hazeh

{OOC} Howl to Me III: Blood & Crystals

Oooooh, how interesting. He's accepted, but like with Ylva any visions or knowledge from the past have to be OK'd by me first (which I'm sure you know already).

Also, he and Cobalt have the same picture xd.png

I was surprised to see that he's herbivorous, despite wolves being obligate carnivores. But I guess since we're playing magical wolves... tongue.gif

I'll have a post up tonight or tomorrow, interacting with Tene.

Oooooh, how interesting. He's accepted, but like with Ylva any visions or knowledge from the past have to be OK'd by me first (which I'm sure you know already).

Also, he and Cobalt have the same picture xd.png

Okidoki. laugh.gif

Maybe they're twins. Huehuehauehauehaue.

I'll edit the picture if you want.

Edited by Brotato

I was also a little thrown by the diet, but I'll let it slide x)

I don't care if they look a like. Plenty of wolves do. c:

ive been tampering with my earlier body manipulation idea o3o.

I 'can' post, but wont have much use progressing the plot. Kinda waiting to see how Mia has Tobias react to the earthquake x.x

Shiny, mind if I put him in the room with the life Crystal as a spirit for when Pierce gets there?

I have it thought out, but I just dunno what you have planned.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel the Life Crystal would be well-guarded enough to prevent any old wolf from sauntering in, ghost or not. And he theoretically can swap places with his physical body, right? If a Cursed had his ability to go anywhere, then it would be game over for the Hallowed.

Actually, I would prefer not. Maybe close by, but I have something planned that I don't want necessarily revealed before I get Pierce's post in. Sorry :c

Also, I'm going to be lifting the character restriction from 3 to 5. I'll be submitting another character soon as well.

That actually brings up a question I've had at the back of my mind. How much does the Hallowed Pack know about the Life Crystal and where it currently is? I know that the Cursed don't know of its location. However, how much do they know of the Life Crystal as well?

Essentially, what's the running knowledge of each pack presently?

Roger that. Welp, I'll think of something else. I've kinda lost track a bit on what's going on currently.

can't wait for your next event though. biggrin.gif

That actually brings up a question I've had at the back of my mind. How much does the Hallowed Pack know about the Life Crystal and where it currently is? I know that the Cursed don't know of its location. However, how much do they know of the Life Crystal as well?

Essentially, what's the running knowledge of each pack presently?

Basically this:

Both packs know that the Life Crystal was the original source of their powers. It feeds and controls the life fore behind everything in their world, and once granted its protectors with magical abilities to help keep it safe. Think of it as a physical amalgamation of life energy, spiritual energy, magic, etc. In basic terms, it's almost like a God to these wolves.

Once the Cursed split from the pack, the Life Crystal essentially "punished" them by causing their land to be barren and nearly inhospitable. (Hence, the bizarre, perfectly circular shape of the Cursed territory).

As of currently, only the Hallowed know where the opening to the Crystal's cave is, but only the Alpha and those he/she chooses can enter the actual cavern (by tradition, not necessarily by force from the Crystal). However, because of the events that transpired with the original Cursed, it is seen as tabboo to enter the cave unless there is a dire need.

The Cursed currently should not know where the entrance to the Cave is, but they do know about the Crystal and what it is capable of (creating life, giving powers, and in the instance of its punishment to the Cursed-- taking life, as well).

Once I introduce the "Chaos" Crystal to the Cursed, I'll provide more information...but not just yet. c:

So the Life Crystal is still punishing the Cursed pack even long after everyone who tried to steal it is dead? I have to wonder what its thought process is like . . .

Just a note to Brotato about your new character - you say he will not hurt any living thing, but you do know that plants are alive . . . you might want to adjust his profile slightly.

I do think dogs and wolves are theoretically capable of living on a vegetarian diet, at least.

Here's the ability portion of my new sheet, since that's pretty much finished. I want to make sure that my new character's not overpowered. His power is light manipulation.

Blinded by the Light - Uriel can increase the reflective properties of the light around him in a radius of about twenty feet so that surrounding surfaces and even the sky will suddenly start to appear as bright as the sun, temporarily blinding any wolves in the vicinity. However, this ability does not work at night or on objects that are a very dark color (black, dark brown or purple, etc.) as they naturally reflect very little light. Uriel is also at risk of being blinded as well by this ability if he for any reason opens his eyes while he is using it.

Dynamite with a Laserbeam - Focusing his energy together, Uriel releases a wide beam of white-hot light out of his fur that badly burns - at best - pretty much anything it comes into contact with. He can only make one at a time, although it is possible for him to make one right after another. Although he can control their initial trajectory, Uriel cannot control these beams of light after he releases them, and he is as susceptible to them as anything else if he somehow gets in their path once they are flying free. If Uriel has to generate more than five beams of light in the span of a half hour, he will become physically tired, and it will become very difficult for him to make another for the span about an hour, and it will take about two or three hours after that for the ability to become fully recharged.

