picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

Rhina didn't like this, not one bit. Her race had almost been wiped out because of these races, and yet here she was, the ambasador for her people, coming to the academy to learn more about them. As she glided past the forest and into the area where the school as located, she noticed three people standing outsid the gates and she glided around in circles, high enough to be mistaken for a bird. She would wait for them to go inside, and then head in herself. However it had been a long journey, and her wings quickly tired so she landed behind them, just within ear listening distance, and kept absolutely still. As one of them opened the doors and stepped back Rhina waited paitently for them to head inside so she could follow.

Edited by warewolves

Kira glanced back at the new person, "Must have" she muttered. Faze glanced back, seeing Dain in the shadows. "They're popping up now it seems" Kira paid it no mind, entering the building. The entrance hall was very large. Stone floors carried out through the hall, accompanied by lightly colored smooth stone walls that were etched with delightful architecture. She sniffed once. Her werewolf gene allowed her heightened senses. "Yep, I sme- Uh... yeah there's dragon eggs here" she stated to no one in particular. "So uhh.... what now?"

Ten-Jorra without any word simply nodded and entered the castle, continuing to observe the building. She liked the interior of the castle. Frowning a bit at the girl's statement about the dragon eggs, she looked at her. Deciding to leave this subject for later, Ten-Jorra answered the question: "I think we should wait for now."

Nick followed them, letting the door swing close behind him. "Dragon eggs you say? I don't see any dragon eggs." Rein seated herself next to Nick while sniffing the air casually. "They're here alright." she relayed to Nick as she examined the other students around. The smells of all these different races were strange.

' well i'm late.' Ouka thought to herself. It wasn't really her idea to go to The Academy. In her wolf form ouka, dashed through the forest. She followed the unfamiliar scents of different races. Finally coming to the doors of the school, she saw everyone was going inside. 'shoot. This is not my day.' She said as she ran faster. The doors were just about to close as she slipped in.

One...two and still more floors. I hope it's stronger than what humans normally make. Jeth thought to himself sullinly as he gazed upon the castle. He had seen some kind of wolf zip into the door just a moment ago, in too much of a rush to notice him or let him ask her if this was the right place. The elemental had his cloak wrapped tightly around him concealing his body and most of his legs, with the hood drawn up over his head. He lumbered towards the front doors each step causing a small portion of the ground to shudder thanks to his considerable weight. When he reached the door he raised his hand to knock on it but thought better of it and instead opened the door a crack to see the crowd gathered in the front hallway. "Hello?" His voice was hollow and low, the hallway echoed it making it sound much louder than he had intended.

Ouka was the last one inside. 'Atleast something went right.' She thought. She kept quiet and surveyed the others. There was a shapshifter and a tiger, an argonian, and more. The scents,started to mix with themselves. Ouka's heightened sense of smell sometimes was a hinderance. Suddenly a voice echoed in the hall. The fur on her back stood on end. She could tell that it wasn't intentional it was still loud. She shook her head and turned to see who was coming through the door.

((Oh Nick, must I always start these? tongue.gif))

Kira glanced behind her as more people shuffled in. Everyone stood in awkward silence as the difference in races increased. A large marble door off to the side echoed as it roared its way open. The headmaster stepped out. A tall humanoid man with hair and a beard like a lion's mane. "Welcome students. I'm glad you all found your way here... I'm sure the others will be along soon as well, but let's get started shall we? Each student will be charged with the care of a dragon while staying here. Behind me is a room piled with eggs. You may choose one egg to take care of. Choose wisely, as this dragon will be your partner for all of your days" he extended a hand behind him to the room, inviting everyone in.

Jeth saw the wolf girl turn to face him after he had spoken, he rose his hand in a kinda of silent hello. The Elemental enetered the main hall properly this time although his cloak was still wrapped tightly around himself. He looked around and saw many different races there, the elder had been right about this place. He started walking to the group when the headmaster stepped out. Jeth stopped walking since the teacher was talking, the prospect of caring for a dragon was...bleak. Eggs were so fragile in Jeth's eyes, and yet they were suposed to be a form of protection. However, there was a glimmer of hope, there were different kinds of eggs or so he heard from the elders. "Umm...is there one thats really tough? Like stone maybe?" Jeth asked the head master.

