picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

((Um... I was accepted but my sheet isn't yet up there...

How can my chars jump in?))

Dain watched silently as the other students proceeded to grab their schedule and room key. He decided to go last, after all if he wanted to bunk with someone, he would need to know what they wrote down. Dain made his way to the sheet and stared at the names as he scrolled. A few looked like it would be fun to mess with them by bunking with them, since most were worried about him drinking blood. Dain eventually decided to bunk with Jeth since, if he did loose his mind, Jeth could probably subdue him better than most and Dain would have one hell of a time trying to drink blood from stone. So, Dain wrote down 200 just like the rest and took the key that appeared. He then grabbed his schedule and silently read it to himself. Swordplay, Herblore, Practical Battle Skills, Cultural Studies, and Alchemy. It was an interesting combination of classes but he could easily figure out why they were like that. Dain's next task was to head to the cafeteria and see if his 'shipment' came in. He headed there quickly using the smell of fresh bloody meat to light his way. When he came to the cafeteria, Dain made his way to the large medical style fridge and smiled when he opened it to find it full of blood pouches. Dain removed one and closed the fridge door. He then ripped off the top of the pouch and drank the blood like a juice pouch.

Ouka saw the spectacle that Dain created and had to stifle a laugh. "Never seen a vampire go after cold blood before." She said with a grin. She didn't hide her fangs this time. "What made you decide to come over to this place?" Ouka asked while tearing into a piece of meat. She drank some of the juice that was in a pitcher on the table. She motioned for Dain to take a seat and chat. "I promise not to bite." She flashed her fangs before turning back to her food.

Rhina sighed, opening her eyes and standing up and covering the egg with a blanket to help it retain its heat. After a few moments of gazing at the door, she hesitantly opened it and gazed outside. After seeing the coast clear, and hearing her stomach rumble again, she hesitantly steped out and closed her door. After a few steps, and nothing happening, she relaxed slightly and hugged herself to stop her wings dragging, and headed to the lunch room.Hearing a commotion through the door, she hesitate to go in, gazing through the blurry glass at all the people. Her stomach demanded food, and she shivered and opened her door, glancing to everyone before quickly shuffling to the food. Harpy's were once herbivores, but nesseity meant they had become suited to eating anything very quickly. Therefore once she saw all the food layed out, and instinct took over. Before she had throught it through, her mouth opened, revealing a ser of beak like teeth that bit into a cooke peice of meat and devoured it in seconds tearing it to shreads. After a moment she blinked, returning to reality and glanced around, shrinking under any gaze on her. She quiclly grabbed a little bit of everything and retreated out the door, shuddered, and began heading toward her room.

((Where should I star? Also, if you haven't already it might be a good idea to make an OOC Thread for this.))

(We got an egg, our room(between200-400) and are now eating. Honestly it's 4 pages, not that big a read)

((I was just wondering where I should start. Not what was going on I know I could read back and I have a little bit. I can't post now because I'm on my way to school. I'll be on later.))

((I'm just gonna plop in if no one minds... Because I don't know if I should make my character late or just... there, i'm gonna do this randomly

BTW, this is probably going to be the longest post I make in this whole RP))

Selene had waited for everyone else to finish before stepping up to take her egg herself. She was alone in the room and felt great like that, her brown eyes shinning. No one else's emotions to influence her, no depressing pasts of people to suddenly barge into her thoughts, no need for the fake expression of feelings that she always wore. Her face was emotionless as she looked over the eggs. They were all... breath-taking. Was that the right word? Selene shrugged, feeling as if it didn't matter. She flicked her brown hair back as she walked back and forth, her emotionless gaze trained on the eggs. Slowly, she reached out to touch a pure white egg that was completely clean. There was a cold and emotionless air around the egg and she knew she had found her companion. She reached out and picked it up, admiring it. She then turned to walk out of the room, her small body not even letting her make footstep noises.

