picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

Ouka silently stood, picked her egg up, and chose room 213. Why did they pick me to come to this place. Ouka thought about introducing herself later. "I better try and be nice." She sighed. "jeez how am I gonna keep this warm. Maybe I should bury it." Ouka took some time to survey her room. She took the covers off the bed and gathered them on the floor, in a corner of the room. I like the ground more anyway... Then ouka placed the egg in the makeshift nest. "Hope this keep it warm. Too bad I use ice magic..."

Edited by Bladewolf175

Rhina shrinked when any of the others gazed to her, and dreaded saying about herself when her time came around. She gazed at each of them in turn, her egg nestles arm and snug in her feathers. When it came to her turn to speak, she looked toward the ground and her reply was barely a mutter.

"I'm Rhina Fawn, a Harpy." She paused, and gazed at them from the top of her eyes, still seming to be looking at the ground at the same time.

"A-About the eggs...They only need b-body heat or something at 37.5*C or 99.5*F. And...I'll take room 333..." With that said, she once again backed into her corner, her eyes watching them from the corner of her eyes, half turned away.

(Horay for google!)

Edited by warewolves

After the headmaster's - or rather Professor Gale's - speech, Ten-Jorra looked at Jaden, who introduced himself as the Untamed from the City of the Lost. "Interesting... A race I've never heard about." - she thought - "It definitely would be wise to answer." - and she replied: "I am Ten-Jorra, the Argonian mage. We are beast folk from Black Marsh." - she eyed the Untamed she have just acquainted with. "I have never heard about your race, but heard about the city you mentioned. I've heard quite a lot of rumors about it."

In her mind she fixed the number of her future room. Number 276.

The earth elemental suggested to the headmaster that they should introduce each other first before they went to their rooms. So the first one to make himself known was Jaden the untamed. Then there was Dain the vampire, whom Firenze was starting to get fearful and defensive of since he made the mention that he was a vampire, one of the human race's predators. The boy told himself silently to watch his back around him at all times. The third person to speak was Rhina Fawn the harpy. She seemed to be timid from the stage fright she waas having. Then there was Ten-Jorra of the Argonian race. Firenze knew he had to watch out for that one too, because he knew these reptilian creatures hated humans like himself. It was now turn for the magic knight squire to make himself known. He looked at everybody and said, "My name is Firenze and as you can see, I'm a human being. I am to be the top student in this school and return back to my country with all that I've learned." With that, he stepped back to let the other students make themselves known.

"It's nice to meet you Dain. I am Jeth of the Slate, an Earth Elemental, I have night classes on thursday and friday, I hope we have the same classes." He shifted the egg into one hand and shook Dain's hand with the other. "I'm not very familier with vampires. We elementals have been out of touch with the other races for so long that we only have legeneds of your kind that probably aren't all that accurate anymore. So you'll have to tell me all about your people some time." Jeth said warmly to Dain letting go of his hand.

Jeth looked looked over at the harpy when she introduced herself and explained how to take care of the eggs. "It's nice to meet you as well Rhina."

Jeth then stepped forward to introduce himself to the group as a whole since half the students seemed to be doing that anyways. "I am Jeth, an Earth Elemental. Perhaps I will get to know each of you in time."

((Edited a bit))

Nick looked around not knowing really what to say, so he just introduced himself to anyone paying attention. "I'm Nick, a shifter. I think most of us are dead now, not that there were a lot of us to begin with anyways. Since shifters don't live anywhere centralized, I was sent here by the humans." dropping his bag he jumped into the air and shifted into a mouse, landing on Rein's head. His armor and most of his gear morphing into proportion with his new form due to certain enchantments on them. Whatever didn't change with him dropped to the floor in a heap. "Oh and this is Rein" He added grabbing a tuf of her fur with his paw.

Edited by picknick10

Ouka waited a bit before heading out of her room again. Noticing that everyone,was still getting acquainted with each other, she decided to introduce herself. Walking up to the group she said: "Ouka of the Frostfang Clan. Not too much is known about us but we are willing to share our knowledge." She decided to show a bit of her power by creating a long sword of ice then melting it away. Ouka shifted back into her wolf form, went to rejoin the group, and sat down.

((sorry if there are typos. Rping from my phone atm))

Edited by Bladewolf175

Jaden's ears perked as the Ten-Jorra said she was a beast folk. "Yeah we keep to ourselves and other beastfolk. Nice to meet you" his tail swished across the floor. He glanced around at the others as they introduced themselves. Ouka was revealed as a werewolf earlier, another beast-like person. He was feeling a bit more comfortable now. There was also a harpee. "I'm Kira, human" she raised her hand. She was more reclusive about her werewolf gene. After all, it was more like a virus than a gene.

"Good good, when you have all chosen your numbers please sign them here next to your name to get your key. Then pick your schedule from the pile" headmaster waved his hand and the sign in sheet and pile of schedules appeared. He set them down on the table near him. Kira moved forward, again starting off by writing down her number, 210. As soon as she wrote her name down, a key to her room appeared in a puff of smoke. She then shuffled through the stack of schedules and picked hers out before walking off to the side. Her schedule consisted of a magic course, medical course, extracurricular course, and practical battle skills course. Jaden zipped up next, his specie being quite fast. He signed the number 300 and another key popped into being. He grabbed it and his schedule. His courses were swordplay, practical magic, climbing gym, science, and literature. He scurried back to Ten-Jorra.

