hazeh

{OOC} Howl to Me III: Blood & Crystals

Hahaha, that works for me. Cobalt is a weirdo. He's for some reason devoted to Ulra, but kind of a wild card when it comes to anyone else haha. They'll probaby be the only wolf (except for maybe his sister...maybe) that he doesn't suddenly turn on out of nowhere.

*throws Pierce out there* Get to romancing, you! tongue.gif

I call Pierce, then. :3

With Symaro, in particular.

And so the plotting intensifies.

(In all honesty, I don't see him falling for anyone else anyway. He's not fond of any of the deltas after the censorkip.gif they gave him for being a weirdo healer xd.png )

Edited by Brotato

Hehehe, well anyone vying for Pierce's affections will have to earn them x) Anyone, male or female, has an equal chance.

Edit: Avialae, I think that sounds just fine.

Also Mouse, that link doesn't work.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Hehehe, well anyone vying for Pierce's affections will have to earn them x) Anyone, male or female, has an equal chance.

Edit: Avialae, I think that sounds just fine.

Also Mouse, that link doesn't work.

But ofcourse.

That is why the plotting intensifies.

Haze, question?

Was it okay to have the deltas'den collapse?

Edited by Brotato

Yep, that's fine with me. As long as whatever happens falls in line with what I've already stipulated, I don't mind if you run a little with it.

Next time, I hope you leave that kind of conversation for me, Mouse. I don't think that message made him feel particularly welcome back here, even if he wanted to come back or not. It's unfortunate to see him leave though.

OK, here's the entire character sheet.

Also, my question on whether loner wolves are restricted to the side of the valley they were born on was never answered. I'd kind of like to know that since I'm making a loner character.

Username: Avialae

Name: Corax

Power: Heat manipulation

Abilities:

Ability 1 - Heat Siphon: Corax has the ability to drain the heat out of the things in her nearby environment - not just living organisms, but anything: inanimate objects, water, a burning fire or arc of lightning, and even the air around her, lowering the temperature of whatever she drains as a result. It does not matter if the heat source is natural or magical in nature; as long as there is heat, Corax can absorb it, though magical sources tend to not lose heat in the same manner as natural ones do (though draining heat from a magical source may mean that the wolf producing it needs to expend more effort than they usually do). The heat she takes from her surroundings is then stored inside of her body, which may grow quite hot as a result, to the point where it may become painful for another wolf to come in contact with her. Because she can store heat, Corax is capable of tolerating much higher temperatures than an ordinary wolf, although she does have her limits.

Ability 2 - Heatstroke: Basically the inverse of her first ability, Heatstroke allows Corax to transfer the heat she’s absorbed from the environment and stored inside her body to anything in the vicinity, causing them to grow hot. However, Corax can only use the heat she’s already absorbed into her own body with this ability - if she runs out, or if she doesn’t have a store built up in the first place, this ability is unusable. Corax can’t really use her own natural body heat for this ability either, as it won’t work whenever her body temperature is more than a few degrees lower than average for a wolf, as a safeguard against hypothermia. Corax also uses this ability to prevent herself from losing excess body heat and effectively slow down her metabolism, although this does not mean she doesn’t need to eat regularly, just not as much as she would if she wasn’t doing this.

Both Heat Siphon and Heatstroke have two different modes of operation - one where heat is absorbed/exuded from/into pretty much everything around Corax at one time, but at a low intensity - she is unlikely to be able to alter the temperature of any one thing by more than a few degrees at most, and also only at very close range. (This “mode” is almost never used with Heatstroke, but very often with Heat Siphon, as this is almost effortless for Corax and a good way to build up a heat reserve in case she needs it for anything.) However, if Corax focuses her attention onto one object, whether living or nonliving, she can change the the temperature of what she’s focused on by as much as 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Although she can only use this mode on one thing at a time, it has a much longer range than the first.

Ability 3 - Heat Vision: Corax is able to sense heat around her in a radius of about 150 meters. She can also sense differences in temperature, which basically allows her to use this ability as another form of sight. She can only see shapes and heat, however, and if an object’s internal temperature is the same as the ambient temperature, she cannot see it with this ability, making it somewhat unreliable if it’s too hot out.

