TJ09

2012-07-22 - Updates

The previously-announced updates have arrived. For those who missed the preview, here's a recap:

Action Log

user posted image

Now you can keep track of almost all of the activity on your scroll. Forgot what you influenced your egg? Wondering whether or not your egg was incubated? Just check the actions log to find out.

Trade UI Updates

user posted image

When viewing a transfer or trade, you'll be able to easily view the egg's or hatchling's lineage and access its info.

Quick-sorting and filtering

user posted image

Having hundreds of dragons and trying to find a purple available for fertility can be frustrating. Not anymore; just select the "Available for BSA" filter and only your BSA dragons that are off-cooldown will be shown.

Social media buttons (optional)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

For those of you that use Google Plus, Facebook, or Twitter, now you can share your dragons (or your entire scroll) with your friends in order to get views. Don't use social networks? No need to complain, the buttons can be hidden.

Breeding List Updates

user posted image

Rather than hiding rejected pairs from breeding lists (A feature introduced a little over a year ago), rejected pairs will drop to the bottom of the breeding list, preventing the mass confusion that occurs when you can't find the dragon you're looking for. In addition, pairs that breed but don't produce eggs will be counted as "successful" for sorting purposes, causing them to move higher on the breeding list.

Transfer confirmations.

user posted image

No longer will a claimed transfer appear as "There does not appear to be any trade with the provided claim ID." Instead, if the transfer previously existed, the site will tell you. If you visit the page of a transfer you've claimed, the site will display a more personalized message to let you know (and to prevent confusion if someone accidentally refreshes when claiming).

Mobile Redesign

user posted imageuser posted image

Users of Android, IOS, or Windows Phone 7 devices should enjoy a smoother experience with a redesigned interface that aims to provide a near-native experience. In the future, look for a Google Play "app" that will Android users with access to this same mobile site without going through your browser.

Summon Scaling

user posted image

Rather than relying purely on random chance, the likelihood of summoning a Legendary egg now increases with the number of complete sets of the Legendary Trio dragons that you have. If your style of play doesn't allow you to have multiple sets, don't worry; the base chance has been slightly increased as well.

Geode Tweaks

Geode Dragons can now be bred with other dragons to produce Geode eggs. This greatly opens up the possibilities for obtaining Geode eggs, as well as the options for cool lineages.

New Skins

user posted image

Four new skins will become available soon as well. The first is a variant of the Portal 2 skin called Portal 2 Light. This skin is my personal favorite, and the one I've been using for several months now.

user posted image

The second, Blackout, was first seen during the anti-SOPA Internet Blackout Day. The skin has been refined and is now ready for mass consumption (Unfortunately, it requires a relatively powerful computer for smooth performance).

user posted image

The third skin is a re-imagining of the "scroll" metaphor used in the current layout, but set in more modern times.

user posted image

And finally, Dino Cave! You saw this skin earlier this year, now it's official.

Important Notes

• The action log will only show actions that occur after its release.
  • Legendary trios will not show up in the "Available for BSA" filter. This is intentional and unlikely to change.
  • The social media buttons currently default to hidden. You can enable them in your account settings.

Awesome! Let’s see if I can finally succeed with summoning a Guardian of Nature now.

EDIT: NOPE, still as unlucky as always.

It's nice to know that there's a bigger chance of that not forever being the case though.

Edited by Linichan

Thanks!

*snuggles the filter options*

ETA: Loool at the modern skin being called "1960s". Not too modern, eh? xd.png

Edited by Varekis

Aaah, thanks TJ!! ;;

I am super, super excited about the summon chance revamp. I also can't wait to put on one of those skins!

Looking forward to playing with the new toys. c:

Thanks, TJ.

Awesome! biggrin.gif Can't wait to try them out. Thank you so much!

Edit: I see what you mean about Blackout needing a powerful machine. I get a little bit of lag with it but I'm willing to put up with it, because it's such an awesome skin.

Edited by alyelle

I love the new mode! Thanks biggrin.gif

I hope I can use it...to continue my campaign to taek ovar teh wurld wit teh rarez... jk >:3

Thanks for the updates! I like the skins but the 1960s skin makes my browser lag a bit sad.gif Other than that, this is a great improvement. smile.gif

Wooo! Love the new skins and the Summon Update. <33

Decided to go with the Blackout skin. :D

I've only got 170 odd dragons, so why do I have four pages on the /dragons mobile page, but only one on the /user mobile page? O.o I didn't mind using the regular site on my phone. I prefer it, actually, to the mobile skin, but it is nice to have everything fit for once.

I noticed that in sorting while using a different skin, it takes forever to move a dragon. I don't want to go back to the old version, but maybe while sorting, I will. Is there a reason why that happens?

And... first summon try after the updates (with ten complete sets of Trios) and guess what?

Your dragons attempt to summon a legendary egg, but they are not successful.

In other words, the same message I've been getting every time for nearly 2 1/2 years. /sulk

Though, very clever TJ. It shows which Trio breed I used to try to summon. I think I shall rotate them. Used a magma today. Next time I'll use a thunder, then an ice... I'm sure it will sort by date, so it won't line my failures up together all prettiful, but still.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I think I'll use the Dino Cave skin, at least for now. Thanks, TJ, the updates look fantastic!

These are some reallly awesome updates. 1 update I woulda liked to see is the one where your able to see more than the common eggs pop up; too many times I see the same eggs in the same area and/or no eggs in the Desert area.