picknick10

Closed/ Rebooting

((I've already missed everything ._.

IMPROVISE TIME! ...don't kill me.))

Ten-Jorra came back to her room after walking around the castle. First thing she saw, once she glanced at the table - her egg emitting electricity every two seconds. Immediately walking up to it, she measured egg's temperature (while receiving some shocks from electricity). It was normal. "What's happening with egg?" - she thought out loud, thinking over the situation. If it was close to hatching... so early? No, that would be impossible. "Perhaps I just need to wait..." - she thought.

((Okay, what time is it now in RP?))

((Not much time has passed, we're still mingling around before classes.

Firenze, Hunter, Irweyn, Isis, and Trandafir are talking with each other in the hallway.

I'll get to the others later.))

After Hunter said that his real name was Nimanos, he said that heard from a book that dragons were fearsome creatures that could strike fear in a man's heart only by his shadow. That sentence was true, because humans feared the dragons for the fiery destructions they've wrought upon villages and the fact that the hungry ones attack people on site and eat them. That was why humans warriors and wizards were trained in the ways of dragon-slaying so that they wouldn't get eaten or burned. Then Irweyn turned to Firenze and Hunter and said that they would have to lead her to the cafeteria as she had no idea where the dining hall is. "I'd be happy to take you there, but I kinda forgot where the dining hall is. I've only seen its entrance for a second. But I'll probably get us there if I try to remember where I walked to get there," he said. Then the dravonum said that her name was Isis and she borrowed the Star's egg and blew a string of flames at it. Firenze looked at Isis in shock as he thought that she might be trying to destroy Irweyn's egg, but then the egg survived the fire unharmed. The dravonum girl said that eggs should be kept warm at all times, but needed to be kept away from flames that were too hot unless it was a dragon's fire. For some reason, hatchlings' resistance and vulnerabilities were opposite of eggs'. The subject of eggs reminded Firenze of his egg-shaped summonstone. It wasn't a real dragon egg, but he took it out of the nest as his own anyway. He wondered if there would be classes pertaining to dragon eggs; would his summonstone do everything the other students' eggs did? And when the eggs hatched into dragons and the classes had lessons requiring both the dragon and its partner to work together, would the deity inside the summonstone work well? Probably not, because some deities, if they were powerful, would drain the strength and energy of their summoners while they were in use and that could be a problem for Firenze, because he won't have the energy to cooperate with his deity. He would like to see what his new summonstone's deity was like, but chances are the deity might initiate a battle with him like some others do in order to see if the summoner was worthy of their powers. Firenze didn't want to start a fight in the Academy, so he'll have to wait until later.

Rhina slowly came up behind the earth elemental and cautiously peeked inside the room and saw the egg.

"F-Flames!" she stuttered, rushing in and gentl grabbing the egg and then letting it go as it was warm and she reacted like it had burnt her hands. She ignored it and glanced around for something to put out the fire.

"It will cook! Turn off the fire" she spoke worredly. She blinked at them, squeaked and rushed out the door and ensured there was a large gap betwen them.

Edited by warewolves

((Umm.... the flames don't burn. They are only about 99 degrees F. Jaden made it perfect temp for the egg. They are just warm to the touch))

Dain looked up to see Jeth his mind drawing a blank at first while he attempted to come back to reality. "Picked... up?" Dain looked around before making an embarrassed smile. "Sorry, it wasn't a problem. I was actually in a different world mentally when I entered, that I thought the mattress was a rug... Sorry about that. As for the mess, It isn't a big deal. Even though Dain said that, he was disappointed as he looked around. He silently hoped that it wouldn't be like that all year but figured he could just do the giant stone man a favor and clean it when it gets to bad. "As for dorm-ing with you, I figured it would be the safest option. Who are your friends?" He asked politely.

Irweyn watched closely as Isis took the egg and blew fire on it. Apparently the red energy was called 'fire'. She took the egg back gently, "Yes, thank you." she said. She pulled the beam closer and made a few adjustments to the light. Placing the egg into it, the light faded for a bit before coming back with a golden hue, rather then the silvery glow it used to carry. The light also gave off a similar heat to that of the one the dragonfire gave. She turned around and faced Firenze, "Marvelous! Please, lead on." She said with a smile.