Limitations and Drawbacks: The speed at which Corax can alter something’s temperature varies greatly with its mass. Something small like a mouse or pebble can be completely filled or emptied in only a minute, but a large object like another wolf would take about twenty minutes for its temperature to be changed to the point where survival would be impossible for it, if it wasn’t already over- or underheated to start out with. The hotter or cooler something already is, the less time Corax needs to bring its temperature up or down.

Corax cannot use Heat Siphon and Heatstroke at the same time, as they are basically different sides of the same ability.

It would be difficult for Corax to alter a subject’s temperature in the middle of a battle or while pursuing prey, since she needs to concentrate to change things by more than a few degrees, and that would be difficult while she needs to pay close attention to what is going on around her. In addition, if another wolf wanted to stop her from using one of her abilities, all he would need to do is break her concentration, although the changes Corax would have made in her subject’s body temperature until his success would remain until the target changed it by other means.

Appearance: Corax has a slender build, with long, slightly gangly legs that put her on the tall side for a female wolf. Her body is long and thin, but in a way that suggests it is due to genetic predisposition rather than lack of food. She has a long, narrow muzzle with sharp teeth that are just a tiny bit longer than usual for a wolf her size, and long ears that are wide at the base. She has a black coat that turns to dark gray in places, with fur that is coarse, rough, and slightly unkempt.

Personality:Corax may have a quiet exterior, but there is a lot going on inside of her. She is very curious, always wanting to investigate anything new that she sees, and her mind is always working. When she does speak to others, it is often to provide new insight on some issue, though she often has to be pushed for clarification. She tries to look at everything from an unbiased viewpoint, and uses logic to make sense of the world around her. Corax tends to be harsh in her dealings with others, which perhaps contributes to her problems dealing with them, but she does not mean any harm; it is her belief that the truth is just that, and others should not be offended by someone stating it. As a corollary to this belief, she tends not to be annoyed by the harsh words of others, unless they are untrue or are delivered in an obviously insulting manner.

Corax does not care in the least for the power struggles surrounding the Life Crystal; whatever power it may have does not enter into her life at all, at least as far as she is aware, and she is content to leave it alone. She views the Hallowed wolves’ insistence on protecting it as nonsensical at best, as she believes that whatever desire her birth pack once had to take control of it disappeared long ago into the struggle to keep themselves alive in the unforgiving Southern lands. Perhaps because of this, Corax bears no grudge against the Hallowed pack like many of her kin do, though this does not mean she likes or trusts them at all. When she was still a member of the Cursed pack, she had no desire to advance in rank, believing the responsibilities and duties acquired along with the privileges to be more trouble than they were worth. Corax was aware that the entire pack working together was for everyone’s mutual benefit, but still had little trouble striking out on her own as she had no close friends in the pack and did not even really care for most of the Cursed wolves. For now, she desires little more than to live a carefree life, and to not make enemies of either the Hallowed or the Cursed packs.

History: Corax was born as part of a litter of three to a Gamma wolf couple in the Cursed pack. Even before their eyes opened, her two siblings and any other pups in the nursery seemed to avoid her, leaving her by herself as they huddled together even though she was noticeably warmer to the touch than the other pups, probably to avoid her unintentionally siphoning off their body heat. Perhaps as a result of that, once Corax and her siblings were a little older and allowed to go outside for short periods, the dark-furred pup had a noticeably harder time getting along with the other wolves than her siblings, often wandering off to explore by herself for long periods.

As she grew and began to take a more active role in the pack, Corax was gradually able to become more proficient at working in a group, but still seemed fade into the background most of the time and keep whatever thoughts she had to herself, even once it became apparent that she had a talent for hunting the small creatures of the Southern lands due to her abilities. Once she became old enough, Corax was made a Gamma hunter and seemed to take her job fairly seriously, right up until the day about nine months ago where she abruptly announced her decision to leave the Cursed wolves. This came as a surprise to most of the pack as they’d had no idea Corax was thinking about anything like that, even though after the fact it was clear that she’d been planning to leave for some time, even choosing to do so in a time of year when prey was abundant, or at least what passed for it in Cursed territory.

Ever since then, Corax has been living as a loner, and actually has been doing fairly well for herself. She’s been able to catch enough food for herself, has managed to avoid being seriously injured, and doesn’t need to worry about succumbing to loneliness since she is actually more relaxed on her own. The occasional short bit of conversation made with a wolf in passing is really all the interaction she needs.

Mate Preference: Male, but she’s not really interested in finding a partner.

Alliance: Loner

Position:

Edited by Avialae

Whoops, I must have missed that.

No they are not restricted (by me, per se) to remain on whatever side they were born on. Loners for the most part would try to avoid being directly on either side and keep mostly to the outer edges of the packs' territories, such as up along the Western and Eastern mountain ranges. Whether or not they want to invade the lands and chance getting caught is up to them. (*coughTorquecough*)

I will emphasize though that loners do eventually have to pick a side, since the main point of the roleplay is the warring packs. Doesn't have to be any time soon though.

She looks great; accepted.

Invade? He was visiting. :3

But yeah, he was a creep. xd.png

If you need someone to interact with, feel free to approach Torque, Avialae. ^^

I'm going to have to put Pluto on hold. Unsure as to where I want to have him placed at the moment.

Hmmm I wonder if Aegis could call forth a barrier above him and use it as a make shift stretcher ohmy.gif

Btw, can I have Baron talk in my next post?

Edited by TotallyDrow

Thanks, and also thanks for the information about where loners would generally have their territories.

And yeah, I do know that loners will have to pick a side eventually - even though she wants to remain neutral, Corax will pick a side once it becomes clear that it's no longer safe for her to remain on her own. She's going to want to stay uninvolved for as long as she can, though.

I was actually going to ask you if it was okay to interact with Torque, Brotato! Do you mind if they meet in the meadow rather than the forest, maybe on the edge?

Thanks, and also thanks for the information about where loners would generally have their territories.

And yeah, I do know that loners will have to pick a side eventually - even though she wants to remain neutral, Corax will pick a side once it becomes clear that it's no longer safe for her to remain on her own. She's going to want to stay uninvolved for as long as she can, though.

I was actually going to ask you if it was okay to interact with Torque, Brotato! Do you mind if they meet in the meadow rather than the forest, maybe on the edge?

I don't mind. laugh.gif

TotallyDrow, that's fine with me!

Shiny, I'm not ignoring Cobalt. Mage is working on her post now and so I want to wait with Ulra until she does.

EDIT: Mage told me to go ahead and post Ulra but, I'm currently about to start class so a post for them will come in a couple hours.

Edited by Narvix

Welp. Completely Ninja-ed. ninja.gifmad.gif

and now unsure how to even do a Fenrir post. dry.gif

Edit: Probably wont get a post in soon. I will have to completely redo the post I had done and figure out how to do a Fenrir post where everything thats happened after the earthquake fits 'time wise'

Fenrir is in limbo.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Next time, I hope you leave that kind of conversation for me, Mouse. I don't think that message made him feel particularly welcome back here, even if he wanted to come back or not. It's unfortunate to see him leave though.

*sorry, but you weren't doing anything and he had already told me in Chatzy he didn't like literate RPs before*

Very sorry

It's fine, but I was doing something about it. Just ask me first next time.

Ugh, verrryyyy busy week and weekend for me, I apologize for the long wait...Pulled my Achilles tendon, but I still have a big tournament coming up that I must play in. (Coach even refused to pull me out of the game today, despite my pain) Also loaded with homework, but Tobias shall eventually re-appear.

Ugh, verrryyyy busy week and weekend for me, I apologize for the long wait...Pulled my Achilles tendon, but I still have a big tournament coming up that I must play in. (Coach even refused to pull me out of the game today, despite my pain) Also loaded with homework, but Tobias shall eventually re-appear.

Well, they're not very nice... What if you hurt yourself even more?

Edited by MyaMouse

Welp. Completely Ninja-ed. ninja.gifmad.gif

and now unsure how to even do a Fenrir post. dry.gif

Edit: Probably wont get a post in soon. I will have to completely redo the post I had done and figure out how to do a Fenrir post where everything thats happened after the earthquake fits 'time wise'

Fenrir is in limbo.

Can I help someohow?

Sorry for not posting. I'm planning to do a post this week but it's been kinda stressful so I'm not sure I'll be able to. At best, I can promise a post on the weekend latest if it's not done earlier. I'll be sure to get a post in when I can. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.