TJ09

2012-08-15 - August Release

I've actually seen plenty of tsunamis in the drops, but people grab them up pretty quickly.

Yeah, I've gotten two pairs of Tsunamis since the release started.

Y'know, it's hard to see blusang eggs (or any other kind of egg for that matter) through a blanket of whitescreen. dry.gif

Gah, two more misclicks...and one more Blusang. I've got one slot left, so I'll try for another Brimstone next hour. I'm about tired of misclicks. :/

Y'know, it's hard to see blusang eggs (or any other kind of egg for that matter) through a blanket of whitescreen. dry.gif

Yeah, I get that, too, and it doesn't matter what browser I use and I've tried several. I just keep slogging through it the best I can. It's annoying, but I haven't figured out how to get rid of it.

Thankfully, I haven't had that problem, but they sure are tricky eggies to catch! ohmy.gif

I've had two misclicks today. dry.gif

*sighs* AP CLOGGED UP AGAIN. There's too many misclicks.... and since I've abandoned (heh heh, pun unintended) all hope of a Brine for now. Until people don't want them anymore. Or they're all egg-locked.

{Yes, I still call them Brines. The name sticks.}

I'm still a newbie here, but it's easy to see how wrong the current system release is.

Everyone is hunting for brines so hard, I've seen Origami, Vampire and Metallic eggs in the Abandoned area. It's so obnoxious the cave is blocked for hours thanks to the guys who just cave-block everyone else to hunt for several Bluesangs.

IMO, it would be much easier if you were limited to pick a single "new" egg per breed per release. Thus, people would not be multiple hunting those, the cave would not be blocked for so long, and everyone would have their Bluesangs by now.

It's very frustrating.

i want 1 brine dragon since i have 1 each of the other 2.

But every time i try to pick one up, somebody else grabs it first.

GRR!

I wish somebody would gift me one brine dragon. Oh well.

Edited by DarkstarWolf

I'm still a newbie here, but it's easy to see how wrong the current system release is.

Everyone is hunting for brines so hard, I've seen Origami, Vampire and Metallic eggs in the Abandoned area. It's so obnoxious the cave is blocked for hours thanks to the guys who just cave-block everyone else to hunt for several Bluesangs.

IMO, it would be much easier if you were limited to pick a single "new" egg per breed per release. Thus, people would not be multiple hunting those, the cave would not be blocked for so long, and everyone would have their Bluesangs by now.

It's very frustrating.

You might be interested in this thread. http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=140319

But please don't discuss playing styles in this thread.

It's so obnoxious the cave is blocked for hours thanks to the guys who just cave-block everyone else to hunt for several Bluesangs.

Well, it's not like all those people aren't cave blocked themselves, too. lol Everyone, or should I say the vast majority, is having a hell of a time getting the Blusang eggs. It doesn't seem to matter what browser is being used, or how fast their internet connection is, I've heard more stories of struggle this release than any other since the Marrow release. It's tough all around, not just on a few people. Everyone who has several Blusang eggs has slogged through the mud uphill and worked like a dog for every single one of them. I made a point of getting up at 2 a.m this morning just so that I could be in there when most people were asleep. lol I'll probably do that again, too.

IMO, it would be much easier if you were limited to pick a single "new" egg per breed per release.

God forbid! >_<

Edited by MedievalMystic

And...everyone would multi-scroll like hell? Understand the sentiment, but no. There are other ways to get them, such as catching a rare in the less populated biomes and then trading for blusangs. But yeah, I agree that this was the one of the more "OMG NO EGGS!" release I've ever seen.

Edited by ylangylang

I think dragcave needs a few other servers because unless your hunting on the hour the cave is always blocked.

I wish somebody would gift me one brine dragon. Oh well.

I will, if I get an extra. although I have none right now LOL! I doubt, that against 150 diff people, I would get a brine. Even with a high speed computer! xd.png

You might be interested in this thread. http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=140319

But please don't discuss playing styles in this thread.

Is not about playing styles, I do support the mass hunters and it's also not much of a discussion, more like an observation coming from a new guy. You might downplay my opinion or discard it in anyway you see fit, but I have to point it out nevertheless because it's something that could be improved upon to benefit everyone. (And it's not like it's hard to understand, it's basic economics).

The more dragons you have, the more resources you will be able to tap into. When a new dragon comes in, it's easy to drop some eggs to avoid the scroll lock, and hunt to your heart's content. That system, as it is, provides an unequal environment where new players struggle to find a highly sought egg while oldtimers can drop as many eggs as they see fit.

Seeing that older players are always going to be more than new players, that creates an overload where the only way to enter into the cave to get the new eggs is for some newbies to pick abandoned eggs, because it's even less probable for oldtimers to go there and pick anything (as chances are they can already breed it).

Limiting the new breed egg number to 1 during, let's say, the first week after a release, would certainly help with these issues, although it's not the only way.

In any case, the flaw is there.

Everyone keep in mind this is the New Release News thread not a suggestion thread. Please take suggestions to the appropriate thread/forum - there they have a better chance of being seen.

Some of us have finished hunting and are doing our best to clear out caveblockers! The number of people doing this will probably increase, too, so take heart, those still hunting.