Again, she waited for everyone to leave before walking up to the headmaster and the sheet and timetables. She gave the headmaster a little bow before taking the pen and signing the number 288 next to her name. As she looked at the sheet, she had the vague impression that no one would take the same room. But that would depend. As she straightened up, taking her timetable, she suddenly heard footsteps and turned, gasping at the sight. Isis was walking up to them, her golden dragon tail swishing as she walked and wings folded neatly behind her back. Her long, red hair swayed as she moved, the roses a deeper red against her hair. A faint, gold glow radiated from her skin as she walked over, studying Selene with faded blue eyes. A dragon-human? Weren't they just a myth? But then again, she had almost the same reaction to the Earth Elemental. A faint description of the dragon-human's race came into Selene's head. Dragnovums? Was that their real name? She had read, (well, not read, but known) about them from a book. Apparently, they were the mediators of wars and could shapeshift into dragons. However, something told her that Isis was not happy to see her surprised expression. Apparently, this dragnovum was used to people expecting her to suddenly become a full-grown dragon and swallow them or something. Selene quickly put on her fake, calm smiling face and walked away, getting the horrible feeling she was going to share a room with someone else. She could look at that timetable later.

At that moment, Selene heard a growl and a red dragon came bounding up to the dragnovum. Looking at the dragon without emotion, she gave a nod and headed towards her room. Isis watched the young girl go. The girl hadn't seemed as surprised at what she was than most people, which made her feel better about coming here. All the other races were always so expecting of their race. She heard Trandafir come up to her and gave the red dragon a pat.

This place is TINY! the dragon complained, letting out a angered snort and a puff of smoke.

You should be glad you were allowed here at all... Isis told the young adult, stroking him a little. After much argument, she had finally persuaded her parents to let her dragon come along with her to this place. At first, their tribe leader was against having her come here because she was already bonded with a dragon and very important, but she had insisted letting both her and Trandafir come. Trandafir meant rose. He was a marvelous dragon but very dangerous indeed, being more poisonous than most. Leading her dragon, Isis walked up to the headmaster.

"I'm sorry if I wasn't allowed to bring Trandafir inside," she apologized before-hand, "And sorry if I am late. I had some trouble bringing him here... May I ask what we are meant to do now?"

Trandafir snorted a greetings and an apology to the headmaster.

Glenvius had dumped his timetable and dragon egg in his room, being sure that they were both safe with a warming illusion over the egg. He walked into the cafeteria, ears perked and two tails twitching with nervousness. He had been too afraid to talk with any of the others before because they were all so much bigger than him! He was tiny compared to everyone else. He walked inside, unsure of what to first. He was used to having food set up upon his shrine and then running off with it if a hunter ever came. He was about to go in when suddenly, a harpy rushed past and knocked him over.

"Oof!" the silver haired child huffed, falling onto his silver fox tails.

"Welcome, late arrivals. Pick out your dragon companion to start, then come back here and sign your name next to a room number. You may then pick your schedule from the pile and roam the school" the headmaster explained in a short version.

Kira flickered her eyes as Ouka grabbed her food and went to a table. She started placing some food on a plate, taking her time. Dain entered the room and she watched him cross the floor to his blood supply. She rolled her eyes as Ouka expressed interest. "Obviously this must be your first time seeing a vampire. They can drink whatever blood they want... short of those that can ward them off" she narrowed her eyes at Dain. "And they kill werewolves" she added sharply. She temporarily left her food sitting as she leaned her back against the buffet. Her arms folded across her chest.

Jaden followed the harpy when she strode off to the cafeteria. Didn't think of that... he thought, frowning. He looked over the area and paused. There seemed to be a bit of 'friendly' chatter. The untamed scurried up the food, quickly took a few slabs of meat and ran to a table.

Edited by Sai

((Danniphantom, you can have your characters interact with Frienze if you want. He doesn't have anybody to talk to at this moment. I'll be on later, because I'm in school right now. Also, I'm changing dragon-riding to mount riding, so that he's not only riding dragons.))