Edited by Avialae

I'm still around! >.< I'm really sorry for not posting lately, it's been a mix of being very busy with uni work and not knowing what to write. I'll try to make a post for both Skitt and Detras today to help move things along.

Considering the Cursed are still enemies of its protectors, the Life Crystal regards them (though its not so much sentient thought? Idk how exactly to put it) as threats and enemies to itself. It's a method of protecting itself.

His powers look fine to me smile.gif

Also, we're starting to have an abundance of male wolves, just fyi. I might start restricting new wolves to female or non binary to even it out a bit.

I'll be making a female Cursed wolf at some point, I think. Still haven't decided on a power yet, though.

Considering the Cursed are still enemies of its protectors, the Life Crystal regards them (though its not so much sentient thought? Idk how exactly to put it) as threats and enemies to itself. It's a method of protecting itself.

His powers look fine to me smile.gif

Also, we're starting to have an abundance of male wolves, just fyi. I might start restricting new wolves to female or non binary to even it out a bit.

And yet, all my characters are female.

I noticed that as well, but unfortunately the character I have in mind doesn't really work as a female. I can promise to not make any more male characters after this one, though.

The gender imbalance seems to be worse on the Hallowed side, with 2 female (not counting Lya, since she's still a pup) to 6 male and one nonbinary than on the Cursed, who have four female, four male and one nonbinary (not counting Venemus, since he's deceased). Maybe only restrict males for the Hallowed pack right now?

EDIT: Finished my character sheet, so just going to put it here:

Username: Avialae

Name: Uriel

Power: Light

Abilities:

Blinded by the Light - Uriel can increase the reflective properties of the light around him in a radius of about twenty feet so that surrounding surfaces and even the sky will suddenly start to appear as bright as the sun, temporarily blinding any wolves in the vicinity. However, this ability does not work at night or on objects that are a very dark color (black, dark brown or purple, etc.) as they naturally reflect very little light. Uriel is also at risk of being blinded as well by this ability if he for any reason opens his eyes while he is using it.

Dynamite with a Laserbeam - Focusing his energy together, Uriel releases a wide beam of white-hot light out his fur that badly burns - at best - pretty much anything it comes into contact with. He can only make one at a time, although it is possible for him to make one right after another. Although he can control their initial trajectory, Uriel cannot control these beams of light after he releases them, and he is as susceptible to them as anything else if he somehow gets in their path once they are flying free. If Uriel has to generate more than five beams of light in the span of a half hour, he will become physically tired, and it will become very difficult for him to make another for the span about an hour, and it will take about two or three hours after that for the ability to become fully recharged.

Appearance: Uriel is a large wolf, with muscular legs and a broad chest. The long hours he has spent training to fight the Cursed pack have given him a fighter’s instincts, and this is apparent in the fluid grace that flows through his body every time he moves. His entire coat is pure white, and glows softly in the dark, although he can stop it from doing that if he concentrates. He habitually sharpens his front claws on pieces of wood to keep them from getting dull. His eyes are an icy light blue, but have a coldness to them that have nothing to do with their color.

Personality: Uriel is stern and serious, without much in the way of a sense of humor. He takes his job seriously, and isn’t much for relaxing or joking around with other wolves. While he respects those above him in rank or those he sees has is equal, he tends to be harsh and unforgiving towards younger wolves and those he perceives as beneath him, giving out harsh punishments for minor infractions. While not exactly arrogant in manner, Uriel definitely has a self-important attitude. He tends to filter every bit of information he comes across in terms of how something will benefit him or make him look better in the eyes of others, only taking consideration of others into account as an afterthought. Although Uriel wants to be viewed favorably in the eyes of others, it’s nearly impossible for him to truly view things from another’s viewpoint, so when he’s around others he tends to try to do things that would stereotypically be considered “good,” without taking the individual situation into account. Uriel believes that the Hallowed pack is inherently superior to the Cursed pack, using the facts that they have been entrusted with the task of guarding the Life Crystal and that the Cursed tried to steal its power to justify this belief, and would happily slaughter the entire Cursed pack down to the smallest pup if he had the opportunity, believing it is only what they deserve. He tolerates wolves that have been accepted into the Hallowed pack after leaving the Cursed, but only because the decision to let them in is up to the alpha of the pack. Uriel is very ambitious, having his eye out for a chance to gain a Beta spot and hopefully even become Alpha someday, although fortunately he respects Pierce too much to try to challenge her for the spot.

