TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

No luck this time either .....starting to get tired of it finally.....been keeping the 1 or 2 skywing missclicks now...

Crap, in the volcano biome the same egg sat there the entire drop. I saw one Brimstone, but was refreshing so fast I refreshed right over it, then that was that for the whole drop. >:/

Bring on the scornful replies, people.

She wasn't being 'scornful' at all. She was just telling you the truth.

The game is what it is, has been this way the almost 3 years I've been here. It's not going to change. You'll just have to work with it, that's all you can do. That's all the rest of us do.

Edited by MedievalMystic

The ONE time i had a chance to get a Brine, i biome jumped right before i comprehended what i saw.

I'm starting to think new releases aren't worth all the work, disappointment, and depression- i've already got enough of all that. I've been trying to get one since the FIRST day my time, and personally, i'm fed up with all the failure. As soon as i have a chance, i lose it because i can't expect to have it. Games of chance aren't my cup of tea, that's for sure. Just speed is fine, but chance? Nope. I'm just going to resort to haunting the AP and praying i find a Brine or metallic in there.

Ooo, only seven hours until the first of my hatchies grows up! Can't wait to see whether these new species are "regular" dragons or in one of the other breeding categories...

Why not? I can still pick them up, raise them as hatchlings, and then trade them or gift them to people who want them. Hatchlings are more valuable you know. Maybe I have an army of, say, waterhorses and wanted to contribute. Or maybe one of the eggs I picked up from the AP had a desirable lineage. There are many factors that go into picking up an egg. rolleyes.gif  I actually was off DC for a bit, so I haven't flooded anything.

Actually, I scroll over all the eggs in the AP now for cool codes. Also some are CB pygmies low-time all-set with the clicks; great for my army.

Dragons are dragons: they're all equally awesome to me. It's not like common dragons don't boost you to a gold trophy. I understand how you want to get rares and new releases, but sometimes we just need to get commons and RAISE THEM TO ADULTHOOD (not freezing) and love them.

I believe in common armies and pretty-lineaged commons: sometimes we just have to love them. It's not their or their creators' fault they turned out to be common. They're still beautifully sprited dragons which a lot of people spend time on.

Edited by alphawolfhuskee

Actually, I scroll over all the eggs in the AP now for cool codes. Also some are CB pygmies low-time all-set with the clicks; great for my army.

Dragons are dragons: they're all equally awesome to me. It's not like common dragons don't boost you to a gold trophy. I understand how you want to get rares and new releases, but sometimes we just need to get commons and RAISE THEM TO ADULTHOOD (not freezing) and love them.

I believe in common armies and pretty-lineaged commons: sometimes we just have to love them. It's not their or their creators' fault they turned out to be common. They're still beautifully sprited dragons which a lot of people spend time on.

I know. That's what I was saying to Andralexis. But they don't seem to understand.

Anyways, I think blusangs with daydreams also look nice, although the style IS different.

Edited by ylangylang

Ack, my two Brines gendered correctly but both my Olives gendered male! *tear* Now let's hope I can find someone who is willing to exchange their female Olive hatchling with my male Olive hatchling. *sighs tiredly*

EDIT: I just managed to trade for a female Olive hatchling! biggrin.gif Now I can go to bed with a peaceful heart. <3

Edited by Duysterwald

I was lucky. All my new releases gendered as influenced. I also have another rancid (I mean brimstone, I still keep calling them rancid for some reason) that will hatch soon.

She wasn't being 'scornful' at all.  She was just telling you the truth.

Never played an MMORPG before?

Oh, my bad then. [/sarcasm]

Allow me to restate:

I'm off this thread to avoid personal attacks and pointless discussions. Don't even bother replying to, it has nothing to do with this thread at all by now.

Oh, my bad then. [/sarcasm]

Allow me to restate:

I'm off this thread to avoid personal attacks and pointless discussions. Don't even bother replying to, it has nothing to do with this thread at all by now.

