hazeh

{OOC} Howl to Me III: Blood & Crystals

I really think I'm just going to start with Tobias dreaming and then waking up. Really don't know how to introduce him. tongue.gif

No problem! Sorry Tato, but I probably can't post until around 5pm pacific time since I'm at work until 4:30 and my ipad is going to die soon. I know how that feels though :c

Mouse, since Tene is a beta and in charge of patrol shifts, maybe she can get on Cobalt's case since Ulra is already annoyed at him for being useless? xd.png

Tene can't leave her den much, it's too sunny and using her bubble exerts her a lot

Not right now, it isn't in Cursed territory. tongue.gif

EDIT: Not too sunny that is. If I'm understanding the land well enough.

Edited by Narvix

Tene can't leave her den much, it's too sunny and using her bubble exerts her a lot

Spitfire'll stay in camp then. Gonna bark orders at everybody.

Not right now, it isn't in Cursed territory. tongue.gif

EDIT: Not too sunny that is. If I'm understanding the land well enough.

The sun came up I think, and Tene can't be in sun at all, just brighter is worse... She's like a vampire

Mmmmrmmurmmphffffh

That must look junk on a computer...

I think I'll make a psion wolf because mind reading is awesome

Mind reading = Powerplaying

What if they don't want you to read their thoughts?

This.

Don't worry, his powers are going to have serious drawbacks. I know what I'm doing.

Edited by MrSpyro

Don't worry, his powers are going to have serious drawbacks. I know what I'm doing.

*nods slowly*

Yes.... You do...

Obviously...

Haze is a pretty good critic though

I'm working on a post now. I've got a response to Torque's words, just need to write up a response to whatever Shiny has to post later.

*snip*

Once I accept your profile and move it to the profile posts, please delete your own post so that the thread is cleaner.

*snip*

Guys?

Uh...

Guys

Also, the random surnames are just a word in Latin or Greek or Romanian related to their element... And I like Lovitera

Edited by MyaMouse

Also, the random surnames are just a word in Latin or Greek or Romanian related to their element... And I like Lovitera

That's sort of what I did for Venemus, his name is close to the Latin word for poison/venom. Plus it also just sounds like venom in English, too.

Username: TotallyDrow

Name: Fenrir

Power: Sound Manipulation

Abilities and Drawbacks:

1. Shock wave Howl - The ability to manipulate his own howl to such an extent that it creates a physical force capable of blowing back those unfortunate enough to be caught in the blast radius. The drawback of his shock wave howl is that it cannot be localized to a single target, instead covering a large area in front of him. This means that he can only really use this when no other pack-mate / ally is in front of him. Those with sensitive hearing will also be affected by the volume of the howl. How it looks

2. Air Dash - By releasing controlled burst of sound waves from his paws, Fenrir can dash forward at a quick pace. When Fenrir perfects this ability he will be able to momentarily break the sound barrier during the dash causing a shock wave to expand outwards from his body knocking others and objects away. The drawback to this ability is that he can only move in a linear line as well as the rapid depletion of his energy should he use the ability for long periods of time.

3. Sound Nullification - The ability to completely nullify the sound in a given area. The effect radius of this ability expands outwards from his body creating a 5 meter circumference with his body acting as the center. No sound is present in this 'zone' thus he is able to sneak up on his prey or target. This ability in itself is a drawback. When activated, Fenrir is unable to utilize his dash or howl due to the simple fact that no sound exist in this zone therefore there is nothing for him to manipulate.

Appearance: Fenrir's Appearance - Rather slender, Fenrir hasn't really built up the bulk nor the weight to be considered a 'heavyweight'. What he lacks though in physical power, he more then makes up with his natural agility. His slender frame also benefits him in tight situations. Fenrir suffers from a genetic mutation; having been born with heterochromia in the eyes. His left eye is Bright green in color while his right eye is an Orangey/Hazel color.

