picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

Kira laughed aloud as Rhina explained, "Sorry hun, but not all of us are easy prey. If these things can touch us, that means they have some physical aspect. Which means we can hit back. I suggest magic" she smirked, her hands bursting into flames. Jaden paused and thought for a moment. A flush purple aura came over his claws. He muttered silently to himself, wondering if his magic classified as the right battle magic for this case.

Rhina slowly back up behind Jeth, knowing at the very least he was better then whatever was out there.

"I-I'm not sure T-They are dark but I don't know much else. They only came at night or where it was densely forrested, like here..." Rhina flinched as a cold wind whipped through her feathers and silence struck the clearing as a cloud sprung overhead, darkening the sky even further. It was then the Shades attacked.

(Ok

Dog like in appearence, they resist pretty much everything and cannot be attacked physically. Their weakness is light. sound fine?)

((Meditation finished.))

Ten-Jorra finally broke out of trance, feeling herself refreshed. The first thing that came in her mind was her dragon egg. However, nothing changed since the start of her meditation: the egg was still the same, and no new sparks were added. "Figures... It was only almost a day, after all." - she thought. - "Now all I need is some fresh air..."

She left her room and headed for academy gates. Upon outside, she noticed that it was unusually dark there. Looking up, she eased up a bit: it was just a cloud. Ten-Jorra without hesitation walked to the forest, as she liked the scent of trees and grass more than anything else. However, she couldn't rid herself of a very faint feeling of anticipation, despite herself being just awakened from meditation.

((If I did something wrong, tell me.

BTW, Dragons vs Humans RP is stuck in the stasis ._.))

Edited by TheTron852

Sorry. I was kind of rushed before I could get started on the profile, so I probably had to skim over some of the rules. unsure.gif

((Light in general? Because Kira is like a beacon with that fire tongue.gif

And use double parenthesis when speaking ooc, Kari))

((Sorry, once again. Not used to role playing on this site; it's all foreign to me.

May I have a recap on what is going on, please?))

((Welp! I dunno about the others but the gang that has gathered with Jeth I can tell you about.

First the people/things present: Jeth the earth elemental, Kira the werewolf who keeps her other half a secret(human form right now), Rhina the harpy, Nick the shapeshifter(human form right now), Hunter the angelic, Dain the vampire, Jaden the untamed(Jaguar form right now). Of course the ebil dog looking shades are there too.

Jeth, Jaden, and Kira left the academy and went into the forest to look for coal. They're reasonably far from the school but nothing ridiculous, a brisk walk and your there. They found a cave that has coal under it and Jeth started digging while Jaden and Kira waited outside. Later Rhina and then Dain joined Kira and Jaden outside, at this time the shades started stalking the group. Next to arrive was Hunter who planted himself on a treebranch near the group. Nick was the last to arrive and while he was relaxing Jeth almost took the shapeshifter's head off with the boulders he was hurling out of the cave while he dug. Jaden sensed the Shades and turned into Jaguar form and roared quite loudly to get Jeth's attention. Jeth himself came thundering out of the cave and seeing the shades he created for himself a stone greatsword. Right now I believe the Shades are surrounding the small group. Wolves has told us OOC that the shades are weak to light but as of yet none of the characters seem aware of this fact.

I think I covered everything with this group. There are still several players inside the school as well. I believe they are: Forest Hunter's brother, Irywen the Star (As in Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader), Isis the anthro-dragon (Dranovum or Gijinryu) and her companion Trandifir the dragon, Glenvius the kitsune, Selene the human seer, Firenze the human Magi-knight, Ouka the werewolf who is proud of her heritage, Ten-Jorra the Argonian (lizardfolk more or less). I believe that is all of them, not sure what they are up too though.))

((Well light in general it is -.-))

Jaden lept forward and swiped his claws out. They phased through the shade harmlessly. He frowned and ducked away. He shifted back into his bipedal form to use regular magic. Kira lashed out with her fire, blasting all the shades fiercely. Jaden used his manipulation magic to control the backlash of her flames for his own attacks. "Just going to borrow this" he grunted, targeting the shades with the fire. Kira rolled her eyes and continued to throw out fire to drive them back.

Nick was about to say more, but then the shades attacked. Jumping back Nick readied his bow, releasing several arrows in an instant; the twang of bowstring music to his ears. Rein did the oposite and leaped forward, claws and fangs ready to tear the enemy apart.

