picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

Glen shuffled his feet. He really wanted to make a friend or two, but really didn't know what to do.

"So... Um... Do you want to be friends?" he asked, stretching out a hand for the other creature to shake.

---

Selene swung her legs as she ate the pear in small bites, ignoring what was happening around her. She was somewhat aware of the dranovum nearby and thought that the half-dragon would come to join her but, to her disappointment, Isis turned at the last moment and sat at a table nearby. Trandafir, Isis' dragon, however, came over to them and looked at the werewolf and then at her. She looked around and smiled at the dragon but he turned away and sat next to Isis. Isis wasn't feeling to hungry, just a bit annoyed at how many other races there were here. She was already making silent notes to herself about each of them. She ate her small piece of meat quickly and licked her lips. It was pretty good, but not as good as freshly killed prey. Getting a little unnerved by the amount of different creatures there, a few of which who stared at her, she quickly walked out of the cafeteria. As soon as she was out of there, she spread her wings and flexed them, feeling unnerved at how small the halls were. She couldn't fly and she hated that. Folding her wings neatly, she continued to walk.

Selene sighed and realized that one of the werewolves was still there. Deciding to try and start a conversation, she said, "Hiyas!" and smiled at him.

Irweyn noticed a boy staring at her, out of the corner of her eye. She turned to face him, smiled and walked over, though her feet didn't touch the ground as she walked. "Hello, my name is Irweyn. I've named the egg ζεηπια, or Gehria in your tongue. Delighted to meet you." she said -with a musical tone that reminded you of a harp. She placed the egg back into a string of light and held her hand out for him to shake.

Edited by chicbecause

Ten-Jorra decided to explore the castle a little bit. She needed to be acquainted with castle interior after all, so she won't get lost when her first lessons will begin. Argonian walked out from her room and headed for the main hall, nodding on her way to elf and a girl with long white hair, who seemed like she was... glowing from inside? Ten-Jorra decided to leave this for later.

At the main hall she saw a warning sign, saying that female dragons are guarding the room with dragon eggs. Argonian then went through the corridor, which was, in fact, leading to lesson rooms.

((Again, correct me if I did something wrong))i

Edited by TheTron852

((Lol and Jaden looks like he's killing Jeth))

Jaden shut his eyes briefly in a shy smile. "Thanks then. Nice to have a big friend around. Especially for someone like me" he laughed. It was a sad truth since Jaden was indeed quite short. He was the youngest in the academy at that. Reaching into his pouch, he took out his schedule and looked it over. "I suppose I'd like to see what the climbing gym looks like. I'm guessing just about everything else is a normal classroom" he muttered. Jaden peered down at Jeth's schedule, "So what classes do you got?

Hunter, having been standing right next to Firenze, saw the way looked and smiled a little. Given he was a playful person and often enjoyed messing with friends, he side stepped in front of Firenze and got between he and the girl. A mischievous twinkle in his eye. "I'm Hunter." He said brushing some hair out of his face. His golden eyes shimmered and were a sure sign, along with his very pale white skin, of his angelic heritage. "Ah..." He paused giving Irweyn a once over. "You're a Star? Aren't you?" He asked suddenly. He blushed a little realizing the curtness of his question. "Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. It's just that I've heard about them. They're much like my people. You see I'm an angelic." He said explaining himself. "I've read a couple books of your people. And I've even heard rumors of an alliance between the remainder of my people and the whole of your people. But given there aren't many angelics left I don't honestly know what truth is behind those rumors." He said. He looked back and Firenze and smirked a little at his joke and stepped out of the way so all three of them could talk.

((Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I had to get my hair washed, then I went shopping, and I had the flu.))

Firenze found Irweyn's musical voice fascinating and thought, 'Whoa, and she even has a wonderful voice. I could swear she's like a goddess or something.' The boy lifted his hand and was about to shake hers when Hunter got in between them and said some things about Irweyn being a Star and that there was a rumor about an alliance going on between the Angelics and the Stars. Firenze got a little annoyed and was thinking, 'Hey.' After Hunter smirked playfully and got out of the way, Firenze looked at Irweyn and said, "So uh... You're a Star? I guess that explains why you're beautiful and all. So Irweyn, what classes um... are you taking?" When it came to very beautiful people, Firenze would get all nervous and shy around them.

Rhina saw the cre-Glen reach out a hand as if she didn't expect it to be taken. Rhina slowly moved closer and gazed at the hand for a moment before giving a sigh.

"S-Sure Glen" she replied, slowly reaching for the hand. She seemed intent on being a slow as possible but eventually she commited and their hands came together. She loked to Glen fearfully, was she going to attack her?