Edited by En'K'Haral

"Why yes, there are dragons of every type in there" the headmaster placed his hands together. Kira looked over her should and snorted, "I think the point is you're suppose to pick one out that feels right. Not sit back here and ask a survey about them" she stated. She turned on her head back straight and marched forward into the room of eggs. It was a very large room with a warm temperature. The eggs were piled up in different places that seemed to have different terrains to match them. The walls were all rugged and stone like a cave. Faze ran back and forth on her shoulders, "I've never seen so many eggs! ... I've never seen any dragon eggs come to think of it. But still!"

Ouka nodded her head at the newcomer's gesture. The aura coming from him was powerful as if he could bring the whole school down if he wanted to. The headmaster finally appeared and said that we all were supposed to take care of a dragon egg. Ouka watched as another student went into the room with the eggs. Ouka sat on her haunches, perked her ears, and waited to see the room. 'I'll change back when I get to choose an egg. Maybe I should wait for everyone to leave. I don't want to reveal my human form unless I really need to.' She thought. Ouka is grateful that in her wolf form no one can understand her.

Nick looked carefully over the eggs and without a word grabbed one, putting it back as fast as he picked it up, it felt wrong. He tried another, and this one felt better. Though, it still felt wrong to him, taking a hatchling of another race like some sort of pet, but then again, Rein wasn't a pet, she was here of her own free will. This dragon would have the same choice. Without looking at it further he slipped it into his backpack. Next he turned his attention to Ouka a small grin on his face. "I would be a very poor shifter indeed if I didn't speak wolf. You forget, we are all different here." he said in wolf speak, as to keep the conversation private.

Edited by picknick10

Ten-Jorra followed the others inside the room. There she carefully examined the eggs, thinking hardly on her choice. Back in her village argonians respected the most dragons, and having one as a 'pet' was almost shocking to her. But knowing that it is required for joining the Academy, she overcame her worries and began to walk around the room, carefully avoiding touching the eggs.

Edited by TheTron852

Kira smirked casually as she could too understand Ouka since she was a werewolf herself. Isn't that interesting?... she thought as she shuffled through the eggs. She picked up a black egg with purple vine-like designs over it. "This one" she hugged it to herself and left the room. She ran her fingers over the smooth, yet bumpy surface. The headmaster looked around at everyone, "No need to feel rushed. Just take your time and choose the right one" he smiled.

Jaden sped through the forest in puma form, across the lawn and up to the door. Once through the door he almost bulldozed straight into Jeth before swiftly weaving around. He came to a running stop as he shifted into human form, skidding the last few steps on his two feet. Pausing to pant for breath, he looked around at the others. "Hello there, new arrival. We were just picking out our dragon companion eggs. Go ahead in" the headmaster greeted. Jaden looked around at the other again. He felt awkward, sure he was the youngest there. After his pause, he scurried off into the room. A glowing white egg with a gold ring around the middle caught his attention straight off. He walked over and picked it up. It seemed quite light.

"Remember, these are not pets, but companions. They will be your close friends" the headmaster reminded as he saw uncertain faces.

Now Ouka remembered why she was wary of shapeshifters. She had some bad run-ins with them on several occasions. Mercenaries...Best be wary of him and that tiger. Ouka's blue markings on her fur glowed a bit. "And here I thought that I was going to get away with different things." She said as she shifted to her human form. She wore black leather pants and a red vest-shirt. Ouka liked to keep her feet bare. Her white long hair was put up in a ponytail while her eyes had the same yellow glow from her previous form. As Ouka walked slowly toward the room with the eggs, she caught the scent of another werewolf. Odd. i'll look into it later. She had to focus on the task at hand. Closing her eyes she moved her hand slowly around the different eggs. Suddenly she felt something calling her. She opened her eyes to an egg that was a bit smaller than the rest of them. It was black but with flecks of gold. The metalic color seemed to swirl around the egg. Ouka picked it up and went back to the crowd. "I hope I don't have to carry this everywhere." She said.