Firenze just headed on over to his room to go place his baggage and stuff inside. The other students looked like they were hanging out with each other. Firenze was probably the only person alone in here. 'Guess they don't want to be around a human,' he thought. It was pretty understandable because humans were one of the most unpopular races in the world, though not as infamous as vampires, devils, or demons. Humans were known and stereotyped for their ignorance, arrogance, greed, and prejudice & discrimination against those different than them. But he was okay with them avoiding him, because Firenze had some of those defined traits himself, though he's not all that towards all non-human races. The boy went to his room and set his stuff down beside his bed. Then he took out a round light blue godstone out of his pocket and held it in front of him as he shouted, "Summon!" Aqua light flashed from the crystal and magical particles came out to take form of a small blue anthromorphic seal with a red nose, an ivory horn, and white muzzle and underbelly. Pluff the ocean seal deity bark a hello to his summoner. Firenze smiled at his friend and said, "Hey Pluff, looks like we made it here safely. I saw a variety of people here; shapeshifter, harpy, werewolf, argonian, untamed." Then he shuddered as he spoke this word, "a vampire." Then he relaxed again and continued, "And surprisingly, an earth elemental." Pluff barked saying that he thought earth elementals were supposed to be in hiding. "Well he's here alright. Anyway, I found something at the room where everybody was taking dragon eggs." The magic knight squire took out the orange egg-shaped godstone and said, "It's a godstone. Looks like a dragon egg, doesn't it?" The seal deity commented saying that it does. "Good thing I got to it first before the others did. Though I probably should have snuck up a real dragon egg while they weren't looking, because I don't know what we'll be doing with dragon partners in this academy and that deity inside the stone may not fit the criteria. I should probably sneak into the egg room tonight. What do you think?" Pluff replied saying that it might be a good idea. "Okay, then it's settled. I'm going in tonight." Then he returned Pluff back into his godstone and left the room.

Nick picked up his stuff and finally left, heading for his room with Rein at his side. When he entered his room he wasn't to disappointed. He dropped off his stuff, only staying for a moment as he was starving. Moving at a brisk pace he soon found himself at the cafeteria. He took two plates and heaped them high with hardly cooked meat, fish and some vegies. Sitting down a little ways off from everyone he put down a plate for himself and the other for Rein.

Finally Ten-Jorra have placed her egg on table (making sure that it has and will keep an approriate temperature beforehand) and left for cafeteria.

It actually took a while before she found it, as the argonian was still new to this castle. She made a note in her mind to memorize directions. Before entering cafeteria, she saw a kitsune boy, who was lying on his back. Normally she would just walk by, ignoring him, but now she knew, that since she is in the Academy now, it is best to socialize with the others, even if some were humans or resembled them in appearance. And Ten-Jorra extended an arm to help the boy. "Are you alright?" - she asked.

((Yay! Jeth gets a room mate happy.gif))

Jeth arrived at his room and opened the door. Much to his dismay the floor was wooden, as were the beds. "This will not hold me." He muttered dismally to himself. Still he plucked up a little hope and stepped into the room, gently at first just placing his foot on the wooden floor and then he added weight to it. The floor held which came as a shock to the elemental. He stepped fully into the room and bounced twice on the floor the slamming resounded through the hallways of his floor, and still the wooden planks held firm making Jeth smile. "I think I can live here." He said to himself although he didn't dare test the bed as well. Instead he used the pillow to prop up the egg and wrapped it in the blankets and duvet but he wasn't sure how to make it warm. All this things would keep it warm but he had no actual body heat to add. So he stood there puzzling over the problem.

(

He was about to go in when suddenly, a harpy rushed past and knocked him over.

"Oof!" the silver haired child huffed, falling onto his silver fox tails.

Normally this wouldn't bother me, but this is complerely against Rhina's character. She wouldn't bump into anyone, she would weave around them. Not only that it is technically powerplaying. Just a heads upif you make the others character do anything, you should slap an 'if that's ok with you' label on it.' I'll allow it only this once, next time please add a 'tried' if your chatacter is doing something to mine, or an 'if that is ok with you' if you are making my character do something. Now if you had of said 'narrowly avoided bumping into a fleeing Harpy' then I would have been fine with it. I'm not trying to have a go at you, just be carefull how you word things and how you control others characters.)

