picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

((My condolences... I know how it is: lost my grandpa (heart attacks) in previous year back at summer.))

"...Then there is that human. I'd better watch out for him: who knows what's his opinion on argonians. Finally there is an untamed from the city I've only read about..." - Ten-Jorra crossed her arms and sighed, thinking over the situation. "...I should meditate for a while. I need to relax: I've travelled a huge distance from my home, and it might be a good idea to save some energy."

With these thoughts she walked to the center of her room, sat in her usual 'lotus' position and closed her eyes. While stabilizing her breath, she imagined herself sitting on a high cliff, a view on a huge sea in front of her. Soon argonian fell in a trance.

((Note: her meditation can be interrupted by a loud sound or simply patting her shoulder.))

Irweyn followed Firenze. She took note he seemed a bit lost. The cafeteria was not at all what she had expected, or what she was used to. But she was still pleasantly surprised. Had she been to the cafeteria when she first arrived on the ground, she would probably forgotten her hunger all together, and simply marveled at all the solidity, evenn the walls would have been fascinating. Thankfully, she had already gotten time to adjust to her new surroundings. She now could focus on being an representative of her race. Which might prove to be even more dangerous, the Stars had argued for entire rotations, trying to decide who to send. The chose Irweyn because of her skill in magic, but they were reluctant to chose her due to her extreme innocence, which some had said, would be her downfall. She looked at the foods they offered, she didn't see anything she was familiar with. She took a pear, and sat down beside Firenze.

((Sorry for not being around, but you know the usual with my stories and schoolwork. I just uploaded a chapter yesterday.))

As Firenze was eating his steak, he saw that Irweyn only brought a pear with her. "Wait, I thought you were hungry. Shouldn't you need more than just a pear to fill your belly?" he asked confused. He had no idea what the Stars' diet was like or how much food they need to be full.

((I'll be over at Dragons vs Humans shortly or sometime later that day.))

Selene looked around. Was there anyone new here? Ah... A fellow human, a... star and a... an Angelic. She hopped off her seat and approached them, hands behind her back. Smiling, she tugged at the human's clothes, trying to get his attention. She was only three, and she looked about seven, she wasn't very tall either, so it would be hard to notice her. Hopefully, she could learn something new through this conversation.

Jaden shifted position as Dain said he wasn't going to feed off students. He laughed short and awkwardly at the closet joke. He hoped the vampire was joking, but made no motion to confirm what was in the closet. Jaden didn't fancy taking stupid risks. Even if he was sitting on an elemental. Vampire were fast, though, Jaden was a little speed demon himself. "So.... do we all have swordplay then? Seems nearly everyone took it" he mused. The untamed however felt he was the only one that walked around with a katana on his back.

As Jaden mentioned swordplay Jeth seemed to mentally facepalm. "That reminds me, I need to shape a blade for tomorrow, I'd almost forgotten." Jeth said as he was plucking up the scattered bits of his bed. He placed them on the bed frame and lumbered over to the door. "I will will need to find a rock to shape from. You two are welcome to help me look when your done here. Dain, be nice to Rhina." He added the last bit as he ducked under the door frame. He meant for Dain to go easy on the grim jokes with her. He had gotten the joke the first time around but it didn't seem all that amusing to him.

((I thought it was hilarious xd.png Jeth is so different from me xd.png))

"Oh, I will? Alright..." She said, she was still new to 'eating'. She hadn't needed to eat till she had reached earth, and the Stars had provided food for her. It was bright red fruit that looked like a coal, still glowing with heat. That was why she had choosen the pear, it looked the most like the fruit. She got up and spied another human, this one much younger and female. "Oh, hello there!" She said happily, bending down to see the girl better.

Firenze felt someone tug on his tunic and looked behind him to see a small girl. "Oh hello there," he greeted the human girl. Firenze assumed she must be the daughter of one of the Academy's staff members, teachers, or other employees. She had a quite cute appearance to her looks.

((Your two characters had the exact same response...))

"Hiya!" Selene replied cheerfully, "Are you guys students at this academy, too? I'm Selene. Nice to meet all of you~ Firenze, Irweyn, Hunter~" Then she put her hand over her mouth, seeming surprised at herself. Oops, she had forgotten that they hadn't told her their names yet. It just slipped out. She quickly continued smiling, hoping they wouldn't mind her weird ability. Hopefully, they would just think she had seen their names and pictures on some sort of database that kept all the information about the students on their, which she had... and, without meaning to, remembered it.

Jaden grinned as Jeth said he needed to make a sword. "I can help with that. My people are adept with weapons. Plus my magic is ideal for it" he clapped his hands together and they emitted brief sparks. He was more than willing to leave the vampire zone. He just didn't feel like taking his chances. "Have fun Rhina" he smiled, his face obviously holding back a laugh. He'd finally found someone here more fidgety than him. It was a wonder she hadn't exploded in a poof of feathers in her tension. Not like he was one to talk, it just made him feel better that he wasn't the only one.

((Sorry for my absence, I've been here but haven't really seen the opportunity to post.))

Hunter had gotten several pears and chuckled a little when Irweyn had only gotten one, despite her apparent hunger. "So out of curiosity did you have to take a mortal form to come here?" Hunter asked her. He looked over at Firenze and shook his head. "I don't know how you can eat that. I can't eat anything that still has a lifeforce within." He said before noticing the little girl. He leaned over as she was pulling on Firenze's shirt. Curious! He thought as she spoke his name without telling her. Telepathic? He wondered but put a friendly smile on his face anyway and spoke. "Hi!"

((Ok, SL, let me understand this a little better. She's 3 which is equivalent to 16 human years and she has the appearance of a 7 year old girl?))

Edited by Danniphantom

((No, no... She is mentally 16 (but she enjoys acting younger), she looks 7, but she's only been alive for three years.... I kinda made that unclear on the form... I'm gonna wait for RD and cb's replies...))

"Well I guess you must be a herbivore, because we humans are omnivorous by nature," said Firenze to Hunter before he cut another piece of the beef to eat. Then when he heard the girl named Selene mentioning Firenze's and the others' names, the boy gave her a bewildered look and asked, "Wait, how did you know our names?" He wondered if she heard their names in the hallway until he saw her place her hand over her mouth. Edited by Red Dragonette

"..." Selene was silent and expressionless for a momentas if wondering if she should say anything. Then she smiled. "Magic," she simply said, "I'm all-knowing..." She laughed a little. "Do you know any magic?" she asjed, changing the subject. She didn't like people asking about her powers, "If you do, can you show me?"

Selene said that she knew their names by magic. "Wow, that's incredible for someone so young like you," said Firenze who was impressed. Then when asked if they knew any magic and if they can show it to her, Firenze said, "Sure I do, I was training to become a magic knight before I was sent here by my kingdom." At first he was going to conjure up a fire spell to shape the flames into a flower, but the boy figured that fire was dangerous to be in a child's presence. So instead, he used water magic. Firenze channeled his magic energy into water and made it take form of a seal lion. He animated the water on his hand to have the little pinniped creature catch a water fish that jumped into the air before the sea lion dove and melted into the water which it spawned from. "You like that?" Firenze asked the little girl. "I also have a summonstone with me that carries my little friend inside. Would you like to meet him?" he asked.

((I like your Korra signature, Danni!))

Edited by Red Dragonette

Hunter smiled as she asked if they knew magic. "I would gladly show you." He said. He picked up one of the pears that still had a leaf on the stem and pulled the leaf off. He took the leaf and gently held it against Selene's forehead. A warmth emitted from his hand and vines began to grow out of the leaf wrapping around her head in a tiara. He pulled his hand away and gently tapped a few spots on the vines and flower buds grew and opened to reveal several white flowers which in turn grew vines of smaller flowers that wrapped once around the tiara. Hunter smiled and took another bite out of his pear.

Jeth lumbered down the hallway as Jaden explained how he could help with that. "That is very nice of you Jaden all that's left now is to find a deposit of iron. We should make you a sword too, since we're looking for them. originally I was just going to shape one from the local rocks but since you have fire magic we can make actual swords." He saidn pensivly as he began to make his way down the stairs. "Actually now that I think about it, we could even make a Diamond by working together." He chuckled at the idea. It had been done in the past but was always in collaberation with fire, water, and air elementals. "Imagine showing up to class with that one eh?" He laughed again.

"Wow. That's really cool!" Selene said, marketing at the sight of the water magic, "I wish you luck in becoming a magic knight~!" Then she stayed still as the tiara grew. She smiled and clapped happily. "Wow. Thanks! It's so pretty!" she said childishly, touching the tiara with one hand. Then she looked back at Firenze. "A summonstone?" she asked. Oh. She knew what they were but had never seen one with her own eyes, only through the memories of different places and people. "Would I? Of course!" she chirped, seeming very excited.

Jaden raised an eyebrow. Was he really so small that no one saw the katana on his back? Jeth's words went briskly by him as he was still thinking to himself. "Well actually I already-" he stopped short. His head finally processed Jeth's words. "Wait... a diamond sword?" he murmured thoughtfully. Diamond was one of the strongest substances. A sword made from it would be extremely formidable. He cleared his throat to dismiss his last statement. "And just where would you go about getting the coal?" he asked.

Jeth never really took note of other peoples' weapons heck even the elders had weapons and he rarely noticed. "Coal naturally forms in some places we would only need to find it. I'm not a Guider so it's a little more difficult for me to find coal but I know the trick for earth searching so with time I could do it. But we would need a lot of coal. Still, the real trouble comes from making the weapon. A diamond blade hasn't been made since the Shaper legends and that took the collaborative efforts of four elementals, a fire, an earth, an air, and a water elemental. There is only you and me here, unless we know someone who can use magic to keep us cool and keep the oven full of fresh air a diamond blade would be extremely difficult to forge." He said hinting that he had only meant it as a joke, but even as he spoke the words he realized this activity could indeed foster good relations between him and the other races here.

((*Looks back at previous post* Oh god I actually typed 'eh' x.x that was supposed to stay in my head.))

Irweyn looked a bit puzzled by Hunter's question. "No, its just I'm not used to all these different forces." She said, she was talking about the wind, gravity, heat, cold. Those were all things new to her. "There was hardly any force in the Starkingdom, only magic that sustained us and we used for activitys and such." She added. When the young girl asked if they knew magic Irweyn simply replied "Yes." the girl had not asked for a demonstration, and Irweyn was feeling a bit fatigued. "I suppose I should get more of this substance if I am to satisfy my hunger. Pardon me." She said politely, she went back to wear the fruit was served. Taking another pear and an apple she came and sat back down.

((Oh Jeths just Canadian lol))

Jaden sat in silent thought over his words. "I'm proficient in manipulating the matter I already have. I can control the cooling to that point.... and I can make fire... but it's not my strong point" he sifted through his memory for any memory of fire-users. "Oh!" he smacked his fist into his other hand, "That Kira girl! She seems to mainly focus fire magic. I bet they can control the fire's smoke too" he recalled to Jeth. He took a moment to sniff the air and pointed down the hall, "She's that-a-way"

Edited by Sai

"As in the sarcastic girl?" Jeth's tone didn't sound nearly as overjoyed at the prospect of using Kira as one might have thought, but he bucked himself up and followed Jaden's directions anyways. "I hope she'll be nicer this time. She didn't seem to like me a whole lot when we were getting our dragons" He said to Jaden as he lumbered down the halls to where Jaden was directing him.

((I didn't follow Kira so I don't know where we're going you'll have to finish that bit happy.gif))

"Uh yeah... that one" Jaden murmured. Now that he thought about it she was a bit nippy. After the commotion in the cafeteria however, he got the feeling she was just.... spicy per say rather than mean. When they drew close to her room he sniffed again. Kira's door was left ajar. Jaden slipped off Jeth's shoulder and peaked in the room. He knocked on the door frame to get her attention. Kira turned to the door at eye level and paused briefly as she saw no one. Her eyes then moved downward to Jaden's shorter height and settled on the untamed. She cocked an eyebrow, "Yes?" Jaden paused and clasped his hands together nervously. "Um... hi... Kira? We were going to make swords and we were wondering if you would help with the fire aspect?" Kira looked at him thoughtfully and then stepped forward to glance at Jeth to see who made the 'we'. She wasn't taking swordplay herself, but at this point of the day she had nothing better to do. "Fine, whatever" she waved her hand off.

"That is good, we thank you for your help Kira. So then all that is left is to find the coal deposit." Jeth said to the pair. "If you give me a moment I should be able to find a good deposit nearby if there is one." Jeth sat down on teh ground right in front of Kira's door and closed his eyes making it seem like he no longer had a face. he concentrated on the ground and began seeking out telltale signs. It took him about five minutes but he smiled at his results. "I found a deposit. It isn't far from the school either. However, I will have to do some digging before we can get at it. Now that we have Kira along this could be done before the humans normal resting period if we go now and make your sword there." He said getting back up and waiting for Jaden to climb back onto him.