A slight breeze rifled through the air, accompanied by the sudden thuds of feet hitting the ground and crackling magic. Lucifer shifted slightly on her perch, peering curiously at the battle that was just beginning. She sniffed the air lightly, beckoning to Lorkin.

The black dragon stretched and unwound himself from the tree and crept towards her, head tilted questioningly. His scales glistened in the light, blood-red flashes peeking out from underneath ebony. He was young and hungry for battle, a feeling she knew very well.

Lucifer grinned and nodded, just as eager as he was. Without breaking step, she leaped down and raced towards the turmoil, the wind behind her almost lifting her into the air. Lorkin followed, snorting softly as he scrambled to keep up

((Dain won't be of much help in this fight... sleep.gif ))

Dain turned his head to look at the Shades with a frown. He remembered these, having tried to fight them before when he was hired to kill a necromancer. Sadly, then and, he was fairly certain, now, his attacks will be all but helpful. Because of this, Dain took a step back and patted Kira's shoulder. "Good luck." He said quite loud with an innocent and joyful smile. It was around that time that Dain could hear the unnatural rustle in the leaves. It was almost like something was coming towards them at a high speed, a very high speed. Dain moved as quickly as he could, putting himself between the fast moving object and the group. He figured if he can't fight the Shade, might as well help in a different way.

Jeth stepped forward facing off with one of the shades, but he didn't really do anything. Instead he was choosing to wait and see what the shade would do. The elemental wasn't keen on fighting with much of anything and in all honesty he wasn't even sure if he could hurt something that looked a lot like a shadow. Still, he held the greatsword ready to strike just in case it made a move. I should have asked a teacher if it was safe to leave. he thought to himself.

(Sorry, I kinda can't roleplay atm. So if you want to continue the fight just go ahead)

The Shade avoided the fire like it was the plague. As soon as the realised the fire was there, they hissed and darted back into the shadows of the trees. The clouds covering the clearing parted, and it was bathed in sunlight. The Shades could no longer go into the clearing. But they could wait for them to leave, or for another cloud.

Kira pointed and laughed, "Oi! Where you goin!? Scared of a little light!?" she called after them. She exhaled a puff of fire from her nose. "Tch" she glanced around at the others, "Am I the only one around here with ranged magic or are you guys just feeling dainty today?" she asked. It seemed her fire was the only effective attack aside from Jaden manipulating her excess fire. Jaden frowned and cleared his throat, "Yes, well... maybe we should just finish what we're doing here and get back inside" he muttered. Kira turned on Dain, "And some hero. What happened to vampires being oh so powerful? Hiding behind... me now are you?" she skimmed over her pause. She was aggressive enough to others as is, announcing herself as a werewolf didn't seem like a good idea at the time.

"I am capable of ranged earth control, but the beings looked a lot like shadows I wasn't sure if my attacks would work." Jeth nodded to Jaden when the boy mentioned getting back to work. "I agree, the coal is exposed so I will bring it out and shape the oven." Jeth began walking back to the cave when he heard Kira rounding on Dain. "Leave him alone. Not wanting to fight is an admirable traite that many heros in the Shaper Legends possess." Jeth stated sternly to Kira over his shoulder as he entered the cave again. "If you could all please stand guard, I will be back with the coal in a moment."

Dain frowned at Kira's comment as he was facing away from the group. Soon after however, he regained his composure and turned with a smile towards Kira. "Well I was so entranced by milady's fighting spirit that I couldn't help but step back and watch you fight, as opposed to getting in your way." Dain let his face return to the boorish look as he heard Jeth pipe up. "Oh, well while you are in there, do you mind getting me some? It would be beneficial and I can pay you for your work." Dain hadn't quite gotten used to the idea of the school not being ran by money, considering his whole life used to be money based. It was at about that time Jeth made a comment to Kira in a stern voice. The comment, however nice it was supposed to be could only make Dain chuckle slightly in uncertainty. Was that supposed to be a compliment? He thought to himself.

"Fighting spirit my ass. I hadn't done anything" Kira huffed and looked at Jeth, "Sure, easy for a big boulder to say. Nothing can hurt you. We aren't so durable" she folded her arms across her chest and turned away from Dain. "Well I've now assured my past experiences with vampires wasn't luck at all if that's all the skill it takes" she made a snort of laughter. Jaden muttered under his breath and followed after Jeth to the cave. He stood by the edge, figuring he could see any debris coming. Listening to the arguing wasn't his thing.