Rhina turned to dash away once more, her destination her room when she bumped into some other creature. She shreiked in fright and dashe away, not appologising for it in her fright. She fled into her room and locked the door behind her, huddling in the corner on the nest for a moment and shaking. IT was too scary, any one of these creatures could kill her. She would like to say the human can't but...Well, she'd heard the stories...

Edited by warewolves

Jeth could come to only one conclusion after puzzling, someone else had to warm it up for him. With a goal set in mind he now needed to find the others, preferably the harpy since she seemed to know what she was doing when it came to eggs, but anyone with a pulse would do. He left the room and closed the door behind him careful not to rip the knob out. He then thudded around the school looking for the others. Finally he found Ten-Jorra and who was the kid? Had he been present at the orientation? It didn't matter as long as they could help. "Excuse me, could one of you help me warm my egg. I don't have any heat to give to the egg." He asked the two of them in earnest.

"I am well aware of the bloodshed between our races. Where I come from vampires do not drink.medical blood. Although it would be nicer for us..." Ouka calmly said. "But since we are in a place that fate has brought us together why not make the best of it? Besides werewolves have killed vampires as well, no?" She showed a couple of scars on her back.Just trying to get to know who I am up against. She thought and turned to a bloodier piece of meat.This will be interesting. In a more subtle note, Ouka added "Why would you care about their race anyway?" She smiled.

((edited a bit))

Edited by Bladewolf175

Dain chuckled. He didn't think it was odd to drink the blood, but he guessed it could be odd for others. Dain shrugged to the were-wolf's comment. "Well I will agree that it is nowhere near as tasty as blood from a living person. It is like eating tofu for a human I guess. I get the nutrients but not the taste, nor do I gain power by drinking blood packs." Dain turned his head toward the door when it opened for the other students to enter. It was then that he heard Kira's sharp comment. "Well, is that what you were taught? It seems my race is getting sloppy," Dain made his way towards Kire and stopped in front of her with a smile, "I personally haven't let any of my prey to live." Dain stepped back and started laughing before he went to sit down at the table. "I promise I won't kill anyone. Mainly because if I do there won't be a clan to retaliate when you guys kill me."

((I shall Red smile.gif))

Hunter walked down the hall and made his way to his room. He and Forest managed to bunk up together. He held his egg tentatively, it felt warm and alive. The shell had a reddish glow with waves of red and orange moving over the surface of the shell, it gave it the appearance of a fire burning. He felt drawn to it however when he was picking it out of the bunch, which was odd as he had quite an aversion to fire and fire magic. He breathed in and held it for a second before releasing it and stepping into his room. He smiled as he saw a place to set down his egg. "I'll leave you here for now. I wouldn't want you breaking on me." He said scratching his head. He set the rest of his stuff down by one of the beds before exiting the room. Forest had gone off to explore, he would probably catch up eventually. He made his way slowly back down the hallway. His angelic mark was hidden by his shirt but there were lighter angelic runes that extended up his neck and circled both arms about an inch below the shoulders. These runes were clearly visible and appeared to be written in what was now black ink, he couldn't read them, neither could his brother, they were both unfamiliar with the angelic language since they had never really known their people. He sighed and leaned up against a wall. He expected people to be going back and forth, he wanted to familiarize himself with the faces before too long.

Kira watched Dain approached her and frowned as he stated it was just because they were sloppy. She finished putting food on her plate and marched over to where he sat. She plopped her food next to him, "I guess your race in general is sloppy then. I've outwitted a couple vampires. I can only imagine how special YOU are. What are you? The vegan of your race?" she asked, sitting down next to him. She popped another meat cube into her mouth.

Jaden waved his hand as Jeth stated he needed egg warmth. If Jeth was Ten-Jorra's friend, he couldn't be bad. "I know some fire magic" he scurried over to them. He rubbed his hands together and flames appeared. He offered them to Jeth, "Take them, they're not hot. Just rub the fire over the egg and don't get it wet" he had to make an effort to reach up because of the 2 foot difference.