History: The son of a Gamma father and a Delta mother, Uriel originally had a brother as well, but he died several days after their birth, though not even the healer Deltas were completely sure why. Uriel’s parents reacted to the death of their second son by completely doting on their first. From his earliest conscious moments, Uriel learned that he was the center of both of his parents’ worlds, the most important thing in their lives, and as he began to explore the world around him he naturally interpreted things from that point of view. Because of this, Uriel had some trouble getting along with his peers when he was first introduced to them, but that stopped once he learned about the history of the Hallowed pack and their duty to protect the Life Crystal. He was finally able to justify his deeply held belief that he was special, and was also able to accept that his pack members were special as well, though not necessarily to the same degree. As he grew into adulthood, Uriel became extremely dedicated to his duties to the Hallowed pack, viewing himself as a holy warrior playing a part in a war against the forces of evil personified by the Cursed pack, and spent long hours training his body so that he would be ready to fight when the time finally comes to wipe them all out for good, and also so he can someday make good on his desire to rise up in the pack’s ranks. Lately Uriel has been beginning to think that it might be a good idea if he took a mate, as he wants to have pups so he can leave a lasting imprint of himself on the future.

Mate Preference: Female only

Alliance: Hallowed

Position: Gamma Warrior

Edited by Avialae

Lady Uriel from Wizard101 was my first thought with that name.

Mousie likes him! But it's an Avia character... I always like yours

I'm pretty sure apps go here...

Username: Moonbeam22

Name: Anaya

Power: Stealth

Abilities: 1. She has a "ghost mode" that she can go into, making her body slightly translucent and very difficult to make out. It is not complete invisibility, but an unsuspecting wolf could not make her out while she is in this state.

2. She can mask her scent at will, making impossible for prey or predator to smell her.

3. Her paws make no sound, even when walking on dead leaves, twigs, etc.

DRAWBACKS: When she chooses to use one or more of these abilities, she becomes weakened. Her personal strength (running, fighting, biting, etc.), but wounds afflicted upon her are made worse. A bite that would only take a few days to heal might take a month if she aquired it whilst in her "ghost mode", masking her scent, etc. This forces her to avoid combat at all costs, and flee if she is presented with a foe of any match to her.

Appearance: http://e08595.medialib.glogster.com/media/...013-std-jpg.jpg]http://e08595.medialib.glogster.com/media/...013-std-jpg.jpg

***Eyes are amber, and she has ash-grey fur on her muzzle and her paws

Personality: In correlation with her power, Anaya is quiet, and typically doesn't want to be the center of attention. However, she is by no means cold or unfriendly to those who approach her. On the contrary, she is warm hearted and mother-like (to pups in particular), and is always eager to help. She is incredibly clever, and is good at working around obstacles and problem-solving. She holds a good set of morals, and is loyal to the point of death.

History: Anaya was born to a pair of lone wolves attempting to stay put of the conflict. They had lived a comfortable life until Anaya and her two brothers were about 8 moons old. The family accidentally came across a scrabble between Hallowed and Cursed wolves, were assumed Hallows by the Cursed, and attacked. The Hallowed were unfortunately outnumbered, so all but Anaya were killed. The two remaining Hallow wolves took the newly orphaned pup in, and she was raised as a Hallowed wolf from there.

Mate Preference: Male only

Alliance: Hallowed

Position: Gamma hunter

I edited this awhile back, but my phone hasn't been letting me post lately >.< Let me know if I need to change or add anything else.

Why is everyody always on their phones? Is that the new thing? xd.png

Hope to see some activity soon, I dunno what to post currently.

Because phones are more convienent than dragging my giant brick laptop around with me xd.png

Moonbeam and Avi, both of them are accepted. Post when you'd like!

Just waiting for story to progress before I make any more post's. Going to hold off on the 3rd character for now.

I can do post's now, but it will have little to no effect on story progression o3o.

Edited by TotallyDrow

I'm thinking of having Uriel be on patrol when I introduce him; would he need other wolves with him for that?

Also, MyaMouse, is Umbria currently in Hallowed territory? If so, I could have him run into her and rescue her, since you're kind of stuck at the moment; just know that Uriel won't be too thrilled with finding a loner trespassing on Hallowed territory, And he wouldn't leave Hallowed territory if he was on patrol, at least if he wasn't pursuing someone. If you don't want me to find Umbria, I can just have him return to the Hallowed camp.

I'm thinking of having Uriel be on patrol when I introduce him; would he need other wolves with him for that?

Also, MyaMouse, is Umbria currently in Hallowed territory? If so, I could have him run into her and rescue her, since you're kind of stuck at the moment; just know that Uriel won't be too thrilled with finding a loner trespassing on Hallowed territory, And he wouldn't leave Hallowed territory if he was on patrol, at least if he wasn't pursuing someone. If you don't want me to find Umbria, I can just have him return to the Hallowed camp.

Well, sort of, but she's kind of on the border?

I dunno.. Yes?

Alright then, I'll have Uriel hear some noise and find her. That being said, I'm the last one who posted in the IC thread, so I'm going have to wait until someone else posts, since it seems like double posting even though it's with a new character.