takhorr, but unsuccessfully. Howling in desperation he threw himself over backwards. Takhorr had no chance to dodge this one and found himself pinned to the ground by the great dragon. It was agony.

The Oracle nodded.

"Those who will not join us can stay here. Anyone without wings may clamber onto our back - we will lift you off to our own secret kingdom"

They put their heads down so the flightless ones could climb onto them.

Leira snarled at Lankharra when he pinned Takhorr. She put her head down and quickly rammed into Lankharra's side, not caring if he was pushed off or not, she backed up a step.

"Leave Takhorr. It's just you and I Lankharra. No powers. Just use what we're born with. Claws and teeth and wings"

She told him, standing over Takhorr to protect him. She beant down and whispered to him.

"Go claim your throne. Go, and don't worry or object. We're even"

She murmured.

Lankharra growled, catching himself before he was pushed too close to the edge. He snickered.

'I can't fly, in case you hadn't noticed. Traitor tore them.' He hissed at Takhorr, baring his sharp fangs. He circled the two. 'Why should I let Takhorr go? He betrayed me.'

Takhorr hesitated. He didn't want to leave Leira, as she was worth more than a kingdom to him. He hissed back, 'Lankharra would be overpowered if we both team up against him. The throne can wait. Right now there are far more important things to do.'

Lankharra paused in his circling. 'What was that?' He approached Leira menacingly.

One by one members of Lankharra's army took their place on or around the Oracle, removing whatever they carried and becoming themselves again. A few stayed where they stood, still carrying weapons.

"You are staying with Lankharra - we see. That is honorable as well as joining us. We will see you in battle"

The female made sure everyone was with them and bowed her head to the remaining soliders. She didn't feel good - tearing them away from their jobs. But they had plently in the secret kingdom. She lifted off and started flying with the male towards their kingdom in the mountains.

"No"

Leira said to Takhorr, eyeing Lankharra.

"He deserves a fair fight. Stay here- but do not battle"

She told him, and got up. She stepped forward in front of Lankharra.

"Bad luck. Your fault for having your wings torn by 'traitor'. Lets go. One on one, no powers. We're both half blind, we both aren't using powers, we're both alone. It's a fair fight. What you've wanted all your life"

She dared, putting her head forward an inch. She looked over at Takhorr.

"And you... if you step in, I'll surrender myself to Lankharra"

Takhorr was about to say something else, but stopped himself. Unhappily, he stepped back.

Lankharra drew in his breath and stepped back. He turned around to make sure he wasn't going too close to the edge when he saw the Oracle. Surrounded by many dragons. His army. Lankharra let out a roar of absolute fury, but he couldn't chase them.

The army members left behind started walking further into the cave system while a few took a few tentative steps forward, as though the Oracle was still there. But even they turned and left, waiting their next call.

Leira took him by surprise, lifting into the air swiftly and darting by his left flank. She had no idea what'd happened, as she glided into the sky and back onto the ground, making sure she was on her toes in case of an attack. She took a step back, watching to see what Lankharra would do after the attack.

Lankharra moved warily around his opponent, watching for an opening to attack. He lunged forwards, charging at her with his head down and aiming his horns directly towards her chest.

((RAWR shortypost))