Edited by Sai

Ouka laughed as the two took cracks at each other. "How is this going to work if we can not get along now? We could just destroy one another but that would defeat the purpose of coming here in the first place." She crunched into some bone. "So give it a rest and relax. It's our first day and we are already at each other's throats. Have a lamb leg." She offered Kira. Ouka had one hand under the table just incase she needed to create a weapon. "I could freeze the both of you, if you want me to. I Don't think it will be very productive though." She smirked.

Edited by Bladewolf175

((Okay, sorry...))

Glen jumped up, rubbing his head and watching the harpy speed off. She didn't seem to notice him. Maybe she did? Oh well, she was gone now. He looked at the seemingly older person who had offered him help.

"Don't worry, I'm fine thanks!" he said cheerfully. Looking around, he realized two more had joined them. Wow. A lot of creatures he didn't know. He didn't even know if they were friendly or not. Then, flames appeared in one person's hands as he tried to give them to the taller being. Out of pure surprise, Glen jumped and turned into a fox cub with two tails and hid behind the girl.

Isis frowned. "I already have a dragon companion..." she told the teacher. Then she figured he had probably gotten used to saying that. She smiled and took the pen, writing down 212. Then she took her schedule and went back to her room, wondering if a dragon would be allowed in the cafeteria. When she reached her room, Trandafir proved to big to sleep inside.

"I told you that you had to stay with the other dragons," Isis said playfully. The dragon just grunted in response, waiting for Isis to get a good look at her room. Even though he could for inside the room, Isis would be squashed with him sleeping at her bedside. When Isis came out and walked towards the cafeteria, Trandafir followed. Realizing that even if she tired, she wouldn't get Trandafir to stop following her, but they might cause a big commotion.

Selene had used hot water and a weird container to hold her egg. She didn't yet look at her schedule, but she already knew what classes she had. She walked outside and walked towards the cafeteria. When she got there, she saw four creatures standing outside. Giving a polite bow, she went into the cafeteria and looked around, smiling. She walked towards the food and got a bunch of fruit. She was a vegetarian, so no meat. After getting her food, she sat alone at an empty food. Thinking about something while nibbling on an apple.

As Firenze stepped out of his room and walked a few steps ahead, he accidentally bumped into someone in the hallway or maybe someone bumped into him. Not wanting to cause trouble, which his knight master warned him about, Firenze looked at the person who appeared to be an elf with markings on his neck and apologized, "Oops, excuse me. I didn't mean to bump into you. That was careless of me."

Kira poked at her food, "I got my own, thanks. I don't like lamb" she paused as Ouka stated she could freeze them both. A burst of laughter escaped her, "As if! I'm a fire mage, deary. Ice has no effect on me" she opened her hand and purple flames burst to life. Clenching her fist again, they disappeared. Kira looked at Dain with a smug smile. "Besides, Dain-y boy doesn't seem to mind. Do you? Or do you just pretend nothing bothers you?" she asked, leaning forward a bit to look around at his face.

The headmaster closed up the doors to the egg chamber when the last of the students seemed to have gotten eggs. He locked it and placed a warning over it about the dragons. When not in used, female dragons inhabited the room to care for the eggs and were not usually happy about visitors. He then turned and walked off to his office.

Edited by Sai

Ouka decided to calm herself. "Overconfidence often leads to failure, pup. There are ways for ice to subdue even fire. Do not underestimate me. You do not know anything about me as I do not about you." Ouka stated. She could barely control herself but needed to. The wolf was screaming to fight but ouka suppressed it. Fighting right now will get me nowhere. Study your opponents first then strike at their weakness. Remember what the clan leaders said. She laughed a bit and drank some more of the juice. "Maybe it is best we did get to know one another. I have a couple of night classes but I doubt I'll see either of you there."

Hunter suddenly found himself being pushed accidentally by someone walking down the hallway. "Eh?" He exclaimed looking up and seeing Firenze apologizing. "Oh, don't worry about it." He said smiling. "I'm Hunter." He said extending his arm for a handshake. His other hand was lightly placed on the back of his head just above the neck. His hair was sticking out of the space between his fingers as he awkwardly scratched his head.