Edited by Bladewolf175

Rhina hung back as the other entered, waiting until the wolf vanished inside before slowly following the group. As the headed into a room, she stood at the door and listene in before slowly pulling her head to glance around the corner. Her arms hugged her body, draping her in her feathers and hiding her body, all but her face, from view. After the others were distracted, she cautiously entered and quickly headed for the egg room. Inside the heat didn't bother her, her feathers quickly shifted, making her appear thinner then normal, and she continued. Looking at the eggs a small smile crept onto her face, eggs were very preious to her kind, so few remained, even fewer eggs. As she gazed upon the eggs her eyes rested upon a whirl of auburn, brown, and red that appeared glowing and seemed like it was waiting to finally finish growing and hatch, impaitent. With one hand, she gently picked up the egg and brought it under her wings and protected from any who would wish it harm, not that any would. She quickly turned and left the room, picking a corner to sit in until the next part of the initiation was done.

Finally Ten-Jorra chose her egg: dark yellow with occasional sparks of electricity. She approached it and carefully took it in her hands. The moment she touched the egg one of the sparks jolted through her body. However she managed to easily withstand the shock, and now all she felt is pleasant pricking in her hands. Somehow argonian felt that she chose the right egg. She approached the headmaster (looking with curiousity in her eyes at Ouka on her way) and nodded to him, indicating that the egg in her hands was her choice.

Edited by TheTron852

When Dain saw one of the creatures open the door, he smiled to himself. This of course meant that the door was open and he will not have to hide from the sun while waiting. Dain pulled his hat down and fixed his collar to cover his neck and put his hands in his pocket before proceeding. In the time it took Dain to make it to the door, most of the other students had already arrived. Many would enter a room and leave with an egg in their arms, which Dain used to come to the conclusion they were picking out their dragon eggs. Dain lifted his hat up and opened up his jacket some to make him look more approachable. Dain entered the room and looked around, not really finding any dragon egg that seemed right for him. He needed a nocturnal dragon, and one of a powerful breed. At first Dain saw a Nocturne Dragon's egg and immediately went towards in when something else caught his eye. It was an egg whose shell was a spiral of the early morning dawn and the late night dusk. Dain made his way to the egg and set his hand on the top of it, feeling the life. He knew it was a Glory Drake's egg though he wasn't sure if it was a Day or Night Glory. However, Dain took the chance and grabbed the egg not caring if it would be a Day Glory Drake.

Ouka stared at her egg. Just beautiful. she thought. She loved the metalic look it gave off. She noticed that the Argonian gave a curious glance her way. She also gave a curious glance before turning her attention to a new student. She couldn't help her fangs show a bit. The scent was familiar. Vampires? she thought. Before I jump to conclusions i'll observe first. Remember what the clan leader said. Trying to make new allies. There are very few of us right now. she hid her fangs, hopefully before anyone noticed, and turned her attention back to her egg. I wonder what you will be when you hatch.

Edited by Bladewolf175

Firenze, a 15-year-old human squire who trained as a magic knight, looked around at the eggs sitting in the nests. Every student of various races picking eggs of different colors. Firenze moved around and observed the nests looking for which egg he thought might be his perfect dragon. Then he saw a strange crystalline orange object that didn't seem to fit in with the other dragon eggs, despite its oval shape. In fact, it seemed to give off some sort of magical energy. Firenze picked it up and realized that it was a god stone. Maybe there was a dragon inside waiting to be summoned. There was only one of it inside the egg room and he was quite lucky to get it before the others do. Now he had two god stones with them; the first one was an aquamarine spherical crystal that contained the little fun and playful sea lion deity known as Pluff. Pluff was Firenze's favorite companion to hang out with and talk whenever he needed to. With all the other races here, except for that harpy girl whose race was normally peaceful, and hardly any humans here, Firenze felt wary and untrusting of them and thought that Pluff and possibling the second summon would be his only two friends.