Jeth didn't really know what to say to Kira's retort. He was beginning to think she just didn't like him. However, it was true that he was a lot more durable than everyone else there. Except maybe the boy Nick, who could shape shift. Jeth glanced back to make sure everyone was clear of the cave entrance again, and saw Jaden there he smiled warmly at the boy although between the cave's darkness and Jeth's nearly non-existent face there was no way for Jaden to see it. "Cover your ears." He said to the untamed and then turned around. He looked down a bit into the opening he had dug earlier and then hopped down. It wasn't a long fall, but when Jeth hit the ground anyone around the cave would have heard it, Jaden especially since he was in the cave and the sound echoed off the walls.

After that there was grinding sounds followed by several loud cracks and eventually two more slams. Then the sound of grunting and something big and stone being rolled towards Jaden started to echo from the cave. A large black object rolled out from the pit Jeth had jumped into. It was on a ramp that had been added to the side of the pit. Jeth was pushing on it from behind.

((Wow sorry had to reinstall my pc. Will post soon))

((Well I was going to wait until I had more to base a post on, but here is nothing..))

Dain yawned and shrugged at Kira as she ranted about skill and fights with vampires. He wasn't truly listening, maybe about 50% of what she said made it through his ears. Dain plopped himself on the grass behind staring up at the blue sky with a borish look. "You know, your not a very friendly person towards strangers are you Kira? I mean, I have yet to do anything to you yet you treat me with such disgust." Dain turned his eyes towards the sound in the cave. He sat up and scratched the top of his head when Jeth rolled a large ball of coal out of the cave.

Ten-Jorra wasn't paying attention to her direction, so she was a bit surprised to hear voices nearby. Upon inspection, she saw a somewhat strange scene: earth elemental - Jeth, was it? - rolling out a fairly large chunk of coal, Kira arguing with a man, who was sitting on the ground and Jaden at the entrance. She didn't notice Rhina. "...I thought that headmaster didn't include lectures on mining in the list." - she stated, without, however, any hints of hostility. - "What's going on here?"

((I am not dead.

BTW, congratulate me, as I am having internet on my computer since this Friday now.))

Jaden reached up and folded his ears down as he placed his hands on them. His tail fluffed out for a moment at the large crash. He wondered if such a fall hurt, and then reminded himself Jeth was made of stone. He edged out of the way in case of debris and sat on the ground. His chest puffed and released a long sigh. Kira off to the side turned on Dain. "I'm rude because you're a vampire" she flicked his forehead, "I've been harassed to high hell by your kind. Why should you be any different? Vampires kill more werewolves than werewolves them" she folded her arms and looked over as Jeth rolled the coal from the cave, "Nothing that concerns you" she muttered.

When Jeth finished rolling the enormis boulder out of the cave he steped and stretched. "I haven't guided a boulder this big in a long time." He said to himself looking awefully satisfied. He turned to the quarriling Dain and Kira. "If you are done picking on my friend Miss Kira i'd appreciate it if you stepped over here so that we can begin work." He turned to Jaden next. "You should probably come over here too. Excempting a few vents in teh top the oven will be completely enclosed. It will be difficult for you to cool me and Kira if you are outside." Jeth then looked to the rest, he honestly hadn't expected so much company. "Ummmm...thank you for comming we would have been in a pinch if you hadn't been there." He didn't want to say they weren't needed for the proceedure. "If you could continue to protect us I would be grateful." It was true that they could protect Jeth and the others since it would take until nightfall to complete the swords.

((I figure we all post and then I'll close up the 'oven' [need a better word] and then we can time skip. What say all of you?))

((...Well, I guess I'll vote for TS with this post. DON'T KILL MEH.))

Ten-Jorra just rolled her eyes at Kira's words, although it was barely noticeable. A typical human, she thought. She then turned her gaze at Jeth. "I was actually taking a walk around the forest." she said, taking her time taking. She wasn't a hasty type in one bit - the result of her alchemy interest. - "I've heard voices and noise from over here, and I've decided to investigate. And here you are. By the way..." - the argonian stopped mid-sentence, then just shook her head. - "Nevermind. Like she said, it doesn't concern me, and I've guessed why."

Ten-Jorra looked at the sky. The sun have just started to set. "It's evening soon. I would head back to the academy, if I were you. God knows what creatures inhabit this land." - then she turned around and took her way back to Academy.

((BTW, I highly recommend you to download Antichamber, if you like puzzles.))