hazeh

{OOC} Howl to Me III: Blood & Crystals

I read your announcement/update, Shiny. I just didn't say anything because I didn't/don't have any questions at the moment. |D

No, like, I'm in the middle of writing something, and if I switch to another tab to check on something and go back, the browser will refresh. Previewing doesn't save anything on my ipad.

I have started using the notepad app thing though.

Also, did any of you read my above post?

I did

Wait, I was supposed to...

Well, lavender and ninja.gif ?

Haha, thanks Mouse x)

Narvix, you might have read it before I edited in a little stipulation. |D

I kind of want Tene to be replaced with Spitfire and then when Spitfire goes to sleep Tene will attack her

I mean

It fits with Tene's egotistical personality and if someone damages her self-confidence she'll basically murder them in their sleep but not really just injure or cut them severely

Nope smile.gif I read the edit shortly after you had made it aha.

MyaMouse, Ulra will then have to either demote Tenebris to an Omega or exile her for a few days. Can't be having untrustworthy wolves in their pack. tongue.gif

Nope smile.gif I read the edit shortly after you had made it aha.

MyaMouse, Ulra will then have to either demote Tenebris to an Omega or exile her for a few days. Can't be having untrustworthy wolves in their pack. tongue.gif

I know

But I love unstable characters almost as I love brainsXbrawn couples

Besides

That gives her more reason to hate Ulra

And it's not like she doesn't already

Narvix, then I would appreciate it if you could respond as requested smile.gif

I kind of want Tene to be replaced with Spitfire and then when Spitfire goes to sleep Tene will attack her

I mean

It fits with Tene's egotistical personality and if someone damages her self-confidence she'll basically murder them in their sleep but not really just injure or cut them severely

Bring it on, lil' john. Spitfire won't go out without a fight, even if it's in the middle of the night. I'll be making a post hopefully tomorrow, once I've replied to this other RP.

Also Shiny, seems like you ninja'd both me and Narvix with that edit. So, my answers are orange and shades.png

Oops. Okay. I see what you mean now. I read the edit but failed to see the line between the new rule and the 'EDIT". |D

Anyways, I'm going with purple and either ^^ or |D.

EDIT: MyaMouse, I hope you'll understand the future need for Ulra to restrain Tenebris appropriately when this goes down. It'd be a bit of power-play but, unfortunately(?), there'd be no getting around that.

Edited by Narvix

Oops. Okay. I see what you mean now. I read the edit but failed to see the line between the new rule and the 'EDIT". |D

Anyways, I'm going with purple and either ^^ or |D.

EDIT: MyaMouse, I hope you'll understand the future need for Ulra to restrain Tenebris appropriately when this goes down. It'd be a bit of power-play but, unfortunately(?), there'd be no getting around that.

I knoooow

And I'd rather her exiled than demoted because you know she won't be very sane at this point and will probably try to kill Spitfire again or maybe Ulra if she's demoted

Do I need to sign a contract or something giving Narv permission to exile Tene

Edited by MyaMouse

Don't worry guys, for those who might be stuck or at loss for what to do, I'll have something for you guys shortly.

eve huehuehuehue

I kinda want to have one of my characters romantically involved.

I've hardly ever done that, and coming from a background of writing creepypastas in first person to RPing PG-13 things in third person, I feel like it'd be fascinating, to say the least.

Also, what will happen during the eve ...ning?

Edited by Brotato

-snip-

Green and blink.gif ?

Anyway yeah - good call with not changing character statuses all the time, it would be very time consuming.

I also haven't written Skitt in yet. Any Cursed wolves want to start something with him?

Romances are fun! I plan on having Pierce in a romance at some point, hopefully. Maybe even Cobalt. He'd be a....strange mate, to say the least x)

Thanks Earwig! As for Skitt, Cobalt did just go around looking for hunters/warriors/whatnot since Ulra's making him go on a hunt. Maybe she can either demand Skitt to join as well, or Skitt can somehow get involved? I dunno.

Well you're welcome to RP that out if you want. n_n

I always thought it would be exciting to have some Shakespearean romance going on between the packs LOL. I'm kind of surprised that never came up in the previous iterations of HtM.

Romances are fun! I plan on having Pierce in a romance at some point, hopefully. Maybe even Cobalt. He'd be a....strange mate, to say the least x)

Man, I can see Ulra getting used to Cobalt's type of humor/behaviorism, enough to not be so annoyed by him. They tolerate him now but it'll eventually progress into a better sense of kinship? I don't know how to phrase it. Maybe not best-buddy terms but, certainly, along the lines of "okay, you make me smile so that's good enough."

Man, I can see Ulra getting used to Cobalt's type of humor/behaviorism, enough to not be so annoyed by him. They tolerate him now but it'll eventually progress into a better sense of kinship? I don't know how to phrase it. Maybe not best-buddy terms but, certainly, along the lines of "okay, you make me smile so that's good enough."