Hey, I was just curious, because there are legitimately people who haven't played any MMORPG before-just flash games. *shrug*

Third hourly drop I've tried today and still no luck getting any Brines x__X How you people do it?!

My guess would be multi boxing with scripts that read the egg descriptions and autoclick on the desired one.

Armies are fun, but sometimes, I look at my scroll, and can't find the dragon I'm looking for... or there's just too many of them. >< I do love common dragons, and I really ought to return to my PB Daydream dragon lineage. v.v A bunch of them are waiting to be added to the project. xd.png And also, one day the commons might be rare/uncommon in the future (example: Blacks. I have a Black army because back in the day, people would abandon scores of hatchlings all the time.)

I love that the site is bigger now, but I hate that means if you're not here the day of, there's a long wait to get even one of the new eggs. x_x

Thank you to the New Release Gifting Force for giving me an Olive egg, though! :3

My guess would be multi boxing with scripts that read the egg descriptions and autoclick on the desired one.

Or the old fashioned way... eyes glazed over from staring at that one little spot on the screen, cursor poised over the sweet spot, and finger madly clicking away as soon as eggs appear. tongue.gif

my guess too o:

(example: Blacks. I have a Black army because back in the day, people would abandon scores of hatchlings all the time.)

Hee! Yep, I remember the "black and vine wall of doom", just after alts were introduced. Since you could tell whether a dragon would alt based on subtle differences in egg color, people abandoned non-alts as soon as they were produced. Once the eggs were standardized, then you saw black and vine hatchies pop up pretty much constantly, since their relative rarity was still super-common and nobody wanted to keep "fails". laugh.gif

Say, does anyone other than TJ have new adults yet? (As in, did anyone successfully force or earthquake their eggs?) I'm so curious to know whether all three can be bred with regular dragons (as opposed to pygmies, splits, or drakes), I can barely stand the itchy feeling of wondering...

I think most people just use a fast browser (I use Chrome when hunting) with images & Javascript turned off - then F5 like a mad thing at the top of the hour.

Patience, my darlings, does pay off. Now you have one less player to contend with in your search for blusang eggs for a while. Though if I do manage to catch another, I shall be in the gifting threads, or randomly looking for folks still struggling. Right now, though, I am locked up tight for a few hours, due to my new briny-smelling egg.

I was beginning to think my "clicker" was broken as even my misclicks aren't catching anything in the coast. tongue.gif But once the coast cleared I went to the forest and was able to grab the third Olive that I saw, so at least I know it is just the sheer number of people trying for them in the coast biome.

I can now call my collection of Blusangs, Brimstones, and Olives complete. I've got 4 CBs of each type. I've been gifting any Blusangs I've caught since getting the 4 I wanted.

Grabbing Olives are remarkably easy if you're willing to grab some other eggs to move the cave along. I seen one sit on the page through four refreshes. I have yet to see a Brimstone, but I have seen quite a few Blusangs. They're just really hard to catch.

Edited by MysticTiger

I usually don't have trouble catching new release eggs, but these are eluding me *headdesk*

After two days of trying, I have only one brimstone.

BUT I know that eventually I'll manage to catch some of the others.

Good hunting, one and all!

You know what, let's just get the eggs off the AP. It wouldn't hurt. Just 30 users need to get one egg. It won't hurt much. That would be great!

Patience, my darlings, does pay off. Now you have one less player to contend with in your search for blusang eggs for a while. Though if I do manage to catch another, I shall be in the gifting threads, or randomly looking for folks still struggling. Right now, though, I am locked up tight for a few hours, due to my new briny-smelling egg.

Congrats congrats! And woot!

I have to say, I've had little trouble catching brines, but MAN is it tough for me to snag brimstones. dry.gif I literally -- I mean literally, and it wasn't a pretty sight -- leapt out of my chair and did the happy dance last time I realized I'd actually snagged one. laugh.gif So they seem even more precious to me, given how hard I work to snag 'em and how many curses fly at the screen between dances... wink.gif