Edited by Sai

Ouka stepped up, shifted, signed her name, put in room number 213, picked up her key and schedule, and shifted back. "I feel more comfortable in my wolf form." She barked in wolf tongue. Her schedule had swordplay, basic destructive magic, herbology, smithing, and archery. Not bad. She quietly went back to her place in the group. And watched as everyone else went up. I'll explore the forest and the grounds later. I'd like some place to run around. Ouka smiled to herself. She glanced at Kira. I can smell the wolf in her. So why did she announce herself as human? Better let it go. Tis not my business. With her head on her paws she watched and waited to see if there were any other instructions from the head master.

Edited by Bladewolf175

Firenze looked at Jeth in bewilderment and thought, 'An earth elemental? I thought that race was only told in myths. I bet he must be a golem trying to joke with us. But then again, golems are too big and bulky to wear clothes, besides he looks too strange for a golem. Maybe he is telling the truth.' Then came Nick the shifter who was sent by humans to this academy. 'Well if he's friends with humans, then I guess he's alright by me,' he thought feeling he could trust this shifter. After the introductions were over, the headmaster came and set down a pile of schedule seat on the table. The werewolf, girl, and untamed went first before Firenze picked a room number and took up his schedule. He had sorcery, swordplay, healing, mount-riding, and world history.

Edited by Red Dragonette

Jeth lumbered over to the table and marked down room 200, figuring the lower the number was, the closer to the ground he would be. A key appeared and landed in his hand. He got his schedule which had: Astronomy, world history, cultural studies, and swordplay. He hadn't realised the classes were every weekday including astronomy. But it was ok, that just meant more chances to meet Dain. He turned to see the wolfgirl introduce herself as Ouka as well as the others introduce themselves. He smiled to each in turn and then began lumbering off to his room.

Ten-Jorra approached the table and without any hesitation wrote down number 276. A key appeared, and she took it along with her schedule. The last one had destruction magic, concentration, alchemy and spear/halberd mastery. "Seems like they don't know whether I prefer spear or halberd as a physical weapon..." - she thought, and approached the headmaster: "Excuse me, Professor Gale, but I assume that you are aware of my condition?"

Rhina carefully made her way up, the egg carefully cradled. The other kids scared her, especially the one with ice daggers. She had jumped out of her feathers when he made one out of thin air. When she finished writing the room, 333, she jumped, and then grabbed the key and her schedule, and hurried to a corner before gazing at her classes. She had some sort of Magic course, world history, herbology, and cultural studies. She wasn't sure what she had been hoping for, but so long as there was nothing violent she was happy. She gazed at the others, and waited.

"Now that the introductions are out of the way, you may wander and socialize for the rest of the day" the headmaster smiled. He turned to Ten-Jorra, keeping his voice gentle so as not to draw attention to her question. "If you mean your insomnia, yes, I am aware. If you visit our medical wing, they may be able to prescribe something to help you sleep" he offered. It was a unique situation he wasn't used to treating.

Kira looked down at the key in her free hand. It was humorous that no one picked a room mate after all. She sniggered and put the key on her pocket. Jaden looked around at the others again, his mind clicking in thought. His eyes settled on Dain, who seemed nonchalant for a vampire. A thought suddenly struck him. He opened his mouth and turned to ask Ten-Jorra about his thought, but she'd wandered off to the headmaster. Vampires live off blood. How exactly is this going to work? he thought. Jaden scurried out of the room, finding himself uncomfortable again. Kira turned on her heel, following Jaden out of the room at a slower pace to go find her room.

Edited by Sai

"Herbology, swordplay, magic, cultural studies, Archery, and practical battle skills." Nick read aloud to Rein. Currently he was standing on top of his scheduled as he read it, still a mouse. Signing the paperwork he marked down his room number, 325. It was awkward using a pen bigger then himself but he managed. Out the the corner of his eye he noticed Rhina; she looked so afraid. He thought over talking to her, a less intimidating form. He could shift into one of her own kind, but it would feel weird, he preferred animal forms. Leaping off the table Nick's outline blurred, shifting into that of a robin. Hapries were essentially big birds anyways right? "Hey," Nick started flying over to Rhina. "You seem erm, uneasy." He said feeling uneasy himself. Talking to people wasn't really his thing. He came from a small town himself

Rhina's eyes widdened in fear as one of them changed into a Robin and she hid under her wigs before carefully bringing just her eyes out and gazing at the bird. It was only a bird, wasn't it? It couldn't suddenly throw ice daggers or anthing at her. She opened out mouth to say something, then remembered she had to speak the general tongue and started again.

"Too many people...So many dangers...Ice spears...Claws....Fangs..." with that said she kept only her eye out from under her feathers, wary and scared of the Robin.

