hazeh

{OOC} Howl to Me III: Blood & Crystals

Okay, Ylva's posted for. I left names out for the Deltas since I didn't know what Doc wanted to do for Hawke.

Gale would have been thought of too but Mya threw her Delta at Symaro tongue.gif

Ylva's quite the character. xd.png I like er... them? I doubt I'll ever be used to that.

Posting for Torque, sorry for the hold-up. Was busy today.

That's okay, Brotato. Aha. I sometimes have to catch myself too since my non-binary characters are a small fraction compared to my males/females. If you slip up, I'm not gonna bite off your head. tongue.gif So long as you remember that Ylva is non-binary at the end of the day.

EDIT: If it's coming off like Ylva has too much of a superiority complex and it's misplaced/not wanted, let me know and I'll see what I can do to tone that down.

Edited by Narvix

That's okay, Brotato. Aha. I sometimes have to catch myself too since my non-binary characters are a small fraction compared to my males/females. If you slip up, I'm not gonna bite off your head. tongue.gif So long as you remember that Ylva is non-binary at the end of the day.

EDIT: If it's coming off like Ylva has too much of a superiority complex and it's misplaced/not wanted, let me know and I'll see what I can do to tone that down.

TONE IT UP! That's what I like about Ylva! The sass! xd.png

So....yeah. I've been stalking for a bit. A literate rp might help me up my skills a bit. So, I am here also because if Alex and Amara are both here, I need to be here

I see one of the Beta spots is in red, so I have come to ask if it is taken or avalible. I will make a sheet when I am not tired as heck xd.png

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

I honestly have no idea where Gould should be, and at this point, I'm too afraid to make a pragmatic assertion. unsure.gif

Hello! I messaged Shiny a while before making this post about whether or not I post my character sheet here, or message her instead, but this RP has me so excited!

Here is my, currently unapproved, character sheet.

Username: LegendOfKorraFan

Name: Cave Canem

Power: Elemental Mimicry

Abilities:

Sandman --Cave can change the physical composition of his body to that of sand. While active, Cave’s body has all the properties of sand, such as texture, flexibility, and durability, while still maintaining his regular physical appearance. Physical attacks that may otherwise cause severe injury pass right through him.

Iron Will--Cave can change his body into Iron, a malleable metal. Every part of his being becomes Iron while this ability is under affect. He is also capable of forcing spikes of metal from any part of his body from the existing metal.

Drawbacks --While his alternate forms give him incredible strength (among other properties), each element that his body mimics has their own weaknesses.

While “Sandman” is active, he is incredibly weak against any form of water, be it from an attack, or from rain falling from the sky. Strong gusts of wind also have the chance to slowly erode his skin away. Although he is able to recuperate fairly easily, it is a somewhat lengthy process, and requires a high amount of sand to be present.

While “Iron Will” is active, Cave’s mass increases exponentially, making evading attacks, and general movement difficult. When Cave produces a spike or other object, his body begins to thin until the protrusion is reabsorbed.

Cave’s perception is also lowered, dulling his senses, and forcing him to make decisions slowly and carefully.

Transitioning to and from Elemental Bodies is strenuous, and takes longer the more he does it in quick succession.

Appearance: Cave

Personality: Seeing things to completion borders on an ethical obligation for Cave. Tasks aren't simply abandoned because they've become difficult or boring. Cave takes them up when they are the right thing to do, and they will be finished so long as they remain the right thing to do. A strong will makes his dedication possible, and Cave wouldn’t give up his beliefs because of simple opposition. He defends his ideas and principles relentlessly, and must be proven clearly and conclusively wrong for his stance to budge. Expressing emotions and feeling empathy is his major weakness. Cave gets so caught up in the facts and most effective methods that he forgets to think of what makes others happy, or of their sensitivity. A detour can be breathtakingly beautiful, a joy for the pack, but he may only see the consequence of arriving at their destination, hurting his pack by rejecting the notion too harshly.

History: Cave’s life started off normal, like any other wolf born in Araelia. But when the Hollowed Pack claimed the life of both his parents, he vowed he would exact vengeance on the pack, and has held a grudge ever since. As he grew up, he realized the only way he could achieve his goal would be to become the Cursed’s Alpha. After several failed attempts however, Cave decided that he would try to control the group in a different sense- through food. Due to the Cursed’s desolate territory, finding food was a constant struggle, but Cave however, had a natural knack for it. Thus, he became adopted the title “The Hunter”. He has provided for his pack ever since, with his true goal always in mind.