Personality: Fenrir is no different to your typical boisterous juvenile. Full of energy and full of curiosity, Fenrir is no stranger to the occasional bout of trouble. He aspires to be a warrior of the pack and a valued member, yet lacks the adequate skills and discipline to be consider as such. He views his position as a hunter as just another stepping stone to his progression in the pack and uses it as both a platform to showcase his skills to his superiors as well as a method of honing his skills. He does not like the attention his differing eye colors bring with them, viewing it as a 'curse'. He carries the underlying worry that it will someday lead him to being ostracized by the pack.

History: Unbeknownst by Fenrir, he is not technically a member of the hollowed pack of wolves. Whilst it is true that his mother had once been associated with the pack, it was long after she had severed her ties with them that Fenrir was brought into the world. Having fallen for the charm of a loner; his mother had decided to abandon her position within the pack; instead choosing to join her 'true' love in a life of solitude. His father whilst not aligned with the cursed pack was by no means on friendly terms with the Hollowed wolves either. Having encroached on their territory on multiple occasions; it came as no surprise that conflict arose between him and members of the Hollowed. It was just before a skirmish between his parents and a hollowed warrior that Fenrir was born. Forced into a fight near some cliffs, his parents became cornered against the edge; where the rock's beneath gave way sending them to their death . As the warrior looked over the edge to the ghastly sight below, the faint whining of a newborn pup could be heard echoing through a small opening in the mountains sturdy wall. Unable to take the life of a newborn whose hands had not been stained by sin; Fenrir was brought back to the pack and smuggled amongst a litter of pups in the nursery. It was the least the hollowed warrior could do for a former pack mate.

Mate Preference: Female preferred , but not interested at the moment

Alliance: Hallowed

Position: Gamma - Hunter but aspires to be a warrior.

*stares at the name*

Um.... Norse mythology reference?

Oh and hi Drow

I got a lovely little idea, Shiny. If you'll allow, I plan to make a pup for Hallowed with an anti-magic/ability power based in music. She wouldn't be good at controlling this so there will be random times when her power acts up and affects/messes up someone else's ability if they're close enough.

Both of those profiles look good; they're accepted.

Hmm. I'd have to see some description about that power first. Music doesn't generally have anything to do with power nullification, so that teeters on the edge of dual powers from the sound of it. I don't mind nullification powers at all (I enjoy those immensely, actually), but the music portion needs to be described a bit more for me first.

This is what I had in mind:

B Flat - Perhaps the most effect of her abilities. Lya is able to create a dampening field of up to seven feet that completely cancels a wolf’s abilities at best. Otherwise, it makes abilities faulty and untrustworthy for use. Obviously, this means she can’t make use of her other abilities as well. In turn, this ability gradually cancels itself out and does not last for more than an hour. If the wolf moves outside of her range, the effect wears off much sooner.

How this is done can seem a little tricky but it’s simpler than it appears. Emitting a note at a specific level, Lya generates a resonating sound. The note created sends off a number of waves to intercept any wolves within range. Specifically, it intercepts the magical energies that they give off, interfering with the natural patterns that allow these abilities to be used effectively.

A Sharp - On the opposite end of Lya’s power, she can actually amplify another’s abilities to a small extent. Using a higher note, she can generate an excited level of energy that compliments that of another wolf’s. This takes some practice as she has to learn the specific wavelengths of individual wolves and can’t last for much longer than twenty to thirty minutes. Similarly, this is restricted to her effective range.

[A debatable, third ability.]

D Natural - Finally, Lya can generate a neutral note of musical energy that surrounds her with a transparent barrier. This shield can protect her from a number of magical attacks, but not physical. The attacks that she is protected from do not include sense-based magics. Anything like a fireball, jet stream, or gust of wind cannot touch her though. While this ability is her longest lasting, it cannot be maintained for more than a couple of hours and requires much more rest. [Decided against this.]

If you disagree with it, I understand. I'll scrap the musical touch and opt for strict nullification then.

Edited by Narvix

Hmmmm~

I think the first two are fine. Employing that through sound I think works well. That third ability is a little iffy to me, but it appears as though you've scrapped that.

I wouldn't mind a third ability that was something along the lines of "x sang a peculiar song to z, rendering z unable to use their powers for n amount of time" as long as there were proper drawbacks and all.