Hahaha, that works for me. Cobalt is a weirdo. He's for some reason devoted to Ulra, but kind of a wild card when it comes to anyone else haha. They'll probaby be the only wolf (except for maybe his sister...maybe) that he doesn't suddenly turn on out of nowhere.

*throws Pierce out there* Get to romancing, you! tongue.gif

Oh that event! I'm very excited about this! :3

I've a question about the buried wolf. Is it available to be anyone from the Cursed pack? Or is it an NPC?

Me too! The first of many biggrin.gif

It is available to anyone, but I meant it in a way that the wolf is dead. o: Though, I suppose, if someone really wanted their character buried but alive, i wouldn't mind that.

Ah okay! Well, I'll wait to see if anyone wants their Cursed wolf to be buried before having Ulra announce the loss. I'm going to wait for Mage to post before I do so there's time to sort that out. :3

I'm interested in joining this RP, and I'm in the middle of making a character sheet. While I'm finishing that up, would someone mind looking over the ability part of the sheet and check to see if the power I've given my character isn't overpowered or doesn't otherwise need any tweaking? (The character's name is Corax, btw.)

Also, a question about loner wolves - are they restricted to the side of the valley that they were born on, or are they allowed to cross over a bit if they're not trying to switch packs?

Power: Heat manipulation

Abilities:

Ability 1 - Heat Siphon: Corax has the ability to drain the heat out of the things in her nearby environment - not just living organisms, but anything: inanimate objects, water, a burning fire or arc of lightning, and even the air around her, lowering the temperature of whatever she drains as a result. It does not matter if the heat source is natural or magical in nature; as long as there is heat, Corax can absorb it, though magical sources tend to not lose heat in the same manner as natural ones do (though draining heat from a magical source may mean that the wolf producing it needs to expend more effort than they usually do). The heat she takes from her surroundings is then stored inside of her body, which may grow quite hot as a result, to the point where it may become painful for another wolf to come in contact with her. Because she can store heat, Corax is capable of tolerating much higher temperatures than an ordinary wolf, although she does have her limits.

Ability 2 - Heatstroke: Basically the inverse of her first ability, Heatstroke allows Corax to transfer the heat she’s absorbed from the environment and stored inside her body to anything in the vicinity, causing them to grow hot. However, Corax can only use the heat she’s already absorbed into her own body with this ability - if she runs out, or if she doesn’t have a store built up in the first place, this ability is unusable. Corax can’t really use her own natural body heat for this ability either, as it won’t work whenever her body temperature is more than a few degrees lower than average for a wolf, as a safeguard against hypothermia. Corax also uses this ability to prevent herself from losing excess body heat and effectively slow down her metabolism, although this does not mean she doesn’t need to eat regularly, just not as much as she would if she wasn’t doing this.

Both Heat Siphon and Heatstroke have two different modes of operation - one where heat is absorbed/exuded from/into pretty much everything around Corax at one time, but at a low intensity - she is unlikely to be able to alter the temperature of any one thing by more than a few degrees at most, and also only at very close range. (This “mode” is almost never used with Heatstroke, but very often with Heat Siphon, as this is almost effortless for Corax and a good way to build up a heat reserve in case she needs it for anything.) However, if Corax focuses her attention onto one object, whether living or nonliving, she can change the the temperature of what she’s focused on by as much as 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Although she can only use this mode on one thing at a time, it has a much longer range than the first.

Ability 3 - Heat Vision: Corax is able to sense heat around her in a radius of about 150 meters. She can also sense differences in temperature, which basically allows her to use this ability as another form of sight. She can only see shapes and heat, however, and if an object’s internal temperature is the same as the ambient temperature, she cannot see it with this ability, making it somewhat unreliable if it’s too hot out.

Limitations and Drawbacks: The speed at which Corax can alter something’s temperature varies greatly with its mass. Something small like a mouse or pebble can be completely filled or emptied in only a minute, but a large object like another wolf would take about twenty minutes for its temperature to be changed to the point where survival would be impossible for it, if it wasn’t already over- or underheated to start out with. The hotter or cooler something already is, the less time Corax needs to bring its temperature up or down.

Corax cannot use Heat Siphon and Heatstroke at the same time, as they are basically different sides of the same ability.

It would be difficult for Corax to alter a subject’s temperature in the middle of a battle or while pursuing prey, since she needs to concentrate to change things by more than a few degrees, and that would be difficult while she needs to pay close attention to what is going on around her. In addition, if another wolf wanted to stop her from using one of her abilities, all he would need to do is break her concentration, although the changes Corax would have made in her subject’s body temperature until his success would remain until the target changed it by other means.

Fix'd it

Doesnt

Give

A censorkip.gif!

*resists saying I Told You So*

Um

It stretches page on my phone

So linked for size?

Edited by MyaMouse