Mate Preference: Any/All

Alliance: Cursed

Position: Gamma Hunter

Thank you for giving this a read, and any/all criticism is welcome and encouraged in regards to all aspects of this character.

Hello Legend! (Do you have a nickname or do you go by Legend?) Since you've posted here, I'll respond here instead of through PM.

Cave looks good. I'm going to accept his abilities for now, but since they have the potential to get overpowered, I'll be keeping an eye on him and I'll let you know if anything needs to get toned down at all.

He's accepted. n_n Go ahead and post when you'd like. I'll migrate his profile when I have a chance.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to reply to Esko.

I'm actually going to keep the Cursed Beta position closed for now, as I think for RP purposes it'll need to be filled in character. You're free to make a Gamma hoping to make the position, however.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Korra's what most people call me, but whatever you prefer happy.gif

I was afraid he might seem overpowered Q.Q

I was hoping that only giving him two abilities would compensate, but I suppose I was wrong. I promise to be mindful of how his abilities are used throughout the RP.

Thank you again for accepting me!

I can call you Korra, no problem! n_n

And yes, it's good you limited it to 2. That's the main reason I accepted him as-is. Just be careful, that's all I can really ask. c: You're welcome!

Also, just so everyone knows, I added in my third character to the roster as well. That way it's not a surprise when I post as her, hahaha.

Edit: And Brotato, if Symaro is going to be touching Pierce, he will be getting shocked-- at least a little, anyway. Like a static shock. You might want to make note of that since that's an ability of hers that cannot be turned off.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

I can call you Korra, no problem! n_n

And yes, it's good you limited it to 2. That's the main reason I accepted him as-is. Just be careful, that's all I can really ask. c: You're welcome!

Also, just so everyone knows, I added in my third character to the roster as well. That way it's not a surprise when I post as her, hahaha.

Edit: And Brotato, if Symaro is going to be touching Pierce, he will be getting shocked-- at least a little, anyway. Like a static shock. You might want to make note of that since that's an ability of hers that cannot be turned off.

Thank you for the clarification.

I will edit accordingly.

Oh, and as per your other post above, I don't care if people take control of NPCs that I establish if they're side characters. (I may be introducing NPCs in the future that have a signficant role and therefore cannot be played by anyone else, but ones like extra wolves in the pack can really be taken up by anyone). I had Gould trapped in a opened trench, in case you were wondering.

Roger that. Edited in about the electricity, hope it's satisfying.

What of Gourd's injuries? How f censorkip.gif ed up do you want him?

Hahaha. I was thinking like, sprained ankle and bruised rib. Nothing too serious, but have fun if you want.

So, I understand that there has been an earthquake? Any idea on how I can jump in here? I'm a little rusty, so I need a bit of help to get me going.

Thanks~

Hahaha. I was thinking like, sprained ankle and bruised rib. Nothing too serious, but have fun if you want.

Sprained ankle and bruised rib it is!

Looking forward to a post from you. laugh.gif

So, I understand that there has been an earthquake? Any idea on how I can jump in here? I'm a little rusty, so I need a bit of help to get me going.

Thanks~

Simply have your character awaken as a result of all the chaos and go interact with someone, I suppose. tongue.gif

Edited by Brotato

Thanks~

If you follow Brotato's "wake up" idea, Ulra made a point to make sure dens were evacuated. You can always read my most recent post for Ulra for a better idea. smile.gif

Korra, I have a suggestion about your wolf's second ability. You said that he can turn himself into iron, but since iron is generally immobile, how about making it heated iron to explain why he retains motion? It can be explained as him retaining his natural body heat from his biological form.

Of course, you don't have to use this if you don't want, given that this is an RP about magical wolves and doesn't have to be completely realistic. I just thought I'd put it out there.

Korra, I have a suggestion about your wolf's second ability. You said that he can turn himself into iron, but since iron is generally immobile, how about making it heated iron to explain why he retains motion? It can be explained as him retaining his natural body heat from his biological form.

Of course, you don't have to use this if you don't want, given that this is an RP about magical wolves and doesn't have to be completely realistic. I just thought I'd put it out there.

That's a great idea, but it would probably make it a little OP, since molten iron is pretty intimidating and hazardous to melee attackers.

Well, I wasn't thinking it would be hot enough to be molten, just enough to let him move around.

Korra x3 Should I assume Cave snuck in as the wolf that Ulra witness get buried in the landslide?

I'm going to say no to the hot iron or molten iron. One of his drawbacks is that the iron part of his power limits his movement, and I want to keep that for the purposes of balancing his power.