Jeth was silent at the girl's sarcastic remark. His bretheren had warned him that humans were hostile to strangers so it didn't come as a surprise, still she didn't have to be quite so mean about it. Everyone else had already gone in and claimed an egg so he followed suite the ground shooking with each step he took. He immediately went to three stoney loking eggs. He reached out his stoney hand and touched each one gently, much to his surprise none of them felt right. He began exploring the other eggs until he settled upon a pale blue and pink egg sitting on a cloud. Jeth smiled and gently plucked the egg from it's cloud before exiting the room to join the others. The others seemed very happy with their eggs however although it felt right he wasn't sure if he could be quite as happy with his. It rested in his hands and he could barely feel it's weight.

Kira glanced over as the newcomer arrived. She noticed his heavy scent straight away as a vampire. "Tch" the noise escaped her mouth in slight disgust as he re entered with his dragon. Yeah let a blood sucker into the school. What could possibly go wrong? she thought. Jaden looked around at the others. None of them seemed to really be beast folk. He silently edged over to the Argonian, seeing them as the closest. He wasn't quite used to other species. He hugged his egg tighter in discomfort, frowning.

"Alright I see you all are finishing up getting an egg. No you do not always have to carry it with you, but just remember to keep it warm" the headmaster looked around to all the students. "Now" he spread his arms to address them. "Each of you needs a room to stay in. This group may pick from room numbers 200-400. You may share a room, but that is your choice. Just let me know when you have chosen and take your things there. Someone will then be along to give you your schedule of classes based on what you signed up for. When you have your schedule, you may roam around or visit the cafeteria. Today is a free day to get settled in"

Jeth listened to the headmaster explain the next step and raised his hand speaking to the headmaster. "Headmaster. Shouldn't we introduce ourselves to eachother first?" It wasn't that unusual a question, after all Jeth's purpose for being here was to help reconnect the earth elementals with the other races, and that couldn't happen if no one knew eachother. He did however glance to Kira to see if she was going to retort again like she did last time he asked a question.

Edited by En'K'Haral

The headmaster smiled, "It seemed you were all so uncomfortable with different races, I was going to wait. But if you prefer to go through it now, by all means. Go ahead, each of you say hello to someone you don't know and tell them a bit about yourself. Don't be shy, reach out to someone outside your own race. We're all here after all to bring a uniting peace between all races" he clapped his hands together happily. "On that note, I will be your headmaster this year. You may call me Professor Gale. Don't be afraid to come to me with problems. I don't bite!"

Jaden turned to the female Argonian next to him. He looked up, a near foot difference in height. "...Hi... I'm Jaden" he said quietly. While she was very beast-folk in appearance, he still knew she was a different specie. One he didn't know anything about for that matter. He loosened his grip on his egg, realizing he'd been squeezing it to death in discomfort. "I'm an Untamed. A beast folk from the City of the Lost" he continued, not sure what he was suppose to say.

Kira looked at Faze briefly. "Well I guess you don't count. I know you" she muttered. She looked down at the egg in her hands. "How am I suppose to keep it warm? Sit on it? ... I guess my fire magic will help" she muttered quietly. Faze dipped down, looking at it, "As long as you don't cook it" he grinned. Kira frowned, looking around at the others. She felt like just waiting until someone moved to her. She hadn't pegged out the friendly ones yet.

Dain could almost feel in a sixth sense type of way, the looks from a couple other races. He looked towards the first were-wolf girl and smiled calmly. She didn't say anything and though seemingly surprised at first, returned her attention to her egg. The second were-wolf girl however, made it fairly obvious that she was disgusted with his race, though he didn't mind. The elders of each clan from his race had gotten together and more or less fought over who should go. They eventually picked him, one of the few non-clanned members of his race. It was at this point however, that he heard the headmaster start to speak. He listened silently and was about to leave when he heard another student ask a question. He could tell by one look that it was an elemental. He agreed with the student, about introducing themselves. That was when the headmaster said to introduce themselves to someone they didn't know. He had to chuckle at the headmaster's joke. Dain approached the elemental and reached his hand out in a hello. "I am Dain, a vampire. I signed up for mainly night classes so I doubt we will have many classes together, but it is my honor to be a student with you.

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams