picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

Dain opened his mouth to counter her statement about all of his race being the same and killing werewolves. Sadly he couldn't and Dain knew this. "Every one of us has a different reason, and are a different person. Also it seems that you haven't killed a vampire because you hide from us in a human city. That also being said, aren't you just a typical werewolf? You stalk your prey by looking like them and your attitude could easily start a war, just like what happened when the current war first started. Look, I didn't mean to upset you, and I realize I am doing a crappy job making you feel better, so truce?"

Rhina jumped as two of them saw her, and she shrunk back as they demonstrated their powers. Any of them could kill her so easily. She hastilly shook her head, and retreated further into her wings, only a single eye visible. She would follow them out. After that, she would hide in her room again.

Hunter turned back and saw Irweyn burn her finer. "What was that human expression of curiosity and a cat?" He said chuckling. He turned and extended his arm, his hand outstretched as if saying "give". He looked at her through golden eyes with a friendly smile on his face. "Give me your hand." He said, and as he did a sky blue glow radiated from his palm. It was little known among those outside of the heavens, and even still only known commonly by the Angelics, it was their healing magic. Hunter was lucky enough to know a little bit about how to do it. He could heal small wounds such as surface burns and small cuts. "Non-Angelics generally need a chant of some form to perform this kind of magic. Luckily I'm only 1/16th non Angelic." He chuckled.

((Sorry for being absent, I had stuff going on.))

"My-my name is Firenze," said the boy to Irweyn who asked for his name. Hunter said that he was in Firenze's mount-riding class. Suddenly a fox bumped into the group and ran past them as it grew larger. "What was that?!" Firenze asked in surprise as he watched the fox go. Then some flames shot past them and the human boy flinched a step back as he cried, "Whoa!" The boy heard scratching of claws raking the floor and turned to see an angry dragon with a winged girl. The monster seemed to be glaring at Firenze, making the boy start to feel all defensive. After Hunter healed her finger, Irweyn went to the dragon and asked if it blew the fire and thought it was amazing. "Uh Irweyn, I don't think you should be around a dangerous creature like that. He seems pretty angry," Firenze cautioned for the Star to get away from the dragon.

Edited by Red Dragonette

She let Hunter heal her finger. "Many thanks." she said to him. Irweyn took Firenze's warning and stepped back over to them. Irweyn was to innocent to realize the dragon had meant to harm them. "So the fantasticical beast is a dragon... I believe I have heard of this before!" she exclaimed happily. She looked back at the dragon, desperately wanting to find out more about it, before giving up and surrendering back to her new friends. "So shall we head to the dinning hall?" she asked them, turning back to the subject of eating.

Trandafir ignored the glowing girl and snorted, annoyed that Isis was not letting him eat this human. Isis growled at him, telling him that he'd be sent back and forbidden to stay with her is he harmed anyone. She let lose a breath of dragon fire to tell him she was serious about sending him back. Isis looked at the other three who seemed to be getting over the scare from her dragon. She flexed her wings nervously. Trandafir seemed to have calmed down but was still glaring at the human. Debating on if she should approach the group and apologize or not, she patted Trandafir's neck again. Then she stepped forwards towards the group.

"Excuse me," she began, "I'm sorry about the dragon, Trandafir, and how he hurt you," she looked at the healed finger before eyeing each of the other creatures with restrained curiosity, "He's just a little nervous about coming here and being with all these other creatures. He has a special dislike for humans, unfortunately, my friend. Even stronger than most of the dragons from our village. I express my sincerest apologizes for Trandafir's behavior." She bowed to them, taking the rose off from her hair in an apologetic gesture. Then she straightened, pinning the rose back on. She didn't seem particularly sorry, but slightly sad at the mention of Trandafir's feelings towards humans. Her tail twitched nervously as she beckoned for Trandafir to apologize as well. Trandafir stalked forwards and telepathically said, "Sorry," to each of them with a small puff of fire.

"Curiosity kills the cat," Firenze answered Hunter's question about the expression for cats and curiosity. ((Sorry I forgot to respond to it.))

When Irweyn asked if they should head over to the dining hall, Firenze answered, "Yes, let's just get over there before that dragon tries to cook us again." He didn't want to be around a creature that lacked the discipline to not attack anyone in this school and he didn't want his new friends to get hurt. Then the half-dragon girl known as a dranovum came over and apologized about her dragon Trandafir hurting Irweyn and that he was nervous about coming here and being with all of the other races, especially humans which he had a very strong dislike for. "Well apology taken, I guess... Just don't let him around me if he doesn't like humans," Firenze said. Now Trandafir and his dranovum friend was added to list of people to avoid in the academy; the first one being the vampire known as Dain, whom he considered dangerous since vampires were known to feast on humans like him. The dragon gijinka may have looked sincere and apologetic, but Firenze wondered if she had let the dragon attack him on purpose, since humans and dragons had a fierce animosity towards each other during the war and the dranovum were the dragons' allies fighting against the humans.

Jeth was impressed by the boy's climbing ability. Although why the boy brought up social issues was beyond the earth elemental's reasoning. He had meant soft in the literal sense referring to how delicate the boy's body seemed. Still it didn't matter since Jaden seemed comfortable with Jeth. "I'm glad to here you aren't helpless Jaden and you are certainly a skilled climber. Although if you think you have social issues you haven't met the rest of my people. Most of them don't even talk." He said cheerily before also chuckling at the Harpy's shyness. Jeth walked over to Rhina stopping more than just a few feet short so as not to scare her away. The elemental knelt down and rested both of his stony hands on his knee. "You can relax Rhina, neither of us will hurt you." He said looking her in the eye. "Actually, funny thing I was looking for you earlier." He added trying to make some small talk with the harpy.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Hunter turned as the girl, Isis, and her dragon approached and apologized. He smiled and walked back approaching the two. He stopped before he felt that he would be encroaching upon the dragon's space. "No offense taken, and no permanent harm done." He smiled. "So you have no need to worry. My name's Hunter, though my given name was Nimanos." He said. "So this is what a legendary dragon looks like." He said admiring Trandafir. "I've never seen a dragon, only heard of them in books and in words. 'A fearsome creature that could strike fear in a man's heart only by his shadow'." Hunter recited the words of the man he had overheard on his way to the new continent. "Well I must say I am quite impressed." He bowed a little, both to Isis and to Trandafir. "It's a big school. But I suppose we will be meeting again at some point. I would enjoy learning what you would be willing to tell." He said before turning and walking back to his spot from moments before.

Kira looked off to the side, gripping her arms. "I havent.... I don't bite people. And I don't hunt them. Yes, I blend with humans well. And vampires haven't gotten me because I can defend myself fine" she cocked an eyebrow at him. She couldn't figure out why a vampire even cared if she was pissed. It wasn't like it made all that much of a difference. "Yes, that was a bad job.... whatever I don't care anymore" she rubbed the side of her head and sighed.

Jaden climbed back down the wall and landed on the flood with a soft thud. He shifted back up into his normal form and brushed himself off. "Point taken. Though, I guess I mean social issues for my kind. We tend to be.... direct" his ear twitched, as if not sure the right word was used. Untamed tended to be more feral natured. They valued honor in battle and were commonly fighting even if for fun over the dinner table. Jaden watched Jeth walk off to the harpy and stood back away. Being around uptight people like the harpy made him even more uptight than he normally was around strangers.

Rhina quaked as the monster came closer, and then she stopped shivering as he spoke in a calm voice and eeked two eyes out at him. She sensed no anger or underlying fear from him. He had power, she could see that, but for some reason it didn't scare her so much as the others...

"Yes, what did you want?" she spoke, her head coming out more so she could speak clearly.

"Well I was going to ask you for help with my egg but Jaden has already helped me there today. Still it would mean quite a bit to me if I could count on you two in the future. My people aren't as fragile as other species and we do not grow in the same manner. So taking care of an infant...anything really, is completely alian to me. Both of you seem to understand this a lot better than I do so if you would lend me your aid inthe future it would help a lot. Of course, I will help you inany way that I can as well, otherwise it wouldn't be fair." He said explaining himself to the harpy although Jaden was eventually included. When Jaden explained his people's social issue Jeth let out a single laugh. "I'm curiouse to know what you mean by direct" He said smiling.

Rhina shrunk slightly as he started talking, but soon returned to her position earlier, wings around her body but head visible. She seeme to be thinking what to answer, before she stood up. Draping her arms around herself again she paused, glancing to the others for a scond before quivering just once.

"I-I'll neeed to see the egg to know what it needs. S-some have special needs that need to be taken care of if they want to be s-strong..." she took a step back and retreated into her shell slightly, as if she was worried how he would react.

Jeth turned back to Rhina a little surprised. "Oh really? Well then I better show you quickly. Mine keeps floating away on clouds, I've left it alone for now but I'm not sure if that is normal." He added immediatly voicing his first and formost concern. After all he didn't want to go through the effort of carrying Jaden's fire to the egg and rubbing it on gently only to find out it may have been the wrong choice. After all the fire would be extinguished by water and he knew that Shaper legends stated that clouds were water for the Air elementals. Although it had seemed fine before it might have gone out by now.

((Oh Jeth, such a nervouse nancy xd.png))

Rhina tilted her head, clouds? She hadn't seen many eggs in her time, but she should probably give it a look over.

"Uhm, y-yes please l-ead the way." She glanced toward the others, hoping they weren't coming. Her wing lowered slightly, becoming more like a cloak then a shield. She hoped they didn't, they scared her immensely.

Jaden watched silently as the two conversed. He sat on the ground and folded his legs Indian-style. Perhaps a bird was really a good choice for an egg caretaker. Or at least someone bird-resembling. He'd always heard harpies were dim-witted, though this one didn't seem so. He flinched when his thoughts were disrupted by Jeth's question. "Ah well... my kind is the 'gain honor through battle' type. More barbaric as settling with fists instead of words. Fighting is fun we're taught" he mused. At home that would have warranted a cheer and beer. Here, he just felt awkward for stating it.

((Lol kind of like Vikings tongue.gif))

Edited by Sai

"Oh, how exciting! Its perfectly fine, it was my fault really. My name is Ιρωεψν, but in your tongue it is Irweyn." Irweyn said, with a slight curtsey, she studied them with fascination. She turned back to Firenze "I'm afraid you or Hunter will need to lead, I am at a loss as to in which direction the dinning hall is located." She told him. She turned again to the dragon, using a magic probe - undetectable to those less skilled in magic, and equally invisible- to study the beast, without getting to close for comfort. She glanced back at the egg, being held in a beam of silver light, making sure it hadn't been knocked out or taken. Withdrawing the probe she studied the information in her mind.

Jeth nodded as Jaden elaborated. "Funney you would say that, I never would have thought you were a born bralwer." He said to Jaden giving the untamed a nod. Standing up straight he motioned for the pair to follow him as lumbered to the door. "Will you come with us Jaden or would you like to spend more time here?" He asked wanting to give the untamed the option. Jeth was sure that Jaden would eventually want to find his other classes.

Rhina glanced to the person called Jaden, and she shrunk back into her shield of feathers and made sure the big one, Jeth wasn't it? She made sure Jeth was between them. If they began walking she followed at a slight distance, but still in line of sight. She was still scared of these ceatures.

Dain sighed and looked off to the side. He reached up and scratched the back of his head thinking quietly. "Well anyways, I have got to get my egg to my room before something dangerous happens. I will leave you to water you plan on doing. Maybe we will have some classes together. But mine are all at night, so, I don't know. Anyways, See ya!" Dain took off at a slight jog towards his dorm room. He still wasn't sure about what he would warm his egg with but as a temporary fix, he figured it could use a blanket or two. As Dain approached his room, he began to wonder which of his class would be first. He truthfully, almost forgot his schedule. Dain made his way inside and wrapped his egg in the blankets.

Jaden's ears titled back in embarrassment, "Yeah well.... my... well I'm a bit small to... well do much of anything in my tribe" his face flushed. His tail frizzed a bit in the stress of it. Jaden was a certified runt among the untamed. Of course that's why they sent him. To see how effective the school's training was to their kind. It was easier to see the quality of the outcome on something small in their opinion. When invited to come along, Jaden zipped along and climbed back onto Jeth's shoulder.

"I need to get to my egg as well.... yeah... bye" Kira muttered and turned on her heel. She walked into her room and crouched next to her egg. Faze was snoozing away on her bed. She casted her magic spell- a heat dome over the egg. "Well now what? Had food, had social intake, and I don't care to explore" she stated to the egg.

Trandafir, being a dragon and all, could see the magic probe and flinched away from it, growling, even though it was far from him.

"Trandafir. Show a little more respect..." Isis ordered, frowning at the dragon. Then she looked at the dragon egg with Irweyn. Deciding that she should be a little more social, Isis approached the glowing girl. "May I take a look at your egg?" she asked, "My name is Isis, by the way, and your name in our tongue would actually be..." her voice trailed off into a half-hissing, half-growling noise that only Trandafir seemed to understand. Then she broke off, coughing a little, some smoke coming from her mouth. "Sorry about that... I'm not very used to breathing dragonfire yet..." she muttered to the girl, straightening back up with her hand cupped over her mouth.

Irweyn spun with delight, making her pearly robes once again fly out in all directions. "Oh! I didn't know my name would be that! That was...." She paused, searching for the right words. " I've never heard my name pronunced that way before!" She was still using her musical tone, but it sounded more like bells. "Yes of course, I don't mind." she said in reply to Isis wanting to see her egg. She flicked two of her fingers forward and the beam of light holding the egg floated torwards Isis. The beam was only as large as the egg around and 3 ft tall. It floated off the ground and was eye-level with Irweyn.

Carefully, Isis took the egg into her hands and her expression softened. She had kept quite a cold, motionless demeanor up until now, but now she looked like a mother looking down at her baby. Slowly, she breathed a string of hot flames onto the egg, warming it and looked up at Irweyn.

"The egg should be kept warm at all times. Keep it away from flames that are too hot or dangerous, though, unless it's dragonfire. They like being in the flames of their own kind. Until they hatch, that is... Then they lose the shell and become more vulnerable to dragonfire, but less to other flames... It's weird," she said, holding out the egg for the girl to take back. Even Trandafir seemed to be content and calm in the presence of the egg.

Although Dain may not have noticed at first, there were two Jeth-sized foot dents in the floor by the door. Not to mention the matress laying in the middle of the room and blankets scattered everywhere on Jeth's side. Just above the now bare bed floated Jeth's egg on pink little clouds coated in what appeared to be fire.

"There is no need to be embarrassed, my people thought I talked too much. But here we are with other people not ours, so the same rules don't apply." He said as Jaden zipped back onto his shoulders. He began leading the way, making sure that he didn't accidentally lose Rhina in the process since she was following a short ways behind them. He had though about offering to carry her too but she seemed nervous around Jaden so instead he respected her personal space. He lead/carried his small party back his his room on the second floor where he stopped in front of room 200 and opened the door to see none other than Dain in here. "Oh, I didn't know you would be sharing a room with me Dain. I would have cleaned up a bit first." He said noting the mattress that was on the floor and the scattered blankets and pillows.