"Yes, I am. Pleased to meet you Hunter, I'm afraid I cannot validate those rumors as this would be my first time out of the heavens. I must say it isn't quite what I expected, but I think it may be better." she answered with a smile. "That is very kind of you, thank you." She said to Firenze with a gleam in her violet eyes.

"I've been out of the heavens since I was born, thanks to this war." He spat a little angrily. He turned to Firenze as he saw the man stuttering and stammering from his nerves. Hunter reached his arm out and nudged him. "Lighten up! Or I'm going to have to teach you about more than just magic." He joked.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." Irweyn apologized. Had she been offensive? She turned back to Firezne, "I am going to study magic, music, history, strategy, literature, and combat, perhaps a few others. Though I will probably fail combat... miserably." she said with a shy smile. It was true, she couldn't fight to save her life. Eager to get off the subject of her reluctance to study combat she changed the subject. "If I may be so bold as to inquire, what classes are you taking, friends?"

Jeth held up the schedule for Jaden to see and read it aloud. "Astronomy, world history, cultural studies, and swordplay. The elders pretty much picked my classes for me. They said it was important that I study about other races as well as aquaint myself with them. Astronomy was pretty much the only class I picked for myself." Jeth said and then started making his way down the stairs figuring the classes would mostly be on the first floor. He was actually intrigued about climbing gym as well, it seemed like an odd class. When they reached the main floor Jeth looked down the hallways blankly. "What would a classroom for climbing gym look like? Would it be outside?" He pondered as he made his way down the hallway. "Maybe the schedule has a room number." He added haing an epiphany.

"Well uh... You're welcome," replied Firenze blushing. Then Hunter told him to lighten up or he'll have to teach him more than just magic. "Um right," the boy replied. Then Irweyn apologized for not answering Firenze's questions about classes earlier and said that she was going to take magi, music, history, strategy, literature, combat, and a few other. 'Wow that's a lot of classes and I only got like 5. I wonder if she can handle them all,' he thought. The Star girl said that weak point was combat, which she thinks she won't do well on. "Well I can teach you how to fight, if you'd like. I'm a magic knight squire," Firenze said. Then he told her the classes he was going to take, "Well I'm taking wizardry, swordplay, healing, mount-riding, and world history."

"That is certainly a lot of classes." Hunter said. "Well, I'm taking magic, History of the Heavens, archery, foreign language, mount-riding and alchemy." He listed off his classes as he could remember them. "I think that's it." He said. His stomach growled and he placed his hand over the spot he felt the growling. "Hey, uh... is anyone else hungry?" He asked blushing a bit and giving an awkward smile.

"Oh?" Jaden uttered curiously. It seemed most races were so controlling over the candidates. Untamed believed in being self-sufficient. The beast 'elders' had some say of course, but Jaden was able to pick most his classes. "Strange seeing other species..." he laughed. "Mine are swordplay, practical magic, climbing gym, science, and literature" he listed off his memory. When Jeth asked where it was, the Untamed grinned and pulled a folded paper from his pouch. "Got one better. Got a map from up front" he unfolded it and handed it down to Jeth. The first floor held rooms 1-199- all the largest classes that were held indoors, including the climbing gym. The second floor was 200-299, the third 300-399, and the fourth 400-499. These floors were dorms for students. The fifth floor held the remaining indoor classes, rooms 500 on.

Edited by Sai

After Hunter listed his classes, Firenze said, "You're taking mount-riding, too? I think we might be in the same class." Then when the angelic elf asked if anybody was hungry, Firenze said, "Well I hadn't anything since I left home. I might as well get something to eat."

"We have swordplay together then." Jeth exclaimed happily. It was nice knowing that he would have a class with a friend. Not to mention more oppertunities get to know each other. Jeth began walking down the hallway looking into some of the rooms as he went. "So then the gym is on this floor. I guess we just look for the biggest doors then...other than the entrance." He added the last bit as they passed the main foyer. He heard a commotion up ahead and saw, Dain and the sarcastic girl coming from the cafeteria. They seemed quite involved with their conversation so Jeth just moved past the pair and continued on past the cafeteria despite the table of food that was clearly laid out, even a dish of rocks had been added although it appeared to be a last minute thing. Edited by En'K'Haral

"It looks as if we all have at least one class in common. This pleases me, I now have met two of other races who will share a class with me!" She said in her musical tone, clapping her hands together lightly so they made no sound but still showed her excitement. "Yes, I daresay I am quite hungry." she answered to Hunter. Turning back to Firezne "Forgive me but I do not believe I caught your name." She said, eyes sparkling.