Ten-Jorra shook her head:

"I don't think it would do anything to me besides sleep." - she politely said. - "As long as I recall, I didn't had any problems since this insomnia have started. Besides, I can meditate, so I don't think I'll have any problems with rest."

"Well," Nick paused not really sure to say. What could be less threatening then a bird? "I'm sure no one here wants to hurt you, why don't you come out of this corner and socialize?" he said beating his wings to stay aloft, his tone taking on a light and friendly tone, he tried to be a nonthreatening as possible. He started to beat his wings harder, flying was a bit of a strange sensation, he rarely did it.

Edited by picknick10

"Yes, I wasn't sure if you had trouble resting. But if you can meditate, by all means. But the hospital wing is there if you ever need it. Don't be afraid to ask" the headmaster assured.

Kira opened the door to her room and stepped inside. The floors were wooden and a fresh coat of paint was slabbed on the walls. She flipped the light switch on. It was cozy. A large bedroom with a closet and bathroom. A bed was pushed up next to the window. There was a dresser for clothing on one side, and a table with chairs on the other. She had a feeling all the rooms were cookie-cutter. "Cozy" Faze declared as he bounced onto the bed. Kira left the door open for comfort and looked around. She wrapped the egg in her blankets, "I'll have to make something for it later"

Edited by Sai

Ouka looked on as one by one the group set off to their rooms. Ten-Jorra was talking to the headmaster, three students left the hall, and the shapeshifter was talking to the Harpy. Not a bad start. Maybe I shouldn't have shown off. Oh well. Ouka became increasingly interested in the vampire. How is he going to drink? Then again I eat raw meat...maybe the cafeteria may provide something. Ouka decided to get up and stretch. She growled a bit before taking off, at full speed, down the hall. She wanted to explore the new place. She bolted past her room, up some stairs and rounded a corner. As she skidded to a stop, she accidentally left little trails of ice behind her.

Edited by Bladewolf175

Rhina shuddered, and whimpered pulling herself closer into her feathers.

"Thank you for your kindness...I have to go." With that she crouched and with the whirl of a gust of wind was soon in her room with the door close. She stood there, shaking for a moment before she finally calmed down enough to inspect her room. They had made arangements for her special needs. She had a perch for sleeping a few feet off the floor that gave just enough room for her to roost. A nice mirror in one corner along with a desk and a special chair suited to helpher sit without ruffling her feathers. Finally there was a small nest in the corner, she placed the egg down and sat down to keep it warm before closing her eyes to rest for a moment.

(As much as I want to, It wouldn't suit Rhina to stay any longer sad.gif)

Edited by warewolves

Nick shifted back to his normal form, dropping to the floor and landing lightly on this feet. "Well that was... strange" he muttered to himself walked back over to Rein and picking up his things. And getting ready to go to his own room. "This place sure is different" Rein said "Tell me about it" Was all Nick said

Kira stretched and looked back to Faze, "You do whatever. I'm going to get some noms" she stated, walking briskly from the room. She wandered down the halls with her hands in the pockets of her black jeans. "Mmm, where to?..." she sniffed quietly. Her enhanced smell picked up the cafeteria. She smirked and headed towards it. At first glance inside, she paused. It was a large room with a buffet of food, but completely empty. A very eerie look. Walking light-footed, she edged to the food and looked at the choices. She noticed cubes of raw steak and picked one up, popping it in her mouth. A smile crept across her lips. That was some good fresh meat.

Jaden settled his egg before venturing out into the halls. He sniffed around, not sure where to go. He ended up wandering back close to the entrance area. The solitary halls made him feel too uncomfortable. His head peered into the room again, looking at the others. His ears twitched, not sure what he was suppose to do. Dammit... somebody move already he thought, glaring into space. Jaden put his back to the wall and sat on the floor to wait.

Wandering around, Ouka got bored easily. The hallways were nice but sometimes the ground was very smooth. It didn't really give her enough traction. She backtracked through the halls and smelled a delicious smell. Following the trail she realized the other werewolf had followed the same smell. Ouka found the cafeteria as her stomach gurgled. Her claws clacked on the ground, the sound echoing in the almost empty cafeteria. Ouka noticed the girl over some of the food. Maybe I should ask...nevermind. Just pick up your food and go. Ouka shifted and grabbed a plate. She grabbed some mitarashi dango, a couple of pork cuts and made her way toward the beef cubes. She sat down at a table and ate the food on her plate. She decided to stay awhile to see if anyone else will enter.

Edited by Bladewolf175

"Thank you, Professor Gale." - nodded Ten-Jorra and, casting a glance at Rhina and Nick (who have turned himself back to his normal form) on her way, left the hall and went to her room. Soon she found the door to it, applied key to the lock and entered the room.

Argonian found a switch and flipped it, and there she was met by a large bedroom, a dresser and a table with chairs. There was a door to the bathroom with a closet on the side of a room. The floor was made from wood, and the walls seemed like they have recently been painted. "Cosy little place... I hope it is allowed to change rooms' interior furniture. If not... oh well, might as well get used to it." - she thought.

Edited by TheTron852