Jaden watched silently from Jeth's shoulder as the elemental and Dain spoke. His head snapped to Rhina when she spouted that flames were cooking the egg. As she ran from the egg, he figured she was going to put out his fire. Jaden lost balance in this realization and tumbled backwards off Jeth's shoulders. Funny enough, he landed on his feet to compliment his cat-like appearance. "N-no!" he jumped up and grabbed the egg, holding it to himself. "I put it there! It's magical fire. It'll keep the egg warm..." he trailed off as he saw how awkward the whole thing looked. He silently handed it back to Jeth. Jaden cleared his throat and climbed back onto Jeth's shoulder. It was more comfortable without people looking down at him- literally.

Jeth could see the disappointing look on Dain's face and sighed. "It's not normal for me. My egg hadn't been where I left it so I umm...searched." He explained to Dain. Jeth actually had no intention of sleeping on the bed that had been provided since it would probably just crumple under his weight. Jeth looked at Rhina and Jaden as they acted out their little drama which ended with Jaden returning to Jeth's shoulders. "That is Rhina, she is the one who mentioned we keep our eggs at body temperature." He said looking back out the door she had fled through. "And this is Jaden who gave me the special fire." He said gesturing to the untamed on his shoulders. "I was worried about my egg floating on clouds so I asked Rhina to come look at it to make sure it was ok." He explained to Dain as the egg floated across the room again having created new clouds after a moment of resting in Jeth's hands. He looked back at Rhina with a smile. "Rhina, Jaden says the fire is safe for the egg, but I'm worried about it always floating on clouds. Is that normal?" He gently ushered the floating egg into sight for the harpy. It had a swirling pattern of light blue and pink, and the clouds themselves had a slightly pinkish colour to them.

Rhina glanced between them and whimpered, taking a step back.

"I-it is normal b-but day-dream d-ragons are d-ifferent from m-ost other eggs, they n-need moisture t-to hatch s-strong and the fire w-ould be-stealing-that." She seemed almost scared to speak up. Looking at the egg her eyes semed very worried, the clouds looked very thin. As she had spoken a layer had gotten a little thinner.

(Basically, Daydrams rely on those clouds to live, and fire need oxgen and it's going to dissapate the clouds.

You know?)

"I bid you farewell..." Isis said, bowing. She smiled at the other three as she lead Trandafir back towards their room. Trandafir's eyes watched them warily for a moment before he looked at Isis and followed.

---

Glen ran back and forth randomly exploring the school now. He was slightly larger than a full grown fox, his two tails streaming behind him as he ran. He was careful to not crash into anyone, but a little sad that he had not made any friends yet, except Rhina. If she counted him as a friend...

((Rawr, done waiting for Dain ._. Will post when I get off work))

Dain looked up while Jeth explained why his room was a mess and fell back on his bed laughing. "You.. "searched?" That is more than searching, my friend." Dain quieted himself down as Jeth began to introduce everyone. Dain stood doing a informal mock bow to Jaden and Rina as they were introduced. "It is nice to meet you two, I am Dain, vampire mercenary extraordinaire." Dain smiled. He didn't truly care for his previous job as a mercenary vampire for the Vampiric Clans. "As for the eggs, I have no idea. I don't even know how to care for mine."

Jaden frowned as Rhina explained the egg's need for moisture. "Should've said that in the first place..." he muttered. Jaden snapped his fingers and a blue spark flew out to the egg. The fire melted away and turned into a warm vapor. The clouds absorbed it and beefed up again. Jaden was quite adept in mater-manipulation magic. He looked back to Dain as he introduced himself. He wasn't crazy about befriending a 'blood-sucker'. "Then maybe you should figure out what kind it is first" he said, watching Jeth's egg float around again.

Rhina sighed in relief and gently picked up the egg and brought her ear to listen to it, eyes closing. She gently let the egg go, a satisfied smile on her face.

"It's doing ok, It'll hatch soon." With that done she turned to the vampire and shrinked a bit as she spoke.

"I can-um-check it if you-well-want."

((@Tron: Okay I got nothing for the others, I'm brain dead right now. So you'll just have to do your own thing until somebody comes along to meet you.

Also sorry about the long wait, I've been working on a fanfic chapter which is now 75% done.))