Glen smiled happily when she took his hand. "Yay!" he said. Then he pulled away his hand and asked, "So... What classes are you taking?"

((writer's block))

Jaden nodded and looked around and pointed at a door with the number "30" next to it. "That's the one" he spoke. ((I'm just gonna save us a post and assume they walk in lol)) Once inside, Jaden gazed around. The gym was very large. The ceiling extended high up, somewhere around 100-150 feet by the looks of it. The walls were lined with climbing notches, the areas varying in difficulty. Fake rocks seemed to have been installed around the walls to simulate harder obstacle course. There were a few pools of water under the harder ones as well as rope courses scattered from the ceiling. "My species is very adept physically. We're good climbers, runners..... hunters" he mused, giving a toothy smile.

(Seperate, find someone else to chat with)

Rhina crept out and stood up, and glanced to Glen.

"I-I don't know. But I kinda have to go..." She smiled and hurried off. Exiting the room, she hurried away, heading for her room. After a few moments she realised she was lost, and she heared someone talking and followed the voics and emerge in the Gym to see the others. She entered, her feet making barely any sword and gazed at them, and then down before shrinking into the corner they weren't looking at. She would folow them back.

((Alright well I guess I'll post in Red's absence))

"Yeah, I'm taking mount-riding, chances are we're in the same class if you're taking it in the morning." Hunter said turning back for a moment. "Well, if we're all in agreement let's go find food." He said as his stomach growled again.

Glen stared after her for a while then sighed. He walked away out of the cafeteria and turned into a fox and scampered off to explore. On his way, he passed a half-dragon and he nearly bumped into three other creatures, one of which was a girl who seemed to be glowing from the inside, another was a human and the final one seemed to also radiate a heavenly light. He dodged around them, growing larger, and ran off.

---

Isis watched a fox run past her. Probably a student, but she wasn't sure. She sighed as she tried to stretch her wings out. That was the problem with a large wing span, you couldn't fly properly in cramped spaces. She stopped as the scent of a human hit her nose. Trandafir seemed to have smelled it too and growled.

There's a human nearby... he told Isis.

I know. Keep your cool. We aren't here to fight... Isis replied. She had almost forgotten that there were humans in this school as well as how much Trandafir hated humans. Before, in the cafeteria, their scent had mingled with the other races so she hadn't noticed them, but now, she could tell that this human was with two other creatures. As they came into sight, Trandafir narrowed his eyes and growled. Isis quickly turned to him.

"Trandafir-" A burst of fire came from the red dragon's jaws as Isis pushed his head to the side. The flames shot past the other three without harming them. Quickly, Isis patted him and muttered something in his ear, calming him down. Trandafir glared at the human, his claws scraping against the floor, his eyes narrowed.

Irweyn eyes turned to watch the flames shoot past her. What was this? This warm, red, glowing energy? Oh, it was to fascinating! She reached out and touched the end of the flames as they shot past. Quickly regreting her curiosity and placed her burnt finger in her mouth. However, her curiosity was not quenched yet. Her eyes turned and saw the beast that had shot the flames. Excitment growing inside her -making her glow brighter- she glided over, dropping her hand back to her side, to the Trandafir. "Did you make that? That was amazing! How did you do that? Oh, this is too exciting!" she cried.

"Really? Your so soft though, I would have presumed you would be afraid of falling." Jeth stated with a hint of wonder. The nature of earth elementals negated the fear of falling from any height, but he was aware of how delicate other races could be. "Well my species are very good at either shaping or moving which are at least the earth elementals' most important duties. I am not so sure the same stands for the other elementals." He explained as though Jaden was supposed to already know what Jeth was talking about. Jeth continued to admire the climbing gym when he spotted Rhina in a corner. When had she come in, and how long had she been there? The harpy had seemed extremely shy before so maybe she was hiding from the others, what if she had already been in there when Jeth and Jaden walked in. "Oh...I'm sorry Rhina I didn't know you were in here, are we intruding?" He asked concerned about treading into people's personal space.

Jaden laughed at Jeth's words. "Well yeah... I do have... social issues. But I'm not helpless" he trailed off at the end. "Here" he jumped down and looked up at the stone walls. He shape-shifted down into his beast form- a cougar. A faint red glow flowed over his claws as he extended them and he jumped at the wall. His claws dug into the rock, the magic allowing his claws to rip through the rock and stick in. Scaling it took at a matter of moments as he was soon on the rafters of one of the rope courses. Jaden poked his head down and sported a toothy grin. He looked to where Rhina was when Jeth addressed her.