Regular releases are generally like this, though not to this extreme lack of one breed. Blusangs are not as common as their release-mates, so it is a little harder to grab them. Trios were a bit harder to catch after a few days (not quite as hard as it is now),but they are all equally rare. There was only one Cave at that point. It is so much easier with all the Biomes. Think how much harder it could be to catch Blusangs if Pebbles were competing in the drop.

Tsunamis were rather like this up until, well, now; way too hard to catch even though they aren't meant to be that uncommon. It will get easier with time. A huge part of Dragon Cave is, sadly, patience. I'm pretty bad at it too.

I think dragcave needs a few other servers because unless your hunting on the hour the cave is always blocked.

That is intentional. The AP is always a wall for a few days afterwards, because the block is taken away for the release event. It will get back to normal in a couple days, maybe quicker if everyone tries to grab an AP egg.

The more dragons you have, the more resources you will be able to tap into. When a new dragon comes in, it's easy to drop some eggs to avoid the scroll lock, and hunt to your heart's content. That system, as it is, provides an unequal environment where new players struggle to find a highly sought egg while oldtimers can drop as many eggs as they see fit.
Most online games ARE like this, so I don't see why you're complaining-in most games there's the "level up system" where if you've put in more time and effort, you've a higher level and more access to things. Never played an MMORPG before? Besides, it's not like newbies can't abandon or something. If you want a highly sought egg, abandon your eggs too. Misclicks are there for 5 hours, that's equal for everyone.

that creates an overload where the only way to enter into the cave to get the new eggs is for some newbies to pick abandoned eggs, because it's even less probable for oldtimers to go there and pick anything
This doesn't even make sense. The hourly drops are there for everyone. The cave doesn't go like, "oh, you've got no eggs? Well you can't pick up any eggs then. Haha." And actually, oldtimers with more scroll space ARE MORE LIKELY pick up eggs from the abandoned section because they've got egg space left over. Which is what I'm planning to do after my next egg hatches.

Limiting the new breed egg number to 1 during, let's say, the first week after a release, would certainly help with these issues, although it's not the only way.
1 week is too long, and as I've said, would encourage multiscrolling. Because hey, if I can only have one egg per scroll, what if I have another scroll so that I can have two eggs in total?

dry.gif

Make use of the gifting threads. I've seen plenty of very kindhearted people gifting blusangs. biggrin.gif

Edited by ylangylang

Wow. I predict a whole lotta blusang x tsunami lineages in DC's immediate future. They almost look as if they were designed for that specific purpose; even the sprite poses are complementary on a lineage page. wub.gif

I can't shake off the feeling that I seen the Brimstone hatchling...I don't know if it was on the Completed List or not but the hatchling just is making me feels like I seen it somewhere.

Blusangs are oh so very hard to get, but thanks for those who gift and unbloc kthe Cave and AP: I appreciate it. Has gotten me two Rancids and two Musties.

{Yep, the name stuck}

Although I am struggling to find CB Blusang gifters.... I suppose they're just very valuable and pretty....

Love the dragons but still trying to get the Brimstone and Blusang ones lol

grrr slow intgernet

Most online games ARE like this, so I don't see why you're complaining-in most games there's the "level up system" where if you've put in more time and effort, you've a higher level and more access to things. Never played an MMORPG before? Besides, it's not like newbies can't abandon or something. If you want a highly sought egg, abandon your eggs too. Misclicks are there for 5 hours, that's equal for everyone.

This doesn't even make sense. The hourly drops are there for everyone. The cave doesn't go like, "oh, you've got no eggs? Well you can't pick up any eggs then. Haha." And actually, oldtimers with more scroll space ARE MORE LIKELY pick up eggs from the abandoned section because they've got egg space left over. Which is what I'm planning to do after my next egg hatches.

1 week is too long, and as I've said, would encourage multiscrolling. Because hey, if I can only have one egg per scroll, what if I have another scroll so that I can have two eggs in total?

dry.gif

Make use of the gifting threads. I've seen plenty of very kindhearted people gifting blusangs. biggrin.gif

Bring on the scornful replies, people.

How are oldtimers going to pick up more abandoned eggs? Statistically, you should have by now almost all breeds there in numbers. Actually, running it by pure probablity chances are you were one of the AP "flooders" as the few eggs you don't have any are new ones, thus being more valuable. It's pure logic, but apparently that doesn't make sense to you... Can't argue with math, pal.

In any case, I'm off this discussion and thread to avoid any personal attacks or discussions. But I'm not new in the internet nor a forum, don't expect me not to "bite back".

I might be able to get you a Rancid, Merlot. Although, no promises...

Happy with a misclicked Vine. If I misclick, I just keep it now- to help those still in need of a single Olive/Brimstone. I don't suppose my teeny effort is contributing to the fevered Brine chase though...

How are oldtimers going to pick up more abandoned eggs? Statistically, you should have by now almost all breeds there in numbers. Actually, running it by pure probablity chances are you were one of the AP "flooders" as the few eggs you don't have any are new ones, thus being more valuable. It's pure logic, but apparently that doesn't make sense to you... Can't argue with math, pal..

Why not? I can still pick them up, raise them as hatchlings, and then trade them or gift them to people who want them. Hatchlings are more valuable you know. Maybe I have an army of, say, waterhorses and wanted to contribute. Or maybe one of the eggs I picked up from the AP had a desirable lineage. There are many factors that go into picking up an egg. rolleyes.gif I actually was off DC for a bit, so I haven't flooded anything.