Firenze lead the way to the dining hall as he tried to remember the steps he took to get there. He made a mistake once of going into the wrong path and ending up seeing the restrooms, which wasn't where he went to get to the dining hall. So he turned back and took the right path this time. Soon, they got to the dining room and said, "Well here we are. We should eat something quick before the classes start." He went to the food-serving counter and requested the cafe workers to give him some beef, peas, and mashed potatoes with gravy. Then he got himself a cup of water before he went to the table to eat.

((Don't know if that's how it works in the Academy's Dining Hall. I forgot to read the others' posts.))

Jeth looked away in emberrasment when Dain laughed at him. "It's fragile and I was worried." He said defending himself. Jeth smiled when Jaden took the fires off the egg and beefed up the clouds and Rhina checked the egg. "Thank you to both of you." He said cheerily, putting his emberrasment to the back of his mind. He could see Rhina's obviouse nervousness. "Dain is friendly you don't to worry about him either." Jeth said happily to the harpy. Of course he was obliviouse to the negative views other races had towards vampires.

Jaden looked between Jeth and Dain, listening silently. He recalled again the elemental tearing through the room for the egg. From how frantic he was, Jaden felt that if the egg was indeed on the ground, it might have been smashed. He remained silent on it, a grin plastered to his face instead. It looked a bit humorous with his little fangs sticking out. His ears perked forward as Jeth told Rhina she had nothing to worry about. That Dain was completely safe. At this Jaden cracked and burst out laughing. He grabbed Jeth's should to keep from falling backward. "Harmless vampire? Oh now that's a new one! May be easy going for you, being a rock but they feed off our blood. How does that work again by the way? You eating?" he looked at the vampire.

((More like a buffet, but whatever lol))

Edited by Sai

Rhina shrinked back further, cornering herself in one edge of the room closest to the window as he cracked up laughing. Her eyes glanced between them and she hid once again under her feathers.

"I-I can g-go if you want..." She didn't like this, they could hurt her. This was not good not good indeed she needed to get out.

Jeth thought on Jaden's words a moment and he too let out a low rumbling laugh. "I suppose your right. Still, he seems plenty nice, and doesn't seem interested in hurting anyone, that is what I meant."[/b] He said smiling at the group except for jaden since the boy was sitting onhis shoulders. He shook his head at Rhina. "If you wish to go I certainly will not stop you, but you are welcome to stay for as long as you and Dain are comfortable. I say Dain as well since he must share the room with me." He said warmly to the harpy. He could see that she was nervous and could vaguely understand why she would be uncomfortable, so he tried to respect that.

((...Am I the only one, who has some free time?

If not: people, please don't forget about this RP (and for certain users: you might want to remember about Dragons vs. Humans RP...)

I've finally beaten my lazyness...))

After watching her egg for a while, Ten-Jorra decided that it'll hatch much later, probably tonight or tomorrow at morning. Then she switched her mind to castle's structure. "Ok, let me see if I've got the rooms and floors straight. Main hall, dragon eggs and gyms are at the first floor, students' rooms are at the second - and that's where I am right now. Then there's cafeteria, and then there are rooms at the third floor, where we are supposed to be teached... at least that's what I think."

Then she remembered that harpy she saw earlier. "Hmm, I think I've seen her as shy and nervous... if so, then... Maybe she'd feel better if she learned how to meditate..."

Ten-Jorra was surprised by her own thoughts. Normally she wasn't paying much attention to any species besides hers and dragons. Something changed inside her.

((Enk! Why did you have to place us in limbo with Dain!? Lol))

((Sorry guys. I just had a family member die, and I am not even at home.))

Dain chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "Well about me eating. I don't plan on hurting you guys, but don't check my closet, or I may have to hurt you." Dain was making a simple joke, insinuating that he hid his victims in his closet. He then looked at Rina and kneeled. "Will you please, take a look at my egg for me? It would be highly appreciated."

((Once again, sorry for the wait and short post.))

(*hug* take all the time you need, loosing family is never easy)

Rhina shrinked even closer into her feathers when he mentioned not going near the closet. When he kneeled she blinked, confused by the simple act. Why was he kneeling, she was only cheking his egg.

"Uhm, If-IT's ok with you I-I'd love to check your egg." She tried to take a step back, and remembered she was already in a corner of the room. Wish a carefull action she unwound herself with frightened slowness, and held her hands out in a cupped position.